Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should be included in the "Big 4"?
This poll is closed.
ZSB 1 11.11%
Piper 0 0%
John Brown 0 0%
Cletus 0 0%
Diodeous 1 11.11%
Der Juicen 3 33.33%
Slywalker 0 0%
Zimbomonkey 1 11.11%
Texas A' Wreckus 0 0%
AfterFather 0 0%
God 3 33.33%
Total: 9 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Make it 10:15 PM and I can make it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office
PSU forces 4 INTs and grabs their first victory of the season over the Heels 42-13.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets

AfterFather posted:

Make it 10:15 PM and I can make it.

ready to play?

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Northwestern upsets #6 UCLA 42-35.

I went up 14-7 then got consecutive pick 6s off of Hundley. The first one I took over the FS and undercut a deep post route then broke 3 tackles for a TD on one of the finer plays I've ever made in NCAA. The 2nd one was a CPU INT in coverage but equally important. After those big plays for a 21 point lead going into halftime I just tried to milk the clock and protect the ball. I did just enough to hang on for a very good win

Good game as always, AF.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dammit Dio and DJ lol.

I'm advancing the minute I get back late Saturday night.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I've had a crazy busy week. Thought I graduated last week and got an email on Thursdayt saying they recalculated my grade and I was .005 to short to graduate. Sim me if you gotta

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

I've had a crazy busy week. Thought I graduated last week and got an email on Thursdayt saying they recalculated my grade and I was .005 to short to graduate. Sim me if you gotta

Oh poo poo, hell naw. I'm not going to sim anything I just thought it was funny that you and DJ were left - until I read this.

Who holds someone back on...a 200th of a credit?? I really hope they reconsider. All you should have to do is take an exit exam for some bullshit elective that falls within your field of study.

Def take care of that poo poo. We can wait.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I have to take an online course over the summer and if I get an A, I will graduate. I've been mad depressed over that poo poo and picking Blake Goddamn Bortles until they grabbed Marqiiiiiiiise and A-Rob last night. I should be free enough to play that sometime this evening or tonight.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
That's ridiculous. What does that boil down to...5 test questions over your whole college education? I had a teach in high school that would give anyone who was close the next higher grade since "our education system isn't precise enough to drop someone half a grade just for missing one question".

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Advanced to Week 5!

Thankfully Wisconsin won their sim vs Virginia.

User Matchups:
#11 USC (slywalker) at #16 Washington (zimbo)
#12 UCLA (AF) at #9 Michigan (cletus)
#6 Wisconsin (DJ) vs #3 OSU (ZSB) :siren: Game of the Week :siren:

CPU Games:
Penn State
Michigan State
Northwestern

Byes:
Nebraska

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

In or out DJ?

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
Out. :(

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I shall murder your team and claim my rightful spot atop the division.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Well, it was cool to see you on top of the throne for once. Anytime you see me playing a game you have shoot me an invite.

E: Wisconsin is AP'ed

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
AF, when can you play?

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office
The Nittany Lions end the undefeated run for the Golden Gophers and grab the Governor's Victory Bell with a 44-21 win.

Penn State looks to continue its run through the B1G sitting at 2-2.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

cletus42o posted:

AF, when can you play?

I'm free now and will be until 1 pm central tomorrow. Otherwise most nights after 10.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Zimbo, when do you want to go? Most evenings work for me.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

AfterFather posted:

I'm free now and will be until 1 pm central tomorrow. Otherwise most nights after 10.
Probably a long shot - but I am online this morning and may be available over the next hour or two. Going to hop in the shower now though, away for 20-30 minutes.

Otherwise, we should probably plan for tomorrow night or Wednesday night - I've got two games with ZSB and I'd like to knock those out tonight if possible.

edit - I'll be hanging around here a bit longer this morning. Let me know if you'll be able to play.

edit edit - Heading out for about an hour now (it's 10am Central now). Will be back though if you can play!

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 15:56 on May 12, 2014

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Great game AF.

Michigan squeaks by UCLA, 41-38. Won with a last second 50 yard field goal, on ice even. Ball barely made it through.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Great game cletus. I feel like the Dallas Cowboys with how I'm squandering my talent.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

AfterFather posted:

Great game cletus. I feel like the Dallas Cowboys with how I'm squandering my talent.
Yeah, I had to play almost perfectly and it still almost went into OT with the few costly mistakes on your side.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Zimbo, if you don't respond by 10pm CST today I'm going to put you on AP. It's been 3 days with no communication from you.

Please post soon :ohdear:

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Whoops, I missed the week advancing or something. I can play tonight, but I've been having some issues with my internet so I'm not sure how successful it will be.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I should be all good tonight NLT 830PM CDT. Post when you want to go.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Same deal, I think I'm good every night up to 830 central so post when works for you.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

If Sly and Zimbo play tonight then I'm advancing after they're done.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'll try to play mine shortly. Just had a brutal loss to piper in the ACC

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm advancing us before I go to bed tonight. Sly and Zimbo, work it out amongst yourselves.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Same deal Zimbo, I'm good from around 430 to 900 PM central start time tonight.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Zimbo, you have until 9pm CT or you're going on AP. I'm usually not this adamant(I think) but I saw both of you online last night and was really hoping the game would be played then.

Just to be clear, I'm not being vindictive or anything. It's just I'd like to get as many seasons in as possible and I was not satisfied at the overall speed of how often we advanced last season. I still plan on making exceptions for vacations, work, sickness, family events, and what not, but my primary ask is that people communicate. If not, the game is not that important enough for me to wait and I'd rather move on.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I'm on right now if you can go.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Logging on now

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'm not going to get a chance to play mine tonight (I went to suspension training and now my body regrets it), so hopefully I win my sim

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Your game is played fool. Looks like you won 35-28.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Good game Sly. Sorry I denied you a thrilling overtime by going for 2 at the end but I had some people pestering me to get offline. Still, I'll see you in the championship.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

zimbomonkey posted:

Good game Sly. Sorry I denied you a thrilling overtime by going for 2 at the end but I had some people pestering me to get offline. Still, I'll see you in the championship.

No worries, I considered it myself until I realized that my goaline D was the only D that showed up today.

USC squeaks by Washington in a nail bitter. Close one score game throughout with Wash having a slight edge by winning the toss and grabbing an early INT (on a desperate 3rd and 23 pass after a sack on a screen). We continue trading TDs and a FG each until, with 3 minutes left, Wash is forced to go for it on a 4th and 7 at midfield. I get my first QB pressure of the game when my MLB splits the A gap and grabs a sack moments after the snap. I'm already in field goal range so I'm just running the ball as much as possible when DJ breaks wide open and I am quickly trying to figure out if I want to score to duck out of bounds. Due to my indecision I hop out on the 2 inch line and then score 2 play later. Zimbo then decides to return the only KO of the game despite being 8 yards deep and takes it to my 40. He gets it to my 5 with 80 seconds left and I start burning timeouts but he manages to punch it in with 40 seconds left on 3rd down (oh man if you had to wait one more down and burned the clock until there was no time left...that would have been intense). He scores and goes for the aforementioned 2 but one of my linebackers jumps infront of the pass at the last second and grabs the INT to seal the game. Good game Zimbo. #2 on my ESPN classics, makes me wonder what is #1.

I need to figure out how to stop you. I may have you 2 games to 1 but my victories are always by the skin of my teeth and your victory was sound and assured. I was keying in on Austin and double teaming him and you'd still get a pass off to him. I feel like maybe if I could press him I might have some luck but I don't think you can press a close in TE.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Also I guess I should mention that I'm going out of town from tomorrow to next Saturday or Sunday so you should probably AP me.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Advanced to Week 6!

User Matchups:

:siren:#4 Nebraska(JB) at #1 OSU(ZSB):siren:

CPU Games:
Penn State
Northwestern
Zimbo
UCLA

Byes:
Michigan
Michigan St
USC
UCLA

zimbomonkey posted:

Also I guess I should mention that I'm going out of town from tomorrow to next Saturday or Sunday so you should probably AP me.

Seeing as we only have one user game, and you're matched up against a pretty weak CPU Arizona team, I may ask for another advance and pause there. I'll likely be in Austin next weekend, but regardless, I'm usually understanding of vacations or lengthy trips from home.

Let's see how this (game)week plays out.

Z, you want to try for this weekend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Yeah man we can shoot for sometime on Sunday probably.

• Locked thread