Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Meanwhile, it seems the only way to get Rufus not to steal something is to tell him to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, really Cletus was completely truthful at the start of the game about what he was intending. He didn't think it was going to work, but he was upfront about it. Rufus just doesn't care about anything but himself. I mean, this game happened in large part because the most important thing to him was eating a lollipop.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, seeing how Rufus responds to a fan, I have to wonder why Cletus never just comprehensively distracted him with flattery.

Other than, you know, having to flatter Rufus.

...objection withdrawn.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh god. Here I was hoping we'd just get caught up in cult bullshit and Rufus was playing the canny protagonist for no reason whatsoever. But no, this apparently is what we're doing.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Doc and Bozo trying to hide Goal was pretty hilarious there.

Also these clowns really did need to do a Scooby-Doo door sequence sooner or later.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Rufus's little letter-opener poetry was really the highlight of that episode for me.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's... actually really dark, thinking that Rufus won't ever learn from his mistakes. Like, even this. Even screwing up so hard that he wants to die, he will still not learn from, because he can't.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Rufus, you shouldn't have embarked on a plan that required you to cooperate with anyone. Even if it was yourself.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
And now I find myself wondering how we'll get Bambina from the Floating Black Market to Porta Fisco before the world ends. She's been mentioned too much to not show up.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh lord, Rufus is just finding new and terrible ways to be a complete jerk.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's just so... so Rufus to undercut his own attempts at kindness by doing something so terrible.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's kind of weird that the living Rufus is the one who's going to fire himself in a tin can out of a planet-buster cannon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Dr. Buttass posted:

I think we'd have gotten a much better trilogy if it were about Goal, and Rufus, if he were in it at all, were just a supporting character.

Rufus can have the first game. But I do like your idea for the other/others. I mean, we know Rufus by then, right? We can just flash offscreen to him encountering some common obstacle, and then when Goal gets there he's made his usual hash of things.

• Locked thread