Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Two Assassins. One Destiny. Let's Play Assassin's Creed: Revelations

A third Ezio game?

It is. 2011's Assassin's Creed: Revelations is the third entry into the Ezio Trilogy, following Assassin's Creed II and Brotherhood. Like the previous two titles in the series, it stars Florentine Assassin Ezio Auditore da Firenze as he continues the battle against the Templar Order. While the main character is Ezio, Altair, from the first entry in the series, stars prominently and is an important part of the final arc of Ezio's life. Altair was the first game's protagonist, and this game ends his storyline, as well as Ezio's.

In 1511, four years after ending the Templar control of the Papacy and the Italian peninsula at the end of Brotherhood, Ezio travels east to Masyaf, Syria, on his quest to uncover the lost secrets of the legendary Altair, at his hidden library under the old Assassin fortress there. Ezio quickly finds he must head to Constantinople, where he uncovers a new Templar plot to undermine the Ottoman Empire, which is friendly to the Assassins and is on the rise in southeastern Europe. Ezio will find himself involved with new friends and enemies, in a brand-new setting, as he struggles to find the meaning behind both his own life and the purpose of the Assassin Brotherhood.

So why are you doing Revelations?

Even after the release of Black Flag, Revelations remains my favorite Assassin's Creed. Constantinople is a jaw-dropping city, in both its size and beauty, and the mix of Islamic and Greek influences in the city gives it a character I think no other city in this series has been able to match. The music is also fantastic, a product of the combined efforts of Lorne Balfe and Jesper Kyd, who had been composing for this series by himself before this game. While the Desmond plot isn't great, the storylines of both Altair and Ezio have a lot of heart and are resolved nicely, and this game gives you a chance to see Ezio not only as an old man, but as a Mentor who is worldly and wise, while still having the playful side that he had as a teenager in Florence.

This game is Ezio at his best as a character, and why I'm more than happy to show it off. This LP will be a 100% synchronization run, where I'll show off the entire game as I am able, in addition to the DLC. If there's enough interest and I'm technically able to, I'll try to arrange multiplayer matches to show off the fun multiplayer mode of the game. But, my primary focus is single-player content and that will be given priority above all else.

How will this LP be presented?

Unlike my previous threads, this will be a straight video LP. I'm hardly interesting enough to carry a video by myself, so as things allow, I'll bring along any and all who are interested in commentating on videos with me. The extremely generous Geop has offered to do additional historical content for the thread, in the same vein as the history segments in his LPs for Assassin's Creed I and II. I would ask you all give his videos as much attention as the videos for the LP itself, as his previous Assassin's Creed threads have more than proven himself a master at this.

Spoiler Policy

The game itself acts as if you know exactly what happened at the end of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (if you're not, you'll know about 5 minutes in what happened), and you are generally familiar with this series' Assassins vs. Templars plot. All Creed plot points and story up until the beginning of this game don't need to be spoiler tagged, but any talk about what happens in this game or in future ones I will request be in spoiler tags.

Updates

Part I: Cold Open
Part II: Nova Roma
Part III: Byzantium
Part IV: Of Bombs and Assassins
Part V: Following the Footsteps
Part VI: An Assassin in Sultan Beyazid's Court
Part VII: The Hunt Begins
Part VIII: The New Byzantine Empire
Part IX: Tales from Constantinople
Part X: Mistaken Identity
Part XI: No Turning Back
Part XII: The Master Assassins, Part 1
Part XIII: Escape from Constantinople
Part XIV: Desmond's Journey
Part XV: The Lost Archive
Part XVI: Old Boss, New Boss
Part XVII: The Master Assassins, Part 2
Part XVIII: Bombs Away
Part XIX: End of the Line
EX Update
Part XX: The Revelation
Part XXI: Labored and Lost

Sylphid fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Dec 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Reserved.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Part I: Cold Open

Click picture or link for video
No commentary over cutscenes

With Anoia and wdarkk.

Sylphid fucked around with this message at 06:54 on May 1, 2014

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

HR12345 posted:

Weren't you just working on Agarest 2 sometime ago?

That LP is done. Now I'm just waiting on baldurk to archive it.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Part II: Nova Roma

Behold as I can barely get a word in edgewise with Vicas and ScurvyKip around. Nah, just kidding. They were a lot of fun in this video, even if by their own admission, neither of them has played much of this series at all. At least Vicas has watched Geop's LPs of the first two games. There was some unfortunate Skype lag that popped up early in this video, so some of the conversation is kinda weird even if I tried to sync up Scurvy and Vicas with myself to the best of my ability. I was at least 3-4 seconds ahead of them, by my estimation.

Sylphid fucked around with this message at 06:56 on May 1, 2014

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I've uploaded an edited version of the first and second videos, with no commentary over cutscenes. Note: I define "cutscene" as when I have no control over Ezio and there is talking, but my rule is that if a cutscene is no longer than 20 seconds, I'm going to keep the commentary running in the edited version. In-game talking, like when Yusuf is walking with Ezio just as the latter arrives in Constantinople, is still going to have commentary.

Also, a note about future updates. In the past week, I've received most joyous news: after many, many hard months of trying, I've finally netted myself an ESL teaching job in Taiwan. I've been informed I'll be wanted in-country either late this month or late next month. Whether it is May or June, I cannot say at present. If it is May, though, the later updates in this thread might be a bit slow coming out. Luckily, the apartment I'll be staying in does have an Internet connection of its own, so I won't have to waste any time getting back to work once I'm done getting acclimated in my new place in life.

Of course, if it's June, this probably won't come up at all. Regardless, this is a big step forward for me. The next update should be done within the next couple days.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
New updates should be coming tomorrow (I recorded two videos with Scurvy and wdarkk today), but I did want to ask about something. I would love to show off the online multiplayer for this game, and I did want to use goons to do it. If you have this game on PS3 and want to join in, I'd be thrilled if you could post your PSN ID in this topic or PM them to me so we can hopefully put something together. Ideally I'd like to have 4 vs. 4 games, but that may not be realistic, so I'll settle for 3 vs. 3 games.

The multiplayer for this game is really fun and hopefully we can play some games on it before this thread ends.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
To make up for the amount of time it's been since the last update, we have a dual video update today.

Part III: Byzantium

This video is with wdarkk and ScurvyKip. There's not much plot in this one, aside from starting Sequence 3, because I wanted this video to be a fairly in-depth tour of the European side of Constantinople, which by no coincidence is the larger side of the city and has more of the city's famous monuments, like the Grand Bazaar and the Hagia Sofia. I do return to the Asian side for a spell at the end to show something cool with the Galata Tower.

Part IV: Of Bombs and Assassins

This video gets us back to the plot a bit as we meet a real-life historical figure, Piri Reis. Historically, he met his end about 40 years after the events of this game, when, as an old man in his 90s, he declined to help the Ottoman governor of what's now Iraq in another campaign against the Portuguese, with his famous and successful life coming to a most ignominious end by getting his head lopped off. He and Yusuf teach us about bombs, and Ezio also gets back to work rebuilding the Constantinople Assassins in the same vein as what he did in Rome during the events of Brotherhood. Also with wdarkk and ScurvyKip.

Edited versions of both videos will be forthcoming, but seeing as how there's not many cutscenes in either of these videos, getting these updates out was a more pressing concern for me, and the reality of my internet situation does not lend itself well to upload long videos on YouTube.

Sylphid fucked around with this message at 19:41 on May 6, 2014

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Xander77 posted:

I'd leave a comprehensive review of various Leonardo future-tech concepts to the historical videos (when are those coming, anyway?) but yeah, Leonardo had some ideas about (pyramid shaped, IIRC?) parachutes.

Geop said last week the first one would be coming in a couple weeks. Obviously, no reason to hold up the videos until then.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Part V: Following the Footsteps

Me and longtime LP guest commentator Toffile sit down to talk about this game, and all the other games in the series, with a helping side portion of talking about the ACInitiates website. I find the 1-1 format really worked for this video, especially after we were both cracking up near the start of the video when I threw a Datura Bomb into a crowd of Byzantine Templars and watched them squirm.

Sylphid fucked around with this message at 10:24 on May 7, 2014

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Part VI: An Assassin in Sultan Beyazid's Court

Vicas and wdarrk join me for some goofy times as we end Sequence 3 and begin Sequence 4, the Sequence whose first mission is one of the most memorable in the series so far. As I mentioned in the video, I was really disappointed in Ezio for not not singing about the assassination of the Doge of Venice in Assassin's Creed II. But, he does make a lot of references, including a ballad about the Pazzi brothers, barbs at Rodrigo, Cesare, and Lucrezia Borgia (the latter of how he lays a really sick burn about her incestuous tendencies), and even a his brief affair with Caterina, which began in Assassin's Creed II and continued into Brotherhood

Since I was talking about the third siege of Vienna by the Ottomans, I thought I'd expand a bit on that. As I mentioned in the video, Suleiman attempted to conquer the city twice, but was beaten both times (well, to be exact, he tried again in 1532, but he never actually made it to the city. A force of Croatian and Hungarian soldiers under the leadership of the Hapsburg monarchy stopped them in Hungary). In 1683, the Ottomans tried again. The great Catholic powers of Eastern Europe, Poland (technically the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth) and Austria, joined forces to fight back the Empire. The dramatic climax of the siege was Poland's king, John III Sobieski, leading the largest cavalry charge in history to rout the Ottoman siege and push them south of the Danube. Although the Ottoman Empire recovered some of the territory lost in the ensuing pursuit, the last siege of Vienna decidedly showed the Ottoman Empire had gone as far as it would go in Europe, and the technological edge the Empire had in the 16th century was gone.

The decline of the Ottoman Empire is a very long, very complicated topic, but a lot of it has to do with conservative influences like the Janissary Corps, who were completely out of control by the time they were disbanded, gradually winning out over reformer elements. Of course, joining Germany in World War I didn't do them any favors in the end.

Sylphid fucked around with this message at 04:26 on May 9, 2014

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Part VII: The Hunt Begins

I manage to rope in eternal guest commentator Toffile again, along with surprise guest Faerie Fortune, as she Britishes up this video something awful. Ezio finds himself growing more and more suspicious of the captain of the Janissary Corps, Tarik Barleti, but he retrieves the second Masyaf Key before he begins to follow up on his hunch. Ezio sees Altair's life again, this time just after the death of Al Mualim.

Sylphid fucked around with this message at 19:37 on May 13, 2014

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Part VIII: The New Byzantine Empire

Vicas and Toffile join me for a plot-important video, as we find out the ultimate objective of the Byzantine Templars, and we meet the collaborators and brains behind the operation.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I am such an idiot. I was doing a recording of The Lost Archive, but I failed a ton of times and I just didn't like the way the recording was going, so you know what I did? I deleted the file, so I could re-record everything from scratch and get things right. You know what I also deleted upon deleting that save of Lost Archive? My goddamn main save game.

So, about 65% of the way through the game, and I get to do it all over again. Guess I know what I'll be doing for the next couple days. Goddammit.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Well, I can already tell you all that I won't be getting 100% sync in the new save game file. I assigned one of my Assassins to a den (Constantine North), and did the first Master Assassin mission with her with no incident. Unfortunately, seems the game has glitched me again and ate that recruit. I can't select her to go on missions, and the game won't tell me where she is. It seems she's just completely vanished.

But here's the rub. Since she still technically exists, she's still the assigned leader of that den. But because I can't re-assign leadership of dens, I can't get around this. I simply cannot do the second Master Assassin mission in Constantine North. I'll of course record that mission and upload it as an addendum to the second Master Assassin mission compilation update, but man does that piss me off. That's never happened before. And no, I'm not starting a third new game, except to record that mission.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Part IX: Tales from Constantinople

Edited version

With wdarkk and the one whose name shant be spoken in a video. We accomplish all sorts of random tasks throughout the city, including visiting Vlad the Impaler's Tomb, the Forum of the Ox, and another den defense. The edited version doesn't have commentary over Vlad's tomb or Forum of the Ox, since the music for the latter is so good.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Spookydonut posted:

Unlike WH40k, older swords aren't better. However, how did Ezio lose Altair's sword between AC2 and Revelations?

Well, at the end of ACII, canonically he went to Rome with Altair's Armor and Sword and came back to Monteriggioni with same, so I assume the sword was lost alongside the armor when Cesare's army attacked at the start of Brotherhood. Ezio should really be more careful with Altair's stuff, especially since in the third Altair memory, Altair is using the Sword of Altair for the first time, and Ezio lost armor made from looking into the Apple of Eden.

Actually, funnily enough, there's a whole Apple of Eden subplot glossed over in Revelations. Mehmet II, the Ottoman Sultan who conquered Constantinople, apparently had an Apple, according to some spinoff card game thing. The Apple was stolen by Mehmet's son Cem, who attempted to become the Sultan but lost out to Beyazid. Cem then hid the Apple in the Templar Archive on Cyprus for safekeeping, where it was retrieved by the Templars operating in Italy and brought to Rodrigo Borgia, when it then was seized by Ezio and the Assassins and eventually wound up in the hands of Desmond and the modern day Assassins. That Apple's had quite a roadtrip, and I wish there was at least a winking nod toward that in this game.

But as much of a roadtrip that Apple went on, it's nothing like the one (end-game spoilers for this game) the Apple in Altair's library went on. It first showed up in Solomon's Temple, was taken by the Assassins, then after Al Mualim's death Altair kept it on his person as he went to Mongolia and back. After Altair seals himself in the library, it stays in there for like 250 years, until Ezio opens the library and turns down taking it out.

Then soon after someone else gets into the library and removes it, bringing it to Queen Elizabeth II, before it ends up in the hands of George Washington, FDR, and Kennedy before the Templars formally take possession of it following the Kennedy Assassination. Then it's taken to Denver's International Airport before the bumbling Templars destroy it). Of course, The Tyranny of King Washington retcons Washington's Apple involvement as something he never actually used but still was aware of

Sylphid fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jun 6, 2014

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Part X: Mistaken Identity

Alongside my mysterious guest commentator, whose name seems to change from video to video, we end Sequence 5 and enter Sequence 6 hunting Tarik Barleti, whose actions cast grave suspicion upon himself and the entire Janissary Corps. We'll need to get close to him to find out the nature of his plans, if you know what I mean.

Also, because things kind of worked out in a bad way, Sequence 6's intro cutscene

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Part XI: No Turning Back

As Suleiman must deal with the consequences of ordering the death of Tarik Barleti, a loyal Janissary to the end, Ezio retrieves the fourth Masyaf Key from Maiden's Tower. Now, with no keys not in Assassin or Templar hands, Ezio must travel to Cappadocia to hunt down Manuel Palaiologos, whose is holed up in the mountainous region with his Byzantine Templar army. But the Janissaries may not want us to leave the city...

Meanwhile, Altair returns to Masyaf after 20 years to once again assume leadership of the Levantine Assassins, but Abbas is not likely to give it up easily.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Part XII: The Master Assassins, Part 1

The Small Pile of Slush Right Just in Front of the Rangers' Goal Line and Vicas join me for a number of odds and ends around Constantinople, most prominently some of the Master Assassin missions. Thrill as I turn a simple pickpocketing mission into a nightmare as some guards are in the wrong place at the wrong time. No edited version this time because there's no official cutscenes.

Sylphid fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Jun 17, 2014

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Also, this is going to be the last update I'll be doing in the United States. I'll be doing a video with Small Pile of Slush and Vicas later tonight, then a few hours later I'll be on the road to Kansas City en route to a flight to Taipei (with stops in Houston and San Francisco). I'll be in transit for nearly an entire day, and that's not including the drive from Taipei to where I'll be living. I'll be utterly wiped for at least a couple days, so expect the next update by the end of the week or so.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Part XIII: Escape from Constantinople

A very exciting video where we collect the last 7 Memoir Pages (I mentioned in the video where we got the previous three), explore the Hagia Sofia, do one more Den Defense and Master Assassin mission, and finally wrapping up Sequence 6 with a very action-packed mission. Joining me this time is Vicas and very special guest star John Brooks, whose brilliant soccer playing skills allowed the US to defeat Ghana in the World Cup. As for how I secured such a star, you'll just have to watch the video.

The edited version has no commentary over the Hagia Sofia mission, because there's some nice music playing over it that you can't really appreciate with us talking over it.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Part XIV: Desmond's Journey

As we leave Ezio for a bit to allow him to head to Cappadocia, instead we'll be spending some time with ol' Desmond Miles, as we do some first-person platforming as he tells us his life story, from growing up at The Farm in the Black Hills of South Dakota, to running away and ending up in New York City, to finally, Abstergo tracking him down and abducting him, bringing him to their Animus facility in Italy, where the first game began. This video covers all five parts of the Desmond's Journey sidequest-thing.

Joining me for this unusual video is our good friend Vicas and Luis Suarez's Mouth. Fun fact: Vicas and Louis were going on about death trap water parks, when just as the call was about to end, Louis pointed out the forums went back up. And we were making jokes about the downtime even during the video.

Sylphid fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jun 28, 2014

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Of all the stupid mistakes I've made, that's certainly one of them. It's been fixed, and a reminder not to upload videos after getting pretty much no sleep the night before.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Wibbleman posted:

Do you get anything game wise for completing them all? or just that thin veneer of more backstory/plot?

Aside from individual trophies for each part of the Journey, nope. I had to do it for completion's sake in the LP, but otherwise you don't get anything from completing them.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Sylphid posted:

Aside from individual trophies for each part of the Journey, nope. I had to do it for completion's sake in the LP, but otherwise you don't get anything from completing them.

Now that I remember, I was wrong about this. If you complete all five segments of the Journey, you unlock the Desmond skin in Ezio's game. Since it's an entirely different model and not just Ezio in different robes, some of the facial animations can look really off with Desmond's skin on.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Part XV: The Lost Archive

Part 1
Part 2

A two-parter episode covering the major DLC for this game, entitled "The Lost Archive". This DLC tells the story of Subject 16 joining the Assassins, his infiltration of Abstergo to find out what they're up to, what happened with Lucy, and most :smith:ly, Clay's death and the falling apart of his family after he got picked up by Abstergo and being forced into the Animus all the time. But, before he died, Clay was instructed by a very special someone to assist Desmond on his quest, and us breaking Clay out of that loop allows him to enter the main game and help Desmond out when he needed it the most.

Joining me for part 1 is America's Greatest Patriot, Tim Howard, and for part 2, Brazil's Stunningly Bad Performance in the Semi-Finals of the World Cup.

As much fun as we've had with the blocks for this and the last update, we're done with the block puzzles. Next update we'll be going right back into Ezio's story for a very dramatic video that covers all of Sequence 7 in a single bound. I should also note that by buying The Lost Archive, you gain access to all of the pre-order DLC stuff, including Vlad the Impaler's Tomb, several multiplayer characters, including my favorite, the evil doctor, and several maps. It's a pretty good deal, and one Ubisoft's been more or less doing since Brotherhood and the Da Vinci Disappearance.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Part XVI: Old Boss, New Boss

Vicas and the Unstoppable Might of the German Empire join for some cave diving in Sequence 7, wherein Ezio goes to Cappadocia to hunt down the final Masyaf Key and shut down the Byzantine Templars for good. But, not everything goes according to plan...

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
So does everyone remember me complaining that my second playthrough, the game ate one of my assigned Assassins and I thought it screwed me out of 100% synchronization? Turns out I was the fool this time. See, the Master Assassin mechanic works like this: when a recruit reaches level 10, you get the opportunity of assigning that recruit to one of the six dens in the European side of Constantinople (the Galata district is already covered in the story. The first Assassin you recruit in Sequence 3 will always become the master of the Galata district). Of course, first you have to chase the Templars out of the district you want to put a recruit in.

Once an Assassin in assigned to the district, they're glued there. They can't die, and you can't replace them once you've placed an Assassin in a den. So, when you assign one, you can do the first part of the missions in that district (so, every district has two missions, but you have to do The Sentinel Parts 1 and 2 as a part of the main story). Although you can do the first mission with them, afterward you have to wait until they reach level 15 before you can do the second part, and once you've completed part 2, they're a Master Assassin and that district is immune from Templar attacks and Den Defenses there.

However, there's a little catch. Even if sending out a level 10 Assassin on missions doesn't look like they're gaining experience, they actually are. So, if you haven't assigned a recruit you've been sending out on missions a lot to a Den, and then you choose to assign them, they can jump up from level 10 (Assassin), all the way to level 15 (Assassin, Rank 5) right after you complete part 1 with them. The thing is, and here's what tripped me up: they don't return to the Den. They're in the city somewhere. Just look for the Master Assassin icon in a district, go to them, complete part 2, and you're golden.

That's what got me. The game wouldn't tell me where the Assassin I assigned to Constantine North was, so I assumed the game glitched and she vanished forever, leaving a Den both with and without an Assassin. I tried failing a Den Defense on purpose to sort of clear the table, but trust me, that doesn't work. So, chalk this one up to my abject stupidity, not Ubisoft's. Good game, Ubi.

Anyway, the good news is that as of about 15 minutes ago, I've completed all of the Master Assassin missions, and have only one Thief challenge to go before I've completed the Assassin, Mercenary, Romani, and Thief challenges (the bomb challenges are really boring and don't unlock anything interesting). So, after the copious amount of editing I have to do to make the Master Assassins, Part 2 presentable, I'll be able to close the book on this sorry chapter. Luckily, Taiwan is currently being hit by a typhoon, and my boss has informed me there's no work tomorrow, so I guess I know what I'll be doing.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
So I was reading about Beyazid II on Wikipedia when I find that Ahmet is based on a real person. Beyazid II indeed had sons with the name Selim and Ahmet, and the real life Ahmet was also scheming to take the Ottoman throne, but in real life, presumably not for the sake of the Templars. On the one hand, you might think that Ahmet would be better off forgetting about the Masyaf Keys and just waiting until Beyazid dies so he can become Sultan, so the Templars would be in control of the Ottoman Empire, but actually he's doing the smartest thing he can in his position.

The Janissaries really don't like Ahmet, and even if he became Sultan there would almost definitely be a plot on his life before too long. This game doesn't touch on it much, but there was a lot of gossiping in the Janissary camp when we went to kill Tarik that should have given you the impression that although on paper the Janissaries are loyal to the Sultan, in reality the Janissaries want the Sultan to be loyal to them, or there could be trouble. In real life, the Janissaries were basically the force that got Beyazid to hand over his throne to Selim, and in the 19th century were responsible for the assassination of a Sultan. This series, as ever, can get oddly historically accurate when it really wants to be, even if the Selim / Ahmet succession fight happened in a much different way in reality than it plays out in the Assassin's Creed universe.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Hello all. While I wait for Vicas and Toffile's schedules to line up again for Part XVII, I'd like to ask anyone who has the PS3 copy of this game for a favor. I want to put together a gameplay video of the multiplayer, but I can't do one by myself because Rev's online scene is dead and buried, since it's been nearly three years and ACIII and Black Flag have come out since then.

So, if anyone reading this thread has the PS3 copy of this game, and is willing to help me put together some online games, feel free to post your PSN ID in this thread, or PM it to me, and I can start working on scheduling a few games. Anyone and everyone are perfectly free to join, and I would be supremely grateful if I could get 6 or 7 goons (preferably seven so we can two teams of four, which is the max in multiplayer) to help me record some fun multiplayer videos. Playing Revelations online again would be a real treat, and a really good way to send this thread off as we grind toward the end.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Part XVII: The Master Assassins, Part 2

Without letting Ahmet's treachery making us lose a step, it's a video of lasts with Vicas and Someone Who's Boycotting Market Basket Because They Fired RDT, as we complete the last Den Defense (showing off the last Assassin and Templar units), and all of the remaining Master Assassin missions.

Sylphid fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Aug 9, 2014

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Part XVIII: Bombs Away

After a long break, entirely unintentional, we begin a wrap-up video of sorts, where we take care of the Mercenaries Guild mission, the Piri Reis bomb missions, and checking out the alternate outfits. I realized it shortly after me and He Whose Names Always Change ended this video, I realized I had unintentionally edited out two of the bomb missions. You can check those two missions out in the video linked in the previous sentence.

Also, even though I mentioned toward the end of this video that I forgot to check out the Guild Challenge Crests, I actually do in the next video, so don't worry about missing them. Also, we start talking about some Assassin's Creed III spoilers toward the end of the video, so beware if you haven't beaten ACIII up to Sequence 4, I think.

Sylphid fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Sep 1, 2014

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

NeoAnjou posted:

Really stupid point, and I apologise if anyone else has brought this up, but in the OP you have the last two episodes as being numbers 10 too many (i.e. XXVII and XXVIII), rather than XVII and XVIII...

Not at all. Anything to catch my silly errors is most appreciated.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Part XIX: End of the Line

Vicas and Toffile join me for beginning and ending Sequence 8, wherein we finally settle things with Ahmet and take care of all our affairs in Constantinople. Not counting the two multiplayer videos, we're now two videos away from the end of the thread.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

cokerpilot posted:

Out of mild curiosity did you re upload this video because I could have sworn I saw it up a few days ago while looking at your vids on Atelier Escha & Logy.

I did, yeah. I had uploaded the original when I noticed at some point Vicas and maybe me were talking way out of sync with the action going on in the video, so I deleted that and went back to edit stuff. I chose Vicas remarking on my boring load screens as a new sync point for the second half of the video because that was a good place to say "He definitely said that at this point". Don't know how it happened, but you weren't wrong.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
EX Update: Everyone's A Winner

Part 1
Part 2
Bonus Video

Thanks to Faerie Fortune for providing the title. In this very special update, we take a break from the main game and DLC to explore the world of Assassin's Creed: Revelations Online. I'm not a particularly skilled player, as I never come in better than 3rd while playing, but I had fun doing these. It just caught me by surprise that I was able to find a decent number of games, enough content for two standard-length videos.

For the first part, I'm joined by two unnamed but familiar-sounding rogues, and the second part I'm with Claude Drews' Groin Injury and fan favorite Faerie Fortune, once again Britishing this video up. The bonus video has no commentary and no gameplay, but for completion's sake, I did want to show all the Abstergo videos you get with Warren Vidic as you level up, and the Templar files, which contain a lot of neat info, like world history from ancient times to the present from the Templars' point of view.

I've said it before, but the 20th final from Abstergo explicitly confirms Those Who Came Before were not aliens, it's just their technology is so otherworldly compared to the current civilization's it seems that way. Also, I preview all the maps with the stage selector thing, and I really wish I could have played on the DLC maps, but it was hard enough finding DLC games when the online was a lot bigger, let alone now. You can also see the fancy dress-up options you can give the characters.

As a special note regarding the characters that I didn't get the chance to mention is that you get The Knight from Brotherhood by buying him on uPlay.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
It has been a while, but I do have good news to report: me and the one whose name constantly changes just finished recording the last two videos of the thread. Just a little over 20 minutes from the start of Sequence 9 to the end of the (edited) credits. They should be up within the next couple days.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Part XX: The Revelation

No commentary

After a lengthly downtime, for one reason or another, we begin Sequence 9 up to Ezio finally getting into Altair's secret library. With me is thread mainstay that one guy.

The second version of the update has no commentary, since about 90% of this video has talking over it, and hey, it's the end of the plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Part XXI: Labored and Lost

No commentary

And the final update of the thread. 100% cutscenes and credits, so same second video policy as last time.

Well, as a final word, I had fun doing this thread. My first time really working with guest commentary, so I got to experience the joys of working with a lot of talented and funny commentators. Black Flag and this game are pretty close together to me for my favorite Assassin's Creed, but I have no idea if Unity or Rogue will change that. Special thanks to ayn rand hand job, Vicas, and Faerie Fortune in particular for being very funny, entertaining commentators, and I would be happy to have all three back for my Black Flag thread, which I'll be starting fairly soon (I already have the first two parts recorded).

I hope you've enjoyed this thread, and hopefully enjoyed Revelations as much as I do. It's got its flaws, certainly, but the pros more than make up for them to me. Then again, I don't have a passionate hatred of Den Defense, so maybe it's me who's crazy. Regardless, I think we've had a certain brand of fun here.

• Locked thread