Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
I still call my cats "sweet little itty bitty baby kitties" or some variation. Even though they're almost 3 at this point. They're still my little teeny kittens. And Cael is my little "Caliegh Kitty cutie kitty cat" or whatever I can think of that starts with Cs or Ks.

Sometimes I just babble incoherent syllables at them since I figure they can't understand me anyway, what's the difference.
I also sing the "What does the Fox Say?" song but substitute Fox for Cat and all the other sounds with meows and peeps and purrs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
My Terra kitty doesn't really meow so much as makes pitiful peeping sounds. So I always call her Peeper, peepee, peeps, peepee pants, pooper, stinky poop pants, poopy butt. Stinky poops (her poops are stinky) . And she's grey so she gets called Gray baby and Grayby (like baby)

She responds to Terra and Peeper. The rest I think she ignores out of spite.

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
For anyone who hasn't seen the comic kaworu mentioned.
http://xkcd.com/231/
It's so true.

Also, my fiance acts all manly and will just say "Hey cat" while patting them on the head while I'm around. But I've caught him before cooing and sweet talking them before when I've come home or woken up when he thought I was still sleeping. :3:

Buggiezor fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Apr 27, 2014

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.

TunaSpleen posted:

...Poop Fiesta...

The best name.

I also tell my cats to not open the door for strangers. And to not eat the fish while I'm gone. (I dont think they even know that Betta exists)

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
After feeding cats a tiny piece of cheese:

What? You want more cheese? You love cheese more than life itself?
Well sorry, there's no more cheese. You can't have any more cheese. There will never be cheese again.

You at all the cheese.
I hope you're happy.

Ok one more piece...

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
A much as I hated this song when I first heard it, I catch myself singing it to my cats all the time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiaYDPRedWQ

Come come Kitty Kitty
You're so pretty pretty
Don't go kitty kitty
Play with me.

Buggiezor fucked around with this message at 02:44 on May 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
My mom feeds birds and squirrels in the backyard and hates when the neighbor's outdoor cats come into the yard to hunt. So she sends Gypsy her Dachshund out to chase the cats. Knowing full well they'll clear the fence before Gypsy can get them. So she knows the word "cat" and even if someone says it in a normal conversational tone, even in the middle of a sentence, she starts barking and going crazy at the back door.

Sometimes when I'm at my mom's I'll just simply ask "Gypsy? Did you hear any cats?" When she starts barking and mom asks what happened I play dumb.
I also love to babble at her in gibberish because her little head tilts are so freaking cute.
"Are you listening? Are you a listener? You're trying so hard to understand but you can't because you're a dog! Yes! You're a dog! CAT!!" Then I open the backdoor to run after nothing.

• Locked thread