Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should be included in the "Big 4"?
This poll is closed.
ZSB 1 11.11%
Piper 0 0%
John Brown 0 0%
Cletus 0 0%
Diodeous 1 11.11%
Der Juicen 3 33.33%
Slywalker 0 0%
Zimbomonkey 1 11.11%
Texas A' Wreckus 0 0%
AfterFather 0 0%
God 3 33.33%
Total: 9 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'm just as shocked as you are that I won that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're at off-season recruiting and holy gently caress I'm doing something wrong. I have the #24 ranked class while all of you encompass the top 6.

Anyway, I'll advance us again Sunday morning. Please post when you're r2a.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Michigan r2a

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

MSU r2a

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
UCLA r2a

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
Usc rta

Welcome Les Miles to sunny LA.

Slywalker13 fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jul 26, 2014

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm advancing us in 30mins or so.

Piper, are you still with us? You've been silent since bowl week.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're at Position Changes. I'm willing to wait until Monday night to advance, but only if it's requested. Otherwise we'll move forward Monday morning around 7:30am CT.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Michigan r2a

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

John Brown posted:

I'm advancing us in 30mins or so.

Piper, are you still with us? You've been silent since bowl week.

Piper tends to ignore the offseason anyway.

OSU R2A, so many DTs, not enough CB. Lots of young depth on this team though I'll be good for a number of years. Prb need to avoid FB formations this year though...

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jul 27, 2014

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

MSU is r2a

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Yeah I'm still here. I basically just live and die with user games. Recruiting, offseason moves and CPU games are just white noise to me.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
USC r2a.

Good luck next season y'all. I don't think I'll get all 22 starters above 90 OVR but it will be close. I will be the biggest limiting factor to this team's greatness. Oh and Marquis Lee is just silly, right now he'd be an 85 OVR half back.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Please move Marqise to HB for me

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're just waiting on Wreckus now, but it would appear he hasn't been online for 3 days now. If I don't here from him by 9 or 10pm CT tonight then I'll advance us around then.

I hate the offseason.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're now at Cuts. 24hrs gentlemen. Speak now if you need to reset your coaching points, or forever hold your peace.

E: Wow. A few of my guys had some great training results. Specifically my LOLB's OVR and SPD jumped 6 and 2 pts respectively. I think that's the highest I've seen of any player in both attributes.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jul 28, 2014

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Michigan r2a

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

R2a. Got a real good crop of freshmen this year.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Ugh that was probably the worst round of cuts I've had to do. #bigschoolproblens

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

There's more to it than being a big school. You consistently get a top 3 recruiting class year in and year out for each dynasty.

I really don't know how you do it, but I'm jealous.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I tried posting a go by in the ACC thread but based on everyone's replies it seems like we all do the same thing. I dump all my coach points into recruiting (other than antifreeze since I so depend on last second FGs) but otherwise...

Edit : I think I never mentioned pipeline States. I hit hard to establish those in the three big football States (TX, CA, FL). Not only are the bonus points nice but I feel like you get more recruits interested in you at the beginning of the season which is big. I may care too much about them: I left two scrubs on my team just so I'd keep Texas as a pipeline state.

Slywalker13 fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jul 28, 2014

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
UCLA r2a.

I would add Ohio to that recruiting mix as well. You would never have to recruit outside of your pipelines again.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Slywalker13 posted:

I tried posting a go by in the ACC thread but based on everyone's replies it seems like we all do the same thing. I dump all my coach points into recruiting (other than antifreeze since I so depend on last second FGs) but otherwise...

Edit : I think I never mentioned pipeline States. I hit hard to establish those in the three big football States (TX, CA, FL). Not only are the bonus points nice but I feel like you get more recruits interested in you at the beginning of the season which is big. I may care too much about them: I left two scrubs on my team just so I'd keep Texas as a pipeline state.

I do the same thing, but don't forget GA, PA and OH. A lot of talent coming out of those 6 states and if you can be a major player in all of them you can pull off great recruiting classes. I use pretty much the same strategy as you do Sly

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Pipelines and that coach skill are crucial.

TX, FL, GA, VA, CA, NC def my top states with NJ as a close behind those.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're at Redshirting and Recruiting! I've moved USC and UCLA into the B1G East with OSU and Penn St, and removed protected rivalries in an effort to ensure more user games.

Some UvU rivalries that survived the move are:
USC vs UCLA
Michigan vs Mich St.
Mich St. vs Penn St.
Penn St vs Nebraska
OSU vs Penn St.

...everyone hates Penn St and rightfully so. If you're scheduled against one of the top CPU teams please make sure to beat them. I don't want a repeat of last year.

Let's advance by 48hrs.

E: I'll try and make a new thread tomorrow but don't expect a write-up. I really don't care for them (or at least my own).

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Michigan r2a

So is The Game off the schedule?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

Michigan r2a

So is The Game off the schedule?

Nah we should be in the same division so no big.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Uh...I got news for ya.

I left "Known Games" on and tried 10 different schedule generations. None of them kept The Game.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Uh...I got news for ya.

I left "Known Games" on and tried 10 different schedule generations. None of them kept The Game.

Welp need to fix that next season.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Welp need to fix that next season.

Well drat I'll just leave protected rivalries on next time. Sorry guys, this is only my second offseason of which I've commished.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
It's funny you say that about Ohio because I had to cut a player to lose that pipeline state. I figure it's OK too since everyone else but AF would have an advantage on closeness to home. My only other option would be to cut one of my senior QBs whose a 95 OVR which was probably the best decision but just felt weird. We have finally been issued housing (yay!) and are moving I'm today so it may take me 72 hours if that's OK. I'll try to get it done sooner.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I just tried a few more times to set a schedule that includes The Game, and even with 7 user games, it still didn't work.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Just reread the first part of the thread. Don't give up on the preseason write up JB! It's one of the best parts of these dynasties.

Also we are now all in one conference now right and have lost the year end bowl game? It's a shame, I liked that part of this dynasty but makes sense given all the guys we've lost.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
UCLA R2A

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
USC r2a. This year looks like it will be a bloodbath in recruiting between Nebraska, tOSU, Mich, myself and MSU.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

This is true, but...

You guys have absolutely no chance of getting those top two Guards. I'd recommend you move on now and be more sufficient with your points.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I need to look at this, but can it wait until tomorrow?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I need to look at this, but can it wait until tomorrow?

Yup! I might advance after I get back from the gym around 8pm or so.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm writing up the OP right now. Who needs more time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

R2A, either EA's servers are being weird or my internet is just loving up. SO HARD TO STAY CONNECTED.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jul 31, 2014

• Locked thread