Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spacetimecontinuu
Dec 31, 2004
can't believe we didn't go to a gwar concert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Reload Quicksave

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

green men werent informed that he was gay

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Zazi posted:

So now that we're done, can you give us your unused art assets and tell us where you intended the plot to go?

I can imagine Atma staring at the vomit-covered sprite he prepared, thinking "If they don't invent a way for the character to puke all over himself, goddamnit I'll impose one myself!"

Lucky for Atma, move #1 was drinking seawater :thurman:

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
Thanks for the fun thread, Atma!

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
Thnx big boi!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I'd like to know how we were originally supposed to find the plane. It's always interesting to see how far off the mark goons go

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
Thanks for the story Atma, wish the adventure was a little bit longer. If the animated scenes took too much of your time and burned you out, then please keep to the stills. Animations were really good though.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

>new game+

>radio HQ, inform them that we are straight

Kumquat
Oct 8, 2010

Idiot Syncratic posted:

>new game+

>radio HQ, inform them that we are straight

Straight but poly.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
I'm pretty sure

+ musical accompaniment was the best panel CYOA panel produced to date.

Atma
Sep 16, 2002

College Slice

Zazi posted:

So now that we're done, can you give us your unused art assets and tell us where you intended the plot to go?

For this one, you can see every prepared asset in the OP. That doesn't count the ever-increasing library of previous 'sprites' I use sometimes. Every object usually starts from something else that already existed from previous adventures. Someone noticed the captain looks a lot like Johnny Five Aces and I immediately regretted being lazy and not editing him more.

alnilam posted:

I can imagine Atma staring at the vomit-covered sprite he prepared, thinking "If they don't invent a way for the character to puke all over himself, goddamnit I'll impose one myself!"

Thank goodness we got to use the captain's sodomy sprite that I had worked on. Nothing went to waste.

Toad on a Hat posted:

I'd like to know how we were originally supposed to find the plane. It's always interesting to see how far off the mark goons go

I never expected the plane to be found. There was no intended solution. I was waiting for you to die so I could give a 'game over' screen and illustrate the futility of etc etc *fart*

ijii posted:

Thanks for the story Atma, wish the adventure was a little bit longer. If the animated scenes took too much of your time and burned you out, then please keep to the stills. Animations were really good though.

The animated ones did take awhile but I only did them cause they were fun for me. I'm glad you enjoyed them as well. If there was a particular funny or interesting command, I tended to animate it. I may have gotten a little carried away this time, but ending up with this was worth it:

(no this is not really happening)

almightyerin posted:

This isn't the last one you're going to do is it?

Actually... the next one I plan on doing will be live-streamed. It's either going to be a disaster or super fun. I've had some friends help me code an IRC bot to handle the voting, but we have yet to truly 'beta test' it. It will be on http://www.twitch.tv/choose_your_adventure (nothing is there yet). You can follow me on twitter (https://twitter.com/atmaz) if you want to help me beta test it some time soon.

Atma fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Apr 18, 2014

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Atma posted:

Actually... the next one I plan on doing will be live-streamed. It's either going to be a disaster or super fun. I've had some friends help me code an IRC bot to handle the voting, but we have yet to truly 'beta test' it. It will be on http://www.twitch.tv/choose_your_adventure (nothing is there yet). You can follow me on twitter (https://twitter.com/atmaz) if you want to help me beta test it some time soon.

I can see this going "Twitch plays Pokemon" style and I like it

Atma
Sep 16, 2002

College Slice

Toad on a Hat posted:

I can see this going "Twitch plays Pokemon" style and I like it

That's exactly where I got the idea from.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

> Friendzone Fishman, and convince him that helping you search for MH370 will definitely improve his chances with you.

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
>Ask FISHMAN if he's seen any MALAYSIAN FLIGHT 370s around lately.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

awesome

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
thanks for the thread Atma. id wish it was longer, but it was still fun.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Awesome.

This is the first Atma CYOA in which there were no checkpoints. I can't believe Rescue-man didn't die even once, even with all those guns.

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Atma posted:

(no this is not really happening)

It's happening... in my heart. :unsmith:

Thanks again for the great goofy adventure!

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

This was amazing, thank you so much for such an excellent adventure.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Yo Atma, I feel like this deserves another Steamgame. Message me and I'm sure we'll find something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~

• Locked thread