Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
So, was that last sequence one of the aforementioned parts where you can arbitrarily get your characters killed for good? What were the potential outcomes there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alopex
May 31, 2012

Let's go with the warehouse. Plenty of supplies, less people to feed once we've got 'em.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

Steady sounds good.

Oddleif is pretty cool in terms of ability, personality, and design. That arrow trap is a hell of a thing. :allears:

Alopex
May 31, 2012

These guys seem to respond to decisions they don't like by picking fights with the bosses, which is gonna be us if we let them in. And they seem pretty willing to gently caress over their own dudes and let 'em die/kill 'em. I don't want any of these bozos on Team Apocalypse, so consider this a general antivote against the brothers. Can we do antivotes?

Alopex
May 31, 2012

Tend to some wounded. Always pursue sidequests.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

Brony Hunter posted:

Not sure, but we should at least try out the newbies.

This. Swapping out one warhawk for another seems redundant, so let's leave Eirik behind because I don't remember what his deal is. Ain't no party like a varl party.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

God drat, Yrsa.

Splitting 'em seems smart.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

Look for the bro as long as we're here.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

I bet this ends in someone dying. Welcome to the party, pal.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

I can't see the thing - by debris, do you mean inside the split mountain or down on the ground around it?

Roman Reigns posted:

Yeah that...that's REALLY not a good sign in a game based around Norse mythology.

Is anything a good sign in a game based around Norse mythology?

Alopex
May 31, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

Down on the ground in the mist and snow being kicked up by the mountain....slide.

OH poo poo that looks both huge and terrifying. What are the odds that we're not going to fight it later?

Alopex
May 31, 2012

tomanton posted:

The Baller Saga.

This is the most beautiful thing I have seen in my life.

Ekkill's face is amazing and the ref's tube-shaped shirt just seals the deal.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

Captain Bravo posted:

This is what I was talking about earlier. I don't know if I missed it, if it doesn't run in non-dlc copies of the game, or whatever, but I did not get the info dump about Varl having been directly created by the gods before you reach Einertoft. This was the first time, in my playthrough, that I realize the Varl were a dying race. And holy gently caress, it makes one hell of an impact. Honestly, I kind of prefer it that way, it loses something when you know ahead of time that the Varl are 100% hosed, and this moment doesn't carry as much weight.

Either way, it's incredible, and this game is incredible, and holy poo poo things only get better from here. :allears:

More like things are only going to get worse. :unsmigghh:

Alopex
May 31, 2012

Let's visit!

Alopex
May 31, 2012

What could possibly go wrong?

Alopex
May 31, 2012

I think the only chance at diplomacy might lie in Iver strolling out to meet Bellower, tossing down his weapon, and baring his throat. Eye for an eye and all that.

Also I hope that the dredge baby survives and crops up in the sequel as a recruitable character.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

Let's see who dies if we stay.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

Donkringel posted:

Is Oddleif's husband still alive? I know he was hurt but it has been like 2 drat months; he should be on his feet now.

I think he died earlier, hence why Rook is the leader now.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

tomanton posted:

Baby on board.

:allears:

I thought it was pretty cute at first and then I noticed the text and promptly lost my poo poo. A+

Alopex
May 31, 2012

ArchWizard posted:

It seems consistent to me. First we ford a river, then Egil dies of dissentery.

:stare: You should be ashamed of yourself.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

Hedera Helix posted:

Additionally, I would just like to point out that we just picked up more shady clansmen after having a conversation about not blindly trusting people.

They just admitted to theft and backstabbing, too! We should have left them and taken half the supplies. But mostly I am just happy about Oddleif.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

Supplies first - look, if some of our people die, that's even less we have to feed.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

Defend the walls. It's been a while since we've had a good fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alopex
May 31, 2012

ProfessorProf posted:

A thought from beyond the final battle:

Why does Bellower carry a shield? He can't be harmed.

Just in case he has to walk around with a baby for some reason.

Never again.

• Locked thread