Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

So is no one hearing me, or..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Sorry I was clearing out the back log of exposition! :)

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
How heavy is this slab?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Freudian Slip posted:

How heavy is this slab?

It's a man made object, and it's not bolted into the ground so I'll assume four or six of you could carry it if you put your backs into it.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

If I used a willpower to investigate further, would I actually learn anything more? can't access my character sheet so I can't remember how many points I had in computers

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Sir Rabia Tirnova posted:

If I used a willpower to investigate further, would I actually learn anything more? can't access my character sheet so I can't remember how many points I had in computers

You'd be rolling 11 die (intelligence + computers + willpower) trying to get 5 success. It's possible but I would consider it slightly frivolous in terms of what you may get out, you'd just be confirming that one of the three people did it of which one is currently tied up in the corner of the room after having tried to stab another player.

If you wanted to, It'd be best just to spend time hacking away at it.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I was originally typing out that Swan suggests we keep its face covered, stake its heart, cut off its head, stuff its mouth with garlic, douse it in petrol, carry it into the sun, set it on fire and use any explosives we have lying around on it.

Then I remembered his whole thing is debunking cryptozoology so lets take a look at what these corporate drones are so worked up over. Probably just a preserved corpse with a genetic defect.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
It's old man Cutler! He wanted to scare off the drill team so he could tear the base down and build an oil well!

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
I don't know if it's just the rapid-fire single line posting or if I've just lost my knack for forum RP but I am, in all honesty, having a heck of a time keeping track of what's going on, including stuff like where everyone is.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

So that's why you were saying it was "daytime"

We can't burn the whole place down as that would mean that we would freeze pretty quickly.

Milky - it really has exploded today. I don't know if I am posting too much or whatever - but I am really enjoying the fact that its moving along

Freudian Slip fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Apr 28, 2014

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Also I think the british and french are on their way with maghooks in hovercraft so we should feed the vampire to a killer whale and run

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Gough Suppressant posted:

Also I think the british and french are on their way with maghooks in hovercraft so we should feed the vampire to a killer whale and run

Hell yes. As EX-SAS that mean I'm proficient with liquid nitrogen grenades! :iceburn:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Milky Moor posted:

I don't know if it's just the rapid-fire single line posting or if I've just lost my knack for forum RP but I am, in all honesty, having a heck of a time keeping track of what's going on, including stuff like where everyone is.

I thought maybe after all the plot plot plot I'd stick everyone together in the same area but I guess maybe that's made it super confusing. :shrug:

I'll sort it out.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Freudian Slip posted:

So that's why you were saying it was "daytime"

Yeah, in the sense that everyone is up and awake and in the same area, as opposed to sleeping and out of play.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Sorry what I meant to say was that I guess the quote marks also meant it was only nominally daytime - not that it was sunny outside.

Also sorry for over posting :blush:

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
I'm really enjoying following along.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Freudian Slip posted:

Sorry what I meant to say was that I guess the quote marks also meant it was only nominally daytime - not that it was sunny outside.

Also sorry for over posting :blush:

Eheh does this guy ever shut up eheh

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Would people prefer it if I summarized events to keep everyone up to speed?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

That sounds good, I'm not really having any trouble keeping track but it's always nice to have structure.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Am I correct in assuming that unless a character specifically indicates they are keeping information from the rest of us, whenever we meet up we do an implied debrief and can go back and read relevant posts?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Am I correct in assuming that unless a character specifically indicates they are keeping information from the rest of us, whenever we meet up we do an implied debrief and can go back and read relevant posts?

LordPants posted:

That's the end of night one. Everyone is present back inside now it is "day time". Anyone who was asleep at this moment regains. Willpower. Anyone who acted in line with their vice regains 1 willpower.

Everyone can roleplay out conversations, or can just assume to be up to speed with the night's happenings. If you want to post any dilaogue to npcs you can, you also may want to deal with nile's wounds, and you are doing about anita.

This was phone posted and thus, wasn't highlighted clearly which has added to confusion.

I'll recap first, then I'll deal with outstanding actions, then I'll group people up again to reign in the confusion.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Lets take a look at this body and see whats really going on!

That's what she said?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Previously on ...Survivor Hunter The Vigil.

After surviving their first day in Antarctic base, the tribe members retired for the night. But not before some found evidence of foul play in the base.

Jonathan
"Well poo poo guys. Something is going on and it looks like one of our hosts is in on it. We need to be absolutely certain about who it is before we approach the others. If we can't be certain then we should approach all three of them as a group, if we approach whoever is behind this alone by accident we're probably dead meat. How certain are we that we can trust everyone that came with us?

And does anyone have any idea what the gently caress a "dark parliament" is?

Meanwhile, Milky Moor went back to bed.

Milky Moor posted:

I'M GONNA loving POST IN THE CRATEGAME DAD

And Rabia was a little too genre savvy.

Rabia

Rabia backs away slowly, creeped out by the white face.

"Not without backup, no way, uh uh."

Rabia leaves and returns to bed

Meanwhile, Freudian Slip explored the base and ran into trouble.

LordPants posted:

You slowly open the door.

ANITA: I wouldn't do that if I were you.

LordPants posted:

Round 1

Anita slashes at Niles with the knife

She slices with the knife with a diagonal motion opening up a bloody shallow wound across your chest.

But luckily for him, Hooman turned up and decided help permanently blind someone.

LordPants posted:

Mick

Shoving the camera right in her face you fire a shot. Not only is this shot in future years a Pulitzer prize winning photograph, but it'll be bootlegged on the cover of a Scandinavian Black Metal album. A fact that will irk you as they will never pay you a penny. On the other side of the coin, Anita will never again see properly out of her right eye and suffers a permanent -3 to combat rolls.

For using a cruel and unusual punishment on a person, and permanently disfiguring them you must roll to avoid a loss of morality,

You suffer the following derangement.

Voyeur
- You are fascinated by death and violence, before engaging in combat you must successfully take a photo of events in front of you or suffer -2 to all combat rolls. Failure to have your camera with you in combat grants you - 3 to all combat rolls.

Now the tribe has to work out what Anita is talking about when she says people are going to come and kill everyone, what to do with this mysterious corpse on the slab, and how they're going to get out of Antartica.

Seven left, who will be voted out killed or derranged tonight?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to come in and clean up and suggest some tasks in a bit to stop the free for all I created.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Thanks again for doing this Lordpants

Would you like an upgrade to Plat?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Turns out there is a free rules add-on I didn't know about, and it's changed how some things in combat work. I think it's okay, so next combat round the dice may be done a bit differently, it makes it more like oWoD where it's now impossible to "graze" someone with a gun and do only 1 point of damage.

Freudian Slip posted:

Thanks again for doing this Lordpants

Would you like an upgrade to Plat?

I enjoy doing this and as long as you don't mind me calling time outs when I'm too busy irl I'll do it for free. :)

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Did I crack her login or just figured out she did it through the logs.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Hooray, I successfully menaced a restrained woman with physical violence. :negative:

Also I thought we were in the Antarctic? Guess not.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Lead pipe cryptography bro.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

thatbastardken posted:

Hooray, I successfully menaced a restrained woman with physical violence. :negative:

Also I thought we were in the Antarctic? Guess not.

Talking about Canada? Oh that was something I read that when they had to rescue someone they flew a trained flight crew from Canada to fly the plane to Antarctica.

edit: I looked at it as a bad cop type situation. If you had for example "picked the pipe up and threatened her" or actually hit her maybe we'd go down a slippery slope but I just figured you were doing a clint eastwood thing.

double edit: Ahhh I meant a crew from the country of canada, not a plane that had flown directly from canada. If that makes sense.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Apr 29, 2014

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Just the logs, I'm sorry if you indicated otherwise, but you can attempt to hack the system although it'd be harder to do and wouldn't be a case of "I try I win" like before where you were just rolling success until you got a critical success.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Trying to decide if that was a critical success or failure.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
So, who's winning?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lizard Combatant posted:

So, who's winning?

I am.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Nice one. Oh, you've only got 6 pages. I can actually catch up.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

There would be more pages if Milky would ever post. :smith:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

thatbastardken posted:

There would be more pages if Milky would ever post. :smith:

Be careful what you dream of, because you just - might - get - it.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

NAILED IT

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

I like that you're really forcing my hand now. Well played. :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

I hope this leads to my second Total Party Kill in my tradgames history.

• Locked thread