Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

CPL593H posted:

I still don't understand how you got locked in a house. How does that happen? Why didn't you call the cops? What is wrong with you?

Because I didn't realize I was locked in until fairly late on. I thought that, like any edifice designed by sane people, it was openable from the inside without the key even when locked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
I'm going to let it rest for a few days and then try to contact her again and maybe unfuck the situation if at all humanly possible but if not, just give it up and refocus.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Mario left to go catch his bus and we exchanged Facebook.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
I dunno, this is probably because I'm an idiot but I feel like this is something that can be resolved if we just talk it out. It's a loving insane situation but 99% of my interactions with her have been fantastic and this is literally just a cascading spiral of people making dumb decisions.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
At least I can introduce myself to people with the fact that my life is basically Trapped in the Closet.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

CPL593H posted:

Remember when I asked how you got locked in a house? I didn't mean "What series of events made this happen", I meant, how the gently caress did you not manage to find your way out of a house?

Every single exit to the house was barred.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Slice of life: got home and proceeded to get grilled by my parents about how everything that went wrong is entirely my fault and how it was karma that I got hosed as badly as I did. Everything hurts and I want to die.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Like I totally admit that large parts of this were because I was a complete idiot but jesus christ what the hell kind of rear end in a top hat responds to someone having a horrible weekend with a laundry list of ways that it's their fault?

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
...the person who hosed another dude on my birthday and locked me in a crack house for 2 days? Unless you think this is some kind of Fight Club situation where I somehow did all of this to myself.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Sorry I've been making GBS threads up genchat, for what it's worth. I guess it says a lot about me that my first response to horrible emotional pain is to vent on an internet comedy forum.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
What about that dude who was obsessed with Yoshi?

e: Also, I just want to throw out there that Regular Show and marijuana are the cure for most of life's ills. I am feeling much better and if I get contacted by the horrible person I will tell them that they cold have a peter in their mouth.

SALT CURES HAM fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jul 30, 2014

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Yeah I was actually locked in starting about 12 hours before my drunkposting spree, so ~36 hours? Not quite 2 days actually but still. I didn't *notice* till after I woke up yesterday, because I didn't try to leave prior (because I was under the impression they were coming back at some point and wasn't genuinely in fear of being imprisoned long-term), but I was imprisoned for a fair while.

And yes I am severing, gently caress this noise. I really don't need this bullshit. Mario was giving me sage advice when he called them a fake rear end ho.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Sprecherscrow posted:

Regular Show is one of those shows that would be 100x better if they elimanted the main characters and focused on the secondary characters. Specifically I want the Pops show.

I dunno, I actually like the less overtly silly characters a little more. Mordecai, Rigby, etc just being normal people with... odd appearances and odd circumstances kind of gives it a feel similar to Achewood or Jason's comics (though I'm only familiar with Werewolves of Montpellier) and lets the show pull off a lot of more subtle humor, unlike Adventure Time's nonstop parade of bizarre poo poo.

It actually just clicked for me that Regular Show is pretty much a more kid friendly Achewood.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Sprecherscrow posted:

You liked Mordecai and the red girl bird's will they or won't they horse poo poo?

Oh christ no, that particular plot thread got really tired really fast. They replaced her with a semi-new character, CJ, though, and the episodes with them kiiiinda own so far because she's actually a character and not just a plot device.

also fuckin lol CPL

I'm actually going on a date with a person who, to the best of my knowledge, is not crazy tonight, so hopefully that won't spectacularly blow up in my face

SALT CURES HAM fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jul 31, 2014

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Pretty sure SALT CURES HAM is a Lars von Trier character, someone go beat him up in an alleyway and pee on him before leaving him to be raped by an asexual bachelor who looks a lot like Stellan Skarsgard (unless his parents get to him first - either way, a hilarious trainwreck).

:stonk:

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
So my date went extremely well, and as far as I can tell the girl is perfectly sane. We originally planned on going to get food and catching Guardians of the Galaxy last night but we ended up just smoking a bunch of weed and cuddling and listening to music.

How is this going to horribly backfire on me, I wonder.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
So if I thought a date went pretty well but the girl promptly disappeared off the face of the earth and hasn't responded to any attempts at communication in the ~day and a half since, should I take that as a bad sign?

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Anonymous Robot posted:

She's trapped in your house! Go unlock the door!

I'm never gonna live that down, am I?

e: Also my best educated guess is that she looked further at my OKC profile, found out that I'm bi, and ran like hell. Girl seems genuinely really homophobic. So I guess I kind of dodged that bullet even if she was fine as hell, didn't lock me in her house, and was really fun to hang out with.

:gbsmith:

SALT CURES HAM fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Aug 2, 2014

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
At least it's a story I laugh my rear end off thinking about too. (Mostly because I'm really glad that's over.)

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Hopefully at some point my OKCupid adventures will lead me to someone who is fun to be around, attractive, not a semi-closeted lesbian, smokes weed (or is at least okay with me doing it), has good taste in things, not homophobic, and won't lock me in her house for 2 days.

I can dream. :smith:

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Literally The Worst posted:

Construction sites, churches, the set of Transformers,

my ex's house

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Honestly the further I get from having been locked in a real-life groverhaus the funnier the whole situation gets to me. It's like a really absurd Curb Your Enthusiasm episode or something.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

GonSmithe posted:

Stop it. It's funny for us because it's not happening to us. It's not funny for you. You're a loving moron and you need to get your poo poo together, dating and otherwise. This shouldn't just be a "hilarious adventure" for you, it should be a wake-up call.

Okay, since apparently I need to justify every thing I say now:

I'm not talking to the girl who did that anymore, I very very thoroughly severed.

I signed up for classes at the community college near my home so I can try and unfuck my academics without inflating my student loans any more than I already did.

My parents are still asshats about my brain problems but I found a place for therapy that I can afford with my current paycheck even without putting it on the insurance, so I'm getting that worked on.

I've even started working out a little and trying to be more active.

What else could I possibly be doing? Like, I'm genuinely open to suggestions here, because it seems like I'm getting just about everything that needed to be taken care of, taken care of.

(If you're wondering why I haven't posted about these things, maybe it's because, shock of the loving century, that's not the part that I find even remotely interesting to talk about on an internet comedy forum!)

Magic Hate Ball posted:

If we're lucky, he'll overdose and die and we won't have to deal with him anymore, right fellas? haha! who's with me

:catstare:

SALT CURES HAM fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Aug 3, 2014

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Put it this way, CineD doesn't need a fyad-lite because we have IRC.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Timby posted:

Physician, heal thyself.

I'm not trying to be snarky. But you're going out on a date literally days after you spent 36 hours locked in a New Orleans crackhouse. You're identifying as both bi and poly, and there's nothing wrong with that, but you're 20 years old and also talking about living in an abusive home. You've got some real baggage going on -- get yourself together before you worry about being with someone else. (Kicking the weed for a little while might not be a bad idea, either.)

I don't identify as poly, I was kind of dragged into that one. :v:

I do get what you're saying, though, and I sorta agree, but on the other hand I feel like having an active social life and getting out of the house more can only do me good. And so far, it really has, there's just not that many options for social poo poo here for someone who isn't 21 other than "go on dates with OKCupid girls" and "hang out with other people from high school who ended up in poo poo situations."

e: Also, firstly, it was my then-girlfriend's house (not a total stranger's crackhouse jesus christ), and I didn't even get thaaat drunk (I exaggerated because that's a thing I do when I tell stories for the amusement of strangers on an internet comedy forum sometimes!), just enough that I felt the need to go to bed early.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Timby posted:

This appears to be a recurring theme with you.

You say this like it's not a thing I literally just admitted right after the part you quoted.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Jesus gently caress :stare:

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
And now I want to write a pilot for that.

e: Someone lock me in their house for 2 days so I can do that, free of distractions... wait oh poo poo

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
So Guardians of the Galaxy is the best Star Wars movie since Empire Strikes Back.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Empire
New Hope
Guardians
Return

Guardians and New Hope are really really close together for what it's worth.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
"Food Juggalo" really is pretty much the perfect description of him.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

axleblaze posted:

It's kind of odd when people talk about Guardian being a nice change of pace. I haven't seen it yet, but none of the Marvel movies are all that grimdark and most of them are just silly fun action movie.

The best way I can think of to put it is that, even if most of the other Marvel movies are silly and fun too, Guardians is way more focused on comedy than the others are. It also has a really unique aesthetic and a soundtrack consisting of oldies elevator music.

Like, yeah Guardians isn't that out of the ordinary, but it's still pretty noticeably different from the ISO standard Marvel mold, even moreso than the other Phase 2 movies.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
What the fuuuuuck :stare:

e: Any source on that? Not seeing anything on google.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Right, this thread is for discussion of Slavoj Zizek's large intestine.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Hey guess who's knocking off a bucket list item and seeing Nine Inch Nails live tomorrow

me

(for free, no less)

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

No poo poo? At The Woodlands? Me too! Where are you gonna be?

I'm gonna be on the lawn. Not a clue where specifically. I'm actually going to be showing up an hour late because of work, too, but I don't really care about missing Soundgarden or... I guess Dillinger Escape Plan if that's a thing, I just want to see NIN.

e: I'm going to be seeing NIN on the same stage I walked for my high school graduation. This is actually sort of unsettling to me in a way I can't place. #WhitePeopleProblems

SALT CURES HAM fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Aug 16, 2014

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Fair warning, you will not be able to see jack poo poo from the lawn. Also Woodlands is an outdoor venue and it has been hot as fuuuuuuck lately so you may want to invest in a Camelbak.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

NIN show owned (as expected). Someone make a movie with Rob Sheridan as the DP already for gently caress's sake!

I wish it had been longer (gently caress Soundgarden) and I wish it didn't have as much Hesitation Marks stuff as it did.

That said, The Great Destroyer melted my loving face off.

fake edit: And Reptile and The Day the World Went Away, :tviv:

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Yeah dude, Great Destroyer was crazy. Seeing it live in '08 on the Lights in the Sky tour was one of the best concert experiences I've ever had in my life, and this brought back so many memories of that but also made new ones because I think the song was longer tonight and the visuals had been updated a bit for this tour.

The Day The World Went Away was a hell of a nice surprise. A ton of people were filing out right before it started (I guess they weren't expecting an encore for some reason?) and some of them left anyway after it started. I was thinking "poo poo, this is a lot of people who don't care about hearing the Terminator Salvation trailer song."

I really wish Great Destroyer worked at all outside of a live context, because I tried to listen to it in the car earlier and without the visuals it's just pretty much a couple minutes of a good song, "I AM THE GREAT DESTROOOOOYEEEEEER" and then like 3 minutes of random electronic noise.

It's kinda funny, Great Destroyer is one of my least favorite NIN songs and Reptile is one of my favorites just looking at studio versions, but I loving love the former live and I was really kind of underwhelmed by the latter other than "oh poo poo they're playing Reptile".

e: I also ended up not really liking The Day The World Went Away live. It doesn't really work that well when it's slower and softer rather than being a full-on sensory assault like the studio version.

SALT CURES HAM fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Aug 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Timby posted:

It's not terrible but they had to de-grizzle Mickey Rourke after a lifetime of substance abuse in 2004. He's had another decade of hard living after that. There's only so much you can do.

Why not just leave him grizzled, though? Marv is supposed to be gently caress-ugly.

• Locked thread