Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
  • Locked thread
HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!


Recruit/OOC thread



PHASE TWO

Returning Cast

PCs

Icon

Icon was a different sort of experiment to the others. His purpose was to create an easily controllable puppet with which to be the focus point of their propaganda machine. Through Lodestoneís foresight Icon was rescued before the mental conditioning could be complete, right at a point where he could appreciate exactly what Exegenex had in mind for him. Although he still values American ideals, and has a strong sense of justice, Hunter seems to have some problem with him that he just hasnít explained yet.

Impulse

Born Michael Grant, Impulse was a participant in an experimental program tinkering with alien technology. The results were a success but then he met Ras Gibbs. The entity in his mind shielded him from the worst of the psychic influence and then he got busted out be the resistance to Exegenex. The fact he is now working with what is legally a terrorist organisation makes him a target for those who knew before, especially since some of them will likely also have been experimented on. Glitch is afraid of him, but she never gives Michael any indication of why this is.


Odin

Of the team, Odin has the least heroic morals and virtues. However in teams of need the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Now blessed with an incredible intellect and the ability to tap into electronics with only his mind, Odin plans to use information and his pet cyborg as his weapons against Exegenex. Although his plan is riches, fame and power he understands that Exegenex needs to be taken down first, before the age of Odin can begin. His only potential stumbling block is Lazarus, the leader of the rebellion who seems to know exactly what he is up to...at least for now.


Phantom

Sean was a normal guy with a normal life, until he was murdered. Normally your story would end there, but Exegenex's research into immortality resulted in Sean becoming a spectre with the ability to somehow construct his own body when he wanted to be real. Being the only member of the unliving is difficult and Phantom wants to ensure that non-one else ever has to suffer his fate again. Currently his wife knows he still lives, but they cannot be together for danger of placing her in risk. Mimic, the shapeshifting robot that always accompanies Lodestone seems to have a fascination with Sean.



NPCs and Allies

Thor

Once a security guard for Exegenex, who was captured and held hostage by Odin in his escape from Exegenex. When you came to the rebel hideout he was still with you, so you offered him the chance to serve you and become something greater in the process. For whatever reason the guard seemed excited by this and agreed, undergoing an extensive cyborg transformation process by Thor. Artificial muscles and bone extensions, sensory enhancements and other improvements make him augmented beyond human norms...along with a brainwashing regime 'just in case'. His projection module allows him to currently look like his codename's archetypical appearance.


Hunter

A strange man of a similar size to the augmented Thor, but of lesser raw strength. His bushy black beard and hair eerily match the living tattoo-like shadows that move along his body. He comes from some time in the future when Exegenex and its allies had seized control of the world and enacted a brutal and terrifying regime. Despite being one of the privileged meta-humans in this time, he fought a losing battle to protect normal people. He has an intense dislike of Icon, although he has told no-one except for maybe Lazarus as to why. His powers involve creating shadowy objects, regeneration and travelling and transporting people through shadows.

Lodestone

The stern woman codenamed Lodestone has the incredible ability to travel through time, although doing so is dangerous and strenuous. Short jumps back and forth are easy for her, but she needs to charge up energy going forwards and backwards through time. Her team, made of Glitch, Hunter, herself and Mimic are all stranded from various points in time. Glitch calls her Janeway, because of her stern nature but willingness to bend any rules to suit her needs in any situation. Lodestone largely keeps to herself and is tight lipped on what she's seen in the future, because predestination paradoxes give her a headache.

Glitch

Glitch is a teenage girl whose technical insight and ability to learn rival that of Odin. Her talents are more spontaneous and are not reliable, making her seem childish and out of place to those who haven't seen her work before. She has an intense loyalty and gratitude to Lodestone for saving her from some terrible future, such that she was willing to leave everyone she knew behind and work to prevent it coming to pass. It would be a mistake to think her jokes and banter indicate a lack of dedication and seriousness, for instead they are a coping mechanism to deal with the stress and loneliness she experiences. Aside from Lodestone, Glitch has also bonded closely to Mimic, the team's robotic shapeshifter.

Mimic

A mysterious shapeshifting robot from the future, even beyond where Lodestone found Hunter. Although Mimic takes the male pronoun, it is not particularly bothered with the concept of a gender or consistent identity. Mimic has a mission to stop a great disaster from coming to pass, to which end he lends his aid to the rebellion in the present seeing it as the point of greatest weakness. Eerily for Odin, his mind is blank and unable to be scanned by his machine-telepathy. Beyond this he is truly a mystery, although not enough that Lazarus still sees him as an asset.


Lazarus

Once Agent Edwards of one of a number of clandestine government security bureaus, a forced experiment accidentally unlocked an incredible sequence of genes in his body. Lazarus is immortal, and impervious to any known form of damage or injury. He does not need to eat, drink or sleep, although he still does so out of a sense of habit and to keep from boredom. In all the futures that Lodestone has visited, Lazarus has remained there. Although she gave him the name in the present, the first time they met he said that she gave him the name. Lazarus is not an amoral person, but he understands that there may come certain sacrifices he has to make to defeat enemies as insidious as Exegenex and its rivals and future subordinates.


Enemies
Will be expanded on as the game progresses.

Exegenex

A great company that has fingers in many areas of the economy and overseas. It is on the surface just another pharmaceutical and medical equipment manufacturer, but deeper it conducts unethical and incredible experiments into various transhuman avenues.

Nemesis

Publicly known as Ras Gibs, Nemesis as he styles himself in the future is a mentalist of prodigious strength. He has an incredible telepathic presence that can scan, rewrite and erase thoughts and personalities, his current weakness being a lack of finesse due to his overwhelming power. On top of this he is also a powerful telekinetic and easily capable of defending himself with ease. He styles himself as ruler of the world, with everyone being his puppet. A sociopath who views the right of the strong to rule and dominate the weak, he is somehow related to the great disaster that Mimic works to prevent from coming to pass.


The Shanghai Syndicate

Part Triad, part secret service, the Shanghai Syndicate is a known metahuman faction that works to advance the agenda of the Asian region with a specific focus on China. They act in direct opposition to Exegenex currently, although Lazarus says that even the enemy of our enemy is no friend when the Syndicate is involved. Due to their shadow war with Exegenex keeping a low profile, not a lot about them is known at this time. However they are currently successfully preventing the entrance of Exegenex into China and neighbouring countries, indicating that their political and metahuman power is not to be underestimated.

The Paris Initiative

A European based think tank that specialises in robotics and engineering. Mimic was found near to one of their current public labs, although in his time it was in ruins and he denies being created by them. Whereas as many other transhuman groups explore genetic and chemical sources for human advancement, the Paris Initiative uses technology, computers and hardware to keep their edge. They have recently reported successfully starting and maintaining a fusion reaction, claiming that it may be an available source of power by the end of the decade. If this is how far they claim to have come publicly, they assuredly have progressed further in secret. Their motives are currently mysterious, and Hunter says they still operated independently of the Nemesis regime in his time somehow.

Black Jungle

A terrorist organisation from South America, who currently are aggressively recruiting any metahuman they can discover and murdering those that refuse to join. Their goals are immediately to seize control of north and south Americas, bringing them into direct conflict with Exegenex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!


March 22nd, 2015
Atlantic Ocean, East American coastal region

You had been travelling by boat for almost a day now. Glitch had made some sort of device to keep you from optical cameras. The icebreaker Cocytus had been out of radio contact with the authorities for a week and the official story was that it had sunk. However Glitch and Odin had hacked into some key networks and found clear satellite images of the boat, indicating that it had not been sunk. Lazarus knew that situations like this inevitably meant a cover up, and so you had been sent out to investigate.

Now you had arrived, but you did not know who or what might be hear and wait you...

What do you do?

HiKaizer fucked around with this message at Apr 13, 2014 around 11:17

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002



Impulse - March 22nd, 2015
Atlantic Ocean, East American coastal region

With the other team left back at home and the long journey over it was time to solve the mystery on this ship...

Impulse climbs up onto the deck from their ship and onto Cocytus. Glancing around for any activity he signals for the rest of the team to come aboard. "I'm going to establish mind links with each of you. You can speak back to me only when I'm directly in a conversation with you. I can talk to one of you or send a message to all of you at once at the speed of thought."

He creates a non-invasive mental communications link to Icon, Odin, and Phantom. (Thor as well.)

Impulse looks at Odin. "We'll need you to scan for any and all surveillance tech and communications you can find. You should put the video stuff on a loop if you can and listen to the rest. Taking out all communications will cause any unwelcome visitors to get more trigger happy."

Looking to Icon and Specter, Impulse smiles. "Whatever he finds out, that should tell the rest of us how to approach this problem."


If there are no objections to a start and a plan?
Creating Mental Links with all the PCs and Thor as well.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.


Phantom

"Sounds good to me. Let me know when the security is down. I'll go for a wander and scout out the ship. Not like I need to worry about guards or walls."

Sean stretched and rolled his neck. Trying to limber up. He was tempted to shift now, but there was little point. Besides if they were being watched or observed it might give them a heads up on what he could do.

Plus it was cold as balls, gently caress taking off the scant bits of warmth he had to hand. I.e. His clothing.

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at Apr 14, 2014 around 22:44

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Icon

"I understand, sir." Icon said. This was his first mission, right? So he had to prove himself to be trustworthy here. He stayed very still and very quiet, waiting for orders.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE


Odin

First things first, Odin stretched out his inhuman sense looking for any sort of security or camera system he could access. After all, he wasn't terribly durable, he was was far better suited for information analysis and support than front-line work. Plus, getting down in the dirt and grime is exactly why he had Thor.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!


Cocytus Deck

The rest of the team followed Impulse on to the deck, with the exceptions of Odin and Thor. Thor waited until Odin completed his scan before bringing up the rear. No one could spot any signs of life on the deck, it was cold, windy and even the sun shining through the patchwork of greyish clouds offered no great warmth.

Odin reached out and found two wireless access points. Firstly was the what seemed to be a touch the navigations system, which would probably be connecting out as a communications point as well. The second node he found was...strange. All of the wireless access points he had encountered thus far were for lack of a better explanation, in a language he could understand, despite the operating systems all being the same. This point was different. Odin could connect in but he would also potentially have no idea what he was actually doing inside of the system once he accessed it. All of this was also before security considerations were dealt with.

What was on the ship?

You felt like you might have an idea why the Cocytus was 'off the charts' now so to speak.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002



Impulse - March 22nd, 2015
Cocytus Deck, Atlantic Ocean, East American coastal region

After seeing Thor and then Odin get on deck, Impulse looks at Odin. "Find anything that can help us?"

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE


Odin

"There's something out of the ordinary on this ship. Something unlike anything I've every encountered up to this point, I should be able to access it remotely in theory, but I have no idea what's going to be inside of there. I've also been unable to detect any security or surveillance system, or at least any active ones. I'm going to access the ships Navigation system, see if I can find out where it's been or if there's any other useful information stored there."

He reached out to the navigation system, careful to keep an eye out for any sort of security, access control, or any other sort of trap.

Trying to stealthily investigate the navigation system for info on the ship. Like it's past course, any sort of logs that may be stored onboard, whether it's communicating with anything outside.

(11:49:05 PM) Morphball: Valhawk: 30 = 1d20(10)+20

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!


Odin

You find that currently the ship is not receiving navigation data, it seems like it has either been cut off from the GPS network by some kind of network lockout, or something has damaged the receiving equipment. The ship does not have any kind of diagnostic equipment for it, like some sort of sci-fi or futuristic vessel might. They do not seem to have any security systems in them however, probably because this sort of system needs to be usable by anyone in case of an emergency.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE


Odin

"There's nothing of value in the navigation system. I'm going to try and access the foreign system, so be on your guard." True to his warning he very very carefully probes the strange network note, attempting to learn about its properties and determine if there were any traps.

Cautiously probing the other system looking for information about it and keeping a whether eye open for traps and the like.

(6:55:55 PM) Morphball: Valhawk: 29 = 1d20(9)+20

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002



Impulse - March 22nd, 2015
Cocytus Deck, Atlantic Ocean, East American coastal region

"Be careful." He says to Odin. Then motions to the others. "Get ready. We have no idea what might come running if he trips someone or something." He prepares as best he could for anything.

Eyes open guys!

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Icon

"Understood." he says. "I am prepared to breach the ship or otherwise if I have to." he said in response.

I'm ready!

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!


Odin

You stumble your way around the system, then suddenly you are locked out. Before you are locked out you did manage to do...something, although you are unsure what it was. Additionally you triggered some sort of internal security, so it seems likely that the system and whoever is operating it will now be aware they have had an intrusion. Whether this means they know you are on board or not, or if they think that you have connected remotely you cannot say.

Everyone

A few moments later there is a strange sort of shuddering vibration that runs through the Cocytus' hull for a second. Then it stops. No other sounds besides the waves and yourselves can be heard. Odin and Thor, not being on the ship instead feel the vibration pass through the cable attached to the ice breaker that those (who could not fly) used to get on board.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002



Impulse - March 22nd, 2015
Cocytus Deck, Atlantic Ocean, East American coastal region

Could the vibrations have been some kind of sonar or echolocation? Impulse created a mind link with Odin quickly. <"Odin, can you pull a map template from any databases you can get to in the world from here? If you can I want you to bring it up and look at it then Think the image to me.> Maintaining the mind link, Impulse then spoke aloud to Icon and Phantom: "Ok, I'm looking to see if Odin can pull up a map of this tub. He's going to think the image to me if he finds one, then I'm going to think the images to you both." He glanced around the ship again before finishing. "Since we can't tap any cameras we'll have Phantom search the vessel and I'll be linked with him."

Mind linking with Odin. Asking if Odin can pull up a ship schematic think of the image while linked thereby giving Impulse the map in his own heaad, preferably with Odin noting mentally where stuff he located is in his mental picture. Impulse is then going to mind link with Icon and give him the image, then mind link with Phantom and give him the image. Impulse will then stay linked with Phantom if he agrees to go scout the ship.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE


Odin

Odin is distracted from his own failure with the network by Impulse's request. He'd check, but even if he couldn't he should be able to find the pull up the specifications for the class itself off of the internet, and well, if he couldn't that would tell him something too, after all, what company had the money for a one-off run of a ship design.

Tech to search the network I still have access to + the internet for blueprints of the ship or at least its class. (6:42:59 PM) Morphball: Valhawk: 27 = 1d20(7)+20

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!


Ice Breakers

It takes a bit of searching and some digital breaking and entering to acquire the plans, which were stored on a private network. The top level of the ship had the communications and navigation area as well as the bridge. There was also a space for helicopters to land and a sick bay area to take care of any people affected by injuries or exposure from rescued vessels. Below this the ship was dived in half, at the fore was a large storage area divided into two levels and to the aft was crew quarters and other areas for living such as a mess hall, kitchen, lounge and small gym.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002



Impulse

"Got it!" Impulse relays the map provided by Odin to Icon and then Phantom, maintaining the link with Phantom. <"Ok you should be good to search. Call out mentally if you find anything, I'll keep this link open."> Impulse turned to Icon. "Be ready to move out when Phantom finds the cause of this." Impulse prepared himself to teleport in just the case of that eventuality.

Getting ready. It's Phantom's show now!

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Icon

He nods. "I will breach the ship if required." He says. His palms are sweating, but he's trying to hide it. He's extremely anxious, extremely worried. He wants to do the best he can. He wants to be useful, but he knows he is untested. He clenches his fists and takes several deep breaths, getting prepared.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.


Phantom

"Hey, don't look so worried buddy." Sean patted Icon on his shoulder. "After all, what's the worse that could happen?" He gave a bright grin, and then melted through the floor, his discarded clothes landed in a pile where he'd been standing moments before.

Phantom hovered below the transport, looking up at the helicopter above him. They needed him to succeed. They were relying on him. God, the poor bastards.

Still no use in hovering around down here. He gave the mental connection a quick poke.

"Mushi mushi? You there Impulse?"

-and then turned his attention to the enigma of the tanker before him. It certainly was big, but he wasn't overly worried. He never felt worried when he was like this. Then again he didn't really feel anything. You needed glands for that kind of thing.

Sean flew towards the ship, choosing to look in through the port holes first before pushing through into the ship itself. Last thing he needed to do was 'cold spot' someone he'd not noticed by rushing ahead.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002



Impulse

<"I hear you loud and clear."> Impulse replies to Phantom. <"Good Luck...">

Yep, time to play the waiting game.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!


Inside the Cocytus

Searching around quickly, Phantom notices three things.

Firstly, the ship seems like it is deserted. No one is around in any of the areas you expect, but the some of the living areas show signs of use. Some beds are unmade, clothes are drying and the kitchen has been used recently. But searching through the rest of the rear half you cannot find anyone. Moving towards the front you check one of the cargo holds...

...and find the crew.

There is a strange device that is arcing with electricity and there are seven figures all milling around the room. They don't notice your incorporeal self and after deciding no alarms or anything were going to go off, you look around closer. All the figures have burn holes in their clothing, and under those holes their skin seems to have changed into looking like some kind of circuitry. None of the figures speak, instead moving around and performing strange tasks you don't know anything about.

Below in the bottom hold is a different scene. There is a strange kind of pod, with struts that keep it stable. The air around it is thick and shimmers with a heat haze, but a sort of pressure and force prevent you from approaching further. You notice around the base of the device that the metal floor looks rusted and fatigued. As you move away from the device, the floor becomes less rusted until it looks mostly normal.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE


Post removed

Valhawk fucked around with this message at Apr 30, 2014 around 20:54

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.


Phantom

Goodness... this was unexpected, had Sean fallen asleep playing video games again, or was this actually happening? He attempted to pinch himself and his hand passed through his arm. Whelp, that shot that plan in the arse.

Skirting around the cyber zombies (Cyi-bies? Zom-bers?) and their mysterious actions (seriously what the hell were they doing?) Sean attempted to approach the pod and found the force shield. That was unusual. He'd never come across something that he couldn't walk/float/fly/knee slide through. This whole place smelled wrong. It was like a set from some sci-fi film. He sent images back to Impulse of what he was seeing. He stayed the hell away from the lightning though, he might be incapable of dying but who knew what this stuff could do to him.

---

So what are the Zom-bers doing specifically? Are they messing around with any kind of device or are they just doing random actions with no obvious purpose.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002



Ok well, guess its a moot point now. I guess you can just say I'll be relaying it all at this point. I'm sure my paranoia and worries are were founded in the "what we don't know can hurt us" territory.


Impulse

Impulse got the message. He quickly told Phantom,<"Ok I'm going to have Odin analyse what you've given us. You'll be on your own for a moment. Stay frosty.">

"We've got something." Then he told Icon to keep him up to speed. Mentally focusing, Impulse mentally connected to Odin and sent the information ready in turn to relay his findings to Phantom. <"Odin, I'll be as quick as I can and just send over whatever you've got.">

Cutting communications with Phantom, Sending the information to Odin exactly as Phantom thought it to Impulse. Waiting for Odin to respond. Will forward important info back to Phantom then maintain link with Phantom afterwards, I'll switch around and pass info around automatically now.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at Apr 30, 2014 around 20:54

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!


Just to clarify, the pod is in the room below the zombies. They are in the spire room.

Some of the zombies appeared to be making various things, they had tools and were using them on things from elsewhere in the ship they appeared to have gathered up. Two were interacting with the arcing spire, which burned more of their clothes and you could see their skin slowly change into circuitry while that happened. After a few moments the electrical arcs around the spire appeared to die down for a bit, which was followed up by another one of the zombies bring along one of the devices they had been making which caused the spire to begin arcing again.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.


Phantom

'Hey, so I'm going to do something stupid. Wish me luck!'

Sean looked for the farthest zomber from the group. He might be invisible, but he was fully capable of making noise.

"Hi, you must be dead, how tragic." He whispered in it's direction trying to make his voice loud enough for that one to hear him, but quiet enough that the others wouldn't.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!


Sorry about the delay.

Phantom

The zombies paused, then began scanning the area trying to locate you. After a couple of seconds, all but two returned to their previous tasks while those two began to search the surrounding area for you. One picked up some kind of device that had been made from cannibalised radio parts, as well as foil, batteries and what appeared to be a Geiger counter.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.


Phantom

Well that was even more interesting. They seemed to have a hive mind network and were intelligent enough to use devices. He relayed this information to the others. Now should be get out or stick around. There was a possibility that these things could find him. If they did what could they do?

Turn him possibly?

'Yo, tech guy. You got a plan? Because these guys are pulling a Star Trek voyager on me and trying to technobabble to find me. Do I get out or do I start kicking rear end?' He thought to his team mates.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!


Phantom

One of them ended up walking through Phantom without even realising it, so it seemed for the time being that he was still hidden from them. Who knew how long this would last for however.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE


Odin

Odin attempted to use his own knowledge of the bio-sciences and material sciences to try and determine what he could about the unknown technology. [It appears we that the ship's crew has been subverted somehow, the mechanism might be quite useful to me.] He transfers over the QE Comm to Thor. Thor wasn't gifted with his own intellect, but he had found that he made a useful sounding board none-the-less. Plus, it wasn't as though the thoroughly brainwashed cyborg would reveal any of his secrets.

Analyzing stuff. Biotech: (10:31:50 PM) Morphball: Valhawk: 19 = 1d20(3)+16, Material Science (10:32:00 PM) Morphball: Valhawk: 18 = 1d20(1)+17

(10:32:06 PM) Valhawk: :|

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!


Odin

What you decide upon, is that the only logical conclusion is that flesh is being converted into some kind of metallic substance. Thor mentions he saw a television series where aliens used tiny robots to cause people to grow mechanical appendages and that makes you think that there is at least a decent chance that nano-robots are being involved. You are unsure of how dangerous they are, or of their origin. Nano-robotics are decades away from advanced practical applications such as this, and even you and others of comparable intellect would be challenged to create them as sufficiently advanced to do what is being described. The alternative, however, is some kind of further unexplained physical phenomena which given your companions undead state, abilities to fly and break the laws of thermodynamics is not impossible, but the explanation is less satisfying and elegant.

Impulse, Icon, Thor and Odin then notice a shimmering in a field around the boat and waves lapping up against an invisible wall. Suddenly without warning, there is a loud noise of tearing metal and three robots break out from under the deck of the boat. Odin tries to see if he can access them wirelessly, and finds that they have no wireless access points.

Roll initiative.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Icon

The superhuman turns as the creatures break through the ship. "I'm engaging!" he says to Impulse before starting to fly at them with great speed, his cape swirling in the air behind him.

Flare: 19 = 1d20(8)+11

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE


Odin & Thor

Odin: (10:57:07 PM) Morphball: Valhawk: 21 = 1d20(10)+11
Thor: (10:57:36 PM) Morphball: Valhawk: 8 = 1d20(8)

Tech Roll: (10:45:17 PM) Morphball: Valhawk: 28 = 1d20(8)+20

Valhawk fucked around with this message at May 27, 2014 around 02:45

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002



Impulse


The bots/things ripping up from below didn't stop Impulse from thinking a message to Phantom. <"Under attack, stay there, maybe a ruse."> Then he tried to react as Icon blasted towards the targets.

  • Initiative Roll:
    • (2014-05-27 14:03:37) Morphball: Iamcommunist: 15 = 1d20(6)+9
  • Possible Applicable Abilities:
    • Uncanny Dodge: Not vulnerable when surprised or caught off-guard.
    • Move-by Action: Move both before and after your standard action.
  • Defense Block:
    • Dodge 14
    • Parry 5
    • Fortitude 5
    • Toughness 6
    • Will 5

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!


Guh sorry about the delay.


Mechanical Constructs

Odin's observation:
These constructs are designed in such a way that unless you totally trash them, they may split into separate and probably weaker robots. It looks like both can only split into two. They are cobbled together from parts of various machines on the ship, so they do not possess any weapons beyond pneumatic powered limbs.


Initiative Order:
Odin
Construct 1
Icon
Construct 2
Impulse
Thor


The plans for this model of icebreaker:



The fore section has been remodelled and two cargo storage areas have replaced a number of other rooms and living quarters instead. The crew complement is also much, much lower than is normal for this type of vessel.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE


Odin & Thor

:Destroy them!: Odin orders his bodyguard, Thor doesn't need to be told twice, anything that dared to threaten his lord needed to be neutralized immediately. The hulking figure's arm splits to reveal a powerful energy weapon which he aims at one of the robots and then fires.

At the top of the order, Odin will do nothing because there's not really anything he can do. I guess some sort of full defense or something.

Down at the bottom, Thor's gonna use his Graser Beam to fire some concentrated gamma radiation at one of the Robots.
(10:53:57 PM) Morphball: Valhawk: 23 = 1d20(13)+10 Blast DC 25

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Icon

With the great whoosh of his cape, Icon swirled through the air like a bullet, though not quite as fast as one, he was still quite fast, his fists clenched in front of him. With the same great speed, he smashed directly into the slower of the two machines with a loud, jarring crash.

Icon will attack the construct behind him in the Intiative order, Morphball Flare: 20 = 1d20(15)+5, DC on the check is 30 if he hits.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002



Impulse

Everyone seemed to be moving a little faster today than Impulse but that suited him just fine. First he'd get out of range of those arms then take care of the things. With that, he teleported and took aim at the fastest responding drone and prepared to fire.


Move-by Action: Move both before and after your standard action.
Before Action Move: Moving by teleporting to the highest point(one can actually stand on) viewing the affected deck below.
After action Move: Will be taken after action.

Attack action: Shooting Ctíaruk Crystal Weapon: Blast at Construct 1
Morphball: Iamcommunist: 29 = 1d20(19)+10 (DC 25)

Impulse also has:
Precise Attack: Ignore attack check penalties for either cover or concealment.
(Ranged, Concealment)
Precise Attack: Ignore attack check penalties for either cover or concealment.
(Ranged, Cover)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!


Round results:

Construct 1 -1 toughness from Impulse, resists Thor's damage, misses Thor
Construct 2 -1 toughness from Icon, is immune to stagger due to being a construct, misses Icon

Initiative Order:
Odin
Construct 1
Icon
Construct 2
Impulse
Thor


As Odin takes cover the first robot lumbers over to Thor and tries to club him with one of its arms. But the pneumatic servos powering it take a second too long to kick in, and the cyborg easily ducks the swing. Icon flies over to the second construct and punches it, with a terrible blow that would have wounded any superhuman easily. Unfortunately machines do not breath, not can they be staggered, and so the robot is pushed back but is able to take a clumsy swing at Icon who also easily dodges it. Impulse teleports up onto an upper deck area where he blasts a small hole into the first construct's armour, while Thor shoots a blast of radiation that does little except burn the surface of the same construct.

  • Locked thread
«3 »