Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Alena is the seventeen-year-old daughter of the Baron d'Montaigne and his lovely wife Maribeth. Her two brothers, Baldric(14) and Edwyn(10), are after her in the line of succession. Not that anyone in this town actually cares about their line of succession. The five living members of the d'Montaigne line currently live in the original Baron's manor, which has survived the decades since the first Baron d'Montaigne took his seat there surprisingly well. The gardens have been converted to wheat fields, yes, but it's still a lovely house with a long and noble history.

pre:
Alena d'Montaigne
HP: 35/35 (THP: 0)	AC:   19	Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 10/10 (V: 9)	For:  13	Passive Perception: 15
Initiative: +2		Ref:  17	Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will: 18   

Melee basic attack (Longsword):
1d20+10, 1d8+6 damage

At Will			Encounter		Daily
Guiding Strike  	[ ]Dirty Deed   	[ ]Slayer's Strike
Vicious Mockery 	[ ]Fey Step             Items
        	 	[ ]Words of Friendship	[ ]Catstep Boots
			[ ][ ]Majestic Word	
			[ ]Blunder      	
			[ ]Moment of Escape	
			[ ]Cunning Ferocity
                        [ ]Second Wind

Conditionals
-Once per round, when an enemy attack misses an ally within 9 squares, 
 you can slide that ally 1+1 squares as a free action and slide an
 enemy adjacent to that ally into the space the ally left.
-When you miss an attack with this Inescapable Longsword, 
 gain a +1 bonus to the next attack roll against the target.
-Draw a sheathed weapon or retrieve a stowed item as a free action.
-When you fall or jump down, take half damage and always land on your feet.
-+2 item bonus to saving throws against charm, illusion and sleep effects.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Apr 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
here we go, game thread's up

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
Lerissa has just turned 19!
Youngest of 3 kids (2 older sisters, Clara (24) and Sasha (21)
Her mother (Xephira) and father (Victor) are simple farmers who don't remember much of the time before the Green took over, but make their living mostly self-sustaining. Raising their own crops for barter, chopping wood for townspeople, doing heavy lifting for trade and favors.

Her family handles her with kid gloves. She rarely wanted for anything, but mostly out of fear, even if it meant they'd suffer. Her father is afraid of her, but he does a better job of hiding it. Her sisters are pretty much terrified of her and rarely interact with her directly.

The village in general seems suspicious but not necessarily hostile. Her looks are the only thing that are public knowledge. Her heritage, temper, and the like are pretty private and only a few outside the family have interacted with her on a regular basis.

Working on combat block now.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Classtoise posted:

Her mother (Xephira) and father (Victor) are simple farmers who don't remember much of the time before the Green took over

I'll say! The Green occured almost a thousand years ago(OOC) and "even longer than Dwarven grandfathers can remember"(IC)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Little bit of background added to my previous post. Sariya is 18 and a half years old.

pre:
Sariya   						 
HP: 28/28 (THP: )          AC:   17    Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 6/6(V: 7)          For:  12    Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +1   	  Ref:  17    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6   	          Will: 17    Vision: Low-Light

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Chilling Cloud       [ ] Hamadryad Aspects             [ ] Augury
Ray of Frost         [ ] Glorious Presence             [ ] Acid Arrow
                     [ ] Suggestion                    [ ] Feather Fall
                     [ ] Water Stride                       
                     [ ] Spook  
                     [ ] Melting Pool              
                     [ ] Second Wind

Familiar: Goo-goo the Ooze, grants +2 to dungeoneering and Resist Acid 5. 

Item Powers

Psyweave Cloth (Daily, Minor): Gain resist 5 to everything until EoTN.
Wand of Frost (Daily, Trigger: Hitting enemy with Cold Power): Target is immobilized (Save Ends).
(Encounter, Minor): Freezes 2 squares of water into solid ice.
Runic Robe (Gain +1 to arcana, +1 damage to damage with arcane powers until EoTN after using
second wind.)
Reading Spectacles (Can read any language)

Conditionals/Resists:

Resist 5 Cold.
+2 against effects that daze, dominate, or stun
Resist 5 Acid (Familiar)
Gain 2 THP after using an Encounter/Daily power.
Ignore difficult terrain if forested.
+5 Endurance to resist starvation, thirst and suffocation. 

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

The Schmidt family is one of the largest family's in town, if not the largest. Five children and the mom an' pop work the Schmidt farm, with the children of varying ages helping out with the farm work. Sully's the second oldest, his brother having just taken a wife. The Schmidt's commonly help out with any sort of construction, having many hands and being some of the strongest folk in Nellen. The oldest Schmidt child is Magnus, currently courting another from the village, and he is Sully's older brother. Sully's the second child. His younger sister, Pamela, is no less a Schmidt then her four brothers, and is arguably stronger four being the only girl of the siblings. Johnathan and James are the two youngest and are known for riling Sully up. Pa Schmidt's possibly the strongest of the strong, a gruff no nonsense man who's afraid of only one thing in the whole world, Ma Schmidt.

pre:
Sullivan Schmidt   						 
HP: 51/51 (THP: )        AC:   22    Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 10/10 (V: 12)     For:  23    Passive Perception: 17
Initiative: +3   	 Ref:  17    Action Points: 2
Speed: 5     	         Will: 15    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Giant

Grappling Strike        [ ] Guardian's Counter               [ ] Seize and Stab
Dual Strike             [ ] Furious Assault                  [ ] Crushing Foot
                        [ ] Funneling Flurry                 [ ] Dwarven Scale Armor
                        [ ] Forceful Drag
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Bull Charge
                        [ ] Ghost Mask Ki Focus

Conditionals/Resists:
Viper Belt: Resist 5 Poison, +2 to save versus ongoing poison 
Wrestling Gloves: +1 to all defenses against grab escape attempts, grab attack rolls, and saving throws to catch self when falling
Ki Focus Expertise: +1 damage to bloodied enemies

ArkInBlack fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jun 5, 2014

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Doomykins posted:

I'll say! The Green occured almost a thousand years ago(OOC) and "even longer than Dwarven grandfathers can remember"(IC)

Hey now don't be rude they're very old :colbert:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hey, Lerissa WAS the person who the 'horn girl' was aimed. :colbert:

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Knitted Art posted:

Hey, Lerissa WAS the person who the 'horn girl' was aimed. :colbert:

"both" aimed at her :v:
Meaning Horn Girl was, but Muscle Head was not.

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
I'm gonna have to quit the game, sorry about this. It's a really good game though, Doomy, hope you all have fun with it!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

The replacement is Wahad, who may use his original submission(Psion/Swordmage) or make up a new Striker, Defender or Hybrid involving Striking or Defending(and anything else as long as you take one of those two.)

Wahad: Level to 5 and use the following for genned loot: One Level 6, One Level 5, Two Level 4s. Three Mundanes. No Gold.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Lucan Audley, Elven Ranger|Seeker Nature-touched Forward Scout and Hunter

Out in the swamps, there's a small village like so many others. Its inhabitants live in fear of the surroundings, huddling in their huts and farms. They don't go out much, kept within their town borders by the neighboring tribe of bullywugs and pixies, their lord ruling his brutish power over the villagers with angry boasts; and they hide, for they fear the Fey like smart people do.

Lucan's one of those villagers. His family is small (just him and his parents), like most others in the village, and poor too, like most others. But they're strong, and capable, and Lucan is no exception. As one of the villager's rangers, his task is to go out and hunt, to bring what meager food he can find back for the hungry. But spending so much time in the abundant wilds, where magic is so rife and untamed, changes any man who doesn't know how to protect himself. So too was Lucan changed, both without and within. The young, capable boy over the years turned into a lean, practiced hunter, who found himself more at home among the trees and undergrowth of the swamps than the stone-and-thatch houses of his community. His features became more gaunt, and - much to the villagers' initial disgust - grew horns! But as he was transformed by the wilds, so did he gain new powers. His arrows, swift and true, became infused with a primal magic.

Lucan himself doesn't quite know what to do with himself, now that he's so different. Sure, technically, he's still the same person; but anybody looking up him who doesn't know him might easily mistake him for one of the Fey, and what then? So he walks quietly, surefooted. Only his few friends see the real him; the young, genial ranger with a quick wit and a quicker helping hand. But among others, he is quiet, reserved, watching things carefully before deciding whether they are friend or foe.

pre:
Lucan   						 
HP: 45/45 (THP: )        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 16
Surges: 7/7 (V: 11)      For:  16    Passive Perception: 25
Initiative: +9   	 Ref:  18    Action Points: 1
Speed: 7     	         Will: 19    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

Agile Recovery          [ ] Disruptive Strike                [ ] Encaging Spirits
Grappling Spirits       [ ] Elven Accuracy                   [ ] Swarming Bats
Hunter's Quarry         [ ] Inevitable Shot                  [ ] Spitting-Cobra Stance
Twin Strike             [ ] Possessing Spirits
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Surefooted Stride

Item Powers
[ ] Greatbow of Speed (Encounter)
[ ] Shadowdance Armor (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:
Cloak of Distortion: You gain a +1 to all defenses against ranged attacks from more than 5 squares away.
Defensive Mobility: You gain a +2 bonus to AC against opportunity attacks.
Group Awareness: Non-elf allies within 5 squares gain a +1 racial bonus to Perception.
Resilient Focus: You gain a +2 bonus to saving throws.
Shadowdance Armor: Your ranged and area attacks don't provoke opportunity attacks.
Wild Step: Ignore difficult terrain when you shift. 

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Classtoise posted:

Did forum downtime kill it? :ohdear:

Forums have been back up for less than a day. Relax. (Also, make an actual Lerissa post, since I'm waiting on your reaction before I start smoothing all this over.)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah there is room for some PC posts but I'm definitely moving things forward Friday afternoon.

Haha I thought my pace was going a bit slow(every 3-4 days instead of every 1-2) but then forums go boom boom. Oh well. Just stick with it y'all.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Forums have been back up for less than a day. Relax. (Also, make an actual Lerissa post, since I'm waiting on your reaction before I start smoothing all this over.)

It was really my non-subtle way of saying "Hey we're back people should post now" :haw:

Also gettin' on a Lerissa post. Not sure what to do beyond "gently caress you, Dad"

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Sorry y'all I uh literally was thinking "I'm updating every 2-3 days that is a little slower than I'd like but not bad" and well here I am a week between posts feeling quite the lazy fool.

CoA is a game I want to pour love into so get ready to receive, sorry for my foolishness.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Hey Doom, are those black/red fire wall things like, rock, on fire rock, or what?

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Doomy,I am prepared to receive your hot blast of love.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

ArkInBlack posted:

Hey Doom, are those black/red fire wall things like, rock, on fire rock, or what?

They're walls of fire on a 30 foot vertical rise.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I'm pretty much settled in here in my new location, when's a good time for me to take William over again?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Updates resuming Saturday the 9th.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

My bad y'all, a thing came up. Updates resuming tomorrow night.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Kurieg posted:

I'm pretty much settled in here in my new location, when's a good time for me to take William over again?

You're up. I didn't use any of your powers or heals or do anything interesting with you! :downsgun:

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
By all means Doomy shove Sully as far down the left path until either his Passive Perception spots him something or until he bumbles into the obvious ambush.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Same!

Also, just moved in. No internet til Thursday. If I can wiggle my way into a friend's or they turn it on earlier, I might be able to make a real post.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Classtoise posted:

holding until LwW posts. If he doesn't post, I'll just move to X-25 up the stairs.

Funny story, I was waiting to see if you'd chop one of those deathballs in half before I did anything.

Anyway, why is everyone running upstairs? Is there somewhere to go besides the fifty foot drop into the oily hole William just blasted through the wall that I'm just missing?

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
I just want to point out that even when Lurks rolls for me Sully hasn't broken a 5 on a d20 since this leg of the fight started.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Funny story, I was waiting to see if you'd chop one of those deathballs in half before I did anything.

Anyway, why is everyone running upstairs? Is there somewhere to go besides the fifty foot drop into the oily hole William just blasted through the wall that I'm just missing?

There's a ladder now :smug:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Sep 19, 2014

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

I've been thinking it over a lot and although I still feel wretched I think I may feel better if I were to continue the game. I can understand if I've already driven everyone away. I guess I think I should at least ask.

It's a nice game. I have an idea of plot line from beginning to end. I don't have a problem with anyone, just myself, and that taints how I see things very often. I think I've made a mistake.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Good to see you are feeling better but... What about SBM? Is it going to return as well?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

That one had to be put down sometime.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

That's a shame, I really liked playing as Hecate and wanted to see a resolution to her and the others' stories.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Everyone has low points man. Don't fret, I've done stupid poo poo in fits of depression or stress before.

like bisecting a goblin!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Yeah, I have my bad days too. Unfortunately for me it usually involves my credit card and amazon purchases I really don't need.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
I'm sticking around. Gotta put all my bad dice luck somewhere, right?

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
As long as you're sure you won't burn yourself out doing it, I'm in. Your own well-being comes first, elfgames later.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Wahad posted:

As long as you're sure you won't burn yourself out doing it, I'm in. Your own well-being comes first, elfgames later.

Same here. I know I probably would have kept this closed if I was in your situation. Just do what you need to do, and if running CoA is one of those things I'll keep playing.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

ah, jeez. I er, should probably trust that people don't hate me as much as I think they do. Thanks guys.

:blush: Back at it then.

Also it occurred to me after the fact that the cannons would've been cooler if their every blast destroyed terrain and spread fire/oil. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Let me be the absolute first to say THANK loving CHRIST his NADs aren't also 25. Specifically his fortitude.

• Locked thread