Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you #JoinTheForce?
I already have
I want to I just don't know how
Only if they sign Sid
#JoinTheForce
View Results

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Jeff Jarrett has a new company! He has a binder full of wrestlers, five hundred wrestlers all scouted by him to create a new interactive wrestling experience!

They've gotten big time exposure in the Hollywood Reporter:

quote:

The Biggest Loser creator Dave Broome is getting into a new ring.
our editor recommends
'Biggest Loser' Producer Inks Overall Deal With Sony
Mark Burnett Bringing Lucha Libre Wrestling to El Rey Network
ION Enters Pro-Wrestling Ring with 'WWE Main Event'

Broome and his 25/7 Productions banner is teaming with Jeff Jarrett's new venture Global Force Wrestling to executive produce new matches as well as unscripted programming, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Jarrett founded TNA Wrestling, which has aired on Spike TV for years. He's a third-generation wrestling promoter and an executive producer who has produced shows for Fox Sports, Spike and Endemol. He and his wife, Karen, have been laying the foundation for GFW since January, when their efforts -- along with country singer Toby Keith -- to buy TNA fizzled. (It's unclear what involvement, if any, Keith will have with the new league.)

PHOTOS: Broadcast TV's Returning Shows 2014-15

The new Global Force Wrestling league, which already has more than 500 performers with additional announcements planned as more deals are finalized, will see Jarrett again bring wrestling to the small screen. Jarrett is considered to be wrestling's second-most-well-known promoter behind Vince McMahon.

GFW will compete with WWE and TNA, with Jarrett and Broome currently shopping TV rights to matches -- which will air both live and live-to-tape -- as well as unscripted fare. So far, Broome tells THR, interest has been high from both major broadcast and cable networks for the new league. The duo is currently meeting with network executives on both the East and West Coast as they shop the league and its likely lucrative TV rights.

"Wrestling pulls in massive numbers, has a huge fan base and networks are realizing that it's great entertainment," he tells THR.

Broome said the plan is to have new GFW content on the air 52 weeks per year as the upstart league looks to compete with more well-known TNA and WWE. The producer behind such live events including NBC's Tsunami AID: A Concert of Hope says GFW will cater to a worldwide audience and feature both well-known wrestlers as well as the best up-and-comers from all over the world.

Broome's deal -- which was set in motion before his overall pact with Sony Pictures Television -- will include live events, unscripted and reality fare.

"It just won't be a bunch of wrestling matches; we have exciting announcements to come. TNA or WWE right now is match after match after match. Global Force Wrestling is not going to do that. There will be matches but there will be a lot more and a lot more variety placed into the actual events that will be really innovative and fresh," he says.

"We're excited to enter this journey with a group as talented as Dave Broome and 25/7," Jarrett says. "They've achieved some great things over the past decade and we feel like they can lend a unique perspective both in and out of the ring."

In addition to The Biggest Loser, which is now in its 15th season on NBC and is broadcast in more than 90 countries around the world, Broome's credits include digital series for AOL and a sports documentary for Netflix.

For more information on GFW, check out their website.

Email: Lesley.Goldberg@THR.com
Twitter: @Snoodit

That's right fans, you are sick of just one wrestling match after another, so #JoinTheForce!

But who does he have his eye on? You can get an idea from visiting GFW's twitter:

https://twitter.com/GFWWrestling

Oh wow!

Is Big Sexy joining the force?!?

Those are some exciting names, but I've found some more:

Remember how great the last Vader in wrestling was?

It's a Global Force so Jarrett has been reaching out across the globe.

Toby Keith may be rich but it looks like Jeff has another backer in mind:

[b]So wrestling fans, who do you think is next to #JoinTheForce? Who has Jeff Jarrett been talking to, show me some scoops!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This is going to be an amazing thread.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

500 performers? Well I'm glad he learned the lessons from TNA and is only hiring 75% of WCW's former roster number.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I am so excited for GFW.

This is either going to be a bunch of solid shows, in which case the sheer shock will rival Lesnar beating Taker, or it's going to be a trainwreck not seen since the weekly TNA PPVs, except as a television show.

(It's going to be a trainwreck)

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I want to #JOINTHEFORCE

where do I sign up.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
I find your lack of faith disturbing.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I cant wait for Global Force Wrestling

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

Those are some exciting names, but I've found some more:

It's a Global Force so Jarrett has been reaching out across the globe.

This thread and the cokehead Hogan doll one are the only times I've bothered to vote for a thread this decade.

It's a shame apparently no pics of JJ and Ian Rotten together were taken from the IWS-MS incident...

Thauros fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Apr 17, 2014

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Stallion Cabana posted:

I want to #JOINTHEFORCE

where do I sign up.

Well you can either meet Jeff at a con, post a photo here so we can get you in his portfolio, or use these useful photos!

Some of those are pretty sloppy since I'm just working on my laptop and not even using a mouse. I may try to go at some images with a tablet... but probably not because I don't really want to put that kind of effort in. But those should work as decent starter images for people who want to have some fun.

http://globalforcewrestling.com/ Their site has logos and other photos too.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Making the hashtag hard to read goes a long way in making it look authentic.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i didnt even bother putting in the hashtag, how authentic is this?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Holy poo poo guys, breaking news!!!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

Holy poo poo guys, breaking news!!!

That's actually quite possible if this stupid fed ever actually exists given that Mutoh dealt more with Jarrett than anyone else when that deal was made.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The best part is that no matter what picture gets posted, so long as it has a wrestler with Jarrett, the hashtag, and the website, I'm not 100% sure if it's a fake.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Going to use that free trial of Photoshop for something I guess :effort:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.
If you think this promotion is going to succeed.... I'M AFRAID I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS

Alternate caption: get off that podium you nerd.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

I hate instagram picture filters, almost couldn't tell who these two men were.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Looks like he's signed a GM.

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
Signing some main eventers

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............ "Force," you say?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Skinty McEdger fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Apr 17, 2014

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Jeff Jarrett is cool.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This is amazing :allears:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Apr 17, 2014

Tupac Sighting
Oct 19, 2007

twisted as hell... yet i cant stop laughing
Poster for their first PPV apparently leaked and its looking great!!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

They thought that TNA naming a PPV after an archaic Sega console was a good idea, so they went all in.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

the most Dominant force in wrestlig today

somethin BIG is coming this way

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Now over to DW Don West!!!

Oh my goodness what's this?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

where are the 9/11 gifs

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

oatgan posted:

where are the 9/11 gifs

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Jarret has pulled out all the stops...

Tupac Sighting
Oct 19, 2007

twisted as hell... yet i cant stop laughing