Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.
Ollain Faebar

The notherner opens the door and steps quickly inside, shutting it behind him. "Ta me sorry. some of the caorach, the ship beasties ha' wandered off into the foraise. They did give me some meat for to share with tu though."

He unwraps a cooked joint of mutton and places it on the table, before cutting off a piece for himself and tearing off a piece of bread. he hadn't known any of the men and women who had been sent out before, but if this place was his home, then he would have to do right by it, and it's inhabitants. And he was no stranger to the woods.

pre:
Ollain Faebar

5'6” 130 lbs
50 points, 

Attributes: [39]
ST 11 [10]      HP 11
DX 11 [20]    Will 10 
IQ 10             Per 11 [5]
HT 11 [10]     FP 11

Dmg: 1d-1 Thrust, 1d+1 Swing
Basic Speed: 5.5
Basic Move: 5
Basic Lift: 20

TL 2 [-5]
Languages: 
Ogham (Native/Illiterate) [-3]
Common (Accented/Illiterate) [2]

Advantages: [10]
Absolute Direction [5]
Fit [5]

Disadvantages: [-34]
Missing Digits [4]
(two fingers on left hand, -2 to DX with that hand only)
Pacifism (Cannot Harm Innocents) [-10]
Struggling [-10]
Status -1 [-5]
Superstitious [-1]
Careful [-1]
Doesn't like to eat fish or birds[-1]
Heavy Oggham accent [-1]
Dislikes dogs [-1]

Skills: [35]
Animal Handling (Ruminants) IQ-1  [1]
Area Knowledge IQ+1 11 [2]
	(Brandon's Brae and Environs)
Bow DX+1 12 [4]
Brawling DX 11 [1]
First-Aid/TL2 IQ 10 [1]
Hiking HT 11 [2]
Axe/Mace DX 11 [2]
Staff DX+1 12 [4]
Knife DX 11 [1]
Naturalist IQ 10 [4]
Scrounging Per 11 [1]
Skiing HT-1 10 [2]
Stealth DX+1 12 [4]
Survival (Mountains) Per+1 12 [4]
Tracking Per 11 [2]

Equipment:

Weapons: [$200, 11 lbs)
Axe (1d+3 cut; Reach 1; Parry 0U; ST 11) $50, 4 lbs
Large Knife (1d-1 cut or 1d-1 imp; Reach C, 1 or C; Parry -1; ST 6) $40, 1 lb
Quarterstaff (1d+3 cr or 1d+1 cr; Reach 1,2; Parry +2; 7t) $10, 4 lbs
Bow (1d imp;  Acc 2; Range 165/220; RoF 1; Shots 1 (2); ST 10t;Bulk -7) $100, 2 lbs

Armor: [$85, 8 lbs]
Fur Tunic, DR 1* on Torso, $25, 2 lbs
Cloth sleeves and leggings, DR 1* on Arms, Legs, $60, 6 lbs

Other Gear: [$105, 18.5 lbs]
Gloves, Boots, Hat; $20, 2 lbs
Copper Torc, $8, 0.5 lbs
Personal Basics, $5, 1 lb
Small Backpack, $60, 3 lbs (15 lbs full)
   Blanket $20, 4 lbs
   Tallow Candle, $5, 1 lb
   6 Traveler's Rations, $12, 3 lbs
   10 Arrows, $20, 1 lb
Quiver, $15, 1 lb
   20 Arrows, $40, 2 lbs

$9
36.5 lbs, Light Encumbrance. 

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.
Ollain Faebar

Ollain follows the others out of the building and into the forest. He strings his own bow, and checks that his arrows are near to hand before speaking. "It's eagna to stay off the botha, the road. We should move through the foraise like wolves, stick to the fianna-tracks." At this, he reaches into a pouch around his neck and pulls out a small wolf figurine, and begins to chant under his breath. It would be a while before they got to ground that he wasn't familiar with, but it still paid to be cautious.

I've got Area Knowledge 11, and Hiking 11, do you want me to roll for them myself, or do you want to roll for us? I've seen it done both ways.
Hell with it, I'm gonna go ahead and roll'em.
Area knowledge 11: 3d6 12
Hiking 11: 3d6 10

Also, all y'all should use Orokos, it's wicked handy.

Beardless fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Apr 19, 2014

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Ollain Faebar

Ollain hands the carving to Makieh. It is some 3 inches long, not overly detailed, but it captures the essence of a wolf. "It is a dealbh, in the image of Naofa Mac Tire, the Great Wolf. Among my people, he is called on to aid in hunting and the like. If we were simply traveling, I would more likely call on Ban Airt, the White Hart."

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Ollain Faebar
The notherner nods along as Makieh sings, a faint smile on his face. "I know that one, more or less. Originally it's about a maiden whose lover has gone away to war. They say that it was written during the Great Sundering."

He ponders for a minute, and then his face lights up. "I didn't know her myself. She was the wise woman of the Fine Gruaig Rua, one of the neighboring tribes. I am of the Fine Cuar Abhainn, but my uncle married a woman from the Gruaig Rua."

Ollain begins to sing himself, a simple tune without recognizable words.

His culture is now a mish mash of Zuni for the religion, irish for the Language, and Sami for the music. :suicide:

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Ollain Faebar

Ollain looks around as Jeph pops up, seemingly out of nowhere, and nods to the younger man. it woudn't be good to lose a member of their band, even if he was a little wet behind the ears. He looks on, bemused, as Crow rolls around in the dirt like a dog, and then falls out of a tree. "You might have more luck with a pine tree. Not many branches on a birch."

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Ollain Faebar

The northerner pulls Crow to his feet, and then sets out after the others, wishing he had a pair of skis.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Ollain Faebar

Ollain crouches down, peers at the bloodstain, and then looks around. Seeing a faint trail of drops, he he nocks and arrow and begins to follow it.

Tracking 11, blood trail: 3d6 10

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Ollain Faebar

Ollain crouches by the remains of the fire, his face grim. "This bodes ill. Someone was pursued here, by some fir olc, some cladhaire who let them die of the cold. We should be aireach, cautious, lest we die in the snow ourselves."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Ollain Faebar

Ollain spins towards the sound, half drawing his bow, and nods at Sif's words. "Jeph, pile some wood on the trava, the rest of you, carry as much as you can. We'll light a fire up on the top of the Ox, make a stand there."

[i]Per 11, spotting wolves: 3d6 10[/url]

• Locked thread