Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have no idea when he went crazier or what did it. I'm also still mad because he left about 50 dangling plot threads in Liberty Meadows that he'll never wrap up because there's no money in it anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Rhyno posted:

I have no idea when he went crazier or what did it. I'm also still mad because he left about 50 dangling plot threads in Liberty Meadows that he'll never wrap up because there's no money in it anymore.

IIRC it was a slap fight with Robbi Rodriguez over a Spider Gwen variant cover Cho did for the Gwen Stacy variant cover month that mimicked that Spider Woman one with her rear end sticking up. Rodriguez kinda went overboard with his reaction, apologized for it, and then stopped talking about Cho. Cho meanwhile has still not let it go and is real mad because some people think in TYOOL 2016, maybe we should put more thought into how women are drawn in comics.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

People probably ask for him to do those kinds of covers now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DrProsek posted:

IIRC it was a slap fight with Robbi Rodriguez over a Spider Gwen variant cover Cho did for the Gwen Stacy variant cover month that mimicked that Spider Woman one with her rear end sticking up. Rodriguez kinda went overboard with his reaction, apologized for it, and then stopped talking about Cho. Cho meanwhile has still not let it go and is real mad because some people think in TYOOL 2016, maybe we should put more thought into how women are drawn in comics.

Well that's what set him off over OUTRAGE but he's been kind of a dick for several years now.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

My two-part test for buying potentially good things by lovely human beings:

First, does buying the thing enable their shittiness? Buying secondhand often avoids this. Example: Orson Scott Card uses his money to support homophobic as poo poo bigot groups and activities, so no way I'm supporting anything that brings him money or a public platform.

Second, will I be able to experience the thing without being constantly aware of the creator's shittiness? That is, will the person overshadow the experience for me? Example: I can't ever read Orson Scott Card books, because the whole time, I'd have a little part of my consciousness screaming five-alarm reminders that the dude is a huge loving bigot.

The second is subjective, so you can figure that one yourself; but for the first, I think that Cho would have an audience listening to him whether he were drawing Hulk or not, unless you're thinking incredibly long game and want to end his career so he fades from the industry eye more quickly than he might otherwise.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you support his Marvel books he's more likely to work for Marvel, making less than he could doing indie stuff.

If you don't buy his stuff you're just enabling him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I think his work on Hulk is pretty perfect for the kind of tone the book is setting. It's very much an adolescent male power fantasy character book and Cho's art works great for that. Shame to hear he's an MRA douche though.

• Locked thread