Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Error 404 posted:

From reading your background, I got the feeling you pretty much were a doctor, a little rusty maybe after years in a lab, but perfectly capable.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. As a side note, thanks to my merit I can perform most procedures capably without the proper tools. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Raige Riguez

Past: Born in Houston, Raige was a child of adverse circumstance. Born 7th out of 10 children, he was largely ignored by his parents, who were both too busy to look after him properly. A student of the failing public education system, his teachers also ignored him for the most part, and he then fell in with a famous Houston street gang, Los Zeta.

The Zs helped him find his true passion, driving. From the first time he performed as a wheelman during a heist at the tender age of 13, he knew he wanted to drive for a living, and drive he did. Fast cars from a variety of jobs, most of which were illegal, landed him in front of a judge when he was 17.

The judge gave him a choice, Military or Prison. Seeing how some of his Z buddies had not survived well in the new prisons installed in Texas, Riguez took the Military option, and was shipped to the Air Force.

Present: "Captain Riguez, retired, formally of the 305th Space Transport Division, reporting as ordered sir."

"Yes yes, welcome Riguez, you can stop saluting, this isn't the military anymore. This is DynCorp, and we've got a special job for you. We want you to take out the Mars Noden 2 on a run to point Beta in order to run some Bio Tests. You come very highly recommended from the Pentagon, and you have passed all of our checks with flying colors, will you take the job?"

"Yes sir, I'm interested in getting started whenever you'll have me, sir"

"Excellent, excellent, well, welcome aboard DynCorp Aeronautics, Captain, just sign here and we'll process your Employment and get you scheduled to move to Houston for takeoff in 30 days. I understand you have family in Houston? I expect its been a while since you've seen them, feel free to take a few weeks off before reporting in at Ellington."

"Yes sir, I do, thank you sir, that would be great. Sir"

Relationships
"Mama" Riguez -
A retired Schoolteacher at one of the 3rd Ward's worst elementary schools, "Mama" (Raige's mother) raised 10 children, and even got most of them to college on a shoestring budget. Now retired, she lives off of the accomplishments of her children, mostly of her eldest son and daughter, both of whom have risen far.

Johnathan "Johnnio" Riguez -
Raige's eldest brother, Johnnio was able to scrape by high enough grades to be accepted at the University of Texas in Austin under a Football Scholarship. He now owns and runs Riguez Hyundai, one of the largest and most successful car dealerships left in Houston.

Louisa "Louey" Riguez-Cooperr
Raige's eldest daughter, Louey was an accomplished pianist before she married Bradley Cooperr, who was, last Raige heard, running for mayor of Houston.

Andymo "Mo A" Rivis
An old gang leader of the Zetas, Mo was last out of prison, and trying to get the gang back together. Raige was able to avoid him before the flight left, but there are still some unresolved emails and phone calls from Mo waiting for Raige when he gets home.

I think I got all the points spent, but I might be at 61 XP. I will look at the math again if I get in.

Pinechild
Sep 14, 2011
I'm still in for this; tweaked my social skills a little as suggested but no difference in the amount of XP spent. Looking forward to starting!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Yeah, posting to say I'm still down for this. I'm ok with Tom's stats, but am more than happy to swap things around if needed.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

Final Decision tomorrow night approximately whenever I get to it. OP starts on the weekend.

The Aberrant aka Hipster Occultist gets an automatic spot for finding the old game and encouraging me to run it again.

Three spots remaining.

Here is the old game for those curious.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Wow, Raige is very similar to David Wallace in your old game.

Now I feel bad :(

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

I wouldn't worry so much. If you want, feel free to make a second sheet and try a different angle.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I've been toying with the idea of a crop-duster turned astronaut thanks to a game show, "America's Next Top Pilot", but I didn't think I could make the story work in the long term.

Maybe its worth another thought...

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I'm in for this still!

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Mustache Ride posted:

Wow, Raige is very similar to David Wallace in your old game.

Now I feel bad :(

Don't worry about it, he actually wasn't in the game for very long. The only original character that were in it until the end were NoControl's Laila and myself. :v:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Woah and I guess Tom is a lot like the old game's wealthy extreme sports star.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

There's No Place Like Home Final Selection:

Error 404, Hipster Occultist, Sociopastry, Pinechild, Mustache Ride

Feel free to ask any questions here. OP will begin either Friday or Saturday.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

mugrim posted:

There's No Place Like Home Final Selection:

Error 404, Hipster Occultist, Sociopastry, Pinechild, Mustache Ride

Feel free to ask any questions here. OP will begin either Friday or Saturday.

Wooo! Awesome, glad to be chosen.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

Error 404 posted:

Wooo! Awesome, glad to be chosen.

I use a super secret time tested scientific method. I select people based almost entirely on how much they've posted in the recruitment thread.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
So, should we be establishing basic impressions now?

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

Error 404 posted:

So, should we be establishing basic impressions now?

It should help you get an idea, go ahead. OP tonight.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Been reading through the old thread and it's really something, lots of great twists. Hyped to see it revived.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Impressions/Relationships with the team
Dr. Marcus Kincaid
'Doc' and I have gotten to know each other well since the project started. I often join him on his nature hikes as a way to get outside and maintain fitness, it gives us the chance to debate, argue, and just talk. I've learned a lot about american 'culture' and folklore that I would never have guessed.

Dr. Wren Meadows
She is a brilliant scientist and doctor, but she often reminds me of my elder brothers, which makes getting to know her outside of work difficult and awkward.
I get the feeling she's more ruthless than the front she puts up.

Nicholas Copland
Mr. Copland is very talented, but he and I do not often interact.

Raige Riguez
Raige is an excellent pilot, he's loud and brash, but seems like an ok guy.
He's a good guy to grab a beer with.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

Thread is up

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Its kind of hard impossible to do a water landing in Atlanta.

:v:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Mustache Ride posted:

Its kind of hard impossible to do a water landing in Atlanta.

:v:

Welp. I suck.

What about reverse it and try DC then Atlanta?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

That's not a bad idea, although I was trying to avoid copying the old game as much as possible.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
True, but there's plenty of IC reason to try DC, and no doubt Mugrim's got tricks for if we stray too close to what the old game did.

But hey, you're the pilot for a reason dude. :v:

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

I need a confirmation of where you're dropping.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

DC baby, let's head into the hive of scum and villainy.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I'm down with DC, I just wanted everyone to have a chance to speak up on it.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The source of everything is completely different from the original and as a result almost everything else will follow suit, though the tone will be very much the same.

For those unfamiliar, the original was based on a very long series of nightmares, and the goal is to capture the tone again. You will have full sandbox to do whatever the hell you want.

This is gonna be fun.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

mugrim posted:

This is gonna be fun.

Your words inspire excitement and anxiety!

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Error 404 posted:

Your words inspire excitement and anxiety!

Seconded. I'm not sure if I should be happy or very worried.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Oh yeah before I forget, here's the gear we have so far, I plan on adding mine to my first post/sheet in the game thread to keep track.

So first up here's the contents of the emergency supplies from the comms room of the ship:
Emergency Supplies: 200 feet of high stress contracting rope, 20'x1' foot of 'perfect seal' tape, 25,000 calorie bar, Water purification tablets for 100 gallons, 5 utility knives, wireless compact screwdriver, welding paste

So splitting that into Individual Kits:
Utility Knife
20 Water purifying tablets
X Ration Bars

And then here's the separate supplies, whoever wants to carry some of these should claim them!

200 foot super rope
Wireless screwdriver
Welding paste
roll of perfect seal tape.
Map of the country with spots marked out
bottle of whiskey

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 17:21 on May 3, 2014

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I could be wrong, but from what I can see On the Map Mugrim provided, this is the only way in or out of the little neighborhood we landed in (which I'm pretty sure I put in my last post)

Am I mistaken? Can we drive over this thing? If so, is there some sort of skill check that needs to be made, or some sort of napalm we can use to cleanse ourselves after the fact?

Oh, I'm out until Sunday night, if you need to make Raige do something, anyone of you please feel free to do so.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Yeah, as I understand our only options are:

Drive out that one way, which could leave us open to being blindsided and attacked.

Walk out through a patch of woods? But we would have to abandon the van, and who knows what else is in there?

My vote is Drive out, but be ready for poo poo to go down.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

Sorry about that, life and all.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

mugrim posted:

Sorry about that, life and all.

It's totally ok, it happens.

Also happy mothers day to everyone!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Also, I'm doing Mother's day stuff. will try to get a post in tonight!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Dammit, sad I missed this.

:argh: Mugrim not posting in the TG Recruitment thread :argh:

Will be reading along.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

Fuzz posted:

Dammit, sad I missed this.

:argh: Mugrim not posting in the TG Recruitment thread :argh:

Will be reading along.

A character might die or kill themselves again.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I'm gonna live forever. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Ohfuckohfuckohshitohfuckohfuck :ohdear:

• Locked thread