Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Battou from Stargate [1:202:6] and Tony Montana from Cosa Nostra [1:196:5] have been beating me senseless the last few days. Battou's hit me twice already today and has another two fleets on the way in the next half hour. I can't even send off any resources. Anyone capable of raining some death on Battou, at least?

I sent an attack to Battou, should arrive in 4 hours or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

I was about to because he just had the balls to scout me but gunk works too. His defenses are a joke.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
I was hitting both of those guys before my fleet got wiped.

I just started building battleships today though, so I'll be back in the fight soon.

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."
Why did like 6 people just leave the alliance?

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

Interstellar Owl posted:

Why did like 6 people just leave the alliance?

inactives or pubs I imagine.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Inactive >12 days, I kicked them.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Well I just got loving owned while I was out to dinner for an hour: http://imgur.com/XSoUYrP,QXi9Gfu#1

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

It's not personal, it's strictly business.
Garfu lost his fleet but got a moon after hilarious incompetence from some pay2win Balkan guy. Crashed his fleet in without recently probing 10 minutes after garfu's fleet returned. Massive battle ensued. Partial credit goes to garfu's grandma.

Spyde fucked around with this message at 00:51 on May 5, 2014

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

I'll do a writeup later but seriously that entire escapade was amazing #thanksgrandma

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
I read a bit about moons on the wiki, and they seem like a pretty late game concept. Is there any way for new people to take advantage of alliance-held moons?

James Totes
Feb 17, 2011

Target Practice posted:

I read a bit about moons on the wiki, and they seem like a pretty late game concept. Is there any way for new people to take advantage of alliance-held moons?

They aren't inherently late game. They can be useful this early, but the kicker is they take a lot to develop. The key concept with moons is that they let you Sensor Phalanx and avoid Sensor Phalanxes.

Sensor Phalanxes are buildings that, for the cost of 5k Deuterium, report the status of a planet and any and all fleet movements it has done. I.E: If you are Planet 365:4 and you are raiding planet 365:5, the Sensor Phalanx sees your entire fleet that is en-route and the timer to it and the timer on return, allowing you to plan your fleet to shatter it.

However, it can not seek moons.

So by havinga moon you can dodge Phalanxes as well as perform them if you station your fleet there.

This means that if even now you want to slay someone near the moon you could have it happen if you chip in for the Phalanx costs.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Again I'll explain this later but it's loving hilarious

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

build fast that moon garf i dont hae deut atm but will help u have nice fleets around for smash

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
So how much res does it take to buy into being able to use that moon? I see that it takes 5k deut to scan a planet, so like 10% of the construction cost and I bring the deut if I want to use it?

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Not sure yet, haven't built it up. It takes 80k res to build the things in the first place, which is nothing.

Federal Preserves
Jun 30, 2011

Or is it right?
So I'm mired in the middle of galaxy 2, and I've outpaced all of the rank 2000 noobs in my vicinity, leaving me almost nobody to raid. Do I just mine up until recyclers or should I start heading for colony ships to get out of this dump (possibly moving over to galaxy 1)?

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

Left posted:

So I'm mired in the middle of galaxy 2, and I've outpaced all of the rank 2000 noobs in my vicinity, leaving me almost nobody to raid. Do I just mine up until recyclers or should I start heading for colony ships to get out of this dump (possibly moving over to galaxy 1)?
It's hard to say without knowing your mine levels, but I always suggest colonizing as soon as possible. Sometimes building more mines will get you there sooner though if your production is still weak.

Unrelated tip: I strongly suggest anyone with the resources buy a container from the merchant everyday (under Import/Export). You get mine boosters a decent amount of the time and the cost is tiny compared to the profits you will make over the course of a week.

Federal Preserves
Jun 30, 2011

Or is it right?

Spyde posted:

Unrelated tip: I strongly suggest anyone with the resources buy a container from the merchant everyday (under Import/Export). You get mine boosters a decent amount of the time and the cost is tiny compared to the profits you will make over the course of a week.

Do this. I just spent 4.5k metal to get a 10% metal boost for a week, which will pay for itself in less than a day.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Got hit by Cursed twice last night. I don't really understand why, either. I saw him coming so I evacuated/spent everything and fleetsaved, and he turned his fleet around 10 minutes before it was supposed to hit.

He then sent it back two more times after I had gone to bed. Both attacks he loots almost nothing, and the bulk of the debris field he scooped up was made of his own destroyed battleships (I have the engineer officer). First attack I can kinda understand, but the second one not so much.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

On our previous server I've just been nuking people with lots of defenses then raiding them for poo poo and giggles. Finally one of my victims had the balls to strike back. He amassed 20 nukes, hit me with them, failed to destroy all of my defenses, turned his fleet around, and promptly set me a request for peace. Then he sent me a bunch of res as blood money to sweeten the deal.

jgonzoz
Mar 4, 2012
Signed up for galaxytool as jammo.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

He would enjoy administering the single antidote to Leia. He would enjoy it very much indeed..
applied as The Throb

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

jgonzoz posted:

Signed up for galaxytool as jammo.

You're all set

Throb Robinson posted:

applied as The Throb

Not seeing you in the Gtool, are you sure you applied? You have to get the confirmation email first.

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam
I tried playing with you guys a few years ago and was instantly kicked out for being a 'spy'

Thanks alot you loving nerds, I'll never forget that.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Blackdog420 posted:

I tried playing with you guys a few years ago and was instantly kicked out for being a 'spy'

Thanks alot you loving nerds, I'll never forget that.

Spys are welcome now, the more the merrier.

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam

Gunktacular posted:

Spys are welcome now, the more the merrier.

No man, you guys were real dicks about it. It was my first 'goon' game and was I really excited to help out other goons. And you guys loving smashed my internet dreams. I honestly can't recommend this game to any other goon after that experience... I didn't even have a chance to defend myself, it was like WWII Nazi Germany poo poo. Seriously.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

He would enjoy administering the single antidote to Leia. He would enjoy it very much indeed..
Error on my end should be fixed.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Blackdog420 posted:

No man, you guys were real dicks about it. It was my first 'goon' game and was I really excited to help out other goons. And you guys loving smashed my internet dreams. I honestly can't recommend this game to any other goon after that experience... I didn't even have a chance to defend myself, it was like WWII Nazi Germany poo poo. Seriously.

Well, I have no idea what you're talking about. I've never played this game before so whoever had an issue with you last time is probably not around this time.

Or I'm just missing the joke. Either way you're welcome to join us if you would like.

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

Blackdog420 posted:

Not sure if you're serious but yeah there's literally only one goon from then playing now that I know of. I hope you feel better having gotten that off your chest though.

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!
Scarface (rank 12) just sent a fleet of 72 battleships to my homeworld. The attack ended in a draw so he didn't take any resources and most of my defenses were repaired, but he destroyed them all initially in the process and then sent recyclers to scoop up the sweet debris field.

I'm still 1 level of plasma tech away from plasma cannons but have every other type of defense and didn't destroy a single ship of his, so theoretically he could just keep farming me in this fashion; is there any way I can defend against attacks like this while I at least amass enough resources for the last plasma level other than climbing out of his attack group?

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

cupachabra posted:

Scarface (rank 12) just sent a fleet of 72 battleships to my homeworld. The attack ended in a draw so he didn't take any resources and most of my defenses were repaired, but he destroyed them all initially in the process and then sent recyclers to scoop up the sweet debris field.

I'm still 1 level of plasma tech away from plasma cannons but have every other type of defense and didn't destroy a single ship of his, so theoretically he could just keep farming me in this fashion; is there any way I can defend against attacks like this while I at least amass enough resources for the last plasma level other than climbing out of his attack group?

Defences are kind of a trap in this universe. People are just gonna farm you for that sweet debris, but if you don't have them people are gonna farm you for overnight res production.

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!

Crell posted:

Defences are kind of a trap in this universe. People are just gonna farm you for that sweet debris, but if you don't have them people are gonna farm you for overnight res production.

So there is nothing to do except get farmed with or without?

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

cupachabra posted:

So there is nothing to do except get farmed with or without?

I took a look at your stuff on galaxy tool and you don't have an absurd amount of defence yet. I wouldn't bother building much more than that. It's more then enough to protect your overnight res but its getting to the point where its worth it to farm just the defence debris. You could try and ninja him if he is attacking you while you're online by coordinating with other higher ranked goons. Also you could plug the attack into a simulator and see if adding a plasma cannon would help in the fight, it might be helpful to get 1 or 2 on your planet but it might also be a waste.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Let me know next time he's attacking and from where. I can phalanx him and have the BG guys crush him. They wanted me to phalanx him last night.

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

We plan to start organizing some alliance attacks in the days/weeks ahead now that more people have decent fleets. Primarily looking for people with battleships or better so build up your fleets! Battlecruisers are best for fleetcrashing so work on unlocking those if you can. Probably going to do some small attacks to start just to figure the system out. If you want to get involved hop on IRC, can't give specifics in a public thread.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Alright lets try this again in the new thread so the old one isn't the one first seen, this time with bonus mail!

It started with me not caring that the rank 9 guy was sending 10 cruisers to my home planet with some 550 rocket launchers, 275 light lasers, 50 heavy lasers, and 12 gauss. Then he gets butt hurt I didn't beg him to stop:

So he launches a one man ACS on me(that's possible I guess, take notes):

He made like 260k metal and maybe 23k crystal at most and lost however much deut it took to move all that poo poo(and 22000 deut from the dead cruisers). He also lost the time it takes to make the cruisers and fighters he lost.

No moon, but hey I survived 1 Large Cargo, 19 Small Cargo, 160 Light Fighters, 222 Cruisers, 91 Battleships, and 32 Battlecruisers. I win.

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 16:00 on May 15, 2014

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Fat and Useless posted:

Alright Lets try this again in the new thread so the old one isn't the one first seen, this time with bonus mail!

It started with me not caring that the rank 9 guy was sending 10 cruisers to my home planet with some 550 rocket launchers, 275 light lasers, 50 heavy lasers, and 12 gauss. Then he gets but hurt I didn't tell him to stop:

So he launches a one man ACS on me(that's possible I guess, take notes):

He made like 260k metal and maybe 23k crystal at most and lost however much deut it took to move all that poo poo(and 22000 deut from the dead cruisers). He also lost the time it takes to make the cruisers and fighters he lost.

No moon, but hey I survived 1 Large Cargo, 19 Small Cargo, 160 Light Fighters, 222 Cruisers, 91 Battleships, and 32 Battlecruisers. I win.

Seems like a waste of time on his part, maybe he thought he was going to get lucky?

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Blitzy has done the same kind of waste of time raids on me. Hes either a rich idiot or is trying to gain honor points.

Stereo
Feb 27, 2014

Get rekt son
gently caress I sank a year of my life into a clone of this on iphone. Well at least exams are over and I have nothing to do, I shall join you shortly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

Good news for you then, theres an iphone app for ogame

• Locked thread