Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say

Stickarts posted:

Quote this for my sanity:

East:
1 v 8
Winner: Boston gp: 5

2 v 7
Winner: Pittsburgh gp: 6

3 v 6
Winner: Tampa Bay gp: 4

4 v 5
Winner: New York gp: 6

West
1 v 8
Winner: Anaheim gp: 6

2 v 7
Winner: Colorado gp: 7

3 v 6
Winner: St. Louis gp: 7

4 v 5
Winner: San Jose gp: 6

Stanley Cup winning team: San Jose

Conn Smythe winner: Joe Pavelski

Number of OT games: 14

Number of suspensions: 2

Total goals of entire playoffs: 450

Total goals of the finals: 30

Carey Price's gaa and s%: 2.50 .932

Which 1990-present expansion team will go furthest (tie breaker of total wins, and, failing that, goals for): SJ

The "worst" team (aka the team that lost to the team that lost to the team that lost to the cup winner): Dallas

Total number of game 7's played: 4

Total number of sweeps: 4

Leading goal scorer/leading goal total (10 per): Joe Pavelski, 14

Player with most pim/total (10 per): Milan Lucic

Too Much Mans: who cares, 12

Zamboni Jesus fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Apr 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

a false posted:

i gave 22 as a guess for how many goals would be in an average series because some series will be short and then i multiplied that by 13. i don't think that's too crazy

that is way low probably, even with every game being a sweep that is only 5.5 goals per game.

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

Duro posted:

I thought I'd be the only one to unabashedly homer the Habs winning the cup. Glad to see I'm in good company. I'll submit my picks later

Edit: so do the Avs count as an "expansion team of the 90's"?

lol people who don't pick their team to get swept out in the first round

e: i just read the op and how stickarts is posting from his phone, whatever happened to the stickarts who got super drunk walking along the river drinking a spiked double gulp with me who swore he would never own a mobile phone?

Zamboni Jesus fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Apr 16, 2014

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

Stickarts posted:

Quote for continued sanity:

Boston v. Montreal: Boston in 4

Pittsburgh v. New York: New York in 7

Chicago v. Minnesota: Chicago in 5

Anaheim v. Los Angeles: Los Angeles in 6

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

Stickarts posted:

That's... actually really close to where I am staying. Will noted forums poster guignol be present? If not and you can't id me, I'm tall, glasses, beard, and a mean pony.No pm but chances are high I will show up.

just look for someone who looks like harris from freaks and geeks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLv-DQwPFuE

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

i did approximately total number of games in last couple playoffs multiplied by 5

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

Stickarts posted:

Yea we're definitely out in the sticks here in TAQB. I note with some e-displeasure NBA's pick'em gets SAS proper. Which is to say, meh.

this thread probably could have stuck around in the main forum but you requested to move it here so

i would keep the points the same as they are because constantly changing things as the playoffs go along just gets confusing

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

i picked new york to make the finals without it even being a homer pick :smug:

we'll just ignore that i picked san jose to win the cup

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

New York Rangers in 4
Chicago Blackhawks in 7

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

Stickarts posted:

Yea all Rangers picks after the game are getting switched to Habs. Same games unless I hear otherwise.

i don't think it is really a problem leaving the people who picked the rangers after the first game as it is really as long as they didn't pick a sweep for the rangers or something since there was only like 12 hours to make the picks between the end of the kings/ducks and beginning of the habs/rangers. maybe just give them a deduction of however many points instead?

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

kings in 7 because i demand that the kings play maximum games :colbert:

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

Stickarts posted:

Drunk Canuck, Kreez, and Hand Knit have been with LA since day 1.

Literally every single person who chose NYR did it due to homer picks. Outstanding!

BOXC
OldSenileGuy
a false
THE MACHO MAN
Zodijackylite

i chose new york to make the finals before the playoffs started and it wasn't a homer pick :colbert:

Stickarts posted:

There are :lol: 2 people not yet eliminated with total goals. It has been a high scoring playoffs no doubt - 88 gp, 492 g = 5.6 goals per game. Even so, a 10% reduction to ~5 gpg would still have only left 9 people in the running. Considering mentholmoose's prediction of 495 mathematically is impossible, :siren: darkwolf220 :siren: is locked in as the winner of that category!

i had a slightly higher amount of goals and then changed my mind, but i think that was still under the current total lol. the main reason though wasn't just that it's been high scoring but also a lot of series went deep. i think i did my calculation expecting less than 88 games for the whole playoffs

Zamboni Jesus fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jun 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

I had both the conference and cup finalists down before the season :2bong: though I thought Montreal would be way better in the regular season than they ended up being

i spent like 2 minutes doing my preseason picks and have no memory at all of what any of them were

e: holy poo poo apparently i predicted rangers/la for the final in the preseason with la winning the cup? i was apparently smarter before the season than i was before the playoffs. go preseason predicting me http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=419018204&forumid=122

Zamboni Jesus fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jun 7, 2014

• Locked thread