Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!
"Would you like to know more?"
SOLD.

That running sound, though. What, is everyone wearing swishy pants? Also, pretty sure Zeke ran down four flights of stairs in a matter of seconds when you jumped off that building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!

Calax posted:

For the record, Sucker Punch declared that the "Good" endings for both games were the ones they used as reference points (because something like 70% of people did the good ending first)

Oh cool. Having never played the games myself, I'm interested to see how well they do the "evil" side of the story. To be honest, in most games the "good" version seems to be more canon simply because it has a slightly better story (and 70% of the time the "evil" story is actually just the main character being a total rear end in a top hat).

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!
Yeah, "Because electricity" is definitely the best answer for the new superpowers that Cole suddenly has.

edit: And we see with the good/evil choice at the end of the video, that the "paths" don't really make much sense. 1) Why wouldn't you just tell him his wife dies either way? 2) As Jester said after Brandon tells you to kill everybody, "Wait that's GOOD?"

gregory fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Apr 24, 2014

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!
Oh okay...so the morality isn't very effective story-wise, but it makes a lot of difference in gameplay?

Which do you think is more fun, good gameplay or evil gameplay?

(Also, I forgot to mention this earlier, but Fragger & Jester have a really good co-commentating dynamic)

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!
So are Cole's buddies watching him through secret spy cameras or something? He walks up to a train *ring ring* "Hey Cole, see that train?" "Well, yeah, but...how do YOU see it?"

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!

Blind Sally posted:

They're not real. They're all hallucinations created as a side-effect of Cole becoming a conduit. That they existed before he was a conduit was an effect of his brain trying to cope by "filling in" troublesome gaps.

I know think this is a joke, but to be honest, it's actually rather believable definitely true.

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!
I just love that part right at the beginning when Cole stops to watch TV in the middle of a hectic firefight (and the TV report is about how things are settling down in the area where that very firefight is taking place)

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!
Ahaha, Cole's face when he goes "Hmmm" is the most hilarious part of this game.

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!
But seriously, I think THIS is the poster you should have chosen:

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!
So...is Moya a bad guy who's been leading us on this whole time, and she wants to kill John so he can't tell us whatever super secret information he has? Because I am totally getting that vibe right now.

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!
I have to give them credit, that was really well-done; they gave us plenty of obvious hints (and then flat-out told us) that Moya was a liar, and that someone was betraying us, and while we were busy wondering about who the bad guy was, Zeke just walked up and said, "Surprise!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!
Schrödinger's Trish: Before you make your choice, the woman hanging alone on the building is simultaneously Trish AND not-Trish.

• Locked thread