Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
This game cannot be serious. Who thought "Let's start our Sherlock Holmes game with half an hour of fetch quests!" and wasn't immediately fired/beaten senseless by his coworkers?

If they were going to force you to walk slowly around London they could at least have left Teleporting Watson in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
See, this is closer to how a Sherlock Holmes game should look! It can't last. You guys are going to be halfway through deducing the motive when their landlord shows up and needs Holmes to go pick out a birthday present for her granddaughter before she'll make you guys a pot of tea or something.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

gameplusmeagan posted:

We spent several precious moments actually feeling like detectives so I can only imagine we've got about four hours ahead of us where we have to find the doctor's assistant's favorite porcelain figurine that's limited edition and only available in Ireland but he's not willing to pay more than $4 for the shipping...

"I say, Holmes, we just received a missive from Lestrade. He informs us that he has a new lead, but first we must meet him at his abode to assist him in defeating the Hakuna Matata level in The Lion King."

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Vrikkian posted:

Question though... who does the YT editing and video production?

Looks like you might have to wait a few days for your answer, unless gamespluschuck suddenly and mysteriously appears :v:

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
So Spiders, the developers behind this game, just released a new game: Bound By Flame. A friend of mine has been playing it and he mentioned that for a game centered around hitting monsters with swords and a flame demon trying to eat your soul, it has a lot of fetch quests. Spiders must have someone on staff who loves fetch quests.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Why on earth is that guy selling a fricking cobra as a pet?!

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
That thing with the undercover vice cops was in Hawaii.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
:catstare:

What is UP with this game?!

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Plot twist: the real reason Jack the Ripper stopped was because he was eaten by Sherlock's cat army.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
I love how incredibly paranoid you two have gotten over Holmes getting pulled into yet another stupid puzzle/fetch quest.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

gameplusmeagan posted:

Ok, for real this time. We are finally settled and we have recorded and we have a new episode coming very shortly and oh my god I can't even describe it to you guys. Just... don't eat during this next one, okay? Trust me.

I'll believe it when I see it :colbert:

(I can't wait :allears:)

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
I love that you guys still haven't noticed that a green magnifying glass means there's still something there to find, while a clear one means you've found all the clues in that spot.

Also, I really want you guys to LP Dead Space or Silent Hill now :v:

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

corn in the bible posted:

Just want to remind you all that the NEW Sherlock game, from these same developers, comes out in a few weeks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrRVCJfzlU8

Get hyped, possibly.

Before you get all excited to LP this game, Meagan, you should be aware that SA has a very firm Not Until 3 Months After Release policy. I'm sure you can't wait to dive right back in to the world of Sherlock Holmes as interpreted by Spiders Studio, but you'll just have to contain yourself :colbert:

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
I don't think I've ever laughed as hard at an LP as I just did at your "It looked like Michael Jackson! :gonk:"

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Wolvorine posted:

Waaaiiitiiinnnggg...

Their Twitter account mentions that they're going through some Life Stuff, so we may be waiting a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Well that was......Certainly an ending. As in, it definitely ended.

And I'm glad I got to point out the magnifying glass thing only three or four videos from the end. I kept expecting someone else to point it out and eventually I couldn't wait any longer :v:

• Locked thread