Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

ProfessorCirno posted:

Hey ARB, what would you think of Yurie and Tankyuusha being somewhat silent travel partners?

That'd be fine! It'd be an odd couple, to say the least, but that's what makes it interesting. Otherwise, she's pretty curious and cheery despite her ambiguous state of mortality, but has more faraway stares and general lassitude during the evenings. Yurie would certainly be big on uncomfortable ellipses regarding Tankyuusha's nature, doubly so when coming to his work, but she can cope given she isn't personally exposed to it to the consequences of it. Which certainly would never come up, and everything will be just be totally copacetic.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Apr 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Oh, if we're sharing pictures:

Hotaru, by PrincessElemmiriel

How I envision Natsuyoda, minus the whole "buff" thing.

Double May Care fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Apr 25, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And here's Jugemu.

The red hair is a side effect of the shiki binding.

Edit: As much as I'd like even more Aiki, I think a character like Jugemu would work best coming into the story by himself, unless someone has a really good idea.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Apr 25, 2014

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
I am down with being preached at by a nun, sure. And now I've got to figure out what he looks like...it's seriously tempting to just find some fanart of a Deadlands Hanging Judge or something.

Here's the racial template- I'll do the rest of my sheet later tonight when I'm off work.

pre:
Living Weapon; (Ayakashi species)

Karma Cost: 65

Skills: Marksman (3), Willpower (3)
Primary Attributes: Body, Senses
Attribute Penalty: 1
Station Requirement: 5
Equipment: Yohjutsu abilities
  • Superspeed (1)
  • Incorporeal
  • Projectile Attack 4 (Summoned, idealized version of weapon form. On a melee weapon, this could be natural or draining weapon.)
  • Undying 3
Weapons:
  • Masterwork, Ayakashi Light soulgem revolver, (Damage +9, ROF 3, Range 50m Ammo 6, Station 5.)
25 extra soulgems. Equip Cost: 60 Special Abilities:
  • Taboo: Cannot turn down a challenge to a showdown 4
  • Goal: Atone for the crimes committed by previous wielders 4
Full Sheet:

pre:
The Dead Man's Gun
Concept: Cursed weapon bearing the sins of those who used it before. 
Archetypes: Living Weapon, Paragon
Attribute Penalty: 1
Primary Attributes: Body, Senses, Station
Station Requirement: 5

BOD: 5
AGI: 6
SEN: 8
KNO: 3
SPI: 6
EMP: 6
STA: 5

Vitality: 12
Soul: 18
Wounds:
L: ()()()()()()
H: ()()()
C: ()()
D: ()

Fate:
Emotion: Regret 3
Goal: Find Peace 2

Skills:
Marksmanship 3, Willpower 3, Art of War: Black Wing Gun Style 4.

Yohjutsu
Superspeed (11 times per session) Incorporeal, Projectile Attack 4, Undying 3.

Weaknesses
Taboo: Cannot turn down a challenge to a showdown 4
Goal: Atone for the crimes committed by previous wielders  4

Equipment: Secret Martial Manuscripts
Equip Cost: 65
Weapons:
The Gun: Masterwork, Ayakashi Light soulgem revolver, (Damage +9, ROF 3, Range 50m Ammo 6, Station 5.
The Ideal Gun: Damage +15, RoF 9, Range 100 meters.

Using Falling Star Shot: Damage +24, RoF 3, Range 50m. 

25 extra soulgems.

unseenlibrarian fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Apr 26, 2014

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
Asuka, along with a number of her family before her, was introduced to the priesthood when she was deemed 'ready', and rather quickly put herself to making use of what she could get from them to put together her prototypes for her own contribution to the family collection: an extremely powerful and efficient firearm to be made in mass production for cheap. While most of her experiments were complete messes, especially the cursed shotgun she still can't manage to get rid of for more than a few moments, she managed to cobble together something close to success before realizing the priesthood had probably noticed the various materials found missing from their warehouses and that she should probably pack up and run.

While ridiculous looking, the gold-plated handcannon proved to be an extremely effective weapon, though the logistics of a pistol capable of firing with the effectiveness of a rifle are complicated at best. Despite toying with it for years, Asuka's yet to quite perfect her masterwork and continues to roam around in search of ideas, remaining just barely out of the priesthood's grasp so far. Progress hasn't exactly been speedy between all the moving around and poorly thought out money-making schemes she's made up.

pre:
Asuka Kaneko, Child of Gold
Concept: Misguided Inventor
Archetypes: Taira Agent Miko, Gunsmith
Attribute Penalty: 3
Primary Attributes: Knowledge, Station
Station Requirement: 6

BOD: 5
AGI: 5
SEN: 7
KNO: 7
SPI: 4
EMP: 2
STA: 6

Vitality: 9
Soul: 22
Wounds:
L: ()()()()()
H: ()()()
C: ()()

Fate:
Goal: Complete The Golden Child 3
Emotion: Greed 2

Skills:
Interface (3), Shinto (2), Marksmanship (3), Notice (2), Information (3) [1 AP]

Equipment: Amafuda Pass, Meikyo Soul Mirror, Interface Helm, Gunsmith's Kit
Equip Cost: 30 + 16
Weapons:
Handcannon "The Golden Child" (Masterwork, Oddly-Shaped Rifle) Damage +8, RoF 3, Range 50m, Ammo 7
SMG "The Silver Spoon" (Large, Painful-Looking Repeater) Damage +5, RoF 3, Range 30m, Ammo 12
Shotgun "The Lead Stocking" (Ayakashi-cursed Scattergun) Damage +6, RoF 5, Range 20m, Ammo 10
I think I did this right? Gunsmith is basically just an excuse for me to make a few custom gunpowder weapons and get Marksmanship and Notice, because there's basically nothing available for making a shooty person who isn't messing around with soulgems. Not entirely sure on the scale of fates, but I imagine actually getting the gun done right isn't impossible by any means.

As for running into people, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Asuka ran into Gun and took an interest in his namesake, and probably attempted to 'improve' it. Up to unseen!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Okay. Looks like we're all set, so I'm going to try and have the Zero Acts up tonight.

Sentry, is Asuka affiliated with the Southern or Northern Court?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Rather Watch Them posted:

Oh, if we're sharing pictures:

Ha ha, I didn't mean to start a fire. I just typed 'copacetic' and thought I'd put up a visual illustration!

But put up a more ghosty picture, too.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Whoops, forgot the courts were important. Asuka would be Northern, capable of digging around in the expensive junk despite being so low rank without having to do much sneaking around. I would take a wild guess and say even the North frowns on someone stealing a bunch of assembly parts and tools from some warehouse, though.

I regrettably lack pictures of gun-toting mechanics, alas.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Oooh, nobody that can repair me. Well then, that just got interesting, hahaha!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Go forth and post.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

sentrygun posted:

As for running into people, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Asuka ran into Gun and took an interest in his namesake, and probably attempted to 'improve' it. Up to unseen![/i]

This could be hilarious, so sure.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I know I'm up next, but I gotta check the book before I make my move and I'll be busy most of tomorrow, so I'll try to have it in tomorrow night.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

So, you may be asking yourselves "what the gently caress was that?"

The gently caress that was was what turned out to be an ill-advised experiment on my part. I was wondering how you'd do if you basically went full kijin, and the answer is surprising, given how many attribute points you lose.

Short version is that if you take an implanted kimen mirror, you get to use Interface to substitute for your basic skills. Take +2 to Interface rolls most of the time from an interface implant and then a bunch of situational bonuses, like adding your mechanica arm damage to all your defense rolls and you have a weirdly capable entity for something that's basically got two points in every stat. While you have a wound track that goes 2:1:1:1, you can also rack up something like 30 VP, boost your SP by an almost equal number and get a device that'll transfer SP into VP as a free action, and you have a surprisingly capable character in very specific fields with high durability.

The downside is that this is dull as poo poo to fight against, apparently, because it turns into "Nuh uh, you can't hit me, oh and I can't hit you." So, lesson learned for future fights, and while Mino will probably be back, I'm really hoping it won't be in a context where you're trying to punch each other.

Thank you all for putting up with that, and I promise I will do my best to make sure that doesn't crap out again.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
I'm totally down for some experimental weird fights, I just completely blanked on things to do. Me pulling up Miko Google was basically the best thing I could think of, mostly because I have no idea how rules or whatever involving pulling poo poo out of my magical murderbag would work for causing havoc in the environment in TBZ. I'm probably missing something really obvious though. :v:

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

I mainly learned that I need more skills. And also that Falling Star Shot is terrifying.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I learned that a swordsman needs to actually know how to use a sword.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
I am very bad at doing things unrelated to MURDER.

Also I learned some people probably shouldn't just stand around during a pitched battle :choco:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
I am far too lazy to format this with bolds and stuff. Have a forced-amnesiac super spy ninja.

pre:
Shinobu Fukui
Attribute Penalty: 0
Station Requirement: 2

BOD: 4
AGI: 8
SEN: 6
KNO: 5
SPI: 7
EMP: 8
STA: 2

Vitality: 10
Soul: 24
Wounds:
L: ()()()()
H: ()()
C: ()

Fate:
Goal: Remember Objective 2
Secret: Plagued by Amnesia 3

Skills:
Ninjitsu 3, Marksmanship 3, Notice 2, Art of War (Migawari-Style) 3, Persuasion 3, Evasion 2, Information 2, Perform 2

Special:
Dark Arts - -1 soul cost for Ninjitsu
Path of the Transcriber - Ninjitsu for Forgery
Path of the Cunning Sparrow - Ninjitsu for Stealth
Iron Fist - Soul 4, Difficulty 1, +3 to damage on attacks
Ball of Thunder - Soul 3, Difficulty 1, 3 damage small explosion of fire
Shadowflight - Soul 5, Difficulty 2, go fast but can't carry much
Four-Fold Shadow Form - Soul 6, Difficulty 3, dopplegang a person for a whole scene
Quick Shot - Use AGI instead of SEN with Marksmanship
Two-Hand Shot - Increase RoF by AGI

Equipment: Throwing Needles, +1 Damage, RoF 5, Ammo INF, 15m

• Locked thread