Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Wanda

Wanda looks utterly neutral, playing with a pair of owlbear feathers, one in either hand, taking turns hiding her eyes or her mouth in a play at feather-dancing. She covers her eyes. "I suppose it is a mystery." She covers her mouth. "Let us sell our goods, meet with the others and determine a course of action." She uncovers both. "If we do not have a definitive edge on which lead to pursue..." She covers both eyes and mouth.

"I suggest we investigate the scribble."

We wanna sell these here owlbear parts, lets meet one of those traders in town we just learned about!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Grub

Staring at the map while Wanda does a weird dance, Grub stares at the scribble. Unresponsive and focused like a wizard unraveling an explosive arcane bomb, Grub stops moving and simply stands, and stares. This drags out for what feels an eternity, the tiny goblin unmoving and unresponsive. A concerned townsman approaches the goblin, which cause the goblin to turn his head, stare still in place. Regretting his approach he turns to leave when Grub calls out "HEY! Where dis?" Holding out the map Grub points to the scribbled mark, "Where dis at?"

Streetwise for local area lore: 1d20+2 22 I found the second good roll guys!

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Grub

The startled townsman stands there for a moment, baffled at the goblin asking him about a scribble on a map. He tries to be polite, looks at the map, and tells you it's somewhere to the northwest of the village, as you already knew from looking at the map yourself. Defeated, the townsman withdraws, apologizing for not being any more help.

Wanda

You bring the skins to the trader you believe to be most interested in these sort of hunting goods. As you approach his small open-air store, with goods lying on shelves and tables here and there with very little method, he immediately recognizes the feathery furs and distinctly shaped beaks. "Owlbear hunters! We don't see many of your kind, good... sir?" he's visibly confused as how to address a warforged and tries to send an apologetic expression your way. "I'm more than willing to pay a pretty penny if you choose to offload these at my fine establishment."

You talk for a bit, casually bartering back and forth as he inspects the skins and the integrity of the beaks, and eventually he settles on offering no more than 350gp for the lot.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Wanda

Hey folks lets wake up and pick a lead to pursue.

Wanda looks up and down her own body, then back at the merchant directly. "I'm a girl." She then politely engages in the standard back and forth necessary for two competing senses of greed and entitlement to feel they have suitably hoodwinked one another and offers him a hand to shake. "That is a wonderful price. Thank you."

Determined to waste no more time letting the trail grow colder, Wanda pockets 58 gold, 33 silver and 33 copper from her share of the loot and looks to Grub as they stand outside the store. She reaches up to her face and pinches her own cheeks, then gives them a little twist and flips the panels around the corners of her mouth, switching them over to the palette of a smile. "Chef Grub, does Sergeant Clementine have a lunch bell on her person?" She then tells him of her plan to round up everybody else before they spend all day in bed.

---

Assuming we can round everybody else in the party back up at the inn we're staying at, Wanda randomly gives everybody 58 Golden Coins, 33 Silver Coins, 33 Copper Coins and then random shares of a single worthless copper she has broken into fractions. "Mathematics are never wrong."

"Ahem." She reproduces the map and sets it on the table they're all presumably sitting at. "All we have learned so far is that this town is beset by strange happenings. That is unfortunate. But it does not bring us any closer to completing our mission. If nothing else points to a better solution I believe we are obligated to investigate this area." She points to the scribble.

"... I believe a young man wanted to show us to a small tower south of here. Maybe we could stop there first?" She twiddles her thumbs, an action that causes them to pass bits of electricity back and forth in split-second zaps.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Arelon

Arelon scratches the back of his head, carefully pocketing the mangled copper. "Well, I figure we should probably investigate the spot on the map first. That one seems the most likely, and if it doesn't work out we can check out the tower."

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
You look more closely at the map and realize, that if this map is to scale, which you have no way of knowing, the scratched out area would take days, maybe a week to search through with just the six of you. Not only is it an enormous portion of land, but the entire area mapped out is nothing but dense forests, cliffs and ravines.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Wanda

Wanda folds her hands and sets them gently on the table, waiting patiently and politely. She looks at the map. She looks at her allies. The map. Her allies. The maaaaaaap. Oh, what is that, map? You think I don't have time to investigate your mysteries? What, will I run out of food? Will I succumb to the elements? Will I become bored? Wanda's eyes flicker with immense concentration, her mental ticking become audible for a second as she considers the very folly of daring her to not organize something.

Her ticking winds down as she considers her last thought. Of course you can organize land. You just map it out and it is organized. She flicks her cheek-panels back to smiling again and realizes she has been glaring at the map for several minutes. She looks to her friends and gives a tight nod. "Mmm. Unless you had any other leads?"

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Adaon

"I must confess I feel hesitant leaving the town after their...problems," Adaon says, having quietly joined them a while back, "but I agree that we have more pressing concerns at hand. Let us be on, then, my fellows. We have a missing person to find."

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Grub

"Ya, but if we see tower now scribbles still be there tomorrow too. It like mirror!" looking at Wanda stare at the map realization strikes Grub "Oh! OH! How dis? Man show us tower, we see its stuffs, and if that dun work, we walk over to scribbles from tower! Dat way man shows us tower den can go back to workin' an' feed family an' we get to tha tower!"

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Wanda

Lets have that guy show us to that southern tower!

"That is acceptable, Chef." Wanda nods again.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
In the interest of cutting ahead, I'll just assume I was drowning my sorrows with Yuen in earshot, as per Trier and I talking in chat.

Sidari

Sid stumbled in, using her spear to keep herself steady occasionally, and stumbled over to where her companions were seated. Just as Adaon mentioned a missing person.
"Yeah! 'nd some drunk broad says her husband keeps fleein' into the night," She sat down, tipping the chair as she did so, before steadying herself, "Sounds like a...whatchacallit..." She snapped her fingers, "Werewolf! Yeah. One o' them."
"We should help 'er. Who knows, maybe we'll figure out what took the Warlords son? Better talk to her. She's still drinkin' at the tavern."
Sid leaned back in her chair, putting her feet on the table.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Yuen

"Werewolves, very dangerous, had one in Koboldtown once, ran extortion. People are exceedingly willing to pay when they are liable to be eaten piece by piece. Or their whole family, kobolds are not very large nor filling. But, if the tower is our destination, the tower is our destination."

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
You find the man who offered guiding you, and set off from the village gate. You travel for a short distance down the road, then he leads you off an old, abandoned road. You follow it for a while, deeper into the lush green forest, and eventually you see the tower rising in the distance. It's an old watch tower, property of the Karrnathi military. Hardly much of a ruin, as it still stands tall as ever, but the door has rotted to pieces and clearly no-one has visited for a very long time. You might be able to find some information in here about local military installations, such as a certain Castle.

SKILL CHALLENGE

This is going to be an easy one, 6/3 and you can use anything you have at your disposal, from powers to skills to just being clever. You're searching for anything that can deliver you more specific information on the location of the castle. The tower is split into 4 floors; a basement with a jail and storage area, a main floor with equipment and operational materials, a 2nd floor with living quarters, and the officer's personal quarters on the third floor.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Adaon

"Well, now..." Adaon carefully enters the tower, looking around for any signs of maps or missives; anything he might be able to use to piece together what used to be here. "Let's see what we can gather up..."

History at d20+10=18.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Grub

Grub immediately sets to the higher floors and spies a bookshelf in a corner that's structurally unsound. With a leap Grub gets across and doesn't trigger a collapse due to his small size. Getting at books and papers on the shelf in the precarious area Grub returns and hands them to someone who could actually make sense of what's written down.

Climbin' Stuff: 1d20+10 22

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Arelon

On a hunch, Arelon enters the living quarters. Surely, the place most frequented by people would be the most likely to have some sort of clue. As he passes by a desk, he pauses. Something about the pattern of stains on the wood sticks in his mind, as if he's seen it somewhere before...

Attempting to use cast fortunes. Given that it usually just foresees d20 rolls, I'm not sure what if anything would be appropriate here (or if the power itself would even be helpful)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Wanda

Wanda throws her hands up and exhales dramatically, which as she understands is what causes a gasp. Then she immediately sets to work tidying up the 2nd floor. After all, the best way to discover the history of a place is to retread the steps of those who have lived in it.

History 19

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Sorry, family crisis has made posting hard. But not impossible. Here's something.

Sidari

As her head finally stopped throbbing, Sid concentrated as best she could at finding any sort of clues in the area.
"Guess I'll go see if I can find anything in the officers quarters."
Her leaping ability made short work of the stones (ooc: yes even with a 4 :negative:), and brought her quickly to the top. Not quite sure what to look for, Sid decided to concentrate on finding things she KNEW would be helpful; prisoner documents. Anything that detailed the life and crimes of anyone in the prison. If not a concrete lead (depending on how the tower was ruined) it might at least mention something to the north that the scribbles might hide.

Dunno if Cast Fortune fades, but if so...
Running Start; Athletics: 1d20+12 27
Else 16
Perception to spot anything important (anything about prison dates, prisoners with claws, and the areas up north that might be hidden, especially); Perception: 1d20+9 26
Else 10

Classtoise fucked around with this message at 06:10 on May 16, 2014

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
cutting it short, cause, eh, you guys did good.

SKILL CHALLENGE OVER

Adaon
You discover an old map, almost withered but clearly showing a castle in the upper-left corner of the area that was scribbled out on your makeshift map, you now know the approximate area, but would still need to find out how to actually get there.

Grub
You find a small leather-wrapped booklet that you bring to Yuen, who identifies it as a scout's report-book. You go over it together, and discover details on pathways throughout the forest.

Arelon
You get a plethora of different images, none of them seemingly related to the task at hand, and you consider that looking into the future would serve little purpose in an place with only a past.

Wanda
You tidy up and sort the different documents into journals, maps, watch reports, and so on. This helps:

Sidari
To discover a vital sergeant's report on a patrol route leading along an abandoned and seemly disconnected road, beginning somewhere north of the village and leading towards the area Adaon found the castle mapped out to.

Result:

You now have the exact location on the map, as well as a way to get there. You begin heading in that direction, and after a few hours you discover the abandoned road. Overgrown and worn down, it's hard to travel on, but definitely better than cutting your way through the brush.

Eventually the road leads into a clearing, from which you can see a cliff rising in the distance. These wind-swept stones look untamed and unsettled, but as you get closer you see the top of a tower rising behind the lowest of the cliff's peaks. Likely the castle you've been searching for. The road winds up around the cliff and probably towards the main gate of the castle.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Wanda

Wanda tilts her head and takes in the majestic castle for a second. Then she looks to the others and politely puts her hands together before bowing her head. "This seems like an awful lot of trouble for an officer's son. Maybe something is amiss?" She flips her cheek panels and smiles at Sidari. "If we are expected, perhaps you could take point?"

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Grub

Grub begins the march up the path toward the Castlevania, cautiously checking the road for any kind of trap or prepared ambush, followed by the good Sergeant a few feet away.

Perception to spot ambush/traps/things on the road up: 1d20+6 16 Glad that was rolled.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Sidari

Sid nodded and grabbed her spear, heading to the front of the group.
"Right, good thinking, Wanda."
She shuffled her things around and snapped her helmet on. It might seem counter-intuitive, as she began to help Grub spy the wilderness, but she had trained to jump with pinpoint accuracy wearing the helmet, avoiding weapons and finding chinks in armor. It only stood to reason that she'd be able to spot traps and ambush points with it on (ooc: UNLESS ANDROC WANTS TO RUIN THAT)

"It has long been abandoned, according to the report. But were it truly free of danger, there'd be no reason to plot a patrol route."

Perception: 1d20+9 24
Or...uh...:negative: 11

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
You notice a drainage outlet protruding from the cliff face above. With a bit of athletic prowess, you could climb the wall and enter it. Alternatively, the road looks clear and ambush-free, and would be considerably easier and probably less hazardous to travel by.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Wanda

Sewers are dirty. Wanda will stick to the road, thank you.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Sidari

"The drainage pipe is likely the quietest and sneakiest way in...but then, I don't think we're exactly expecting to have to sneak in. We'll keep it in mind and use the main road for the time being."

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
COMBAT ENCOUNTER

You follow the road to the keep. The gates are open, one about to fall off its hinges, both rotten and clearly haven't moved in a long, long time. You cautiously head inside, and as you pass through the gateway, several lycanthropes begin crawling out of the woodwork with cautious curiousity, sniffing and smelling and eyeing you up.

Initiative

initiative count - name (coordinates) - hp; ac defence; fortitude defence; reflex defence; will defence; special conditions
26 - Yuen (N11) - HP 32/32; AC 17; F 12; R 18; W 15
21 - Werewolf Scavenger (K17) - HP 54/54; AC 19; F 19; R 18; W 16
20 - Adaon (M10) - HP 35/35; AC 19; F 14; R 18; W 19
19 - Werewolf Scavenger (D9) - HP 54/54; AC 19; F 19; R 18; W 16
18 - Sidari (L11) - HP 40/40; AC 19; F 19; R 15; W 14
14 - Grub (L9) - HP 38/38; AC 22; F 19; R 19; W 14
12 - Frenzied Werewolf (G4) - HP 78/78; AC 18; F 19; R 18; W 16
10 - Werewolf Scavenger (F19) - HP 54/54; AC 19; F 19; R 18; W 16
7 - Frenzied Werewolf (F16) - HP 78/78; AC 18; F 19; R 18; W 16
3 - Arelon (O12) - HP 40/40; AC 21; F 16; R 17; W 15
2 - Wanda (O9) - HP 33/33; AC 17; F 14; R 18; W 18

Notes:
Characters with a red circle are marked by Sidari. Characters with a green circle are marked by Arelon
Characters with a skull are dead.
Characters with a snail are slowed.
The roof-looking tiles are the roof of the stables, you can head inside under it, or climb it with a DC15 Athletics or Acrobatics roll. Each tile has a support beam below it that can be cut down as a standard action, collapsing the roof tile above it.
Anyone who enters a Well square must make a saving throw to avoid falling in, and instead go prone. Falling into the well means a DC10 athletics check to make it back out. The well is 3 squares deep, and climbing costs 2 squares of movement per square of climbing. (So getting out of the well means 6 squares of movement, plus the check)

Next up: Yuen

Trier fucked around with this message at 21:33 on May 21, 2014

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Yuen

"Werewolves! My first deduction since my questioning. Attention, lyanthropic perpetrators! If you are capable of speech, speak now and make your case! We may go easy on you if you do so."

Diplomacy: Bloodshed is not the Only Solution! = 22

pre:
Yuen   						 
HP: 32/32 (THP: )        AC:   17    Passive Insight: 10
Surges: 6/6 (V: 8)       For:  12    Passive Perception: 15
Initiative: +8   	Ref:  19    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6     	        Will: 15    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Argon

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Preparatory Shot        [ ] Unbalancing Shot                  [ ] Trick Strike
Deft Strike             [ ] Trickster's Blade                 [ ] Targeting Hand Crossbow
                        [ ] Mark of the Vigilante             [ ] Robe of Contingency
                        [ ] Implacable Advance
                        [ ] Flock Tactics
                        [ ] Double Take
                        [ ] Rebounding Hand Crossbow

Conditionals/Resists: 
First Strike: CA against targets who haven't acted yet
Artful Dodger: Add CHA mod to AC against OA attacks 
Quick Draw: Use item in same action as equipping it; +2 Initiative
Flock Effect: When granted CA from flanking, +3 to attack rolls instead of +2
Investigation Gear: +2 to Perception checks when investigating specific areas

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
COMBAT ENCOUNTER

As Yuen speaks out, the werewolf eyes an opportunity to attack. It leaps across the courtyard and tries to put a claw in the bird-man, but as its feet hit the ground, they collapse under it, sending the werewolf tumbling forward and hurting itself.

Move: M12
Standard: Bounding vs AC: 1d20+10 11 1d10+6 9
Half damage taken from critical fumble: 4

Initiative

initiative count - name (coordinates) - hp; ac defence; fortitude defence; reflex defence; will defence; special conditions
26 - Yuen (N11) - HP 32/32; AC 17; F 12; R 18; W 15
21 - Werewolf Scavenger (M12) - HP 50/54; AC 19; F 19; R 18; W 16
19 - Werewolf Scavenger (D9) - HP 54/54; AC 19; F 19; R 18; W 16

Notes:
Characters with a red circle are marked by Sidari. Characters with a green circle are marked by Arelon
The roof-looking tiles are the roof of the stables, you can head inside under it, or climb it with a DC15 Athletics or Acrobatics roll. Each tile has a support beam below it that can be cut down as a standard action, collapsing the roof tile above it.
Anyone who enters a Well square must make a saving throw to avoid falling in, and instead go prone. Falling into the well means a DC10 athletics check to make it back out. The well is 3 squares deep, and climbing costs 2 squares of movement per square of climbing. (So getting out of the well means 6 squares of movement, plus the check)

Next up: Adaon

Trier fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 25, 2014

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Adaon

"Stand firm, friends!" Adaon says as Yuen backs away from the werewolf. "Let us avenge the fallen townsfolk!" However, despite his brave words, his sword does little to wound the enemy.

Before my turn; on the miss, slide Yuen to O10 with Virtue of Cunning
Move; to N12, avoiding OA
Standard; Guiding Strike at d20+10=17. Miss!

pre:
Adaon   						 
HP: 35/35 (THP: )        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 18
Surges: 8/8 (V: 8)       For:  14    Passive Perception: 16
Initiative: +1   	 Ref:  18    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6     	         Will: 19    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

Guiding Strike          [ ] Cunning Ferocity                 [ ] Stirring Shout
Vicious Mockery         [ ] Fey Step                         
                        [ ] Lesser Dimensional Step             
                        [ ][ ] Majestic Word
                        [ ] Moment of Escape
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship

Conditionals/Resists: 
Amulet of Physical Resolve: Gain a +2 bonus to saving throws against poison effects or 
effects that render you weakened, slowed or immobilized.
Blade Initiate: Once per day, as a minor action, gain +1 AC until the end of the encounter 
while you wield a blade, or +3 if you have a hand free.  
Eladrin Swordmage Advance: When you use fey step to teleport to a square adjacent to an enemy,
you can make a melee basic attack against that enemy as a free action.
Eladrin Will: Gain a +2 bonus to saving throws against charm effects.
Illiyanbruen Guardian: When you use fey step, you can take one adjacent ally with you.
That ally teleports to a square adjacent to your destination.
Intelligent Blademaster: Use Int instead of Str for MBAs.
Song of Rest: During a rest, when a character spends healing surges, that character adds your Charisma modifier (+4)
to each surge they spend.
Virtue of Cunning: Once per round, when an enemy attack misses an ally within 9 suqares, 
you can slide that ally 1 square as a free action.

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
COMBAT ENCOUNTER

The other wolf snarls tauntingly at its packmate, and begins dashing towards you, fangs bared.

Move: J10

Initiative

26 - Yuen (O10) - HP 32/32; AC 17; F 12; R 18; W 15
21 - Werewolf Scavenger (M12) - HP 50/54; AC 19; F 19; R 18; W 16
19 - Werewolf Scavenger (J10) - HP 54/54; AC 19; F 19; R 18; W 16

Notes:

Next up: Sidari, Grub

Trier fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 25, 2014

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Sidari

"Move back! Don't let them surround us! Flank them if you can!" Her strike went wide as the wolf closed in. Using the other werewolf for leverage, she bounded up and over the wolf and landed safely at range, taunting the one she had struck with her spear.

Steel Serpent Strike vs AC, Reach 1: 1d20+11 14 2d10+5 23
Of course I'd hit it like a loving semi truck on a miss. Why wouldn't I?
Using Fey Step to teleport to N14
Marking Werewolf at J10

[/sub]

pre:
Sidari Arasul   						 
HP: 40/40 (THP: )        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 10/10 (V: 10)    For:  19    Passive Perception: 19
Initiative: +3   	 Ref:  15    Action Points: 1
Speed: 5     	         Will: 14    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven, Primordial

Combat Challenge        [ ] Wind Fury Assault                [ ] Harrier's Ploy
Combat Agility          [X] Fey Step                         
Weapon Master's Strike  [X] Steel Serpent Strike             
Threatening Rush        [ ] Mighty Leap
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Armor-Piercing Thrust
                        [ ] Greatspear of Surrounding

Conditionals/Resists: 
Spear Expertise: +1 to damage rolls when charging with a spear.
Swift Spear: When you hit with an Opportunity Attack with a spear, 
  you can also slide that enemy 1 square to a space adjacent to you. 
Mobile Challenge: After you hit an enemy with a melee attack granted by your Combat Challenge, you may shift 1 square.
Combat Challenge: May mark any enemy that you attack, hit or miss. 
  If that enemy shifts or makes an attack that does not include you, they take a -2 to that attack roll,
  and you may make the Combat Challenge attack as an immediate reaction.
Boots of Adept Charging: May shift 1 square after a charge.
Reinforcing Scale Mail: If you take melee damage, +1 to all defenses until SoNT.
Lesser Badge of the Berserker: +4 to all defenses for Opportunity Attacks provoked by charging.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Spotting what he thinks to be a lurking werewolf Grub cries out at it "No! BAD PUPPY!" rushing it he swings his sword wildly, the blade digging into the were's leg. "Bad dogs get PUNISHED. By Grub! Grub punish 'em!"

Minor: Activate Defender Aura
Move: Walk to H4
Standard: Run Down vs AC: 1d20+10 28 1d10+6 15 Raging WorgenFrenzied Werewolf takes 15 damage and is slowed until end of my next turn

pre:
Grub   						 
HP: 38/38 (THP: )        AC:   20    Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 8/8 (V: 9)       For:  19    Passive Perception: 16
Initiative: +5   	Ref:  19    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6     	        Will: 14    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Goblin

Goblin Tactics          [ ] Takedown Strike                  [ ] Life-Ending Strike
Vengeful Guardian       [ ] Savage Cut                         
Defender Aura           [ ] Nomad's Rush             
Jarring Smash           [ ] Implacable Advance
Run Down                [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Spidersilk Mantle
                        [ ] Student of the Sword

Conditionals/Resists: 
Heavy Blade Expertise: +2 to all defenses against OAs
Defender Aura: +2 AC while Defender Aura is active. Enemies in aura take -2 to hit targets other than Grub and will be attacked by
Vengeful Guardian if they shift or attack not-Grub. Marked enemies are not affected by the aura.
Goblin Totem Weapon: When attacking foes larger then Grub +1 to damage rolls.

ArkInBlack fucked around with this message at 12:42 on May 29, 2014

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
COMBAT ENCOUNTER

As Grub's swing connects, the frenzied wolfman lashes out wildly with his claws, completely going over the head of the small-of-statue but great-of-courage cook.

Standard: Lycanthrope Fury vs. AC: 2#1d20+11 18 19 2d8+3 13 1d10+7 8

His nearby compatriot begins to realize the fight isn't as one-sided as the pack suspected at first, and quickly leaps in to attack the armor-clad Eladrin, knocking her off her feet and planting a jaw around her shoulder.

Move: L16
Standard: Bounding Charge to M15 vs. AC: 1d20+10 28 1d10+6 11

Finally, the last werewolf charges towards the proned Sidari, spotting an opportunity, but misses.

Move: L14
Charge: M14
MBA: Charge vs. AC: 1d20+11 14 1d10+7 16

Initiative

26 - Yuen (O10) - HP 32/32; AC 17; F 12; R 18; W 15
21 - Werewolf Scavenger (J14) - HP 50/54; AC 19; F 19; R 18; W 16
19 - Werewolf Scavenger (J10) - HP 54/54; AC 19; F 19; R 18; W 16 Marked by Sidari
14 - Grub (H4) - HP 38/38; AC 22; F 19; R 19; W 14
12 - Frenzied Werewolf (G4) - HP 63/78; AC 18; F 19; R 18; W 16; Slowed
10 - Werewolf Scavenger (M15) - HP 54/54; AC 19; F 19; R 18; W 16
7 - Frenzied Werewolf (M14) - HP 78/78; AC 18; F 19; R 18; W 16

Notes:
Characters with a backpain dude are prone.

Next up: Arelon, Wanda, Yuen

Trier fucked around with this message at 16:12 on May 22, 2014

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Arelon

Wasting no time, Arelon raises his sword and rushes the werewolf directly in front of him, lightning crackling down his blade. The werewolf dodges his initial sweep, but Arelon then feints with a cross slash that sends his own sword flying in a soaring arc towards the werewolf engaging Sidari. In a flash, Arelon teleports into the sky, sword in hand, and brings it down with an echoing crack of thunder that splits the pavement.

...And misses entirely the werewolf that had been standing in the spot a second prior.

Dual lightning strike, first hit misses, teleport to L14, second hit misses. I probably had this coming, Sidari pls remove voodoo curse.

pre:
Adaon   						 
HP: 40/40 (THP: )        AC:   21    Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 10/10 (V: 10)    For:  16    Passive Perception: 18
Initiative: +1   	Ref:  17    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6     	        Will: 15    Vision: normal

Aegis of Assault        [ ] Second Wind                       [ ] Vanishing Blade
Greenflame Blade        [ ] Goring Charge                     [ ] Arcane Transport   
Lightning Lure          [ ] Cast Fortune                      [ ] Genasi Soul Armor (Firedeath)
                        [ ] Second Wind                       [ ] Aegis Blade
                        [ ] Flame Cyclone                     [ ] Amulet of Resolution
                        [X] Dual Lightning Strike

Conditionals/Resists: 
Opportunity Gore: Use Goring Charge instead of opportunity attacks without expending it.
Swordbond: Can recall/repair weapon.
Swordmage Warding: +3 AC while one hand is free.
Aegis of Assault: When mark is violated within 10 squares, immediate reaction to teleport adjacent and MBA.

Androc fucked around with this message at 21:59 on May 24, 2014

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Wanda

Wanda tilts her head and watches the Wolfmen come. She particularly studies the Wolfman at M12, her ticking accelerating as she engages in a bit of Calculated Acumen, immediately discerning any classical vulnerabilities the popular creature of myth may have. She also gains Combat Advantage against it right before she raises her hand and points at it, the delicate arcane shards hanging from her arm rising up and pressing together as a delicate sphere. Within the sphere she generates a great amount of chronomatic energy and... watches it fizzle back down again, nothing interesting coming up. She shrugs and walks around the door to N7.

"Fascinating."

Use Calculated Acumen to learn any Vulnerabilities of Werewolf M12
This also grants CA but with a big old whiff on Betrayal...
I move to N7 and end turn.

pre:
Wanda

HP: 33/33 (THP: )        AC:   17    Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 8/8 (V: 7)       For:  14    Passive Perception: 16
Initiative: +1   	 Ref:  18    Action Points: 1/1
Speed: 6     	         Will: 18    
Languages: Common, Read All

Power Points: 4/4
At Will			Encounter		     Daily
Dimensional Scramble    [ ] Minor Creation           [ ] Living Missile
Mind Lock               [ ] Shaped Consciousness     [ ] Orb of Menacing Impulse
Betrayal                [ ] Warforged Resolve        [ ] Amulet of Resolution
                        [ ] Arcane Mutterings
                        [X] Calculated Acumen
                        [ ] Stoneskin Cloth
                        [ ] Sudden Spark

Rituals: Tenser's Floating Disc, Sending(1/Day)

Conditionals/Resists:
Resilience: +2 on Saves against Ongoing
Unsleeping: 4 Hours of Inactivity counts as Rest
Orb Expertise: +1 to Push/Pull/Slide
World Serpent's Grasp: Slow/Immobilized targets Hit are knocked Prone
Spectacles: Read any Language

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Yuen

The werewolves, undeterred by his offers of peace (as Yuen should have expected from his experience as a detective!), begin to assault Yuen's compatriots! Drawing his twin crossbows in the flash of an eye, he springs into movement, bursting from the doorway out into the open, until he has line of sight with the mangy wolfman threatening his Dragoon friend.

"You instinct driven beasts! I'll teach you the error of your actions soon enough!"

Moving to J5

Using Flock Tactics, the Frenzied Werewolf at M14 grants combat advantage until the end of my next turn.

Striking a brief pose, Yuen fires his crossbow at the villainous wretch, striking it in the back, causing it to stumble backward!

Trick Strike on M14 Frenzied Werewolf, striking for 12 damage + 5 sneak attack damage for a total of 17 damage, sliding it to L14
pre:
Yuen   						 
HP: 32/32 (THP: )        AC:   17    Passive Insight: 10
Surges: 6/6 (V: 8)       For:  12    Passive Perception: 15
Initiative: +8   	Ref:  19    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6     	        Will: 15    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Argon

Preparatory Shot        [ ] Unbalancing Shot                  [x] Trick Strike
Deft Strike             [ ] Trickster's Blade                 [ ] Targeting Hand Crossbow
                        [ ] Mark of the Vigilante             [ ] Robe of Contingency
                        [ ] Implacable Advance
                        [x] Flock Tactics
                        [ ] Double Take
                        [ ] Rebounding Hand Crossbow

Conditionals/Resists: 
First Strike: CA against targets who haven't acted yet
Artful Dodger: Add CHA mod to AC against OA attacks 
Quick Draw: Use item in same action as equipping it; +2 Initiative
Flock Effect: When granted CA from flanking, +3 to attack rolls instead of +2
Investigation Gear: +2 to Perception checks when investigating specific areas

Moved to J5
Using Flock Tactics, the Frenzied Werewolf at M14 grants combat advantage until the end of my next turn.
Trick Strike on M14 Frenzied Werewolf, striking for 12 damage + 5 sneak attack damage for a total of 17 damage, sliding it to L14

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
COMBAT ENCOUNTER

Standard: Bounding Charge vs. AC on Arelon (Move to L13 and gain CA): 1d20+10+2 27 1d10+6 15
Arelon falls Prone

Initiative

26 - Yuen (J5) - HP 32/32; AC 17; F 12; R 18; W 15
21 - Werewolf Scavenger (L13) - HP 50/54; AC 19; F 19; R 18; W 16
19 - Werewolf Scavenger (J10) - HP 54/54; AC 19; F 19; R 18; W 16 Marked by Sidari
18 - Sidari (L11) - HP 40/40; AC 19; F 19; R 15; W 14 Prone
7 - Frenzied Werewolf (L15) - HP 61/78; AC 18; F 19; R 18; W 16
3 - Arelon (L14) - HP 25/40; AC 21; F 16; R 17; W 15 Prone
2 - Wanda (N7) - HP 33/33; AC 17; F 14; R 18; W 18

Notes:
Characters with a skull are dead. Characters with a Fist gives combat advantage.
Characters with a snail are slowed. Characters with a backpain dude are prone.

Next up: Adaon

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Adaon

"Hold fast, Arelon!" Adaon moves forward, slashing with his blade at the werewolf threatening the minotaur, who gets a moment to crawl away to safety. "They will not vanquish a Bastion Squad so easily!"

Move; to M12.
Minor; Majestic Word on Arelon, healing him for a total of 14 HP and sliding him to K14.
Stanard; Guiding Strike for d20+12=23 and damage at d10+6=10. Frenzied Werewolf takes -2 to AC UEOMNT.

Conditional; if Sidari is missed before my next turn, slide her to N15 or M15 or M14, whichever is available at the time, in that order of importance (i.e. slide to N15; if not available, to M15; if that's not available either, to M14.)

pre:
Adaon   						 
HP: 35/35 (THP: )        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 18
Surges: 8/8 (V: 8)       For:  14    Passive Perception: 16
Initiative: +1   	 Ref:  18    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6     	         Will: 19    Vision: Low-Light

Guiding Strike          [ ] Cunning Ferocity                 [ ] Stirring Shout
Vicious Mockery         [ ] Fey Step                         
                        [ ] Lesser Dimensional Step             
                        [X][ ] Majestic Word
                        [ ] Moment of Escape
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Words of Friendship

Conditionals/Resists: 
Amulet of Physical Resolve: Gain a +2 bonus to saving throws against poison effects or 
effects that render you weakened, slowed or immobilized.
Blade Initiate: Once per day, as a minor action, gain +1 AC until the end of the encounter 
while you wield a blade, or +3 if you have a hand free.  
Eladrin Swordmage Advance: When you use fey step to teleport to a square adjacent to an enemy,
you can make a melee basic attack against that enemy as a free action.
Eladrin Will: Gain a +2 bonus to saving throws against charm effects.
Illiyanbruen Guardian: When you use fey step, you can take one adjacent ally with you.
That ally teleports to a square adjacent to your destination.
Song of Rest: During a rest, when a character spends healing surges, that character adds your Charisma modifier (+4)
to each surge they spend.
Virtue of Cunning: Once per round, when an enemy attack misses an ally within 9 suqares, 
you can slide that ally 1 square as a free action.

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
COMBAT ENCOUNTER

As Sidari is knocked down by one of the wolfman's compatriots, he sets his sight on the nearest prey, and with a leap and a swing of the paw, the brave Bard collapses under the force of the hulking beast.

Standard: Bounding Charge vs. AC: 1d20+10 21 1d10+6 11

Initiative

26 - Yuen (J5) - HP 32/32; AC 17; F 12; R 18; W 15
21 - Werewolf Scavenger (L13) - HP 40/54; AC 19; F 19; R 18; W 16 Minus 2 AC, putting it at 17
20 - Adaon (M12) - HP 24/35; AC 19; F 14; R 18; W 19 Prone
19 - Werewolf Scavenger (L11) - HP 54/54; AC 19; F 19; R 18; W 16 Marked by Sidari
18 - Sidari (L11) - HP 40/40; AC 19; F 19; R 15; W 14 Prone
7 - Frenzied Werewolf (L15) - HP 61/78; AC 18; F 19; R 18; W 16
3 - Arelon (K14) - HP 39/40; AC 21; F 16; R 17; W 15 Prone
2 - Wanda (N7) - HP 33/33; AC 17; F 14; R 18; W 18

Notes:
Characters with a skull are dead. Characters with a Fist gives combat advantage.
Characters with a snail are slowed. Characters with a backpain dude are prone.

Next up: Sidari, Grub

Trier fucked around with this message at 10:51 on May 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

REALLY sorry. Internet outage + family medical crisis out of the blue.

Sidari

Feeling like she has been down for ages, Sid springs up to her feet and scowls at the werewolf that had thrown her down.
"Bad dog..." She growled under her breath, striking the wolf across the snout with her spear, "Lie down!"

She kept an eye on it. The beast couldn't so much as FLINCH without her watching it.

Standard: Weapon Master's Strike vs AC: 1d20+11 23 1d10+5 14 to M15 wolf
Free: Marking that werewolf

pre:
Sidari Arasul   						 
HP: 40/40 (THP: )        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 10/10 (V: 10)    For:  19    Passive Perception: 19
Initiative: +3   	 Ref:  15    Action Points: 1
Speed: 5     	         Will: 14    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven, Primordial

Combat Challenge        [ ] Wind Fury Assault                [ ] Harrier's Ploy
Combat Agility          [X] Fey Step                         
Weapon Master's Strike  [X] Steel Serpent Strike             
Threatening Rush        [ ] Mighty Leap
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Armor-Piercing Thrust
                        [ ] Greatspear of Surrounding

Conditionals/Resists: 
Spear Expertise: +1 to damage rolls when charging with a spear.
Swift Spear: When you hit with an Opportunity Attack with a spear, 
  you can also slide that enemy 1 square to a space adjacent to you. 
Mobile Challenge: After you hit an enemy with a melee attack granted by your Combat Challenge, you may shift 1 square.
Combat Challenge: May mark any enemy that you attack, hit or miss. 
  If that enemy shifts or makes an attack that does not include you, they take a -2 to that attack roll,
  and you may make the Combat Challenge attack as an immediate reaction.
Boots of Adept Charging: May shift 1 square after a charge.
Reinforcing Scale Mail: If you take melee damage, +1 to all defenses until SoNT.
Lesser Badge of the Berserker: +4 to all defenses for Opportunity Attacks provoked by charging.

• Locked thread