Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

DetoxP posted:

I didn't vote and I never do. Anarchy. Tear down the system. Dickeye as mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Yes, someone...

I picked up Freaks & Geeks from the library today and watched the first episode and already really like it. All of that praise wasn't just people blowing hot air, go figure. Some of the jokes and their delivery are just killer.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

CloseFriend posted:

I loved Ni no Kuni, but I wish it didn't have a radical overabundance of text coupled with making the player navigate it to advance the story. It just got annoying after a while. I don't even think it would be so bad if the compendium was a physical book instead of part of the game, but the early days of PC gaming taught us all that having the player use real-life books as reference doesn't really work.

Oh they made a physical book. It was required for the original Japanese Nintendo DS version of the game and came with every copy. The English one was part of the PS3 limited edition.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

What's ya'lls favorite cold blooded ending to a movie? I'm expecting a lot of The Departed and There Will Be Blood answers but mine has become Countdown To Looking Glass.

Being John Malkovich and Kiss Me Deadly. BJM's isn't exactly cold-blooded I guess, but it's disturbing and Björk is used to great effect. I didn't see KMD's ending coming and it's a hell of a thing.

MisterBibs posted:

As I was getting the mail today, I noticed an open umbrella cartwheeling down the street. I stopped it and waited for a while, in case there was going to be someone chasing after it. After around three minutes, I went back in with it.

I feel like a thief, but there's nowhere to hang errant umbrellas...

This is poetry.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
I really like Dafoe in Auto Focus. And almost forgot about him in Wild at Heart until you mentioned it. He's a good creep.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Fat Lou posted:

So, I started a project where I listen to all the Wu-Tang albums along with all of the solo albums and collaborations, including Cappadonna, chronologically. Being that it is 63 albums/72 hours and 22 minutes worth of music I figure what better time to add even more Wu related media. I am thinking 36th Chamber of Shaolin, Shaolin vs Wu Tang, How High, Ghost Dog, Man with the Iron Fists, and Tom Yum Goong 2. What other Wu Tang related movies do I need? I know I should just flesh it out with a bunch of classic Shaw Brothers movies, but I know literally nothing about those outside of about a dozen random ones I have watched, and only partly remember, from my childhood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFDET1ofI_M

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

The MSJ posted:

Our penis nightmares will now be lesser with Giger's passing.

I assure you the penis nightmares are only beginning.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

CloseFriend posted:

Mos Def is a truther too, which seems weird since everything else I've read makes him sound like a pretty down-to-Earth guy.

He fooled Arthur Dent for many years.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
I need to hurry up and change my name to Cat Stevens while that window is still open.

... Is it still open? I really have dawdled.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Slice of life: My county is on fire. I'm okay, though.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
I really thought Spraynard would take off on the boy name list.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116#Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
We named the dog Indiana.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Beyond sane knolls posted:

Gay weeding: a fabulous gardening activity.

Something something rooting around with your tool, garden weasel...

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
I'm way behind on Spielberg, I only saw Close Encounters and the Indiana Jones trilogy for the first time back in February, outside of random snatches flipping through TV over the years. (For some reason it seems like I always would see the ending of Close Encounters.)

He and Cameron are incredibly busy people.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
In the wake of all this Spielberg chat today I ran across a namedrop of him in a Discworld book I'm reading. Confirmation bias is fun.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
That was like a Sharknado of tweets but without the sharks.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
We're all big fans of Shark attacks jogger in Maui.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Kevar posted:

The thing with twitter is you just need to shout into the void. Sometimes it shouts back, but most of the time it doesn't. Mundane thing happened to you and you want to say something snarky about it? Twitter. Drunk and watching a movie? Tweet that poo poo. Someone acted like an rear end in a top hat in a public place you were? Better tweet about it. Really any thought you have that can fit in 140 characters, tweet it. I'm not all that good at twitter and I don't have many followers, but goddammit, I was drunk and felt like sharing a thought about someone who threw my lighter into the woods 5 years ago AND I loving DID.

Plus sometimes you can say stuff to famous people or bands and they respond.

This guy gets it.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Literally The Worst posted:

Fred Williamson wrote Boss friend of the family. Fred Williamson owns.

Featuring one of the most dangerous theme songs to find yourself humming absentmindedly in public.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Yoshifan823 posted:

*stands up*

I Am Spar-Dick-Eyes.

You've just won this year's CloseFriend Trophy.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

CloseFriend posted:

I like to think of it as 2-man semaphore.

Something something sailors something etc.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Now loading clumsy.wad on difficulty: Blurt Me Plenty.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Hey no one said anything about loving him.

No matter how hard they were thinking it.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

edit 2: y'know, I'm not sure how controversial an opinion this is, but I actually think I like How to Train Your Dragon more than any Pixar film I've seen.

I certainly liked it more than Toy Story 3.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Dissapointed Owl posted:

It's great, and a big step up from the predecessor Three. Which was re-released after the success of Three... Extremes as Three... Extremes 2, funnily enough.

drat, I'd been wondering if Three Extremes 2 was any good. I've had it sitting around forever unwatched. Did not know about the grindhouse-esque retitling; I think I noticed and was confused by the earlier copyrights on the box, though.

Three... Extremes is one of the movies I was introduced to via Siskel and Ebert on those rare lazy weekend afternoons I remembered to tune in, years before I started trying to watch as many movies as I could. I should give it a rewatch. Dumplings has the best foley.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
I didn't quite know what to think of Zebraman after watching it. It was fairly entertaining but... I dunno. A rewatch of that with Big Man Japan might prove illuminating.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
You should have called him and told him to settle down.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

TrixRabbi posted:

What's a good movie for when you want to watch something but just cannot focus?

Auto Focus

:haw:

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
The Phoenix Saga was event television for a 10-ish year-old. A story that spanned the whole week! In a cartoon that usually only aired on Saturday!

There's something off-putting about the animation style or something in the 90s Spider-man cartoon, but I still enjoyed the hell out of it.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Samuel Clemens posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I7HhZfiVEg

This probably goes without saying, but the Doom community is crazy.

Edit: Actually, I hope the Doom 2 film is just the cinematic equivalent of this.

About 3/4 of the way through someone passed them a copy of GamePro.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Egbert Souse posted:

Tron Legacy isn't a great movie, but neither is its predecessor.

Tron just has so much drat heart and imagination in it. Only a handful of the creative liberties taken with what computers are and how they work ring a bit hokey, which is amazing for something steeped in them. The way cutting-edge computer technology is used to create a fantasy about cutting-edge computer technology imbues the whole thing with a sense of wonder. Jurassic Park did the same thing, although a bit less literally.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Vargo posted:

CPL WHERE ARE THE SHORTS PICS?

He mentioned something about camera issues.

Which is no excuse, but hey, now you know.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Sprecherscrow posted:

We do however need a One Eyed One Horned Flying Purple People Eater movie. It could be the Pacific Rim sequel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY7NZ6vKWGM

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

effectual posted:

Few pages behind, but anyone seen Maleficwnt yet? I'm watchin xmen in a minute, saw Mal is out tonight.

Clumsy liked it oops spoilers.

Beaten like [gets yanked off stage]

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

CPL593H posted:

Why the hell are so many of you freaking out at the movies?

We're all Brian Wilson sockpuppet accounts.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

DoctorWhat posted:

I know what this is about, zVxTeflon, you want me to have an abortion!

I just wanted to let you know we're all cI appreciated this.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

TwistedLadder posted:

One time a cat gave birth to a bunch of kittens on my doorstep, and then abandoned them there in the cold for two days. Only one of the kittens was alive, so I tried to nurse it back to health (Discount Viscount and Vargo were a lot of help). It made it about a day before it passed away in my arms.

I'd forgotten about that.

Sorry to hear that, CloseFriend. As a fellow crazy cat man I know how rough that's gotta be.

One time a huge black cat crawled into our yard, meowling up a storm and breathing heavily, laid down, and died several minutes later. His hindquarters were all wet, possibly with piss or I don't even know or remember. It was obvious he wasn't going to make it, so while it was pretty sad and a bit bizarre there weren't any hopes that were dashed, really.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Omar wearing a tie might be one of the highlights so far in my watching of The Wire.

Shame the library's Season 2 discs are all scratched to hell about halfway through. Good timing on my part, though, with Amazon just getting around to putting it up last week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Skwirl posted:

Wasn't that a trap in some other sci-fi novel, like a Douglas Adams type thing? The hero sat in the most comfortable chair in the world and couldn't get up because it was too comfortable, he would have starved to death or whatever if his willpower wasnt strong enough to get out of the chair.

It was in The Tick animated series, at least.

• Locked thread