Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Awk forgot to post before leaving IRC but William and Sariya are totes tsundere for each other and I'm shipping 'em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Leveled to 8
pre:
William
HP: 65/65 (THP: 0)	AC:   22	Passive Insight: 24
Surges: 11/11 (V: 16)	For:  12	Passive Perception: 21
Initiative: +7		Ref:  18	Action Points: 0
Speed: 5		Will: 24   

Melee basic attack (Bastard Sword):
1d20+10, 1d10+1d6+2 damage

At Will			Encounter		Daily
Brand of the Sun	[ ]Use Vulnerability	[ ]Nimbus of Holy Shielding
Blessing of Knowledge	[ ]Channel Divinity	[ ]Resurgent Strength
Singing Strike	 	 -Smite Undead		[ ]Inspire Fervor
			 -Knowledge to Spread	[ ]Holy Cleansing
			[ ][ ]Healing Word	[ ]Druid Healing Word
			[ ]Sudden Inspiration	[ ]Ressurection
			[ ]Thought Twister
			[ ]Inspired Steel
			[ ]Thought Storm
			Items			Items	
			[ ]Bold Victory Armor	[ ]Brooch of No Regrets
			[ ]Obsidian Hatchet			
                        [ ]Second Wind

Conditionals
-Resist 2 against Area and Ranged attacks
-Allies get +1 shield bonus to AC as long as William Wields a Shield
-When William uses healing word, each ally in the burst gets +1 to next saving throw before EOMNT
-Target of Healing Word gets +2 to all defenses until EOMNT
-Target of Healing Word can make a saving throw
-Can save vs Dazed or Stunned at beginning of turn.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
I updated my sheet, which means it's time to update my combat block.

pre:
Alena d'Montaigne
HP: 76/76 (THP: 0)	AC:   24	Passive Insight: 21
Surges: 9/9 (V: 19)	For:  16	Passive Perception: 18
Initiative: +5		Ref:  22	Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will: 22   

Melee basic attack (Longsword):
1d20+15, 1d8+7 damage

Resists:
Resist 5 Radiant (Pepper), Resist 3 All Non-Physical (Prismatic Red-Cloak, Doesn't Stack)

At Will			Encounter		Daily
Guiding Strike  	[ ]Dirty Deed   	[X]Slayer's Song
Vicious Mockery 	[ ]Fey Step             [ ]Song of Discord
        	 	[ ]Words of Friendship	Items
			[ ][ ]Majestic Word	[ ]Catstep Boots
			[ ]Blunder      	[ ]Bloodguard Shield
			[ ]Moment of Escape	[ ]Candle Band
			[ ]Cunning Ferocity
                        [ ]Second Wind
                        [ ]Revitalizing Incantation
                        [ ]Unluck

Conditionals
-Once per round, when an enemy attack misses an ally within 9 squares, 
 you can slide that ally 1 squares as a free action and slide an
 enemy adjacent to that ally into the space the ally left.
-When you miss an attack with this Inescapable Longsword, 
 gain a +1 bonus to the next attack roll against the target.
-Draw a sheathed weapon or retrieve a stowed item as a free action.
-When you fall or jump down, take half damage and always land on your feet.
-+2 Bluff, -2 Intimidate
-+5 to saving throws against charm effects
-+1 to Fey Step teleport and +2 to first attack per encounter.

Familiar: Pepper the Faerie
Passive: +2 Bluff and Resist Radiant 5
Active: Minor action, once per encounter when Pepper is adjacent to you gain 
        concealment until the start of my next turn

Candle Band: Head slot, +1 to Psychic attacks
Daily: Immediate Reaction when a spell-like ability is cast, get a weaker facsimile to cast once that day.

Also, in light of how fast we're leveling up, it's probably worth thinking about paragon paths. Personally, I'm probably going to go into Summer Rhymer if the game lasts long enough to reach level 11.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Oct 7, 2014

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sheet updated, here's a block to go with it.

pre:
Sullivan Schmidt   						 
HP: 69/69 (THP: )         AC:   24    Passive Insight: 17
Surges: 10/10 (V: 12)     For:  26    Passive Perception: 19
Initiative: +7   	 Ref:  20    Action Points: 1
Speed: 5     	         Will: 17    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Giant

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Grappling Strike        [ ] Guardian's Counter               [ ] Seize and Stab
Dual Strike             [ ] Furious Assault                  [ ] Rain of Steel
                        [ ] Funneling Flurry                 [ ] Dwarven Scale Armor (Item)
                        [ ] Forceful Drag                    [ ] Goblin Punch Technique (Item)
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Bull Charge
                        [ ] Makeshift Shield
                        [ ] Come and Get It

Conditionals/Resists:
Viper Belt: Resist 5 Poison, +2 to save versus ongoing poison 
Wrestling Gloves: +1 to all defenses against grab escape attempts, grab attack rolls, and saving throws to catch self when falling
Ki Focus Expertise: +1 damage to bloodied enemies
World Serpent Grasp: Slowed/Immobile Enemies I hit can be knocked Prone
Pin Down: Enemies I'm grabbing cannot stand up from Prone.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Also, in light of how fast we're leveling up, it's probably worth thinking about paragon paths. Personally, I'm probably going to go into Summer Rhymer if the game lasts long enough to reach level 11.

I'd probably get lynched if I didn't go Devout Warpriest, so that.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Eyeing Glorious Myrmidon and Kensai both. Kensai's probably the better choice but on the other hand no speed penalty and shift with action point. Mulling it over.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Level: Up! And apologies for the delay, schoolwork took a turn for the busy. Since I'm the only ranged guy, I guess I'm taking Baelwaag's Bolter.

pre:
Lucan   						 
HP: 60/60 (THP: )        AC:   22    Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 7/7 (V: 15)      For:  18    Passive Perception: 28
Initiative: +10   	 Ref:  21    Action Points: 1
Speed: 7     	         Will: 23    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Agile Recovery          [ ] Disruptive Strike                [ ] Encaging Spirits
Grappling Spirits       [ ] Elven Accuracy                   [ ] Swarming Bats
Hunter's Quarry         [ ] Feyjump Shot                     [ ] Spitting-Cobra Stance
Twin Strike             [ ] Inevitable Shot                  
                        [ ] Possessing Spirits
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Surefooted Stride
                        [ ] Weave Through The Fray

Item Powers
[ ] Bracers of Archery (Encounter)
[ ] Greatbow of Speed  (Encounter)
[ ] Shadowdance Armor  (Daily)
[ ] Split-shot Volley  (Encounter)

Conditionals/Resists:
Brutal Accuracy: If the rerolled attack granted by elven accuracy hits my quarry, the attack deals extra damage.
Cloak of Distortion: You gain a +1 to all defenses against ranged attacks from more than 5 squares away.
Defensive Mobility: You gain a +2 bonus to AC against opportunity attacks.
Group Awareness: Non-elf allies within 5 squares gain a +1 racial bonus to Perception.
Resilient Focus: You gain a +2 bonus to saving throws.
Shadowdance Armor: Your ranged and area attacks don't provoke opportunity attacks.
Superior Will: If you are dazed or stunned, you can make a saving throw at the start of my turn to end that effect,
even if the effect doesn't normally end on a save.
Wild Step: Ignore difficult terrain when you shift. 

Wahad fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Oct 13, 2014

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bracers of Mental Might picked!

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
I yoinked Bracers of Archery.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

I grabbed some Iron Armbands of Power, mostly because the CB will keep track of that kind of passive damage bonus for me instead of requiring any effort to track on my part.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I gave William some Piecemeal banded mail +1, which shouldn't impact his speed, but does anyway because that is apparently an intrinsic property of chain mail and they didn't code an escape for it like they did with eldritch serpent armor.

quote:

Banded mail consists of a suit of chainmail reinforced with layers of metal plates arranged in strips along the suit’s midsection. Banded mail offers the same level of protection as chainmail while proving lighter and more flexible. A warrior in banded mail moves as quickly as one in leather armor.

it also lets me ignore the first crit against AC in an encounter because sure.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
I guess I'll take Shoes of Water Walking. It does exactly what it says and now I can walk on water like it was ground. Rough water is difficult terrain.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Looks like Sully leapt out of the cart a little too fast, oh well, Classtoise wins the prize today

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
On boy, prizes! :neckbeard:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kurieg posted:

Looks like Sully leapt out of the cart a little too fast, oh well, Classtoise wins the prize today

The prize should be an AoE on your rear end for getting on the way :argh:!

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Okay maybe y'all were right and I do way too much goddamn damage.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Poor Tritops. Sully was gonna break him in like a wild stallion and then have a goddamn dinosaur mount/BFF. :smith:

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

William or Alena should know Raise Dead right :shepface:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

You only get the expanded crit range on the basilisk. The dinosaur might still be alive.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Nah, after Dread Smite, as soon as it takes the 5 ongoing it's gonna collapse.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

LurksWithWolves posted:

Note that, if you retroactively say that this happened before Sully used Grappling Strike, it would have let him hit with it.

I don't care if you guys coordinate teamwork in this way since I do my final review of actions when I update on my end. :shobon:

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Doomykins posted:

I don't care if you guys coordinate teamwork in this way since I do my final review of actions when I update on my end. :shobon:

This is good to know!

There's been times when I've been able to hit with a +1 that someone gave but it wore off at the end of their turn and they posted :sweatdrop:

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Oh it gets two attacks and I'm two hits from being fully petrified? WHO CARES FUCKIN' WRASSLE THAT COCK. :black101:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Comin back tonite, gonna post by then~

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Excuse you Lucan but Lerissa totally killed a dinosaur :smugbert:

ArkInBlack posted:

Oh it gets two attacks and I'm two hits from being fully petrified? WHO CARES FUCKIN' WRASSLE THAT COCK. :black101:

So what you're saying is Sully is rock hard at the prospect of grasping a big meaty cock.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

By the end of this encounter we're gonna make Doomykins regret making us fight a cockatrice one way or another :allears:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

If anything that was his intention.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

I take it we are experiencing some holiday slowness. Updating tomorrow night and caning shins for posts afterwards.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Sullivan "Garbage Dick" Schmidt has a nice ring to it.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Look if it's still intact it'd make a bitchin' weapon. Also I'm curious as to what's in the hole.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Sorry for the delays everybody I will resume updates Saturday also if anyone has any Holiday downtime they want to announce go for it. I have just been feeling very fatigued this week.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
I dunno what's more wasteful, Lerissa getting in the pit just to get out, or the entirety of what's in the pit.

Yeah I just wanted to get that dumb joke out there.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Man, Ilm exhausted that good will mighty fast :colbert:

"Yo alright help me out"
"Okay cool but first dig in some poop for my statue"

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

You ever just realize that you don't care about a game any more? Not even hate it, just not care enough to actually read the posts? Yeah, I'm kind of in that right now. Sorry for dropping out, everyone.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Yeah, I think I have to throw in the towel, too :(

Things have gotten to be really stressful around her, and I'm finding it really hard to get excited.

Sorry, everyone.

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
((Foreshadowing a new party member....))
----

“Freak!

“Monster!”

“You should have been strangled at birth!”

“..an abomination to nature!”

Despite her best efforts to be friendly, that was all Korinna ever heard from people when she first met them.

And sometimes, staring into the flickering flames of her campfire and shivering in the cold darkness just before dawn despite her cloak and blanket, she wondered if perhaps they were right.

==

She knew the story all too well. Her tormentors had constantly made sure that she was well aware of the circumstances of her birth.

Her father’s family line included great scholars, academics, and rulers for as long as any recorded history showed and was highly respected among the local people of the town of Ship's Haven. Her mother’s family was almost as auspicious, allegedly founded by the famous Rhaldur Wyrmslayer. However both families harboured a dark secret, buried deep within their histories.

Still the secret of each family would probably have remained such, had the young acolyte Jeyron Loremark not fallen in love with the beautiful Myndra Slayerkin. Unaware of the secret shame that loomed over the coupling, both families celebrated the wedding of the young lovers; a celebration that was echoed only months later when it was found that Myndra was with child.

=

It was only after everything happened that people started to look for omens and portents. Some claimed they had heard that the wine-stain left under the bride’s goblet on the wedding night resembled a dragon. Others claimed that they had found a dozen dead lizards in the broken remains of a baptismal font in a ruined church near the groom’s familial home. Yet more stated that they had seen green flames erupting from the surface of the moon on the night of the child’s birth. None of the claims were ever confirmed as true, yet all of them were accepted as fact.

=

The cries of the new-born babe echoing around the small cottage were the only sound as Jeyron looked at what was supposed to be his daughter. Suddenly the nature of the rumours of strange illness and maladies within his own family became all too clear to the young father. The dying revelation from his wife of a similar dark and secret past within her family and the sudden realization of what had happened drove Jeyron mad and he fled, shouting of the abhorrent nature of the newborn child even as his new wife Myndra breathed her last.

As the terrible rumour rapidly spread through the community the midwife who had helped with the birth, still horrified by what she saw, took up the child for some reason she could never explain (perhaps it was divine instruction, or perhaps it was just fate) and quickly left the town before the townspeople could rally together and take any action.

----

((Dun dun duuuunnnnn...))

OzCavalier fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jan 7, 2015

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Question time. One, can I make an escape attempt from his grab? Worth asking. Two, are the attacks the Red Cap gets the 2d8+8 or the 1d6+8 attack?

E: Let it be said I liked the "Alright Gang Split Up And Look For Clues" plan a lot better when both groups had a proper striker.

ArkInBlack fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Jan 7, 2015

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Yes.

2d8+8. As you were told, Red Caps are full of danger.

Also attack means any attack Power you have. Encounters, Dailies, At-Wills.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
So At-Wills then, since I've used and/or blown all my single target powers already.

To hell with it let's see how badly the dice want Sully dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

wait
I can drop a divine favor on you to give you a +2 bonus to hit and damage, and heal you to top you off before the mortal kombat starts.

Or I already used that.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jan 7, 2015

• Locked thread