Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
This is my favorite AC game for two reasons: one, bombs. Sure, they did things that could be replicated with something else, but there's something about throwing blood grenades that's just an awesome concept. Secondly, that one mission where Ezio poses as a minstrel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
God, AC controls. By Revelations they got a grip on what to want from you, but there were parts in AC2 and Brotherhood that expected you to do precision platforming - with the engine and control scheme built for anything but that.
The hookblade mostly just works as an extension of your jump, which is a godsend if you played the previous games and something you won't even notice if you haven't. It kinda runs with this game's design philosophy "let's just add random poo poo to the basic sandbox game setup" - and it's one of the addition that actually work. Unlike the loving tower defense segments.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Apr 27, 2014

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Yes, the best mission in the game. I love how Ezio pokes fun at the plot of previous games... And mechanics, since running down minstrels is totally a thing you'll be doing a lot in AC2.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Glazius posted:

So there's an ancient forgotten book just... chillin' under a roof tile?

It must not rain a lot in Constantinople.

And that's not anywhere near the most absurd place they're hidden in.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Actually, IV has Altair's sword (cloned by what I'm assuming to be Animus screwery to fit the protagonist's dual-wielding style) too. It's pretty lovely though.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Pistol swords are the final unlock, Altair's swords are either a uPlay thing or a preorder bonus. As such, they're mediocre stat-wise and look pretty goddamn stupid.
Hell, you can get Altair (and Ezio) themed sails and ship decorations in that game.
edit: The swords are 3/4/3 or something. Essentially useless since it's easy to get better ones the first time you're in a town.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jun 17, 2014

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
MOBA stands for Multiplayer Online Battle Arena. It's kind of stupid how it stuck since as a description it can be applied to just any game out there.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Did they seriously make a DLC out of nothing but this poo poo? And it sold?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Sylphid posted:

Luckily, Taiwan is currently being hit by a typhoon

Just wanted to point out I love this sentence.

Anyway, I feel they overdid it with the management aspects here. Maintaining your guild in Brotherhood was a lot of fun (if mostly pointless) and they just started throwing mechanics and minigames here until something stuck. Sadly, it was TD and even more convoluted subquests. The flip side is that we get to see Ezio actually doing mentor stuff, but just getting there is a maze of halfassed mechanics.

• Locked thread