Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Blasmeister posted:

The running theme of this show seems to be will they ever manage to cook a meal

Either Finkle loses some weight by the end or they all say gently caress it and eat him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I am now demanding a recut of Legends House where they just play all the footage of the two Jims, Hillbilly and Hart, and nothing else.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That pretty much sucked. I don't think I'll be watching it anymore.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Blasmeister posted:

Haha Legends House: The Quest For Food

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Blasmeister posted:

Fink can lose some weight.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Commissar Ken posted:

Either Finkle loses some weight by the end or they all say gently caress it and eat him.
I didn't know the Onion was making this show!

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

projecthalaxy posted:

I am now demanding a recut of Legends House where they just play all the footage of the two Jims, Hillbilly and Hart, and nothing else.

I'd watch some more drunk Pat

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
that was really bad

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
....I liked it

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Ehh, it was ok.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Will probably be more interesting once they actually make them do poo poo. sitting on a mat for 10 minutes with Gary Busey doesn't make for much of an action-packed episode.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
Old men can't cook, use appliances and Roddy Piper is a werewolf.

Reasonable show.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I liked it. The last five minutes were like bizarro world teenage dramas, where the guys pounding back alcohol are the normal ones and the guy who abstains is the weirdo outcast that bad things happen to because he abstained, and if they continue in that vein I'm probably going to lose interest in a hurry. There's a lot more they can do with these guys than show them hammered all the time while "weirdo" Piper continues to find new and exciting ways to get away from the temptations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

It was pretty ok, I'll probably watch more, but won't cry too hard if I can't catch one live.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I'll probably keep watching because it's on before NXT.

I'm also pretty sure I rented a property very near the House when I attended Coachella.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I really felt bad for Piper when he said nights were rough for him. I hate trying to go to bed and having lovely thoughts that you can't get out of your head. Like the show so far.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Am I the only one who notices that Hacksaw really likes using the word "apprehensive" a lot?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Gavok posted:

Am I the only one who notices that Hacksaw really likes using the word "apprehensive" a lot?

I had instant flash backs to that song from the WWF Wrestlemania album. He uses the word in that.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I just finished this and it was way better than I expected.

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!
As someone who works in reality TV, that just felt like it was noted up and down as they tried to turn the screws on the drama. I kinda wish the show was just these weird old wrestlers living in a house, like the beats with Roddy and the blender or Patterson loving around at the grocery store. The dramatic stuff, like the words between Hacksaw and Tony at the lunch, feel even more flimsy for reality than usual. Then, Roddy's spirit walk into the desert is such an odd way to end the show, especially as a first episode.

Regardless, I think it's a good start at traditional programming for the Network. Hopefully they find the right balance and let us learn why Mean Gene is so fond of saying "Holy balls."

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

DM Punk posted:

I had instant flash backs to that song from the WWF Wrestlemania album. He uses the word in that.

Yeah! Like he says it in that, he always uses it when doing the Raw pre/post-show panel and he says it walking in on the show. I probably wouldn't even notice it if he didn't stress it so weirdly. It's like it's the only four-syllable word he knows.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I thought the editing and pacing were a little rocky but enjoyed it. The ending bit with Piper did piss me off.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

AKA Driver posted:

Regardless, I think it's a good start at traditional programming for the Network. Hopefully they find the right balance and let us learn why Mean Gene is so fond of saying "Holy balls."

WWE's had this in the can for 2 years with nobody interested in airing it so I'm going to with "probably not" but eh let's see where it goes.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Why can't it just be more "Hillbilly Jim is a super cool guy to everyone forever".

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.
I hate reality shows and thought it was fine.

The forced reality poo poo is totally not needed, but whatever, I get the Fink and Mean Gene on my computer screen, and SOMEDAY, SOME. DAY. Pat will cook a drat meal. Then stretch a ton.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Why can't it just be more "Pat Patterson's Culinary Escapades".

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I'm not too worried about carny-rear end Piper being sad at night or wandering off into the desert. When you end every goddamn road story you tell with "and that was the time we got stabbed by 12 Puerto Ricans after our match!" you can probably emote "sad and distant" at the drop of a hat.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Watched the first episode, it was okay. Piper defeated by a blender was pretty funny, the Gary Busey thing was weird, and Hacksaw and Tony Atlas' "argument" was the dumbest reality show argument I've ever seen.

What I want to know is will they eat Pat Patterson's cabbage rolls before the end of the season?

Also how fake is the show, wrestling fake or reality show fake?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

This too. If the final shot of the season isn't everyone sitting down to cabbage rolls, entire season is a waste.

servo106
Apr 26, 2006

Gavok posted:

Yeah! Like he says it in that, he always uses it when doing the Raw pre/post-show panel and he says it walking in on the show. I probably wouldn't even notice it if he didn't stress it so weirdly. It's like it's the only four-syllable word he knows.

Oh c'mon. He's a college educated man!

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

servo106 posted:

Oh c'mon. He's a college educated man!

Ahahahahahaha. COLLEGE! Ahahahahaha.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
Got to admit, found the first episode of this show pretty boring. Cabbage rolls took up like ten minutes, and then Piper took a walk to get away from the drunk folks, and they tried to play it like it was super intense.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

to think this show could have been on E!

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Finally watched this, I was more amused by Tony Atlas's Triple H t shirt than I probably should have been. Also I guess Roddy Piper is turning into a werewolf right? That's what episode 2 is about?

Good Listener fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Apr 21, 2014

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Luigi Thirty posted:

Watched the first episode, it was okay. Piper defeated by a blender was pretty funny, the Gary Busey thing was weird, and Hacksaw and Tony Atlas' "argument" was the dumbest reality show argument I've ever seen.

What I want to know is will they eat Pat Patterson's cabbage rolls before the end of the season?

Also how fake is the show, wrestling fake or reality show fake?

the gently caress was that argument over, really? I rewound it and all I heard mumbling and unfocused rhetoric.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

coconono posted:

the gently caress was that argument over, really? I rewound it and all I heard mumbling and unfocused rhetoric.

Tony Atlas said that he works with kids and that parents don't spend enough time with their kids. Hacksaw apparently took personal offense at this and they got into the lamest argument ever.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

So tonight we have golf cart polo and Zumba, along with I assume more cabbage roll prep.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

Luigi Thirty posted:

Tony Atlas said that he works with kids and that parents don't spend enough time with their kids. Hacksaw apparently took personal offense at this and they got into the lamest argument ever.

That honestly sounds like an argument two alcoholics would have. So that was probably the most real moment.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

The_Rob posted:

That honestly sounds like an argument two alcoholics would have. So that was probably the most real moment.

The editing during this was really bad and they were trying to make a minor disagreement into a slobber knocker. So far all old dudes get along okay and are pretty chill. Pat just needs to make the cabbage rolls. They sound delicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The second half of the Network preview is "Back at the Legends House, will Tony Atlas and Jim Duggan be able to coexist?" so expect that to be hammered even harder to the delight of all.

• Locked thread