Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Wheezle posted:

Weird. We've been using a really good cards against humanity deck that was on nexus a couple days ago.

Seems to be gone now.

Actually, this is it:

http://www.nexusmods.com/tabletopsimulator/mods/29/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KamikazeJim
Sep 15, 2006

oh fuck are you seeing this bomb man. ARE YOU SEEING THIS?
I made a thing. (It's Love Letter)
http://www.nexusmods.com/tabletopsimulator/mods/83/

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Does this game have any sort of "snap" feature or a sort of grid, or do you have to drag cubes and meeple around in a completely free 3D space and just sort of hope that the edges don't get stuck on a tile, sending it hurdling off the table at breakneck speeds.

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
I uploaded my Scopa deck to Nexus, if anyone wants to try it out. I will probably upload Mille Bornes tomorrow once I fix up the images a bit.

http://www.nexusmods.com/tabletopsimulator/mods/92/

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Countblanc posted:

Does this game have any sort of "snap" feature or a sort of grid, or do you have to drag cubes and meeple around in a completely free 3D space and just sort of hope that the edges don't get stuck on a tile, sending it hurdling off the table at breakneck speeds.

There's a grid option that can be toggled by the host, but I'm not too sure how it works across custom games. On something like the checkers board at least, the grid works as you would think and pieces will snap to squares on the board.

Supergub
Oct 19, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Does this game have any sort of "snap" feature or a sort of grid, or do you have to drag cubes and meeple around in a completely free 3D space and just sort of hope that the edges don't get stuck on a tile, sending them hurdling off the table at breakneck speeds.

Clearly pieces getting stuck on other pieces and getting flung across the playspace will be the BEST part of this game. :colbert:

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
I would love to play Blood bowl or space hulk on this.
It would totally destroy the lovely video games that they made those two games.

And Necromuda needs to be on ti as well.

Daidoji
Jun 13, 2001

Perception is Reality.

Defenders of the Realm. This really took some effort. I leveled the hell out of my photo-editing and scanning skills.

The new Tabletop Simulator update added resizing of objects which made this game infinitely more playable.
Larger player/general placards, rulebook deck, tiny d8s for tainted crystals and the mini card quest deck.

Also anyone interested in actually converting games there's an amazing deck editor that saved me a ton of time which you can find here: http://www.nexusmods.com/tabletopsimulator/mods/61/

You can skip the process of sizing your images, just use the editor to export then resize the whole deck later. I would suggest 4096x4096 for cards with fine print or overall best quality.

Anyway, Tabletop Simulator owns, buy it.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

I got a fourpack and played with friends and there's already a ton of games on the nexus to play. Most games work really great. If a game is really reliant on searching the deck and calling specific cards out it can be a pain. I'm not sure how to deal with that in game, maybe a special hand type zone where you can dump a pile and have it spread out and then you can click a button to have it reform to a deck? Otherwise they all work fine. I tried playing online and that works really well. The people who buy tabletop simulator it seems are the kind of people who actually want to play tabletop games, so you don't have a lot of problems and people are all generally nice and playing by the rules. The built in voice chat works well and it's pretty clear. Good enough for a game of cards against humanity! One little spot there is that usually you'd put all the cards in a pile and shuffle it and that works but if you need to have 2 cards together there's no easy way to shuffle them together? I think the ability to almost kinda merge cards would be a useful feature for a lot of games. Anything where cards equip lets say or stick together would really benefit from that.

Prince Reggie K
Feb 12, 2007

I've been denied all the best Ultra-Sex.
I played a bunch of games with smoremaster, including a late night round of dominion which also included a cool Russian guy. I heartily recommend this game. Basically If you enjoy the experience of playing chess or cards with someone in a coffee shop or parlor IRL, you will enjoy this. If you don't like meeting new people and bonding over games and physics accidents, then it's not for you.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Prince Reggie K posted:

I played a bunch of games with smoremaster, including a late night round of dominion which also included a cool Russian guy. I heartily recommend this game. Basically If you enjoy the experience of playing chess or cards with someone in a coffee shop or parlor IRL, you will enjoy this. If you don't like meeting new people and bonding over games and physics accidents, then it's not for you.

oh oh speaking of playing chess, what this game desperately needs is a switch hand with field option. Like if I`m holding a chess piece I have to set it down somewhere else and pick up the one I`m taking and move it out of the way and put mine there. You should be able to like switch them in one fluid motion.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Those are pretty good ideas, Prokhor, might be worth suggesting them on the steam forums or somewhere the devs are likely to see.

Finally caved and bought this, tried to make a Shadowfist deck as a test case. The deck editor Daidoji mentioned is a BIG help. However imgur takes the 3mb jpg I upload and compresses it into a 1mb jpg. The cards end up pretty hard to read.

Not sure what I can do about this. I guess I need to find another image host.

Smerdyakov
Jul 8, 2008

MRLOLAST posted:

And Necromuda needs to be on ti as well.

I never played Necromunda but loved it obsessively and I have all the rule books+White Dwarf special stuff. I will scan them as soon as I get some free time. Sure you could alt-tab and look at a searchable PDF, but it's just not a GW game unless you spend an hour flipping through a badly organized rulebook.

Also: Gorkamorka?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Putting Shadowfist aside for the time being, I made a thing to help me get used to making stuff:

Escape of the Dead is a neat simplistic solitaire game I found while poking through the "Print and Play" stuff on Board Game Geek. I've played it a few times, and apparently I suck at it! :zombie:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I tried playing a couple custom games with a friend the other night and we found that the custom cards only seemed to load as white images on one side. Is anyone having trouble with custom cards loading properly?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I hope they add in better support for tile-based games. I've experimented with using custom cards for tiles, but most games don't fit their rectangular shape plus trying to put pieces on card-tiles frequently picks them up unless you just drop them on it. In addition, there is some weird behavior with piece resizing. If you pick up an object while holding another piece, the object picked up immediately resizes itself to the same size setting of the object you were holding.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

FPzero posted:

I tried playing a couple custom games with a friend the other night and we found that the custom cards only seemed to load as white images on one side. Is anyone having trouble with custom cards loading properly?

I had a friend take forever to load them once, very little anecdotal evidence by me but it seems like you want to load custom crap after everyone is in and it seems to take longer for clients to load compared to the host.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Putting Shadowfist aside for the time being, I made a thing to help me get used to making stuff:

Escape of the Dead is a neat simplistic solitaire game I found while poking through the "Print and Play" stuff on Board Game Geek. I've played it a few times, and apparently I suck at it! :zombie:

I'd like to play this, but there aren't any files on the Nexus page.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

BKPR posted:

I'd like to play this, but there aren't any files on the Nexus page.

Wait, what?! Well, this would explain why no one has downloaded the two things I did. Can you tell I've never used Nexus before?

I'll fix them shortly. I'm just finishing up my third project, Machi Koro. Before anyone gets their hopes up too much, however, I didn't use the original card art. I created new cards for it.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I can't believe I just spent literally all day making this. :suicide:

Oh well, at least I'll finally get a chance to try out Machi Koro Plus.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
Has anyone bought a 4-pack off their site and had any issues with keys being used already? I bought it off their site while it was the reduced price right before release and used three keys right away, but I gave a fourth key to a friend a couple of days ago and steam is saying it's already taken.

e: my friend is really awful and both him and his girlfriend failed to ever enter the first key :negative:

Eigo fucked around with this message at 02:44 on May 3, 2014

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Version 1.2 came out today.

The loot bag is a great idea and makes a few piecepack games I've looked into viable. The gameboard also stretches to accommodate non-square images.

[edit] Well, I knew the save/load function broke the loot bags, thats not too terrible. Unfortuantely it seems undoing breaks them as well! Hopefully they'll get them running better for 1.3.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 09:35 on May 3, 2014

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Woah, this is a fantastic idea. I'm so glad someone has finally made something like this, and I can't wait until we start seeing miniatures games and such on it.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Of particular interest, they're working on 3d model support for mods.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yeah, but I think they also mentioned that in previous updates.

Anyways, the current version unfortunately has some weird bugs with custom card decks and saves. The save for the conversion of Friday I was working on won't load the images until I import something new, and the cards in my Machi Koro deck suffer from strange distortion when the camera is far away from them, some kind of scaling and/or LOD issue.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Lizard Wizard posted:

Of particular interest, they're working on 3d model support for mods.

this would be awesome for D&D- the only limitation I have to using it instead of a whiteboard for my tabletop game is the lack of customizable PC tokens

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Do people play this online or would I want my friends to get a copy if I wanted to play something with other people.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

There isn't a huge player base right now, unfortunately, and most of the online servers I've seen are locked/private.

Haven't actually played TTS online yet though. So far most of the time I've spent "playing" TTS has actually been converting content, with the rest of it being playing a few solo games.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Hey guys I think we need to make some more WWE variants of our favorite games. Anybody up for some WWE Guess Who?

Does your WWE Superstar have.... long hair!?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

The weirdest thing is, all those WWE things are being put up by different users.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Finally they made the walls in mahjong assemble automatically.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

So, how well can you keep parts in place in TTS? I was thinking of scanning my copy of Quantum, but I don't know how well lining up and moving dice on top of modular tiles would be. I don't exactly want to cause a physics explosion midgame.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Its not too bad right now, the best way to do that would be to pick up a die, copy it, then hover over a tile and paste in a duplicate, which should make it fall nice and clear (dropped dice usually automatically spin themselves to roll). Once down you can hover of a die and push the number keys to turn to whatever facing you want. Turning the Gravity up to x3 (the max) should help prevent(?) weird physics as well, and if anything does go wrong, you can just hit the undo button.

That said, the game doesn't support tile-based games at all right now, really. The only "tiles" you can import right now are repurposed standard playing cards.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I got this today and the game hangs and crashes like crazy. I've been unable to keep it going for more than 20 minutes at a time. Is that a problem with the game or just me?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
It crashes for me when I load up a game with a bunch of cards like Smash Up (never played but I'm told it's fun) but for the most part works fine for me. At least it did Sunday when I last messed with it. Due to the nature of early access I suppose something might have changed since then.

Daidoji
Jun 13, 2001

Perception is Reality.

Timett posted:

It crashes for me when I load up a game with a bunch of cards like Smash Up (never played but I'm told it's fun) but for the most part works fine for me. At least it did Sunday when I last messed with it. Due to the nature of early access I suppose something might have changed since then.

This seems to be a fairly common problem. The solution I found has sadly been setting the game to medium graphics and minimizing the amount of decks and making smaller resolution files and optimizing them as best as you can. Which usually involves redoing all card text in larger font to compensate for the resize.

I don't know if it's an actual hardware limit or what. I got a 2gb video card and 4gb shared and I still run into the blank deck after so many are loaded. The crashing seems to be more related to loading non square textures, the problem with that is you're going to hit whatever memory limit there is even sooner if you change the card decks from 4096x2048 to 4096x4096. Possible hearsay, but square textures might be faster as far as processing but use more memory.

I had to convert the monopoly money to square textures and a single deck just so my friend could play.

On a related note, does anyone own monopoly mega and super add-on and want to tackle this:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1106327/ultimate-monopoly

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

This got another update a few days back.

quote:

Tabletop Simulator
Show posts for all products, not just Tabletop Simulator
FULL STORIES HEADLINES
May 9, 2014Tabletop Simulator Update v1.3
Community Announcements - Kimiko

The patch notes this week will be a bit shorter than normal because we have been working on a lot of behind the scenes stuff for Workshop integration. We've been making great progress on that and next week’s update will hopefully have Workshop support so keep an eye out. As always, restart Steam to ensure you get the latest update!

We forgot to update the version number at the bottom left of the main menu, so it will still say v1.2 even if you have v1.3.

Features:

Custom decks can now be spawned sideways. This will make the 'Alt' zoom the correct orientation.
You can now notify everyone to a location by tapping the 'Tab' key and a bouncing arrow will appear with sound
2 new host options: Allow client scaling and enable hands (hands are how you hold multiple cards)
Added rules for Mahjong, Reversi and Solitaire.

Custom Paper figurines Added:

Let's you import a picture onto a paper figurine
'ALT' zoom looks at them from the front instead of top for easier viewing
1x2 aspect ratio on the custom card image

Turn Improvements:

You can now reverse the order of the turns by choosing counterclockwise
People that have empty hands can also be automatically skipped, great for poker style games.

Changes:
Africa (AF) has been added to the location selector when hosting.
Search in Server Browser now also works on location.
Objects held will no longer be placed in the Loot Bag.
You can scale objects even larger now (Up to 3 times the normal size, previously 2 times).

Fixes:
Fixed custom content save files storing your local directory instead of the URL.
Multi object pickup will no longer mess up the scale of your objects. Each one will be independently scaled.
Saving and loading now works with the Loot Bag for remembering what was inside
Cards will now properly hide and reveal when changing what color you are playing as
PNG color bug should no longer be occurring (maybe)
Loot bags can no longer be stored inside each other; Bagception was too OP
Solitaire chosen on glass table will swap to octagon to avoid issues with glass collision
Resetting cards in card actions menu will not reset their scale
Sir Loin and Mara are no longer duplicated on the spawn menu.

What we’re working on:

Steam Workshop Integration
3D Model Support for Mods
Additional RPG Features
Connection Issues
??? game mode
More Steam Integration
RAM Optimization
Crashing issues
and much more…

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Looks like we got Steam Workshop support added sometime in the last few days. Hopefully this will increase the number of games people are adding. I've been mildly disappointed in the rate new things were showing up on that nexusmod website.

edit: though to be fair the simulator wasn't really in a place where many of the best games would have worked all that well anyway. I feel like it'll get there though!

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
I think Workshop support was the only thing I was really waiting for before getting it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Seriously, Workshop support is fantastic and I've basically doubled the number of installed games.

• Locked thread