Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Rabia

Rabia sighs, moving the light over to the sound of the creaking door.

If there's no movement, Rabia backs away from the door and heads back to his room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Sir Rabia Tirnova posted:

Rabia

Rabia sighs, moving the light over to the sound of the creaking door.

If there's no movement, Rabia backs away from the door and heads back to his room.

You shine your torch at the door and away from the window. Out of the corner of your eye you clearly see what appears to be a pale white face in the window. You shine your light back in the window but it is gone.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Rabia

Rabia backs away slowly, creeped out by the white face.

"Not without backup, no way, uh uh."

Rabia leaves and returns to bed

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Rabia and Keaton have now retired for the night.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

hooman posted:

Mick

Mick smiles lopsidedly at Sam.

I wouldn't worry about that, might stretch my legs.

Mick decides to take a walk to stetch his legs and clear his head. He will be moving through the approved areas and seeing if he runs into any else prowling the halls.

You see someone leave their room up the hall and go around the corner, heading towards the off limits part of the base. You could probably work out which room they left from if you wanted.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Mick

More curious about the person than interested in snooping, Mick follows the person he saw leave, attempting to remain unnoticed to see what they're up to.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
Niles

Niles comes out of the trance he was in. It felt like he had been away for a couple of days. After finding no hint of movement on the other side of the door he heads back to the symbol.

He knows that while it is silly to think this was causing his fear, he knows it in his gut. He wipes away some of it - but keeps most of it there to show the others

After this he turns back to door and quietly opens it and looks inside

Freudian Slip fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Apr 28, 2014

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
You slowly open the door.

ANITA: I wouldn't do that if I were you.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Niles

Niles is not shocked to find Anita here as there was a 33% chance she would be. He quickly takes in the scene through the crack in the door.

(Please describe what Niles sees and I will respond to it. I don't know if I need to be reaching for the scalpel yet)

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
You turn your back to Anita to look through the door. There is a slab with a corpse bound in chains on it. The corpse has a hood over the head. The slab is surrounded by a ring of candles giving off an eerie blue light. To one side of the corpse is an IV drip feeding some sort of liquid under the hood.

Freudian Slip

You feel a sudden movement behind you. Anita moves in on your holding a wicked looking ceremonial knife.

ANITA: You fool you shouldn't have come here She hisses.

You are in combat.

Anita tries to ambush you and fails.

Anita rolls 6 die, with one success for initiative.

You roll 6 die with zero success.

You can dodge, fight or attempt to run away.

Edit: fighting include wrestling with her over the knife, punching her, stabbing her with your scalpel etc etc.

Hooman

Hooman rolls for Stealth with 7 die, and has four success. You move up the hall without problems and hear a commotion around the corner. You round the corner and see Anita with a knife in hand advancing on Niles.

You attempt to ambush Anita and fail (She has six die and has 5 success), and thus out of the corner of her eye notices you.

You are in combat.

You roll with seven die for initiative and get 3 success You will go first in the second round.

Niles fails to spot you lurking in the dark and doesn't know you are there

Combat order for the first round is

Anita

Niles

Please spoiler actions until I say so. TIA.

just so we're clear I need you to post your action Freudian Slip because dodging applies the whole round.

double edit: that is to say, say what you want to do and then I'll run the turn completely.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Apr 28, 2014

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Mick

Mick is suprised by Anita advancing on Niles with a knife, but isn't unused to combat situations. He will reveal his presence to Niles (cease trying to be sneaky) and when he gets the opportunity will take a photo of Anita holding the knife with his camera's flash set to max to attempt to dazzle her.

Anita, put the knife down, you don't need to do this.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Niles

Even though he is seeing red, Niles still can't get past his natural inhibition of striking a girl. He instead screams at the top of his lungs, steels himself (1 willpower) and attempts to tackle her to the ground

As he hurtles forward he hopes his screams are waking the rest of the base up

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Round 1

Anita slashes at Niles with the knife

She has a dice pool of 6, niles has defense of 3 leaving her with 3.

She rolls 4 success (1 10 again)

Niles Takes 4 points of lethal damage.

She slices with the knife with a diagonal motion opening up a bloody shallow wound across your chest.

(Please TICK four boxes under your health.)

With a cry, Niles leaps in on Anita

1 + Willpower = 4 dice.

Niles rolls 0 success.

Please tick the box under your willpower for one spent point, that should leave you at 2 spent.

Anita steps aside and Niles misses.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Round 2

Mick reveals himself to Niles and says:

Anita, put the knife down, you don't need to do this.

Aiming the camera like a gun he tries to flash it in her face.

Dexterity plus firearms plus a bonus for the camera gives him five dice.

He rolls 3 success with one ten again.

With a slight bang! The flash goes off right in Anita's face effectively blinding her.

Anita suffers -3 to all rolls this round.

The fact that Niles misses the grapple means that the shot is clearly showing Anita holding the knife threateningly at Niles with a bloody wound on his chest.

Anita screams with rage and slashes at Niles again.

She has 6 attack die, 3 defense and a 3 die penalty for being unable to see.

She rolls 1 die 0 success

She swipes in the dark missing everything.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Apr 28, 2014

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Meanwhile Frost stirs in his room while Jonathon and Galihad sleep

What was that sound?

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Niles

Heedless of the pain across his chest. Niles spends another willpower and tries to tackle Anita again. He continues yelling, this time "Your mother never loved you!"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Niles charges in again.

As before, Niles has 4 attack die, Anita has 3 defense, but she's effectively blind and Niles gets a bonus cancelling out her defense.

Niles rolls one success

Niles and grabs hold of her wrist.

Mick's turn.

At this point you can try and disarm her or try a Saving Private Ryan deal and stab her with her own knife.

Spoiler free now you guys both know you're in combat with each other.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

LordPants posted:

Meanwhile Frost stirs in his room while Jonathon and Galihad sleep

What was that sound?

Frosts eyes snap open and he reaches under his pillow for the heavy wrench he stashed there. Taking the time to slip his boots back on he heads out in search of that noise.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Frost is in transit and enters storytelling limbo

You'll pop up in a turn or two of combat.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Niles

"Take the knife!" He yells to Mick

Freudian Slip fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Apr 28, 2014

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Mick

Mick focuses on capturing Anita with the camera again and dazzling her with the flash, he wants to have a record of her "madness" a bleeding psych and a crazed nurse is an amazing shot.

Lordpants, I want to spend a willpower on this to cripple her for as long as possible, does this count as indulging my vice of Sloth by not really doing anything but taking a picture rather than getting physically involved? If not, that's fine.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Round 3

Mick

(Same as before, 5 die + willpower = 8)

Eight die, 5 successes, 3 ten agains for 11 die rolled total. Exceptional Success!

Shoving the camera right in her face you fire a shot. Not only is this shot in future years a Pulitzer prize winning photograph, but it'll be bootlegged on the cover of a Scandinavian Black Metal album. A fact that will irk you as they will never pay you a penny. On the other side of the coin, Anita will never again see properly out of her right eye and suffers a permanent -3 to combat rolls.

You have spent one point of willpower.

For using a cruel and unusual punishment on a person, and permanently disfiguring them you must roll to avoid a loss of morality, 3 die.

0 successes. You lose two points of morality.

Rolling for derangement.

0 Successes.

You suffer the following derangement.

Voyeur - You are fascinated by death and violence, before engaging in combat you must successfully take a photo of events in front of you or suffer -2 to all combat rolls. Failure to have your camera with you in combat grants you - 3 to all combat rolls.

Engaging in your vice will allow you to regain one point of willpower at the end of events.

You can regain morality and shed your derangement over time. If this isn't fun we can negotiate something including taking a mulligan as it's the prelude.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Anita screams with rage and spends a point of willpower to try and kill Niles.

(Instead of breaking free of his grip, Anita tries to shove the knife into his belly.)

Grappling: 1 - 1 + 3 minus Niles's strength = 2 die. 0 success.

Niles avoids the knife.

At this point you can attempt to disarm or stab her, it's up to you.

Waiting on Freudian Slip

Frost appears round the corner, and rolls of initiive with like a million die because it's loving frost the mentalist. :rolleyes:

four success!

Frost will go first in the fourth round.

Frost rounds the corner and his combat training kicks in and he is ready for combat giant wrench in hand.

The order is

Frost / Mick / Anita / Niles

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Apr 28, 2014

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Niles

"Mick you sick bastard - help me get the knife off her!"

Niles tries to disarm Anita

(Sorry I didn't realise you were waiting for me)

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah for like five minutes and I have to leave the house anyway. :rolleyes: ;)

(I because I have to go out I guess the math as being 1 - 1 - 1 = 1 (always getting one die)

1 success!

Niles twists Anita's wrist and the knife falls out of her hand.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Niles

"Mick, Frost grab something so we can tie this crazy bitch up!"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That's the end of night one. Everyone is present back inside now it is "day time". Anyone who was asleep at this moment regains. Willpower. Anyone who acted in line with their vice regains 1 willpower.

Everyone can roleplay out conversations, or can just assume to be up to speed with the night's happenings. If you want to post any dilaogue to npcs you can, you also may want to deal with nile's wounds, and you are doing about anita.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Apr 28, 2014

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Niles

With the help of Frost, Anita is totally overpowered. With Frost pinning Anita's arms, Niles is finally able to get up and check his wound. It hurts, but it didn't do any lasting damage.

"Thanks for the help Frost" Niles says pointedly

Niles takes one of the strong pain killers he found earlier. He bends over and scoops up the ceremonial knife that Anita attacked him with. He investigates it closer.

Then he heads into the room he came to investigate in the first place.

"You two have to have a look at this. Frost can you bring Anita in with you and Mick can you bring that camera of yours"

(I thought I would do a couple of actions here as I am about to head home)

Freudian Slip fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Apr 28, 2014

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Frost

No problem, mate. Heard you screaming and got here as quick as I could.

Getting mad at a bloke when he's been cut is never helpful, he thinks.

That's a nasty scratch mate, let me have a look at it.

Finding something to tie Anita up with rather than acting on the impulse just to brain her with his wrench, Frost then turns to check Nile's injury. A competent combat medic, he'll take a moment to look for something to close the cut - proper first aid supplies or something improvised

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Niles

To Frost, sensing that he thought the thanks was sarcastic

"The thanks was genuine mate, you made it here quickly and right on time. Mr snap happy over here could learn a lesson

As for the cut, I am going to need your help with that later. For the time being we need to work out what the gently caress is going on in this other room. We may need to send for the others

Also Mick, can you take a photo of that symbol on the wall before we head in"

Freudian Slip fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Apr 28, 2014

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Mick

Pretty sure that was directed at me Frost, not you, glad you came.

Mick eyes Niles

You got something to say to me "doctor"?

Mick's voice drips with sarcasm. He fumbles to light up a cigarette, still slightly shaky not just from the adrenaline but from finally having a chance to scratch an itch he hadn't realised was there, a drive to photograph the most violent moments, they were, he mused, the most intimate and the most honest.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Niles

To Mick

"Its over now and we need your help photographing this knife"

He holds it out to be photographed

"the symbol on the wall, and whats in the other room before we disturb it."

pausing

"Later However you should look into getting some help. Its not healthy getting your rocks off watching a man beat a woman"

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Frost

Alright fellas, turn it down a notch. Mind telling me what the hell is going on? Why did the lady take a knife to you?

Frost finishes tying Anita to a chair with an whatever improvised rope is available, and secures the knife.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Mick

Mick is slightly shaken by the insight of Niles but does his best not to show it, to cover he blows it off.

Maybe I was enjoying watching her stab you? Don't go projecting your weird poo poo onto me man, I'm a photographer, not a fighter.

Mick makes like he's photographing the knife but only pretends to take a photo and sets off his flash (set back to appropriate levels for the lighting), he's not wasting film on just a knife, besides he captured Anita wielding it beautifully. The symbol in blood however is interesting Mick moves to take a picture of it without disturbing it further.

As he walks to photograph the symbol Mick comments

I saw someone headed this way and followed, came around the corner and watched her try to stick Niles, no aggression on his part.

Mick moves back down the hall to look at the next room to see if it was worth a photograph as Niles suggested.

Upon seeing the scene through the door.

Holy gently caress... click

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Galihad

Arising early Galihad does his morning prayers before attending to the needs of the flesh. Heading for the grub he comes upon the bulk of the others. They doubtless fill him in. He tries not to look scared.

Well that's a hell of a thing to wake up to.

Galihad will attempt to minister aid to any wounds unless doing so would be getting in the way of others.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Niles

(How did the investigation on the knife go?)

Niles drops the issue with Mick for now as they have bigger fish to fry.

"This is what I was talking about when I said we have larger priorities"

Niles follows Mick into the room allowing him to photograph it. After Mick has photographed the room, Niles goes straight to the corpse on the table and examines it

Freudian Slip fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Apr 28, 2014

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Frost

Goes and has a look around in the room.

Jesus. What the hell is going on here?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Swan
poo poo. I thought we found something interesting, but it pales to this.
He produces his printout of the emails found on the library computer last night.

I guess Anita was the insider connected to this "dark parliament".
Where are the rest of the base crew? I guess we both have some things to share

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Frost

As the rest of the team starts to wake up and be caught up on eventsFrost performs first aid on Niles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
With one hour's work, and Niles supervising his own treatment you sew the wound shut and clean it. A wound like this will probably take at least a week to heal on its own, and given time you could speed that up.

Niles turns one point of lethal damage into bashing damage, which we will say healed between the fight and now.

You can look at the wound tomorrow and re clean and bandage which will speed it up further.

• Locked thread