Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
HTV Planes in a crater

or

HTV plans in a crater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
That plan ruled, this game rules.

Planes in a crater indeed.

Also my dicepool for using a knife is 0, with strength 1 and untrained in weapons. I would be more effective throwing snowballs... oh Mick, you sick, gimpy bastard.

hooman fucked around with this message at 16:44 on May 2, 2014

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
1 - 1 = 1. But if you hit you'd do 3 damage because it's a *~special~* knife.

You also can spend willpower which would give you three die, and a pretty goo change to hit (and kill) the Ghoul.

edit: Remembering that after this you get your last chance to shuffle your character around before locking it in and THEN you'll get XP on top of it means that you should be okay from this point onwards. The whole point of this story is to take normaly people and turn them into stone cold deranged killas anyway.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 01:26 on May 3, 2014

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Not sure dispatching the undead makes you a killer.
:goonsay:

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

LordPants posted:

5 die, four success.

Not complaining about results, but how did I end up with 5 dice on a dex+firearms roll? Did I have a range penalty or something?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

thatbastardken posted:

Not complaining about results, but how did I end up with 5 dice on a dex+firearms roll? Did I have a range penalty or something?

- 2 penalty for firing from -3 cover. :)

Cartoon posted:

Not sure dispatching the undead makes you a killer.
:goonsay:

This is stuff we'll get into later but Ghouls are normal people fed Vampire blood and then become addicted to it and do whatever their masters tell them not knowing that they can break free and live without it.

So yeah, you guys are just killing the vampire equivalent of the lower class. You guys are the vampire commission of audit.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Axe the tax.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

LordPants posted:

1 - 1 = 1. But if you hit you'd do 3 damage because it's a *~special~* knife.

You also can spend willpower which would give you three die, and a pretty goo change to hit (and kill) the Ghoul.

edit: Remembering that after this you get your last chance to shuffle your character around before locking it in and THEN you'll get XP on top of it means that you should be okay from this point onwards. The whole point of this story is to take normaly people and turn them into stone cold deranged killas anyway.

Yeah I'm not going to change much, just change a specialty into "taking" photographs rather than concealing his injuries. Who needs to be combat effective in WOD anyways right?

Gonna get torn apart by a werewolf, going to be awesome.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Seen in the military history thread:

HisMajestyBOB posted:

I've lost the translation though.

Probably relevant.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'm happy to keep going

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Are there fantasy characters that aren't yet Catholic? Then I have to keep going. Speaking of: That strange bible is blasphemous as all gently caress. Not sure how long Galihad could keep it without doing something about or to it.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Thanks for running the game LordPants, I am really enjoying it and would love to continue.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Cartoon posted:

Are there fantasy characters that aren't yet Catholic? Then I have to keep going. Speaking of: That strange bible is blasphemous as all gently caress. Not sure how long Galihad could keep it without doing something about or to it.

Surely you'd want to study it so you can work out who its coming from.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Regarding XP, I haven't locked it in but I'm in favor of giving you say, six to spend just so you can start developing your characters into seasoned monster hunters. Remember you can also shed some things that you felt didn't fit your character, or feel stupid. The next game will put you in Australia with no rules as to where you can go or what you can do. Things like "Barfly" which seemed useless before now become useful. Contacts, too, is now something that isn't useless.

Once you've locked in your characters we'll finalize XP and then I'll make a physical copy of your character sheet and we play under "DM is always right" rules.

The lump sum payment is represented in game by having Resources merit of two.

Which will allow you to get anything that costs two dots or fewer.

You can also change your virtue and vices, the rules update allow you to say "Yeah my guy is lazy" or "hasty" or "arrogant" or something instead of "Sloth!" or what the gently caress ever.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Thank you for running the game. I definitely want to continue.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

So, what would I need to do if I wanted to put all my points into guns. Lots of guns?

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
Thanks for running it Lordpants.

Definitely in, I am really enjoying it. Looking forward to playing as a psychiatrist hunting for killers with a group of people all slowly going insane.

I am also changing my vice to arrogance for sure

Don't worry about the pace mate. I know from running the two mafia games I did it sucked having to be available regularly.

You did a good job and it shows by everyone wanting to jump back in

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
I'd be down to continue.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Here's the combat guide if you're interested.

In regards to merits, I'll put up a list of the revised Merits, people can then ask specifically what they do so you can make an informed decision.

If you really want to go wild, here is the free rules add-on that will list them all and explanations. Be ware, it may be a "peak behind the curtain" and if you'd rather be ignorant of game mechanics you can skip it.

Similarly, you don't have to buy guns, you can buy equipment. Instead of listing it all if you just want to spitball ideas we'll see if we can make it work.

Sir Rabia Tirnova posted:

So, what would I need to do if I wanted to put all my points into guns. Lots of guns?

What I would do, is leave everything as it is except move your 2 points of stamina into strength, buy with 4 xp a single attribute point of dexterity, and with 2 xp finish upgrading your firearms to 5 (leaving you with one xp point left over). Which would make you into a total gun sperg who knows absolutely everything about guns but isn't actually that physically gifted. I'd specify my specialty as "rifles" and then you'd still have eight combat dice (five firearms, 2 dexterity + speciality).

Actually I'd specify some pistol that is my specialty and make myself Doc Holiday or someshit.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 09:44 on May 4, 2014

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Thanks for running it LordPants, definitely down to continue.

I might make some mods to the characters sheet and then let you know.

EDIT: Realised I had spent one point too little in my attributes so fixed that.

Removed my specialty in hiding my injury and changed it to actually taking photographs.

Spent my 6xp on a point of strength (physical activity is better for recovery than rehab has been) and a point in occult given the learning that's taken place on the base.

hooman fucked around with this message at 11:06 on May 4, 2014

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Also, If you want to roll for integrity for killing the people in the plane you may.

I'm assuming, since it was self defense that the military trained people are fine with it. As four people didn't actually engage they're in the clear, but if you think your character would feel bad for accidentally killing a pilot who flew a plane filled with killers you can.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

hooman posted:

Thanks for running it LordPants, definitely down to continue.

I might make some mods to the characters sheet and then let you know.

EDIT: Realised I had spent one point too little in my attributes so fixed that.

Removed my specialty in hiding my injury and changed it to actually taking photographs.

Spent my 6xp on a point of strength (physical activity is better for recovery than rehab has been) and a point in occult given the learning that's taken place on the base.

Okay, your skill specialities are going to play out like this:

Spotting people who are trying to hide themselves - +1 to contested stealth rolls.
Taking Photographs = +1 to investigation when taking photographs.
Building and maintaining cameras - +1 on crafts rolls involving cameras

Also you degeneration comes with the following bonus

+1 to investigation when using a camera AND a dead-body is present.

This will only remain while you have the derangement.

I'll double check your sheet and then enter it into my SUPER SECRET GOOGLEDOC.

Also - See how he roleplayed his XP spending? That's awesome. Do that.

I think we'll settle on six XP as the standard per "story". But people like Milky and TBK who have played before if you want to suggest higher go ahead I'm open to suggestions.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

I have had a flick through everyone's character sheet. I have tweaked Niles skills to fill in some of the gaps.

Lordpants - would making drugs be craft or science? If it is craft, could I collaborate with say Rabia to make chemistry based stuff?

The reason is I want to drop craft and put it into politics - since no one seems to want to role play an Auspol poster :butt:

Also in terms of buying things - can we buy a total of two points or we can buy multiple things worth up to two points?

One other thing I was wondering - since Niles is a psychiatrist. Between missions could he try and help cure things like Swan's PTSD? (That is if Gough is also cool with me trying)

Freudian Slip fucked around with this message at 11:27 on May 4, 2014

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
So to confirm, if you want to buy a two dot merit for example, is it a total of 3 points of xp to do so?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Freudian Slip posted:

Lordpants - would making drugs be craft or science? If it is craft, could I collaborate with say Rabia to make chemistry based stuff?

Crafts is building things, Science includes chemistry, so I'd go with science. You can collaborate with Rabia and say make Silver bullets which would involve chemistry + crafts. I'm not sure if that is a great example but you get the idea.

quote:

The reason is I want to drop craft and put it into politics - since no one seems to want to role play an Auspol poster :butt:

Okay! Politics is kinda cool. It works in a couple of ways like you can use it with a police officer to say "Hey man the mayor isn't going to like it if you don't let me look at those documents" or you can go to a gun company and say "It'd be really great PR if I, renowned monster hunter, could use your weapon in the field" or whatever.

quote:

Also in terms of buying things - can we buy a total of two points or we can buy multiple things worth up to two points?

There is a gap in the story, so sure, grab a gun and a first aid kit for example. It's just to stop you buying an uzi at this point in the story.

quote:

One other thing I was wondering - since Niles is a psychiatrist. Between missions could he try and help cure things like Swan's PTSD? (That is if Gough is also cool with me trying)

If you want, and people are cool with that we can come up with a system to help people regain integrity, or resist degeneration. It could be fun, so we'll work it out on a case by case basis.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Gough Suppressant posted:

So to confirm, if you want to buy a two dot merit for example, is it a total of 3 points of xp to do so?

1 per dot, so a two point merit would be 2.

Here is a list that's easier to read. If you want details on what they do give me a yell.

http://thereachmux.org/wiki/God_Machine_Merit_Change_Summary

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
It's been great watching this from the sidelines - well done to all involved. I reckon seven people is more than enough to handle, but if anyone drops away I'd be keen to participate. My drunken bartender is still waiting in the wings.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Tirade posted:

It's been great watching this from the sidelines - well done to all involved. I reckon seven people is more than enough to handle, but if anyone drops away I'd be keen to participate. My drunken bartender is still waiting in the wings.

I reckon now would be a great time to bring in an 8th?

LordPants posted:

Crafts is building things, Science includes chemistry, so I'd go with science. You can collaborate with Rabia and say make Silver bullets which would involve chemistry + crafts. I'm not sure if that is a great example but you get the idea.

I'd actually be really keen on this, but I'm really poo poo with the rules, so if someone can monkey with my character sheet to best work out how to help with this, I'd be appreciative.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

I reckon now would be a great time to bring in an 8th?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHOMIL_6x7k

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

LordPants posted:

You can collaborate with Rabia and say make Silver bullets which would involve chemistry + crafts.

I'd actually be really keen on this

Awesome - we can make awesome, improbable weapons together! Tranquilizer arrows, Wooden pellet shotgun shells, super soakers that spray holy water!

LordPants posted:

Okay! Politics is kinda cool.

Sweet, politics it is.

LordPants posted:

If you want, and people are cool with that we can come up with a system to help people regain integrity, or resist degeneration. It could be fun, so we'll work it out on a case by case basis.

So Gough or Hooman are you guys game? I am guessing there is always the chance that I will rolls ones :gibs:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Chatting to someone about Blinding Anita and regaining a point of lost morality might be fitting, but to be honest I think the derangement fits the character too well and is a keeper. He wouldn't want to get help to get over it, he enjoys it.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Rad. I have a few suggestions though. Eddie needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Eddie's not doing things, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Eddie"?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Tirade posted:

Rad. I have a few suggestions though. Eddie needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Eddie's not doing things, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Eddie"?

But seriously, I had some degree of trouble tracking seven people so I'll think about it, straw that breaks the camel's back and all that.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

LordPants posted:

But seriously, I had some degree of trouble tracking seven people so I'll think about it, straw that breaks the camel's back and all that.

Yeah no worries dude.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Depending on what happens with Galihad and/or Niles, I'm thinking Jonathan is going to end up spending all day researching the occult and all night trying to drink his memories away without some form of humanitarian intervention.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

hooman posted:

Chatting to someone about Blinding Anita and regaining a point of lost morality might be fitting, but to be honest I think the derangement fits the character too well and is a keeper. He wouldn't want to get help to get over it, he enjoys it.

I was originally only thinking about Swan as he is fairly depressed and may seek help. I agree that Mick enjoys his derangement and would not actually seek help, but I thought it would polite to offer.

Lordpants: I have updated Niles.

When he got home the fight with Anita played heavily on his mind. He was never going to be that powerless again. He joined the local gym and started judo classes. He stopped going to the gym after the first week and left judo after being pinned down by a teenager.

These decisions were made easier by his renewal of his gun licence. He spent many afternoon practicing at the range. He loved the feeling of power the gun gave him. (+1 firearms).

He spent quite a lot of time speaking with Rabia, who he was loathe to admit, much more intelligent than him (+1 intelligence)

He asked Galihad to help him convince Swan that he needs help. Whether or not Swan rejects this help is up to Swan

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Oh by the by, just saying, If you get probated your character goes to DM control. :getin:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Tirade posted:

Just imagine that I linked the bit from Community where Jack Black shows up and he's badly re-edited into scenes from the previous seasons to establish that he's been there the whole time.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

LordPants posted:

Oh by the by, just saying, If you get probated your character goes to DM control. :getin:

Yes but what happens if you get probated?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

XyloJW posted:

Yes but what happens if you get probated?

You keep what you kill.

• Locked thread