Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Yeah, for me it goes:

1. Rocky

2. Rocky II, Rocky III, Rocky Balboa, Rocky IV all tied

3. Rocky V

4. Rocky VII: Adrian's Revenge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Literally The Worst posted:

No because I don't hate Rob Liefeld.

Does this mean you hate Jesse Plemmons?

Explain yourself, Dickeye!

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I hate his loving face. I don't mean that in a facetious way I mean I literally hate his face and want to hit it.

Lame, dude. Jesse Plemmons is tops.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I spent about 5 hours today marathoning the last few episodes of the 6th season of Mad Men, and Plus Pete gets poo poo on a LOT, which I'm a fan of.

He also puts in maybe the greatest line reading of the entire series.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

morestuff posted:

I'm wrapping up the sixth season as I type this and nothing is coming to mind. What?

Yeah, it's this:

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Keanu Grieves posted:

We were just relieved he wasn't walking to Mount Doom. That path is absolutely fraught with danger.

Geekboy should've just flown an eagle to his next lovely decision :smug:

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

But they couldn't use the eagles because something about Sauron seeing them and lasering them out of the sky. There was a thread a looong time ago that was basically "Ask me anything about Tolkien because I know way too much about this poo poo" and that was like the first question.

Yeah, that's why I used it. I'd also heard it as the eagles simply not wanting to do it cause they're not performing monkeys, which I like and is diva-as-gently caress. It's a dumb question though.

I think the bigger point is Geekboy is making a huge mistake.

zVxTeflon posted:

can sauron talk to his orcs with telepathy? you could just invis past mordor up to the volcano and whats he gonna do about it if his wraith guys aren't near.

That big-rear end eye will just give them a disapproving look.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Swagger Dagger posted:

I don't know if you guys want to count the ESPN 30 for 30 documentaries as movies since they're made for TV but holy gently caress is the Hillsborough documentary required viewing for anyone with a passing interest.

Edit: seriously it's one of the best documentaries I've ever seen, right up there with Harlan County or Hoop Dreams or whatever.

I was on a huge 30 for 30 kick a bit ago, but I hit mediocre streak and fell off. I'll definitely check it out.

June 17, 1994 is one the best things. It's so good.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Skwirl posted:

I think it's easy for guys to forget what kind of bullshit most women have to deal with. For instance almost every girl I know has really hosed up and bizarre story about riding the bus. (Most people who ride the bus have a weird story about it,but girl's stories tend to be worse)

I think every girl I know has has been told by strangers in public to "smile".

What a creepy, sexist thing to say to someone.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I only checked Facebook once during the movie

hahaha, dude, come on.

I mean, I know you have a good excuse, but TheBigBudgetSequel must be chomping at the bit.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

DNS posted:

Rewatched Michael Clayton. It's crazy to me that Sydney Pollack never got any real acting nominations, because the guy was just a loving treat to watch. Huge reservoirs of charisma.

I love his scene with Tom Cruise at the pool table in Eyes Wide Shut. So good.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Well it's happened there more than any other theater I've been to.

When I was a kid the power went out during Batman Forever right after the montage of Batman's rubber dick and butt. Could've left after that probably.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Daily reminder that Miami Connection is the greatest movie ever made by a human being:

What's the greatest movie ever made by something other than a human being?

Seriously.

EDIT: Would this count? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU-KvtA20v8

LesterGroans fucked around with this message at 06:29 on May 5, 2014

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

ChickenMedium posted:

You're pretty dismissive of the films of the Mole People.

I'm curious. Curious about Mole Cinema.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Hbomberguy posted:

Huh! I just started that show recently too. Not as good as people told me it was, but still good and it's picking up later in the first season. I love the constant sudden dramatic zooms.

Just wait until you get to season 3. The whole season's basically unimpeachable. Early-Simpson's quality. Season 4 is shaping up to be almost as good as well.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Season 1 is very good in a weird laid back way. It's just very comfortable in what it is and is just kinda hanging out doing its thing.

Oh, for sure, but I almost feel like 1 and 2 are sort of "here are these characters, aren't they great?" and then 3 is like "Now we'll make everything about the show great too".

1 and 2 definitely have some amazing gems though, like "Burgerboss" or "Bob Day Afternoon" or "Sheesh! Cab, Bob?"

EDIT: Tina is a gift from the TV Gods. I still think about the line "A turkey in every toilet. Only in America." and crack the gently caress up.

LesterGroans fucked around with this message at 05:46 on May 11, 2014

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I mean, say what you will about Game of Thrones, but if it lets Dinklage put on a clinic like he did this week then there ain't nothing wrong with it in my eyes.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Tell her to name her baby Apollo 13.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It's one of the few orchestral themes of a movie in the past 15 years that I can recall and hum without having to refresh my memory.

I saw Cloverfield twice in theatres but didn't hear the score until I got the DVD. Now it's impossible for me to watch the movie without listening to "Roar" after it. So good.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I want a Cloverfield 2 done in the style of Loose Change.

Holy poo poo, this would be amazing.

'Experts' analyzing slash marks and footprints and saying there's now way the Cloverfield monster could have existed. Protestors demanding proof of those giant lice, calling it a "False Flea" operation.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

schwenz posted:

You know what? New Jack city is still pretty badass.

Uh, yeah, was this ever in any doubt? Who made you think it wouldn't still be badass? Who did this to you?! Give me their name and I'll take care of it!

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

My mom loves Cloverfield, The White Ribbon, Fight Club and anything involving either Diane Keaton or Ray Romano.

Looking for something like that?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

TrixRabbi posted:

For awhile I've been considering writing a Kevin Smith retrospective, going through all of his films in order, now that I'm no longer in high school, and reevaluating them. But the mere idea of rewatching Cop Out is keeping me from attempting it.

http://youtu.be/yg2u_De8j5o

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

TwistedLadder posted:

I'm so glad he told me it was about a vampire. I might have been confused otherwise.

Also note that he is specifically looking for a submissive white woman.

No, he'd just strongly prefer a submissive white woman. I guess if he had to settle he'd get all addle-pated by someone who isn't white.

Gotta be hella submissive though.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Vargo posted:

Guys, what are the 3-4 best ESPN 30 For 30 documentaries?

The Two Escobars, Muhammad and Larry, The U.

June 17, 1994 is GOAT though.

Also, it's not technically 30 for 30 I think, but The Fab Five is great.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Oh nooo, Gordon Wills died.

Oh man. Well...I have tomorrow off, so it seems like a marathon of The Godfather, The Godfather Part II and All the President's Men in in order.

Geekboy posted:

I actually loving did it.

Way to go, bruv. :)

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Geekboy posted:

Getting back to birds in houses:

save some of this material for the comic, buddy.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

It's showing up for me.

EDIT: But I've always been able to get the secret Rotten Tomatoes reviews that they don't let the rabble see.

LesterGroans fucked around with this message at 22:46 on May 21, 2014

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Yoshifan823 posted:

I'm really frustrated because I know there's a really good example of a movie where the "main" character isn't necessarily the one who goes through all of the development, but it's not coming to me. Help me out?

What about the Dickeye Special? Ferris Bueller.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

axleblaze posted:

WHY WON'T YOU TWO JUST gently caress ALREADY AND GET IT OVER WITH????

Jesus, it's like a bad will they/won't they sitcom in here.

Like Ross and Rachel.

Or Sam and Die-Already.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Hey, Dickeye AKA Literally The Worst AKA Miguel Sanchez...

hosed Up's newest album is streaming on Pitchfork.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

The scene in the RoboCop remake where Oldman's character shows Murphy how much of him is actually left is legitimately terrifying. It just keeps going.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Double posting beacuse I'm on my phone but the soundtracks for the first two THPS games are fantastic.

When I hear "Guerilla Radio" all I can think about is playing THPS.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

CPL593H posted:

Why is it what when a bunch of people get hooked on some lengthy episodic drama series they insist everyone watch it and get super offended if you won't?

People get excited about things they like and want to share it/discuss it with people they like.

Biodome posted:

It's like the people who insist on letting you know they don't drink or watch sports. I don't get it.

This is great.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Discount Viscount posted:

Omar wearing a tie might be one of the highlights so far in my watching of The Wire.

Best use of spoiler tags.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

zVxTeflon posted:

Ive only seen Tokyo Drift and the last 50 seconds of the last Cars Go Fast Movie. Why did the crank guy get retconned into killing the korean guy?

So Statham can be the bad guy in the new one and This Time It's Personal.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Fat Lou posted:

My one ex is now a cam girl. I am not sure if there is much else to add to this story

A link?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

FatLou is CineD as heck. He'd be ranting about the framing and lighting of her cam show.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

SHORTS OR GET OFF THE POT!

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

TrixRabbi posted:

Man, remember when Nicolas Cage was a respected actor?

Joe is fantastic...

Too bad Left Behind looks like the worst thing ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

The Normal Heart was okay, but it definitely showed why Taylor Kitsch is better than summer blockbusters. He's really good.

Yoshifan823 posted:

People laugh and scoff when I say that Nicolas Cage is the greatest screen actor of our generation, but gently caress those people, Nic Cage owns.

People suck, Nic cage is fantastic. He pulls off so many disparate genres with incredible dedication.

• Locked thread