Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should be included in the "Big 4"?
This poll is closed.
ZSB 1 11.11%
Piper 0 0%
John Brown 0 0%
Cletus 0 0%
Diodeous 1 11.11%
Der Juicen 3 33.33%
Slywalker 0 0%
Zimbomonkey 1 11.11%
Texas A' Wreckus 0 0%
AfterFather 0 0%
God 3 33.33%
Total: 9 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Diodeous
May 14, 2002

That would be absolutely perfect. I am supposed to get drinks with someone around 6est so that would work really well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Gotta get all Goodell on you guys. This game needs to be played by tomorrow night homies. Sunday will mark 10 days for one user game.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Are you sure on that? It looks like we advanced on the 14th

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

Are you sure on that? It looks like we advanced on the 14th

Oh snap you're right! We advanced on the 12th so we've just hit a week. A couple more days wouldn't hurt then.

My bad.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Still assuming we're on for 3-4 today. I'll check in here around 3

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'll be back at 4 to check in since I ain't heard from you yet

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Diodeous posted:

I'll be back at 4 to check in since I ain't heard from you yet

I'm back and ready from now until then, so I guess I'll see you online around 4 ET. I'll be online in about 15 min from this post in case you see it/get back earlier.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Cool, I will check some laundry and jump on

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

GG Dio, OSU falls to MSU 42-41. Had some chances especially in the 2nd half, but had to settle for 2 field goals and fell down by 14, then by 21, that I got it to a winnable margin is small victory enough. Dio had the better team and largely outplayed me, i felt rather frustrated for the first half of the game on offense. B1G Champs Michigan State, time to hope for the Rose Bowl after that 1 pt loss. I'm assuming this W will catapult him to my place and a date with GT in the BCS NCG.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

GG, Z. I felt like I played a really phenomenal first half (28 pts in the first quarter), but in the second half you had me scrambling. The first half I was just trying to hem in Braxton from busting a big one, but by the second half I was more worried about your HB, who you didn't use nearly enough. I can't believe I turned the ball over 3 times and somehow survived this game. I feel like this is my team of destiny

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

GG, Z. I felt like I played a really phenomenal first half (28 pts in the first quarter), but in the second half you had me scrambling. The first half I was just trying to hem in Braxton from busting a big one, but by the second half I was more worried about your HB, who you didn't use nearly enough. I can't believe I turned the ball over 3 times and somehow survived this game. I feel like this is my team of destiny

I didn't play call very well, but you also Run committed just about everytime I wanted to run so I didn't feel good about trying to pound the rock the way I'd prb have preferred. Braxton missed a number of throws too, just wasn't a hot first half and I couldn't make it up in the 2nd. I think if we'd have played our game earlier in the season you'd still have won both of these.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

If we'd played anywhere before like week 7 or 8 I would've gotten thrashed. My offense was stumbling out of the gate and I ran two QBs for most of the season because I couldn't find a comfortable rhythm. Maybe if I ever get NCSU recruited up I can make our ACC games feel more like this

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dio you played drat good this year. Congrats! Now there's one last test...

BOWL WEEK!!

:siren::siren:Rose Bowl Game: #3 Michigan St (Dio) vs #4 USC (Sly):siren::siren:
Discover Orange Bowl: #5 OSU (ZSB) vs #8 V-Tech
Outback Bowl: #23 Florida vs #12 Penn State (Wreckus)
Capital One Bowl: #13 USCe vs #6 Nebraska (JB)
Gator Bowl: Georgia vs #17 NWU (Piper)
Alamo Bowl: #15 WVU vs #10 UCLA (AF)

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Rose Bowl means I missed the BCSNCG :(

I'm more enthused about a user match-up, but gently caress it stings to fall just short

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dishonorable Mention: #1 G-Tech vs #2 ULL for the BCSNC...

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

What a bitter sweet bowl game for me. This season went basically like irl OSU last year, blow through the regular season undefeated but not without some weaknesses, lost to MSU in the B1G Title Game and play an ACC team in the Orange Bowl.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
I'll get my game in tomorrow - not sure why you're not seeing me in the dynasty, I am able to log in and play my game just fine.

quote:

=============== #16 Michigan Wolverines (8-4) ===============
#17 Michigan will face TCU in the Meineke Car Care Bowl.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.

John Brown posted:

Dishonorable Mention: #1 G-Tech vs #2 ULL for the BCSNC...

Somewhere virtual Boise is rolling over in their grave.

So I'm still stuck in hotel with crappy internet for the forseeable future Dio. I'd like to the give the game a try if we can and see if we have same problems that Z and I did. I could start midday absolutely NLT 3PM Eastern or I could give it a go at 1030PM Eastern. I'd almost prefer the late night game as in the wee hours here, I hear the internet is better but I'd be annoyed if I woke up to play a game and it still doesn't work. Let me know your thoughts Dio.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I work every day so it has to be the night game. How is Wednesday for you?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Slywalker13 posted:

Somewhere virtual Boise is rolling over in their grave.

So I'm still stuck in hotel with crappy internet for the forseeable future Dio. I'd like to the give the game a try if we can and see if we have same problems that Z and I did. I could start midday absolutely NLT 3PM Eastern or I could give it a go at 1030PM Eastern. I'd almost prefer the late night game as in the wee hours here, I hear the internet is better but I'd be annoyed if I woke up to play a game and it still doesn't work. Let me know your thoughts Dio.

I was having issues when I played AF in the SEC so I just power reset my router and it worked fine.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Michigan over TCU in the Meineke Car Care Bowl.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
UCLA over West Virginia in the Alamo Bowl. Unstoppable QB was slowed down some :|

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office
#12 PSU sets records with almost every skill player, yet falls to the #23 Gators in 2OT 59-52. Whatever.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

Diodeous posted:

I work every day so it has to be the night game. How is Wednesday for you?

Thursday night would work better for me.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

That should be fine

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I know that this pretty much the same group that plays in my SEC dynasty, but we're going to be rebooting the dynasty and starting fresh. I'd really like to get this dynasty running strong again, so please check out the thread if you're interested: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3620744&pagenumber=8#post432556086

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'll try and play in the next couple days. If I don't I won't mind a sim. It almost pains me to consider stomping VT.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

Diodeous posted:

That should be fine

Would you be able to go a bit later like 11 or 1130 PM eastern on Thursday? Turns out I go in a but later that day.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I can't guarantee but I can try. I wake at 630 every morning so I can't start any later than 1130

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Considering Sly's situation I'd be willing to wait no longer than Saturday night. We'll advance somewhere around that time for sure.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

Diodeous posted:

I can't guarantee but I can try. I wake at 630 every morning so I can't start any later than 1130

Let's aim for Thursday night at 11 PM eastern then. If you'd rather go Saturday morning to early afternoon I probably could I just hate to hold up the dynasty this much because of my difficult schedule.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Ok, see you tonight at 11

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Looks like you guys played a hell of a game. Sly eventually held onto his lead downing the Spartans 38-31. Congrats!

I've taken the liberty to do somewhat of a post-season wrap up (this is a shortened copy of ZSB's ACC recap).

Final Rankings
#2 USC 13-1
#3 OSU 13-1
#5 Nebraska 11-2
#7 Mich St. 12-2
#8 UCLA 10-3
#10 Michigan 9-4
#11 NU 9-4
URC: Penn St.

Award Winners
B. Miller QB OSU - Maxwell, and O'Brien Awards
M. Jones HB UCLA - Walter Camp, Walker, and Heisman Awards
H. Jackson SS Nebraska - Bednarik and Thorpe Awards
N. Spence LE OSU - Nagurski and Lombardi Awards
M. Lee WR USC - Biletnikoff Award
K. Carter TE Penn St. - Mackey Award
J. Boren C OSU - Rimington Award
D. Harris ROLB Mich St. - Best LB Award
J. Hayes HB Michigan - Best Returner Award
Coach () - EA Sports Coach of the Year award

All American/B1G & PAC 12 Teams

First Team All Americans
QB - B. Miller OSU
HB - M. Jones UCLA
HB - T. Newby Nebraska
WR - M. Lee USC
WR - T. Lippett Mich St.
TE - K. Carter Penn St.
LT - S. Burkland Mich St.
C - C. Hobbi USC
LE - N. Spence OSU
LE - B. Beyer Michigan
DT - M. Bennett OSU
DT - O. Pipkins Michigan
MLB - E. Davis Mich St.
ROLB - D. Harris Mich St.
ROLB - Z. Anderson Nebraska
CB - T. Waynes Mich St.
FS - C. Cooper Nebraska
SS - H. Jackson Nebraska
RS - J. Hayes Michigan

Second Team All Americans
QB - T. Armstrong Nebraska
HB - D. Wilson OSU
LG - T. Brown OSU
C - T. Jackson Mich St.
RG - C. Kruse Mich St.
RT - T. Decker OSU
LE - M. Rush Mich St.
DT - V. Valentine Nebraska
DT - G. Uko USC
LOLB - R. Shazier OSU
LOLB - A. Sarao USC
CB - B. Roby OSU
CB - M. Seisay Nebraska
FS - V. Bell OSU
SS - D. Bailey USC
RS - A. Moore Nebraska

Freshman All Americans
HB - D. Wilson OSU
WR - L. Murray UCLA
LT - E. Lisle OSU
FS - V. Bell OSU

All American Breakdown By School
OSU - 10
Nebraska - 8
Mich St. - 8
USC - 5
Michigan - 3
UCLA - 2
Penn St. - 1

Players of the Year
B1G/PAC OPOTY - M. Jones UCLA
B1G/PAC DPOTY - N. Spence OSU
B1G/PAC Coach OTY - Pete Carrol Coach (Sly) I guess? No one really did anything special as this year turned out to be a slaughterhouse in the B1G.

We're now at Players Leaving. I plan on advancing this in either 24hrs, or first thing Saturday morning. In fact, for the remainder of the off-season we will be advancing every 24hrs excluding pre-season recruiting and redshirting.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Michigan r2a

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

The score does not really bely how much sly was in control the whole game. I had a lot of trouble moving against his defense and then his TE and Marqise Lee were just uncoverable. If I committed my safety to anything up giving help over the top Lee would break free. Lots of weapons there, but that secondary was truly frightening. My top two receivers never got separation the whole game

R2a. Losing a lot to graduation this year: 4 contributors on OL, over 3000 receiving yards, 1200 rushing yards, 15 sacks and 34 TFL.

Diodeous fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Jul 25, 2014

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Mike Gundy is my Offensive Coordinator :getin:

I lost a few good players but not alot. My team should be better next year.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I lost a Freshman Guard who was 70 OVR. He would've been 2nd string but he left for more playing time.

Good luck with that.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
11 Seniors getting drafted. Only one underclassman leaving, some scrub frosh who wants more playing time. Marquis Lee has been sitting at 99 OVR for two years now and has yet to try to leave.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

Diodeous posted:

The score does not really bely how much sly was in control the whole game. I had a lot of trouble moving against his defense and then his TE and Marqise Lee were just uncoverable. If I committed my safety to anything up giving help over the top Lee would break free. Lots of weapons there, but that secondary was truly frightening. My top two receivers never got separation the whole game

It's actually a little funny, that period where my defence was truly dominant and you threw a few picks was when I started calling regular Cover 2 and Cover1 man covereage. No blitzing or anything goofy. I don't watch my secondary when I'm on D so I can't speak to your seperation. Lee is nice to have, he either gets and immediate release or never will so I can ignore him and when you'd then move the safety up to the line...it was a good day. I've been lucky this season here and in the ACC with my two TE, both were (probably) the best in the league and had speed in the 80s but running ability like a running back. Corso's comment about too fast for LBs and too big for CBs was written for them. They shall be missed :salute:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I have the wonderful distinction of having beaten USC but losing to MSU.

I'll get my players leaving taken care of tonight. Really don't get how I had so many Award winners outside of Miller.

• Locked thread