Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
:stare: Well that's one way to start an interview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
It feels exactly like The Daily Show.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing but... I was expecting more than just no censors.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Kitty

OH GOD IT GOT WORSE

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
:drat: German burn

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Nice try, Lions

Well played, Lions

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
To be fair to Taser girl, the City of Glendale is pulling some bullshit on the team.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
The Michigan Supreme Court just ruled sentencing guidelines unconstitutional.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/2015/07/29/state-supreme-court-rule-sentencing-guideline-unconstitutional/30857079/

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
The British version of that song used to be a lot longer.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Johnathan Banks... lol

OMG That video at the end.

Zero One fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Aug 10, 2015

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
It's never Lupus.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Oh god, he's pulling a Colbert.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
That's a big bag of seed.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Orange County, where Larry Thompson was jailed, has just eliminated the practice of jailing people who can't pay fines. They were the last county in Florida still issuing arrest warrants for that.

Over 21,000 arrest orders were quashed today.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-orange-arrests-collections-changes-20150916-story.html

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Great episode but I hadn't heard about that camerawoman. Who the gently caress kicks a child? What kind of loving supervillian are you? There are very few things that would genuinely lead me to violence but watching a woman kick migrant children running from their terrible oppressive countries is definitely near the top.

And of course people hate that segment. Anti-migrant feeling is almost always seated in racism.

At least one of the kids she kicked got a pretty good experience out of it:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...r-10510604.html

And his dad got a job as a football coach in Spain.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
100% Canadian

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
:ohdear: Stay safe, puppy.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
That's a good deal for an Elf Spotting certificate.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Aces High posted:

so do certifications not exist in the US? Cuz the stuff John was talking about with "anyone can call themselves an advisor" isn't really true here in Canada. Or at least since my dad is a CFP and a CA he told me and my siblings long ago who we do and do not trust with investing and it certainly isn't the guy at the bank saying "you should buy our GIC/Mutual Fund/RRSP"

There are a few different things here in the US.

First, to offer sell securities (stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc) you must pass two exams (the Series 7 and either the 63 or 66) to be a licensed member of FINRA. The Series 7 is 260 questions and six hours and covers everything from industry rules to product types to how to determine what is suitable for a client. There is no minimum classroom learning. If you are lucky enough to walk into an exam and pass without studding you are just as qualified as a guy at Goldman Sachs. This covers most of the "financial advisors" you've probably heard about. The ones that are not fiduciaries and can be best thought of as securities salespeople or "stockbrokers".

To sell insurance or annuities you must pass an exam and be licensed with the state (or states) in which you do business. For certain types of insurance/annuities you must also have a FINRA license.

We also have Certified Financial Planners. To be a CFP requires you have previously worked in the financial planning field and have at least a bachelor's degree. You must take additional classes in financial planning topics. After the classes you take a 6 hour exam. There are also continuing education you must keep up with to maintain your license.

There are also other designations like CFP but that's the big one.

There are also Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs) that have always had the fiduciary responsibility. They do not charge commissions and usually work on a fee only basis (ex: take 1% a year of assets under management or an hourly fee). These firms need to be registered with their state (or directly with the SEC if they are big enough) but advisors usually don't have a Series 7 license. They may have taken the Series 65 exam or have an exam waiver by being a CFP or one of a few other designations. These types of advisors are legally required to give you the best advice on how to invest and are sometimes also CPAs or Trust/Estate planners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Yeah, this is what I've been working towards.

It's a special kind of hell, the Series 65. I think a while back the Series 7 was required, but no longer is, according to old-guard coworkers.

If it was required that was before my time working with RIAs. A lot of them have the 7 anyway because they used to be brokers working for big wirehouses who saw the light and decided the didn't want to push high fee proprietary funds on people anymore.

• Locked thread