Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

BigRed0427 posted:

John was loving on fire tonight and those ads were amazing.

:flaccid:Mitch McConnell

Seriously good poo poo. Couldn't stop laughing at Mitch McConnell...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Paradox Personified posted:

But people like John Oliver.

People must like Jimmy as well. I've got a certain fondness in that pet sort of way. He's somewhat endearing even if he is too eager/excitable.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Echo Chamber posted:

Nooooooooo Asian dude from Mythbusters I thought you were cool. :(

To be fair McDonalds probably approached him with an offer he couldn't refuse or shouldn't refuse. I mean Mythbusters does well but who hates more money?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

TyrantWD posted:

Mythbusters axed the build team, so he needs other work.

Oh snap! Didn't realize. So it's just Jamie and other dude all show now? Wonder how that works out for them.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

You are watching it wrong be drunk and flip off your brain instant classic. Also Willem Dafoe is fantastic in anything he does.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

thehustler posted:

Now you need to go watch everything Charlie Brooker has ever done.

[url][/url]

"Weekly" wipe, airing a total of 18 episodes once this series is done. Goddamn British people how do you deal with that?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Toxxupation posted:

That's technically true but seems like one step into "any sort of sex can get you pregnant" which is what the abstinence crowd trots out

More Canadian here, I was fully explained how pregnancy occurs ex sperm into egg. So it was clear. My school didn't do anything but abstinence though because it was a catholic school but they did cover how condoms worked as just in case. Including getting condoms from the chaplain.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Mental issues are icky. Put them somewhere hidden please.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

2011 represent?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

tarlibone posted:

My point is that... well, here's an example: say you have some mobster in Chicago, and it's Prohibition, and he's boozin' up Cook County something fierce. Get your hands on his ledger, and you can put this bad guy away. Now, put his ledger in a magical box that only the bad guy can open, and let's pretend for a moment that the bad guy doesn't want to open it because he knows that if he does, he'll go to an island prison and eventually get released to die of syphilis some day. Since that isn't something he feels like doing with the rest of his life, he just lets you keep the magical box containing the ledger and... well, you let him go, because you really don't have evidence.

Maybe a new law will specify that you can't force a company to circumvent its own trade secrets in order to comply with a warrant. Maybe it'll be the opposite. The point is, we need a standard, and if nothing else, we'll get one when this goes before a judge.

Why go for a magical box when in reality it should be a cryptographic algorithm that only he had the key too. With no computing power it could still take a long time to decipher and he is the only one with the key. so yea he gets away free unless you have other means to connect them on. Same difference these days.

Cerepol fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Mar 15, 2016

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

tarlibone posted:

Can someone tell me why we're assuming it's a 4-digit number?

My Galaxy Tab 4 lets me set PINs with more numbers. My current one is 8 numbers, that way it reinforces the PIN I have to remember for work (with my RSA token).

I think (don't quote me on this never used one) apple devices only accept 4 digit pins.

EDIT:

I asked my friend for numerical PINS the max is 6 on apple devices.

Though smart people would just use full alphasymbolnumeric passwords

Cerepol fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Mar 15, 2016

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Seriously? A ban on satirical usage?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Yeah, he got REALLY lucky with that election and a move away from FPTP will only help the Liberals in the future. Hopefully he realizes that while he's still in a position to do anything about it.

I just loving want the NDP to stop loving around and also Wynne to gently caress off.
Also the loving social Con guys who keep popping up need to go back to their troll caves. What in saying is I dislike the current Canadian parties.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

tsob posted:

What fear did Hillary use to get people voting out of interest? I didn't pay nearly as much attention to her side of things, since Trump was so entertaining and I'm not part of the vote so it wasn't important to me. Just fear of Trump himself?

Fear of Trump, fear of trump supporters "the deplorables".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

"Trump is a monster Hitler who's views on women are from 1950s and wants to put minorities in concentration camps."

Also surprisingly fear doesn't work on people who don't quite have as much a stake in the fear.
Its easy to just not vote when while you know its bad to vote for trump because of these 'fear' reasons, its not a personal motivator.

• Locked thread