Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

~A-a h-h-hentai? W-w-w-with me senpai?~ :nyoron:
Hello Everyone, And welcome to Let's Play the Two Worlds series.

In this LP I will be playing through both Two Worlds, And Two Worlds II entirely. This includes the DLC for Two Worlds II. Both will be played Blind with post commentary, And will be done with rotating guests. With videos planned to be done once or twice a week.

I don't plan on this being a 100% run of both games, But I will try and do as much as I can as the games progress. Basically, We'll see how it goes.

Now that we have all that stuff out of the way, Let's talk about the actual game, Shall we?

Both Two Worlds games are developed by Reality Pump and published by TopWare Interactive.

Two Worlds was first released on May 9, 2007 in the EU, And in late August for the US, CAN, And the EU X-Box version. While Two Worlds II was first released on November 12, 2010 in the EU, And slowly got released on other systems, And in other regions, Until the last version, Which was released on February 24, 2011 in Australasia.

Both games are Third Person open world RPGs. Unfortunately, Both games, In most respects, Are at best mediocre and at worst rather bad, With the first Two Worlds being the worst all around. They are janky, Clunky, and frequently poorly executed.

However, They both have one thing in common, That they are best known for. The magic system.

The magic system in both games, Is rather in-depth and interesting, Allowing you to combine various effects to create a multitude of unique spells. This makes spellcasting in this game very interesting and fun compared to other games of it's kind. Two Worlds II refines the magic system, Along with other features, Making it more enjoyable. Although, It still doesn't make up for the downfalls of the rest of the game.

Join me as we find out why these games aren't the amazing RPGs they could have bin, Or perhaps find out they're not as bad as made out to be. Only one way to find out, Now isn't there?

*For the entirety of this thread, Please do not spoil anything. If it hasn't bin seen or encountered yet, Pretend it doesn't exist. Things like Magic, Weapons, Armor and such are free to talk about. I want to try and keep me and my co-commentators, Along with anyone else fresh to all this, Remains as fresh as possible. So, No talking about spoilers please.*

Now, How about we go on one hell of an adventure?

*Update*
I will be showing off the multiplayer modes as best I can. Perhaps a few videos with live commentary of a session. I'm not exactly sure of all the details, But I will probably save it for later in the LP, Or after I'v finished singleplayer. It all depends.

*Update of the Update*
Multiplayer will be covered in an event style. I will announce a few days beforehand when I will be doing the videos, And what server I'll be on. Anyone is welcome to join in if they want. Should be a hell of a party.

Xumtosis fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Apr 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

-Two Worlds-

Part 1 - gently caress it. Let's do this.

Part 2 - Everything is going according to plan, I swear.

Part 3 - Horses are great.

Part 4 - Merchants Guild.

Part 5 - Orcs.

[REDACTED]

Part 7 - Kill Me Please.

-Two Worlds II-

*Not Started*

Xumtosis fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jul 20, 2014

Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

Because of the glorious powers at YouTube, The video wont be available to watch quite yet. I'll make sure to get the update up as quick as I can. For now, Feel free to talk about the game and possible requests for the LP. Sorry about this folks.

Dyslexiactic
Mar 1, 2011

I'm angry and I want to express it somehow.
:sun:
Just a brief note before the LP starts - you may want to tidy up the spelling and grammar in your OP (for example, "bin" vs. "been" and using capitalisation following commas).

I'm not particularly put off by these errors, but others might be and you want the focus in your thread to be on your video updates and not the OP posters will see beforehand.

Bacchante
May 2, 2012

Friends don't let friends do sarcasm.
By all accounts, from what I heard in a recent Ritcheyz stream, it's a sign of his deteriorating sanity.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
This is the game with item names like the Wooden Persuader club, right?

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
The wooden club you're thinking of is in fact, Knotty Naughty, which can be combined with itself dozens of times until it's like the most powerful weapon in the game. This game also has the most rain hating protagonist ever written.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

For all its terribleness I had a lot of fun with Two Worlds, but couldn't get more than a couple hours into the sequel. They removed most of the funny-awful stuff and just left the awful. I made my dude look like the pointman from FEAR 3 though, so that was fun.

Robo Turnus posted:

The wooden club you're thinking of is in fact, Knotty Naughty, which can be combined with itself dozens of times until it's like the most powerful weapon in the game. This game also has the most rain hating protagonist ever written.

Drip drip drop.

Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

The update is up now. Sorry about the delay.
Part 1 - gently caress it. Let's do this.
I'm a bit quite in this one. Something happened during the audio editing I'd guess. I'll make sure to fix it for next time.

countzio
Jan 30, 2014

Bacchante posted:

By all accounts, from what I heard in a recent Ritcheyz stream, it's a sign of his deteriorating sanity.

What kind of person would cause a man to go insane over a $2 gift?

(Hint: It's me.)

supermikhail
Nov 17, 2012

"It's video games, Scully."
Video games?"
"He enlists the help of strangers to make his perfect video game. When he gets bored of an idea, he murders them and moves on to the next, learning nothing in the process."
"Hmm... interesting."
Okay, I think traditionally the protagonist is called Twoworldsman (I'm pretty sure by now those videos are gone, though). Also, why aren't you taping stuff together? Green is the prompt, right? Also also, is there going to be the traditional backwards-dashing?

Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

supermikhail posted:

Okay, I think traditionally the protagonist is called Twoworldsman (I'm pretty sure by now those videos are gone, though). Also, why aren't you taping stuff together? Green is the prompt, right? Also also, is there going to be the traditional backwards-dashing?

I didn't know you could combine weapons until a few of you in the thread mentioned it. I'll be sure to do that when I get the chance. Next video is already done though, So I think in the third or fourth one I'll go over alchemy and the weapon stuff.

And, If it's a dumb or silly thing, You can bet I'll do my best to show it off once I figure it out.

Bacchante
May 2, 2012

countzio posted:

What kind of person would cause a man to go insane over a $2 gift?

(Hint: It's me.)

I like the cut of your jib, good sir. Nicely done. We shall thank you for all the suffering that we observe over the next however-many updates it is before the game kills Xumtosis. Or Xumtosis kills the game, I'm not picky.

AnEvilHerbivore
Feb 17, 2013

I will eat all of the leaves on this tree. I will eat more leaves than I should, and then other giraffes may die.

Bacchante posted:

Or Xumtosis kills the game, I'm not picky.

I am assured that this will be the case, one way or another.

Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

This is a bit of a shot in the dark, But would anyone happen to know a way to increase the weight or inventory limit? I'm trying to figure it out so I don't have to screw around selling stuff as much. Would make the LP a bit easier to do. So far, I'm not having any luck. Figured I'd give asking here a shot while I keep searching.

AnEvilHerbivore posted:

I am assured that this will be the case, one way or another.

Also, Yes. I will do my best to break the poo poo out of these games.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

supermikhail posted:

Okay, I think traditionally the protagonist is called Twoworldsman
This is and will always be canon :colbert:

Hey, Xumtosis, you're playing this somewhat blind, right? If so, what cool secrets and protips can we spoil?

Xumtosis posted:

I think in the third or fourth one I'll go over alchemy
Alchemy would be such a protip.

Xumtosis posted:

This is a bit of a shot in the dark, But would anyone happen to know a way to increase the weight or inventory limit?
I think there's mods or ini tweaks for that, but it's been a while and I don't really recall. Though, your weight limit will also rise with your strength. So if you level it a bit, it's not that much of an issue anymore. However, if you wan't to cut down time for the LP, I guess you can be a picky looter while recording, create temporary stashes in random chests, or just off-screen loot dungeons after running through them? Thing is, this game is mainly a loot simulator, and you have to steal a lot to get the good drops. And of course, you need tons of similar items to tape them together. Seriously, robbing this fanatasy land is much more important than doing quests or the story. Because that's the way to real power. Or at least, not having the difficulty curve slap you in the face eventually.

RBA Starblade posted:

For all its terribleness I had a lot of fun with Two Worlds, but couldn't get more than a couple hours into the sequel.
Same. The first game is goodbad enough for me, and I seriously had lots of fun with it. The second one however is complete garbage.

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Apr 24, 2014

Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

Tin Tim posted:

Hey, Xumtosis, you're playing this somewhat blind, right? If so, what cool secrets and protips can we spoil?

I'd say anything related to the gameplay itself is alright to talk about. Things like items, spells, abilities and all that kinda stuff. I only really care about any silly story stuff being ruined before we get to it.

Tin Tim posted:

I think there's mods or ini tweaks for that, but it's been a while and I don't really recall. Though, your weight limit will also rise with your strength. So if you level it a bit, it's not that much of an issue anymore. However, if you wan't to cut down time for the LP, I guess you can be a picky looter while recording, create temporary stashes in random chests, or just off-screen loot dungeons after running through them? Thing is, this game is mainly a loot simulator, and you have to steal a lot to get the good drops. And of course, you need tons of similar items to tape them together. Seriously, robbing this fanatasy land is much more important than doing quests or the story. Because that's the way to real power. Or at least, not having the difficulty curve slap you in the face eventually.

I know about mods and stuff, But 1.7 doesn't seem to have much in the way of mod support. I also can't really find a guide on the file tweaks.

In the second video I would just stop recording when I got to an area with a bunch of loot, Sell it, Then start recording again. I'd just prefer if I can grab everything throughout a video and not have to deal with selling or anything until I'm done recording. If I can't find a way to get rid of the limit, I'll probably just deal with it. I'm just one of those people that has to grab every single piece of loot I see. I just... I JUST CAN'T HELP IT.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Xumtosis posted:

I'd say anything related to the gameplay itself is alright to talk about. Things like items, spells, abilities and all that kinda stuff. I only really care about any silly story stuff being ruined before we get to it.
Aight, I have some time later and will make a little effort post about the path to power.

Xumtosis posted:

I know about mods and stuff, But 1.7 doesn't seem to have much in the way of mod support. I also can't really find a guide on the file tweaks.
I did a short search, but also couldn't find much. Seems like you have to deal with it. And aside from that, your inventory also has a hard cap when it comes to space. So no matter how high your carry weight is, the size of the inventory page can't be increased. Dunno how far you are into the game by now, but there is a certain quest which helps with some troubles of looting/selling. Next to the first little town you found, are some guys in white robes. One of them will unlock the fast travel system in this game, and if you do his whole quest chain, you'll get three small teleporter stones that you can put down/pick up at leisure. So you can just warp out in the middle of a dungeon and sell all your crap before warping back in. Of course, you first have to activate the proper teleporters next to towns and stuff, but it helps a whole lot. And since your little teleporters are persistent, you can also just place one next to your merchant of choice and always warp into his face instantly.

Also, since you said you wanted to be a master mage, let me say a few words about magic and your character. First up, the power of your spells does not depend on your character. Spells get more powerful when you buy/loot extra copies of them and stack them. Doesn't matter if you're level 50. If you only have one copy of fireball, it's going to be shameful no matter what. There are also booster cards for the three slots in the middle, but you also have to buy/loot them. Most offensive spells are good, and you can't really go wrong with picking a school. However, I think fire is one of the best schools. And necromancy is also nice but has to be unlocked by a master trainer. Summons are somewhat useless to be honest. Yeah, they can distract foes, but their melee animation is bugged and they will constantly swing while being out of range. If you want summons, use stuff that has ranged attacks.

When it comes to skills, a mage wants to focus one one or two magic schools at first. You can branch out later if you have the points. Also, you need some meele as backup, so either go with staves or shield+1h weapon. Two handed/dual wield is better suited for builds with lots of beef. You can circumvent that with abusing alchemy, but it'll take some time till you'll be ready for that. Otherwise, passive skills are much more useful than active combat skills. I always played a pure melee build, and honestly never used more than one or two active skills. Having more balance/crit/def/damage is just plain better. And max out lockpick ASAP. It governs your chances to pick stronger locks, and reduces the need to carry a ton of picks to make up for your failures. Alchemy is also a priority skill, but you need rare items to make full use of it, so you can kinda neglect it until you are halfway through the game. Or at least until you have collected a good stash of the right ingredients. Oh, another important part about alchemy, is that you should never use ingredients with permanent boosts before you maxed the skill. Just trust me on this one. Also, never invest in horse skills or swimming. It's a total waste. I would also advise against sneak, steal and traps. Some players like em, but I never got enough use out of them to warrant the costs.

And lastly, if you're not already using a walkthrough, I suggest this one. It also has maps with secret dungeons and poo poo.

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Apr 24, 2014

Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

Tin Tim posted:

Aight, I have some time later and will make a little effort post about the path to power.

I did a short search, but also couldn't find much. Seems like you have to deal with it. And aside from that, your inventory also has a hard cap when it comes to space. So no matter how high your carry weight is, the size of the inventory page can't be increased. Dunno how far you are into the game by now, but there is a certain quest which helps with some troubles of looting/selling. Next to the first little town you found, are some guys in white robes. One of them will unlock the fast travel system in this game, and if you do his whole quest chain, you'll get three small teleporter stones that you can put down/pick up at leisure. So you can just warp out in the middle of a dungeon and sell all your crap before warping back in. Of course, you first have to activate the proper teleporters next to towns and stuff, but it helps a whole lot. And since your little teleporters are persistent, you can also just place one next to your merchant of choice and always warp into his face instantly.

Also, since you said you wanted to be a master mage, let me say a few words about magic and your character. First up, the power of your spells does not depend on your character. Spells get more powerful when you buy/loot extra copies of them and stack them. Doesn't matter if you're level 50. If you only have one copy of fireball, it's going to be shameful no matter what. There are also booster cards for the three slots in the middle, but you also have to buy/loot them. Most offensive spells are good, and you can't really go wrong with picking a school. However, I think fire is one of the best schools. And necromancy is also nice but has to be unlocked by a master trainer. Summons are somewhat useless to be honest. Yeah, they can distract foes, but their melee animation is bugged and they will constantly swing while being out of range. If you want summons, use stuff that has ranged attacks.

When it comes to skills, a mage wants to focus one one or two magic schools at first. You can branch out later if you have the points. Also, you need some meele as backup, so either go with staves or shield+1h weapon. Two handed/dual wield is better suited for builds with lots of beef. You can circumvent that with abusing alchemy, but it'll take some time till you'll be ready for that. Otherwise, passive skills are much more useful than active combat skills. I always played a pure melee build, and honestly never used more than one or two active skills. Having more balance/crit/def/damage is just plain better. And max out lockpick ASAP. It governs your chances to pick stronger locks, and reduces the need to carry a ton of picks to make up for your failures. Alchemy is also a priority skill, but you need rare items to make full use of it, so you can kinda neglect it until you are halfway through the game. Or at least until you have collected a good stash of the right ingredients. Oh, another important part about alchemy, is that you should never use ingredients with permanent boosts before you maxed the skill. Just trust me on this one. Also, never invest in horse skills or swimming. It's a total waste. I would also advise against sneak, steal and traps. Some players like em, but I never got enough use out of them to warrant the costs.

And lastly, if you're not already using a walkthrough, I suggest this one. It also has maps with secret dungeons and poo poo.

Hmm. I'll have to check that walkthrough out at some point. Don't want to be bumbling around blindly too much. Thanks for that.

I did figure I'd have to deal with it. Ah, Well. I'v already activated the teleporters, And now I'm on the quest to get the stuff for him to make the stone. I didn't know the teleport stone you get works like that, So maybe it's not so bad after all.

Also, Thanks for all the game tips. I may have to make a second character and test some of this stuff out. I think the TWCP let's me do that. I'm probably going to try and go for a kind of Knight-Mage thing. I'v always liked playing melee builds in these types of games, But I still want to show off the magic and all that. I have heard a bit about plate armor being a pain in the rear end in this game, So I may have to go without that. I'll see when I get some.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You should spend 20 minutes stunlocking a single enemy.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

goatface posted:

You should spend 20 minutes stunlocking a single enemy.
Twoworldsman's greatest hits

Xumtosis posted:

I'v already activated the teleporters, And now I'm on the quest to get the stuff for him to make the stone. I didn't know the teleport stone you get works like that, So maybe it's not so bad after all.

I have heard a bit about plate armor being a pain in the rear end in this game, So I may have to go without that. I'll see when I get some.
Yeah, the stones are super handy! Another method for looting are horses. There are a bunch of them around on the map(even different models), and they have an inventory just like you.

Plate has some drawbacks, yes. You can't dual wield, use bows or swim in plate. But really, that's not a huge deal if you don't wanna use those things anyway. And when it comes to swimming, you can just uneqip the pieces that forbid it, and put them back on when you're done. Plate is also kinda heavy, but once you hit the weight cap(500), it's no problem. With that said though, there are lighter armor sets that you can use, but you probably need to stack them for max power.

Also, I've just finished writing a bunch of words about Two Worlds, and feel like a huge nerd :spergin:

Two Worlds 101 - The Path To Power Is Paved With Your Time

Two Worlds has many problems, but the biggest is the difficulty curve. If you just play it like a normal RPG, by which I mean follow the plot and do all the sidequests you can find, you will not keep up with the curve. It's as simple as that. You at least need to invest some time to hunt for good gear that you also need to tape together, so that your shiny sword will not turn into a toothpick when you encounter a new breed of enemies. There is more to say about the curve, but that would take too many words, so let's focus on how to turn Twoworldsman into a walking God.

Looting

The most important aspect of the game. Seriously. Your gear has a huge impact, and you also need other things like spell cards and alchemy ingredients if you want to break the game. You really want to loot every chest that you can find, and kill any humanoid enemy that you encounter for their drops. To understand why, you first need to know how the loot generation in this game works. It's governed by a table that is tied to your level and the loot source. That means you'll never find a magic plate armor in the pocket of a smelly goblin, but you also won't find a crappy club in a shiny chest. By knowing that, you can see that looting generally gets more profitable the higher your level is. That's why it's usually best to only do serious looting trips when you've reached Lv15 or beyond. Othwerwise you'll collect gear that may become trash too fast. And another sneaky factor is that the best armors in the game are tied to a kinda narrow level range, but I'll get into that later.

When it comes to deciding what things you keep, and what you can sell, you need to do a bit of research. Merchants are tied to your level, and every level range has a selection of weapons and like five different sets of armor. Armor sets are a big deal, because wearing a full set gives huge bonuses. Armor pieces have a number in their info window, and that shows what set they belong to. One of the sets per level range is also better than all the others, so there is more number crunching to do if you want to get the best of it. However, it's not really necessary until you reach the best sets. When it comes to weapons, there are also some which are plain better than others in the long run, but don't worry too much about it. It mostly depends on how you want to play. Just compare what merchants have to offer, and decide on one weapon that shows up often so that you can buy copies for taping them together.

Avanced Looting

With the info of the previous part, let's look at how you get the most out of the loot in the game. Most players don't realize this, but you can actually loot almost every chest in all the towns on the map. But it takes a bit of knowledge and patience. The first important part, is understanding the law system. If an owner of a container sees you unlock it, they'll go hostile and you have to kill em. This leads to troubles with the guard and other Npcs, and we don't want that. Now, since the game has a day/night cycle and routines that Npcs go through, it's often possible to just wait in their house until they leave. Some npcs are static and can sometimes see/hear you unlock their stuff through walls/ceilings, so have a finger on the quicksave to check what you can get away with. The other important part of the law system is understanding how fines work. The large towns have tons of houses that are locked during the day, and if a guard sees you unlocking them, they'll home in on you to give you a fine. And here is where the trick comes in. Fines are based on how much gold you carry. There is a minimum, but it's real cheap. Just drop your gold on the ground and keep like a hundred, make a mad unlocking dash through town, and then pay a few coins to the cloud of guards behind you. After that, you can leisurely loot all those houses, as long as their owners aren't around. And since there are three major and a few minor towns on the map, you can get ridiculous amounts of great drops this way. Bonus points if you quicksave before opening a chest, because the content can be save scummed to a degree.

Now, with that knowledge out, let's get back to the best armor sets that I mentioned earlier. In their infinite wisdom, the devs decided to tie those sets to a specific level range, and if you bypass it, they'll stop showing up. Iirc, the sets start to show up in your early thirties, drop consistently around 35, and start to disapear when you move towards 40. You can rarely find an enchanted piece after that, but enchantments limit your taping cap and lots of them are garbage that you don't want. That's kind of a dick move! So the only way to make sure that you get enough pieces of your chosen set for max taping, is to abuse the loot system at that specific point. You really want to bypass all the chests in the major and some of the minor towns, and do one huge disgusting looting spree around Lv35. Not only for the armor, but also because that level range will give you lots of good spell cards and alchemy ingredients.

Alchemy

This system is how you get your character to have tripple digit atrributes and insane resistances! In the olden days, it was hillariously broken. And while it has been balanced a bit, it's still awesome if you understand it. First, let's talk about the ingredients. They'll either have temporary buffs, or permanent boons. And you want to focus on the latter. Most of them can be found via loot, but some are also almost exclusively found on enemies, animals or as flowers. Making the most of the alchemy system takes some time, because you need to gather lots of similar ingredients to get the best potions. The other important factors are your skill and the type of the ingredients. Your skill governs how potent your potions are, so you really want to wait until you have it maxed(+100% power). Using only ingredients that boost the same thing will give more bonus power, and using only the same ingredients gives even more. So if you make a potion out of a bunch of beaver fat, you end up with permanent boost of like +90 to your health attribute. Keep in mind that this doesn't translate into 90hp, but gives you a hp increase for every single point. Just like when you level up normally. Want to have 10k+ health? Drink a beaver potion and laugh while you do it! This can be done for all your attributes and resistances, and makes you almost untouchable.

Combat

Not necessarily something that you can break, but understanding it's nuances can substitute for raw power. First, melee rules all. Magic and bows have their use, but melee is the best combat form. Why you ask? Well, even if there is no real skill behind it, it does have some sneaky things to it and has the highst DPS. First, melee hits stun. Well, every from of hit does, but melee usually allows you to better take advantage of it due to your attack speed. If you hit something during its attack animation, you'll often cancel it out. And if you're fast enough, just rinse and repeat. Large foes usually are harder to cancel, but they also telegraph their attacks. And this is where your dodge comes into play. Twoworldsman can make a short leap back, to dodge swings. Large creatures are slow, so you can just evade their blow, and close in again with the movement of your attack animations. Just repeat that, and you can beat anything that only attacks with melee. Yeah, you can straight up kill huge beasts at lv1, if you abuse this fully. It's tedious as hell, but possible. Another important aspect is the movement during your attack animations. It's a bit hard to explain, but if you click your attack button a bunch of times, Twoworldsman will chain his swings together. If you get a feel for the movement and direction during that, you can endlessly step through groups of enemies while you maul them as long as you don't get hit. Two handed weapons are especially good for that, since they have added reach and the animation timing is better than with other weapons. It's seriously great to charge into a group of orcs, only to ballet step them to death.

When it comes to magic, I have to say that I never used too much of it. Thing is, to make magic work good, you need to max out the schools of your choice. And you also need several copies of your spells to boost their power. Yeah, your character doesn't really influence your spell power. It only matters how many drat spell cards you can stack. In the same vein, there are different booster cards that you can equip and stack, which increase power, duration or reduce mana costs. Though, it should be said that summons are kinda bugged, and will mostly swing while being out of range. They really have problems with getting close enough to actually hit. So ranged summons, like skeleton archers, should be used instead of them.

Character Builds

This is somewhat up to your taste, but imo, melee builds are the best. Yeah, you can dabble in a bit of magic too, but hitting things works best. When it comes to skills, passive boosts will get you farther than most of the active skills. Don't get me wrong, a few are good. Deadly Pirouette and Dirty Trick are good for melee builds for instance. But most of the other skills come with too many drawbacks for my taste. Why gently caress around with them when you can just hit things and be done with it? The only exception are bow skills, because you'll need them if you want to make bows work. But most of your foes use melee, so a bow user will spend a lot of time trying to keep them at distance. I think two handed swords are the best weapons in the game, though dual wielding can also have its merits when you get good enough weapons. Other than that, max lockpick ASAP, and max alchemy on the way. The rest of your points can go into some magic or passives. And skip riding and swimming. It's a total waste.

How you spend your attributes also greatly depends on your choice of play, but strength and health is important for everyone. Even if you want to be mage only, you need strength to carry poo poo in your inventory, and some hp to tank a hit or two. Will governs you mana, so it's mostly for mages, but you'll also find tons of mana potions in chests. So even a smaller mana bar can work, if you chug potions constantly. Dex is kind of weird stat, as it governs you chance to hit, your defense, and bow damage. You shouldn't neglect it, but only bow users need to favor it. However, since you can boost your attributes with alchemy, you can basically make anything work after that.

Welp, now you know almost everything that you need to break the game. The only thing you have to invest is your time :)

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Apr 24, 2014

Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

Tin Tim posted:

Welp, now you know almost everything that you need to break the game. The only thing you have to invest is your time :)

Thanks a bunch for all the info. After I get the second video up, I think I'm gona do some upgrading and check some of this stuff out off camera before I record for the next one. I already noticed a difficulty curve, Especially since I didn't know about weapon and armor combining. I'll have to check the specific rules for some of this, But you'v helped out quite a bit.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Godspeed, you crazy bastard.

supermikhail posted:

Okay, I think traditionally the protagonist is called Twoworldsman (I'm pretty sure by now those videos are gone, though)

Actually, they're still on Admiral Curtiss's Dropbox, minus the Two Worlds 2 videos, but those are still available on non-Blip hosts.

Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

I just remembered that both of these games have a multiplayer mode. I will do my best to show these off in some way. I'v updated the OP with more info.

Bacchante
May 2, 2012

'Ey, Xumtosis. This might be whatcha lookin' for, although I have no idea if it works for the 1.7 patch of this... wonderful... game. So full of wonder. In any case, that's the best I could find after a fair bit of interwebs crawling. Sadly, I doubt it'll quite help. Looking through the forum it came for, there were a few things about weight limits so it looks like it should be possible. From what I can tell, you'd just need to alter how much carry weight you get from leveling strength? I'll see what I can do. Enjoy your suffering!

EDIT: I'm gonna install this... thing... and see if I can deconstruct the files a bit for you. If I get a working solution, I'll let you know.

Bacchante fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Apr 25, 2014

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I bought TW1 because of the previous thread and spent 15 hours going most everywhere I think you can go.

It was real dumb, had a blast with it.

Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

Bacchante posted:

'Ey, Xumtosis. This might be whatcha lookin' for, although I have no idea if it works for the 1.7 patch of this... wonderful... game. So full of wonder. In any case, that's the best I could find after a fair bit of interwebs crawling. Sadly, I doubt it'll quite help. Looking through the forum it came for, there were a few things about weight limits so it looks like it should be possible. From what I can tell, you'd just need to alter how much carry weight you get from leveling strength? I'll see what I can do. Enjoy your suffering!

EDIT: I'm gonna install this... thing... and see if I can deconstruct the files a bit for you. If I get a working solution, I'll let you know.

Thanks for all that. I already have the Control panel, But I don't think any mods I can download with it actually work for 1.7. Seems the modding community died out before 1.7 came out. Some don't even work on 1.6. Always a good sign.

I have read a few things talking about editing things like item weight and how much space things takes up in the inventory, But can't find a place where it's explained in detail how to do it.

I appreciate the help. If I can get the inventory stuff done, It'll make recording a lot simpler. Let's hope one of us can figure it out.

ritcheyz
Dec 25, 2008

You've gotta be crazy
Gotta have a real need
Something happened and I think some alcohol might have been involved...

Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

ritcheyz posted:

Something happened and I think some alcohol might have been involved...

Another one to suffer with me. The multiplayer video will be the best loving thing at this rate.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Oh god, what? Multiplayer video? I do have a copy of both games. Never tried the multiplayer, though.

Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

Schubalts posted:

Oh god, what? Multiplayer video? I do have a copy of both games. Never tried the multiplayer, though.

Hmm. Maybe I'll do an event kinda thing for the multiplayer. We can try and see how much of a clusterfuck we can make this thing.

Bacchante
May 2, 2012

I would be highly willing to suffer along with you to the best of my abilities. Which may not be very high. But at least I might be able to contribute some modding support for this piece of... Game. Also: Ritcheyz, you fool. What hath you wrought?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Two Worlds is the best Oblivion clone cause it's so wonderfully incompetent. This is a game where two faction leaders are voiced by the exact same dude, with no attempt to alter his voice.

Also, this is probably the best place to ask, anyone know if the old abandoned LP videos are archives anywhere, or are they lost to time.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Never got added to the actual LP Archive.

Schubalts posted:

Actually, they're still on Admiral Curtiss's Dropbox, minus the Two Worlds 2 videos, but those are still available on non-Blip hosts.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Just FYI, the Swordbro looks like it was supposed to be Swordbreaker and they couldn't fit the name in for some reason. It looks like a swordbreaker that I saw in France.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Xumtosis posted:

Another one to suffer with me. The multiplayer video will be the best loving thing at this rate.
Never tried TW1 multi but I would :rms:

Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

You know what? gently caress it. Let's do an event for the multiplayer modes. I'll say a day or two in advance when we are going to do it, And set a date, Time, And server. If you feel like joining in for the agony, Just jump on the server when we're doing the video. Maybe I can stream it or something. Dxtory doesn't exactly like the multiplayer. Just the multiplayer though, Because that makes a lot of sense.

I may do the multiplayer videos earlier then I planned. I think they'll be a special kind of amazing.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Clearly when you get to Two Worlds II you need to do a Two Worlds II Castle Defense Special.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Schubalts posted:

Never got added to the actual LP Archive.

You got a direct link? That just leads to an archived post (and I don't have archives).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Genocyber posted:

You got a direct link? That just leads to an archived post (and I don't have archives).

Right, forgot about it needing archives.

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52687139/SA/TwoWorlds/Organicbomb-LetsPlayTwoWorlds00.flv
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52687139/SA/TwoWorlds/Organicbomb-LetsPlayTwoWorlds01.mp4
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52687139/SA/TwoWorlds/Organicbomb-LetsPlayTwoWorlds02.mp4
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52687139/SA/TwoWorlds/Organicbomb-LetsPlayTwoWorlds03.mp4
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52687139/SA/TwoWorlds/Organicbomb-LetsPlayTwoWorlds04.mp4
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52687139/SA/TwoWorlds/Organicbomb-LetsPlayTwoWorlds05.mp4
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52687139/SA/TwoWorlds/Organicbomb-LetsPlayTwoWorlds06.mp4
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52687139/SA/TwoWorlds/Organicbomb-LetsPlayTwoWorlds07.mp4
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52687139/SA/TwoWorlds/Organicbomb-LetsPlayTwoWorlds08.mp4
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52687139/SA/TwoWorlds/Organicbomb-LetsPlayTwoWorlds09.mp4
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52687139/SA/TwoWorlds/Organicbomb-LetsPlayTwoWorlds10.mp4
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52687139/SA/TwoWorlds/Organicbomb-LetsPlayTwoWorlds11.mp4
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52687139/SA/TwoWorlds/Organicbomb-LetsPlayTwoWorlds12.mp4
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52687139/SA/TwoWorlds/Organicbomb-LetsPlayTwoWorlds13.mp4
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52687139/SA/TwoWorlds/Organicbomb-LetsPlayTwoWorlds14.mp4
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52687139/SA/TwoWorlds/Organicbomb-LetsPlayTwoWorlds15.mp4
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52687139/SA/TwoWorlds/Organicbomb-LetsPlayTwoWorlds16.mp4
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52687139/SA/TwoWorlds/Organicbomb-LetsPlayTwoWorlds17.mp4
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52687139/SA/TwoWorlds/Organicbomb-LetsPlayTwoWorlds18.mp4
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52687139/SA/TwoWorlds/Organicbomb-LetsPlayTwoWorlds19.mp4
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52687139/SA/TwoWorlds/Organicbomb-LetsPlayTwoWorlds20.mp4
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52687139/SA/TwoWorlds/Organicbomb-LetsPlayTwoWorlds20b.flv
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52687139/SA/TwoWorlds/Organicbomb-LetsPlayTwoWorlds21.mp4
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52687139/SA/TwoWorlds/Organicbomb-LetsPlayTwoWorlds22.mp4
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52687139/SA/TwoWorlds/Organicbomb-LetsPlayTwoWorlds23.mp4
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52687139/SA/TwoWorlds/Organicbomb-LetsPlayTwoWorlds24.mp4

• Locked thread