Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
more friedman units
Jul 7, 2010

The next six months will be critical.

echronorian posted:

This expansion is a two parter so we'll see more soon

The two parts were included in TOB, escaping from Castle Wolfenstein and the village.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

echronorian posted:

Where are you basing this on. I'd like more Machine Games Wolfenstein but the TOB ends in a place where it would be hard to wedge another part in.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

echronorian posted:

You misheard because this:

more friedman units posted:

The two parts were included in TOB, escaping from Castle Wolfenstein and the village.

Is what the reality is.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

He's a little mixed up - the expansion IS a two-parter, but we got both parts at once: Rudi Jäger and the Den of Wolves, and whatever the Helga part's full name is.

Edit--beaten

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I just hope the full sequel features a cameo from some ram raiding cocky bank robbers, and by that I mean the Americans from Enemy Territory.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
They should make a mid-quel where you play as Deathshead

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Macaluso posted:

If its any nazi, it should be Frau Engel, wanna get murderin' with SS grandma.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Macaluso posted:

Surgeon Simulator 1947?

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008
Just buy the rights to Evil Genius from Sierra and drastically up the evil.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

echronorian posted:

TOB has two parts. They're just two halves of the same game.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Definitely Caroline Becker game and/or Anya game. Why not let the ladies get in on the Nazi-killing, right?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Speedball posted:

Definitely Caroline Becker game and/or Anya game. Why not let the ladies get in on the Nazi-killing, right?

Stealth gameplay, sneak in as Anya. Loud gameplay, Caroline's power armor.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Bethesda at e3 is going to

1. Show fallout 4 which is going to cop style from Fury Road
2. Talk TOB and show off a sequel
3. Doom 4 / beta news

In that order

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

They may show Dishonored 2 as well. I at least figure Doom 4 and maybe Fallout 4 will be announced.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
gently caress you both, I want all of them games. So when it turns out to be another 11 second trailer of doom 4 I'll be soundly disappointed. :argh:

Speedball posted:

Kibayasu posted:

Stealth gameplay, sneak in as Anya. Loud gameplay, Caroline's power armor.

A game where you play as Caroline in a post-BJ world (Lets just have him sleeping a nuke off, means there can be another wolf with BJ as the lead) as you take the fight to the US and Africa would be magical. :allears:

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
BJ and Anya have fraternal twins and you can choose to play as either one. Use BJ Jr on the cover art to satisfy the publishers so the rest of us can play as Anya's protegee Billie and kick Nazi rear end Black Widow style across irradiated occupied America.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I would honestly be totally down for a 2-player co-op Wolf game with BJ and Caroline or Anya. Especially if they did it FEAR 3 style where the characters actually play pretty differently instead of just being reskins.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Typing "Junior BJ" is gonna get everyone in this thread on an NSA list

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

echronorian posted:

Typing "Junior BJ" is gonna get everyone in this thread on an NSA list

William Joseph "BJ ""BlowJay"" Blazkowicz II

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I would honestly be totally down for a 2-player co-op Wolf game with BJ and Caroline or Anya. Especially if they did it FEAR 3 style where the characters actually play pretty differently instead of just being reskins.

Oh my god, let us play as Caroline in that sweet robot suit she gets. Don't make it an FPS though, make it more like Revengeance or Bayonetta and you can just go ham on waves of nazis

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Macaluso posted:

Oh my god, let us play as Caroline in that sweet robot suit she gets. Don't make it an FPS though, make it more like Revengeance or Bayonetta and you can just go ham on waves of nazis

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Macaluso posted:

I'm terrible at Revengeance :saddowns:

A stealth game would also not be a bad idea, considering how enjoyable the stealth was in TNO.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Serperoth posted:

I'm terrible at Revengeance :saddowns:

A stealth game would also not be a bad idea, considering how enjoyable the stealth was in TNO.

I would love to knife and bludgeon and pistol snipe. A melee emphasis could be really cool (with lots of new brutal kills).

Nearly platinumed TOB so I've seen all the content a few times and the writing is much weaker than TNO, the female characters are paper thin and eye roll inducing which I did Nazi coming.

Absence of new standout music is a shame, too. The best new song is the one that starts when BJ wakes up in the burning lodge.. It's more intense than a Nazi at a spelling bee.

Gameplay feels terrific, laying into heavies with dual shockhammers is the most cathartic thing.

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 09:20 on May 21, 2015

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

echronorian posted:

3. Doom 4 / beta news

In that order

How are they gonna cop Fury Road, given that it'll only have been out a few weeks and even the actual Mad Max game isn't copping Fury Road?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Because id is involved in development and fury road looks just like rage. If you think there isn't going to be some weird parallels you're crazy, the style in fallout was lifted straight from Mad Max and now you have all these younger people that have only seen fury road or played fallout 3.

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 09:25 on May 21, 2015

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I think his point is that fallout 4 has been in development for years now and fury road hasn't been out for that long. They can't revise a game's entire style and feel in a few weeks. There will be parallels for sure but that's more about fury road and fallout drawing from the same pool rather than one directly taking poo poo from the other.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Macaluso posted:

I hate you so much. This would be wonderful and now I'm imagining her snapping the necks of Nazi's to and fro. :allears:

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

The Panzerhund fight on the bridge is, indeed, total horseshit. You think it's annoying now, try it in the challenge mode. Don't gently caress up or you have to start over!

I... I didn't even know you could kill it. I just ran past it.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Bubbacub posted:

I... I didn't even know you could kill it. I just ran past it.

I'm pretty sure killing it isn't optional in the challenge mode.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I'm playing Wolfenstein (2009) - Windows DVD version for the first time. The game has been okay until now, but in the Castle level the loving game has started loving crashing basically at random and I have no idea why. I'm running the "Retrostein" mod, but have been all along.

CPU: Intel i7-4770 Processor (8M Cache, up to 3.90 Ghz)
Motherboard: Asus Z87-A (Intel Socket 1150)
RAM: 16 GB of DDR3 1600
Graphics Card: Geforce GTS 660 (2 GB, GDDR5 SDRAM PCI-E 3.0 x 16)

I can't even get into the next room. If I don't get a fix, I can't continue. Any suggestions?

EDIT: ...Wow, it's been so long that I've forgotten about manual patching. I hope v1.11 works...
EDIT 2: And it seems to have done the job, hooray.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 02:20 on May 22, 2015

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Finished TOB a couple days ago. Kind of underwhelmed. Characters could have used more fleshing out I think. Didn't really feel any connection to the antagonists...at least no where near TNO. Really over zombies in every single way possible...would have preferred more supersoldiers or walking nazi experiments like the electrocution dude with no legs from RTCW. The TNO surroundings/locations/design were some of my favorite in any videogame I've played. TOB felt like most everything else.

Still a solid game, just won't be replaying it time after time like TNO.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Question: Do you... get anything for beating the game on Mein Leben difficulty? I'd assume nobody knows because it seems like it'd be unbelievably hard, but it's the internet so surely someone is dedicated enough. Is it just for bragging rights?

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Bought RtCW on a whim, and decided to try out a game mod. It's a Russian mod so it's extremely challenging. There's some story about stopping a secret nazi weapons program centered around helicopters but I'm not paying any attention. They also replaced the Tommy gun with an MP44, those commie bastards! :argh:

Guess who just dropped in with me at 29 health and 7 armor, it's the god drat paratroopers. :gonk:

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Finished Wolf 2009. It was okay. Not a spectacular shooter. The powers were really drat generic. The one which lets you climb Veil Ladders or clip through Veil Walls was sadly very underused. It was almost entirely used for hiding Gold stashes or some mandatory "pass through the Veil Wall to proceed with the linear level". They could have done much more with it. Bullet Time was rather generic. The best one was the increased damage one, especially with the upgrades to let you pierce cover. Turn that on and you could shred basically everything easily.

Not a huge fan of the regenerating health mechanic, but I did like how they made Veil Energy quickly draining, but easily replenishable, so you can freely use it most of the time, but have to be prudent how you use it in larger fights. I missed the lack of shotgun and the lack of Venom (gatling) Gun. Funny enough, there were so many high-powered guns that I was spoilt for choice.

At least sitting though the extremely long credits had a payoff scene at the end, and apparently finishing the game unlocked a cheat menu, so I might try that out a bit - mostly just to unlock the damage power-up.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 03:23 on May 23, 2015

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Wolf 2009 had some good ideas and some good setpieces; I liked the hospital where you first meet the insane disappearing assassins. Or that gold could significantly upgrade certain weapons (your panzershrek is slow to aim and slow to reload at first) or weird bits like fighting in a train station where barrels that make gravity reverse are blowing up.

But overall I kinda got "ehhh" halfway through.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I had the uber trophy glitch in TNO (trophy wouldn't pop even beating it twice) and it just happened in TOB now, too.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

echronorian posted:

3. Doom 4 / beta news

In that order

Speaking of Doom 4. I wonder if that TNO pre-order incentive to try out the beta is still "a thing."

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Speedball posted:

Wolf 2009 had some good ideas and some good setpieces; I liked the hospital where you first meet the insane disappearing assassins. Or that gold could significantly upgrade certain weapons (your panzershrek is slow to aim and slow to reload at first) or weird bits like fighting in a train station where barrels that make gravity reverse are blowing up.

But overall I kinda got "ehhh" halfway through.

The farm with the secret base underneath was by far my favorite part of the game and I wish there would have been more wider open areas like that.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

echronorian posted:

I had the uber trophy glitch in TNO (trophy wouldn't pop even beating it twice) and it just happened in TOB now, too.

Wait, this is a thing? I only have to beat TNO on Uber to get the Plat and if this happens to me, I will be very irate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Vakal posted:

The farm with the secret base underneath was by far my favorite part of the game and I wish there would have been more wider open areas like that.

That's the level I most vividly remember, too. I mean, you are just fighting on a dumb farm for a while, when suddenly wait, huge underground super tech base??? Talk about a tone whiplash. You never expect it.

• Locked thread