Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Rakki

"Rakki no think that look like much fun," the goblin comments as he stops his bird alongside Kelanna, "not much fun at all." Gesturing at the massive...thing, he calls upon the spirit of the child that he took with him. "That look like anything you ever seen, little one?" Spirits could see things much clearer than himself, that he knew well by now; but he was hesitant to ask the Darkness yet, while they were not yet in real danger.

Discern Realities for 2d6+2=9
- What here is not as it seems?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Yuuko

Yuuko starts to charge off with Peregrine, but hesitates. Big shadowy thing? Better to let someone else scout it out. Easier to slip out of sight and surprise it that way, if it did turn out to be hostile.

I'll be doing some business traveling next week, and probably not posting as much (as if I was posting a ton to begin with), just FYI.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Rayhan

Rayhan smiles to himself as Peregrine runs off. He reaches down to tap his fox on the jaw, making a faint barking noise. Zuhrah flicks her ears, then darts past the others. Peregrine is gathering all of the attention with her charge, and the fox stays low to the ground, ducking between long shadows towards the bridge. The sandy fur of the fox are as much a disguise in this light as anything can be.

It doesn't take long for her to find the perfect spot to hide, watch and prepare for ambush.

11 on my control roll, Zuhrah and Rayhan are sneaky as gently caress.

Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

I believe you're a big dork!
Rakki:
The little girl whispers in your ear. "It's one of the watchers that live in the wood," she says. "They're usually friendly. But I don't know why it would be out this far, or why its bark is so pale..."

As you near the thing, you can see its shape coalesce. It is an immense ovoid thing, bleached as white as bones under the desert sun. It stands on hundreds of spindly arms which shiver and shake.

It does not take notice of you as you approach; or if it does, it is too busy with something it is holding off to the side to care. The thing is immense, though, and it would take some doing to get around it to the bridge.

Sorry I'm so behind, schedules have been hectic as hell recently - I should be more regular in the future.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Peregrine

Peregrine lets her charge peter out, lowering her spear as she cranes her neck back to look at this thing. She frowns, then directs Yage around towards the side. She calls back to the others, "It's grabbed something!"

Discern Realities. Forgot my modifier, but its still 6- so I'll mark XP.
[09:07] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, 4 = 4

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 7, 2014

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Kelanna

"Or something has grabbed it. Don't jump to any conclusions." Kelanna wheels to the side, trying to get a better view of.. the fight? The grab? Whatever it is.

Discern Realities: 2d6 8

What is about to happen?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Still in this game; I was wondering the same thing as Kelanna, though, so my next action depends on the answer to her question. Sorry for not posting, I just didn't expect there to be, well, no other posting after that.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Same, holding my ambush until then.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
Also still in, just observing :shobon:

Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

You can see flashes of color as the thing is tossed around. You can see arms picking bits of cloth off of it; thick fabric, leather, and rainbow strips, which it weaves between its hands like a cat's cradle.
Through this all, you can see the object. It is an older man, garbed in thick layers of garment and equipped with some sort of bulky pack. He appears to be knocked unconscious, or perhaps in a deep slumber.

As the creature weaves the brown cloth, its arms briefly gain back their color, but return to their original pallor in a few seconds. The cloth, however, becomes a horrid shade of pale.

The rainbow threads keep their color, and the creature, probably frustrated, drops them to the ground.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Yuuko

"It feeds off of color! Quickly, before it tries to drain the man, or us, as well!" Yuuko calls out, urging Orbweaver ahead as he reaches into his garment and draws a shuriken, more to distract than to kill. While the huge creature would present quite a target for someone with a bow, Yuuko's throwing arm isn't so good, they lament as they ride uncomfortably close and send the star flying.

Volley: 2d6+2 7
You have to move to get the shot placing you in danger as described by the GM
Damage: 1d8 2

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Rayhan

As Yuuko reaches for the shuriken, Zuhrah leaps. It's a perfect ambush - silent, vicious. Rayhan's spear is ready, plunging down from above as Zuhrah goes for a deep bite, tearing a chunk out of the creature. With Yuuko serving as a distraction, the two are more than ready to strike for a kill - or as much of one as a fox, even a big one, and a little rode can manage.

6 damage.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Peregrine

Peregrine reins Yagé up short, then pulls her obsidian dagger out of the sheathe she wears on a thong around her neck. She draws the blade across the ball of her thumb. She holds her hands out, letting the blood drop onto the earth. "Ancient and honored spirits, I beseech you for aid."

As the blood spatters on the dirt, a thin tendril of grey-white mist rises out of it, curling into the air around the immense creature. A hissing whisper accompanies it as it rises near the things head. Then another wisp of mist joins it, and another, and another, until a thick, spinning helix surrounds the thing, and an eerie chorus babbles in hypnotic rhythm. The tendrils begin clutching at the figure, as if to pull him free of the creature's weakening grasp.

Taking two damage for Help From Beyond
[19:38] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, 9+2 = 11
Holding 3, spending 1
• Fill one creature with unearthly lassitude, causing them to stumble or drop what they’re carrying

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Kelanna

Kelanna brings Ayet around, going full speed for a leg, but misjudges the distance, scraping against it instead of getting a slice in. "drat!"

Hack and Slash: 2d6+2 5

Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

The wisps tear the creature's limbs, and the form of the man drops to the ground. The thing stumbles as it is bit and cut, and you see its grey blood steam as it hits the ground.

As Kelanna smashes against the creature, it lashes out and grabs her and Ayet, trying to separate them. She can feel the color begin to drain out of her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Kelanna

Kelanna doesn't react real serious to the fist grasping her. She mostly just glares at the monster. "You're gonna have to try harder than that to hurt me."

Pressing her hands against it, she somehow forces it back. It shouldn't be possible.

But Kelanna's already survived the impossible. This? This is nothing.

Survive: 2d6+2 12
Ignore all effects of the attack, other than damage.
You are not moved, set on fire, poisoned, restrained,
or anything else the attack would have done to you.

Take +1 ongoing against the cause of this damage
until you have conquered it.

• Locked thread