Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I dug this a lot. I'm familiar with Daily Show despite not having seen much and can definitely see where this show takes influence from that, but it seems more refined and less shouty while still managing to be funny and biting. I'm on board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Echo Chamber posted:

It's like The Daily Show, but with a more energetic anchor,

Wait, really? A large amount of the clips I've seen of Stewart have him yelling his rear end off. Has he calmed down in his old age?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Drifter posted:

You guys complaining about its fast pace must be REALLY a product of the twitter generation, jesus christ. Just pay attention for thirty minutes and learn a thing or two. God drat.

Quit being so lazy. Would you guys not be able to sit through an hour long comedy show anymore? Can you not watch Eddie Murphy's Delirious or anything?

haha.

I wouldn't go this far but it is a little disconcerting to see how many people had trouble keeping up. The only times I felt lost were when I had stopped paying attention, and that's hardly the show's fault.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The humour in this show would be a lot better if Oliver just told the jokes and moved on sometimes instead of trying to do an impression of whatever it is he's joking about. An example from this episode would be the bit about the coffee machines. It was a cute line, but then he follows it up by trying to do an impression of someone trying to use one and it kinda ruins it. Plus those are usually the most shouty bits.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Not surprised if the Daily Mail is the best source you can find

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sort of a shame they've pussied out on Gaza at least twice now though. I mean I'm sure there are reasons and I don't let it bother me but it deserves more than just a small bit at the top of every episode.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This episode seemed less funny than usual. A Twilight joke? Really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You know you can also just not reply at all, right? And the way trolls work is that as long as you're saying anything they can respond to, they win?

• Locked thread