Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Imagine four red skyscrapers on the edge of a cliff...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

How well is the traffic going to scale once you add in point to point routing, etc? Presumably each car is just going to follow the one in front of it in the demo's simulation? Having to readjust speed of each car due to merging cars on and off the highway, faster emergency vehicles etc increases overhead on top of the best case grid scenario.

I really like where this is going with the new demo, but is it going to scale as shown? A bunch of interconnecting figure 8s with high speed emergency vehicles weaving in and out of traffic (or something!) Would have been a better example of capacity.

I'm really interested in the project but I'm going to wait and see how it looks with the economy roughed in and highway merging etc before I jump on the paetron bandwagon. It looks pretty close though.

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Dec 25, 2016

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Not going to lie, I wasn't going to contribute initially, but the quality of the latest video (not only content, but audio/location) makes it look like you have this setup correctly for success for a wide audience. Looking good, definitely considering the paetron thing now.

• Locked thread