Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
The best part of these Frogware Sherlock Games is teleporting Watson, so I have my fingers crossed for some Watson Wizardry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
A lot of the Sherlock games do run on a pretty poor old engine though. I couldn't get through Awakened, despite desperately wanting to see if Watson boxed Cthulu or whatever. However, The Testament Of Sherlock Holmes does run on the same engine as Ripper, I think, and it works really well. That is the go to game if you want to see Sherlock go into full on rear end in a top hat mode and Watson sputter about what a dick he's being.

The plot sort of ranges from "Sorta interesting" to "Totally nonsensical", but it's a good amount of fun, goes on Steam Sale fairly often, and lets you play as Watson too, as well as the one character we've all been waiting for, TOBY THE DOG!

• Locked thread