Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
Lerissa

With a grunt, she pulled herself out of bed. The structure practically sighed in relief as she went about her daily routine. Marco had left her a letter, according to her family. She had places to be today.
Heavy footfalls brought her downstairs, to a nearly empty table with only a few plates of food. All for her, it seemed, as her family hovered around the kitchen.
Fruits, sausages, bacon, eggs...even pancakes. Lerissa doubted even she could eat all this alone.
"What, celebrating me leaving forever?" She chuckled. Her mother looked fearful, and ashamed.
"No, celebrating you proving to us you're the hero I know you are," Victor spoke up, a proud smile on his face as he sat down.
Breakfast was quiet as everyone took their seats (after a bit of coaxing).
"So...you're taking that dreadful axe off our hands?" Her mother was the first to speak.
"Yeah! Dad says I'm really good with an axe! So if I get attacked by any monster I can fight them off!"
Her mother looked concerned, "Oh...that's nice. It's good that you've got...talents."
Lerissa winced, "Yeah. Right. Like being a six and a half foot wall of muscle everyone treats like a monster."

Lerissa returned to her room, doing her best not to stomp, even as angry as she was. She could hear her parents arguing downstairs. Monster, freak, disaster...thrown around as usual. She pushed it to the back of her mind. Today was the day she would prove them all, one way or another. Cinching the belt of the scale armor, and slinging the axe over her shoulder, Lerissa headed outside.
"Lerissa, darling..." her father stood, flanked by his daughters. In an act that she had not felt since she the summer of her growth spurt, her sister Sasha hugged her, even amidst the heavy metal plates she could feel the warmth.
"Make us proud," Her father smiled up to her.
"Kick some rear end!" Her eldest sister chimed in.
"Clara! ...Kick some rear end, kid."
Her mother, however, remained distant and worried, not even daring to look.
"I better get going. I don't want to be late."

Marco's house was not far from her own. Of course, being the elder meant the center of the village was his own, so it wasn't far from ANYONE really. But all the same, her trip was short. She arrives, just in time, it would seem, to see another person entering.
"Marco! It's me! Lerissa Metzger!" She waved, as if there were OTHER towering, horned, monstrous girls in the village.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa

She arched a brow at the brash girl who had come shouting down stairs, ranting and insulting each of them.
"Uh, I might just be a farmers DAUGHTER, but I'm pretty sure freezing a plant kills it."
She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. For once enjoying the fact that "Muscle Head" and "Horn Girl" were not both aimed at her, for a change.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Mine might :ohdear:

Lerissa

Lerissa is deep in thought as she examines the river, watching the flow. She does her best to judge if she can actively swim it, but isn't particularly versed in the natural world outside of her farm. All the same, she hoped she'd be able to tell how fast was "too fast" to swim, as she held her hand in the water.

After a few dips of her hand, she spied the branches and debris.
"Hmm...do you think we could get enough of this stuff across the river to cross safely? I'm pretty sure Sully and I could swim across, but I don't think the smaller of us will be able to. And Victe's armor will just drag her to the bottom fast."

"Push comes to shove, my axe should be able to break some of the flimsier trees down."

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

William can hitch a ride with Lerissa, he's tiny enough for her :3:

Lerissa

She scoops William up quickly, "Keep those books high, boy, and grab on to my horns if you need to."

With that, she dips her foot into the river, feeling the rushing beneath.
"Ehh...I'll...take my time."
She tries again, paddling across slowly but surely. She would swear that her feet touched the bottom, but she wasn't willing to dunk under to see how far it was, for risk she just stepped on a fish or something.

On the other side, she gently placed William down, and rang herself out.
"Eugh. I can't wait til we set up camp. I need a campfire badly."

~~~

As they approached the markers, Lerissa stared, dumbfounded, at them. She had rarely ventured outside the farm, let alone the village. The world beyond it all was so...strange.
"Wait, is that it?" She squinted. She motioned to what LOOKED like a path. She wasn't sure, but she'd seen enough dirt running through fields to know what a designated path looked like, she hoped.

Nature: 1d20+0 18

:smug: Get it together, nerds.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa

She shouldered her axe and rolled her eyes at all the bravado and machismo.
"Sully I'm like a foot taller than you," she even ducked a bit to clear the ceiling as they descended into the lower room. Lerissa eyed the crystal and the little girl...and then Victe approaching it.
"Come on, don't touch that little girl. At least let Will see if there's a book about creepy crystal girls or something!"

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa

She snaps towards Sariya.
"Hey, drop the attitude or we'll make YOU dig it out with your bare hands, and if you try to weasel out of it by freezing it we'll just explain to Marco whose brilliant idea it was to freeze a plant."

She mutters, "There's a reason winter is hard on farmers."

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa

Lerissa kneels down on one knee, to better get eye-to-eye with the plant girl.
"Sure, we can...talk with your brother. Where is he?"

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa

She places a large hand on the glass.
"We'll go find him for you. You stay safe, alright?"
She smiles a bit, standing up.
'Well,' she thought, 'it could've been worse...my parents could've shoved me in a glass box and left me for dead.'

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa

"FINALLY!" She shouts, baring her fangs as she draws her axe, "Something to use this on. I've got about 19 years of pent up aggression and sometimes choppin' wood and slaughtering pigs doesn't help."
With heavy footfalls thudding across the floor, she made her way over to a fine and hacked away.
The plants offer no resistance even as they crawl away, her axe hacking and hewing at them. She watches as her fury causes the tendrils to quake in fear. Can plants feel fear? Well, they certainly didn't look like they wanted to mess with her, that's for sure.
With a guttural roar, she stomped the other vine with her armored foot and ground it into paste before it could even react.

Move to D-36
Ferocious Strike vs AC on Vine E36: 1d20+9 25 1d12+5 6
Gain CA on first attack before the end of my next turn.
Activating Demonic Frenzy. Randomly determined, but there's only one choice...so.
Demonic Frenzy vs E37: 1d6 5
Not an attack, so I don't use up my CA from Ferocious Strike, either :eng101:

pre:
Lerissa Metzger   						 
HP: 45/45 (THP: )        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 10
Surges: 10/10 (V: 11)    For:  17    Passive Perception: 10
Initiative: +4   	 Ref:  14    Action Points: 1
Speed: 5     	         Will: 16    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Dwarven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Vengeance Strike        [X] Demonic Frenzy                   [ ] Diabolic Transformation
Ferocious Strike     [ ][ ] Dread Smite                      [ ] Black Wrath of Hell
                        [ ] Shroud of Shadows                [ ] Execution Axe of Submission
                        [ ] Vice's Reward                    [ ] Wall Scale Armor
                        [ ] Second Wind                      [ ] Necklace of Keys

Conditionals/Resists: 
Bracers of Mighty Striking: +2 to damage when you hit with Melee Basic
Necklace of Keys: +1 Bonus to Thievery to pick locks.
Execution Axe of Submission: Brutal 2, High Crit
Spirit of Vice: +2 to damage when enemy grants Combat Advantage.
  +4 if Bloodied or Adjacent to Bloodied creature.
Dark Menace: Cha Mod (+3) bonus damage to creatures granting CA when making weapon attack.
Blackguard's Action: Gain CA on all enemies until end of turn after spending action point.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa Metzger

Lerissa winced as the cloud seemed to eat thoroughly through her defenses. Her vision clouded for a moment as she stumbled closer to the stalk, grunting with annoyance as it seemed to wriggle away.
She shook her head free from the cloud, and took a deep breath of fresh(er) air, as Sariya taunted.
"SARIYA," she snapped, clutching her axe and glowering, "THIS ISN'T A GODDAMN GAME! We could DIE down here!" Her body was cloaked in a wisp of shadows, clouding her from sight ever-so-slightly. The shadows, however, were far more solid than they seemed, as they lashed out with a chilling claw that seemed to eat away at the very life force of the plant.
With a heavy arc, she brought the axe down upon the creature, another blast of cold seeping into the wound and eating away further at the creature. She grins a toothy grin, quite pleased with the havoc she wreaked on the constricting vines.

Vengeance Strike vs AC on North Stalk: 1d20+11 30
Vengeance Strike damage: 1d12+21 29
Dread Smite deals 5 Cold and Necrotic
Eye Stalk takes 5 Ongoing Cold and Necrotic (save ends)
34 damage, 5 of it cold/necrotic

pre:
Lerissa Metzger   						 
HP: 27/45 (THP:5)        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 10

Vengeance Strike        [X] Demonic Frenzy                   [ ] Diabolic Transformation
Ferocious Strike     [X][ ] Dread Smite                      [ ] Black Wrath of Hell
                        [X] Shroud of Shadows                [ ] Execution Axe of Submission

Conditionals/Resists: 
Dark Menace: Cha Mod (+3) bonus damage to creatures granting CA when making weapon attack.
Blackguard's Action: Gain CA on all enemies until end of turn after spending action point.
Shroud of Shadow: Partial Concealment until EoNT

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa Metzger

"They don't seem to like the cold!" She shouted before moving into position, vines and tendrils lashing out to slap and slash at her, but not managing to so much as scuff her scalemail. Lerissa ignored them, however, as she made her way over by Sully and William.
"Hey, boys. Mind if I do some yardwork with you?" She grinned, bringing her axe on the other eyestalk again, the familiar hungering chill surrounding the plant and sapping its' strength. With a howl of rage, she tried it again, as the eyestalk reeled and the axe cleaved through the creature.

Sidenote: Lerissa has THP, so the Cloud didn't deal damage to her directly, just her THP.
Move to H39, provoking OA from Vines-Opportunity Attack: 1d20+4 16
Attack the Stalk again, Dread Smite and it takes 5 Cold/Necrotic, +5 Vulnerability damage
Miss, so no Ongoing.
Vengeance Strike vs AC: 1d20+9 13 1d12+5+8 20 (forgot to add Coming of Age, but it's a miss)
Spending AP; Vengeance Strike, AP vs AC: 1d20+11 17 1d12+13 22

Grand total of 32 damage, 10 cold/necrotic (including Vulnerability)

pre:
Lerissa Metzger   						 
HP: 27/45 (THP:3)        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 10

Ferocious Strike     [X][X] Dread Smite                      [ ] Black Wrath of Hell
                                                             [X] Action Point

Conditionals/Resists: 
Shroud of Shadow: Partial Concealment until EoNT

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa

She winced a bit as the explosion went off, feeling nothing as the buffer of shadow faded away, swallowing most of the flames. Those that it didn't barely seemed to so much as tickled the girl. She did her best to ignore the dull whining sound that was Sariya and the fairy bickering.
"I just need a quick breather and I'm good. I'm tough like that," She smirked, cracking her neck.

I could use the ring, though it's not a "must-have". Having a way to quickly close the gap would be nice.

EDIT: Spending one surge, by the way.

Classtoise fucked around with this message at 00:45 on May 7, 2014

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa

"Oh, it stands to figure the only cute boy I find on this trip and he's a sadistic murder-happy bug. Well, fine, whatever," She drew her axe and let the heavy blade THUD to the ground, "I'll squash you, then.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa Metzger

Without much in the way of talking, Lerissa darts forward and quickly begins to open up on Willard. She hacks away at the vines with a clean blow.

Moving to E61
Vengeance Strike vs AC: 1d20+9 27 1d12+5 12

pre:
Lerissa Metzger   						 
HP: 28/45 (THP: )        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 10
Surges: 9/10 (V: 11)    For:  17    Passive Perception: 10

Vengeance Strike        [ ] Demonic Frenzy                   [ ] Diabolic Transformation
Ferocious Strike     [ ][ ] Dread Smite                      [ ] Black Wrath of Hell

Conditionals/Resists: 

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa Metzger

Lerissa gave a predatory grin, "Uh oh, cutie. Looks like you're not goin' anywhere." Her tone was sinister as she leaned down to taunt him. She spied the blood trickling out of the wound she had left at Alena's behest.
"And it looks like you're not doin' too well, either. Ooh, blood! That makes this fun!" A flash of red in her eyes as the dark powers manifested again.
Lerissa gripped her giant axe tight, before lifting it high over her head.
"Try not to wriggle around too much."
Shadows once again began to swirl around her, encasing her in a second skin and causing a brief fog, swirling even around her blade. The shadows leapt out, clawing at the boy briefly. She brought her axe down in a wicked arc, hacking into whatever soft tissue she could, letting the shadows seep into the wound to infect it further. As if this wasn't punishing enough, she stamped her mailed foot into his chest, letting out a twisted cackle.
"NEXT time maybe you'll learn some manners."
She rested her axe on her shoulder, "Though I suppose there won't be a 'next time', huh, Sully?"

Free: Anden takes 5 Nec/Cold damage from Dread Smite
Standard: Vengeance Strike vs AC: 1d20+12 29 1d12+19 3032
I forgot to factor in Vengeance Strike. +2 for Anden being adjacent.
Free: 5 ongoing cold, on top of it.
No Action: Demonic Frenzy: 1d4 4 1d6 6 Sully (1), William (2), Victe (3), and lucky Anden (4). Anden takes another 6
38! total damage

No longer slowed

pre:
Lerissa Metzger   						 
HP: 39/45 (THP:5)        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 10
Initiative: +4   	 Ref:  14    Action Points: 0

Ferocious Strike     [X][ ] Dread Smite                      [ ] Black Wrath of Hell

Conditionals/Resists: 
Currently at +2 until EoWilliam'sNT, +2 until EoE, Partially Concealed, 5 temp HP

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa Metzger
Sorry! Family crisis has made things hectic, but not so much so where I need to quit. I just have to, unfortunately, prioritize differently. I'm still here.

Lerissa saw her allies severely wounded, but she grinned at Willard all the same.
"You see? My friends and I are tougher than you'd give us credit for," She circled him as she spoke, lining herself up in a position most advantageous for William and Sully, "And me? I can be kind of a bitch when you hurt my friends." She snarled as she swung her axe into the mass of writhing vines, hacking through and cutting away some of it. Though she nearly missed, the force of her swing made up for the difference.

Move - Moving to E-64, if not available due to Anden's corpse then F-64
Free - Dread Smite - He takes 5 cold/necrotic
Standard - Rolling assuming he isn't bloodied: Vengeance Strike vs AC: 1d20+11 15 1d12+12 24
If he IS bloodied at 99hp lost, then 28.
5 ongoing cold and necrotic (save ends)

pre:
Lerissa Metzger   						 
HP: 26/45 (THP: )        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 10

Ferocious Strike     [X][X] Dread Smite                      [ ] Black Wrath of Hell

Conditionals/Resists: 
+2 Defenses until End of Encounter

Classtoise fucked around with this message at 20:04 on May 15, 2014

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa Metzger

She felt her ribs cave in as the branches and vines constricted, crushing the life out of her slowly but surely. Never had she felt so weak and helpless. Even as Sariya blasted it with frost, she was unsure she could escape. As the healing tones reverberated, however, she felt her muscles brimming with new found strength. With an ease she never expected, she forced herself free of the vines, back to where she was standing. She clutched her axe, and prepared to send the tree reeling. Her body ached even with the repairs that the healing had done.
Lerissa looked at Alena and William, trying to reason with Willard. It seemed a fools errand, at best. She winced, and spit out a glob of blood to the side.
"It's the truth, Willard. We just want to save our town. We don't want to be murderers or thugs or thieves. All we want...all I want...is to prove myself not a monster. Please, let us save the people we love. Let me prove I can be a hero, Willard."

Healing Word - Healing Word: 1d6 1 for 12 total
Move - Athletics to HULK OUT: 1d20+12 31, shifting back to F-64
Free - Diplomacy/Aid Another? Diplomacy assist: 1d20+6 20
Standard - (if I've got one)Second Wind

pre:
Lerissa Metzger   						 
HP: 36/45 (THP: )        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 10
Surges: 7/10 (V: 11)    For:  17    Passive Perception: 10

[X] Second Wind                      [ ] Necklace of Keys

Conditionals/Resists: 
+2 Defenses until End of Encounter
+2 Defenses until End of Williams' turn
+2 Defenses until End of my next turn (Second Wind)

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa

She rolled her eyes at Sariya, "Yeah, you better do what Sariya says, or she'll swear and make a fuss and then complain when we kill a spider-boy who was trying to loving DRINK our BLOOD."
She stood up and clasped the axe to her back, eying the boots, far too big for anyone elses' feet.
She cracked her neck and knelt down to grab them, talking without turning her gaze on her, "I have no idea what possessed Marco to saddle us with YOU," She put on the boots and admired the spines, "Whether it was nepotism, or some misguided hope you'd learn to stop being such a selfish little troll..."

She stood up, giving the boots a few stomps and kicks to make sure they fit. She took a few steps, admiring the jagged soles, much thicker than her old boots.

"Or maybe he just wanted to be rid of you."
As cruelly and coldly as she had said that, she changed the subject, as if implying the girl was unwanted was less important.
"These things make me taller. I'm like 6 foot 10 at the horns!"

pre:
Lerissa Metzger   						 
HP: 45/45
6/10 (V: 11)             For:  17    Passive Perception: 10

Vengeance Strike        [ ] Demonic Frenzy                   [ ] Diabolic Transformation

Conditionals/Resists: 

Classtoise fucked around with this message at 22:54 on May 17, 2014

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa

"We have to get out of here quickly! Don't waste your time with these, just get to the stairs!"
Without reaching for her axe, Lerissa bolts for the stairs.
"Whoever gets there first," her long legs carried her ahead, "Stick around and help the others!"

Double Run (Move+2) to C27

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa

Lerissa tried her damndest to sneak past the vines, nimbly as she could. She of course misjudged her height and swore like her father with a spade in his big toe as she did her best to trounce across the room.
Nimble she might not be, but tricky she most definitely was.

Then, Lerissa's blood ran cold (...coldER), as Sariya seemed to be distracted, muttering something about the vines mothers or destiny or some such. A vine curling up, preparing to spike the poor girl as she was nearly out.
"HEY!" called out to the vine, doing her best to get the attention of the vine by shaking and shouting, "COME ON! Don't you want something with MEAT? Let the kid go! Try me!" The vine turns it attention away from Sariya, and strikes for Lerissa, going wide as she darts to the side and continues running.
"Little poo poo better appreciate that," she mumbled.

Then, Lerissa could see the doorway, rubble and debris quickly piling up in front of it.
"OUTTA MY WAY!" She yowled, shoulder ramming into the rocks with incredible force. The rocks seemed to budge, but more debris was lodged in place.
"I am NOT dying down here!" She shouted, and unsheathed her axe, let out another wicked roar, and struck it with her axe, sending the mass of stones and vines hurtling out into the forest.

Thievery: 1d20+6+2 11

Bluff: 1d20+11 28 Granted to Sariya

Athletics: 1d20+10 16

Standard Action to attack (...do you really want me to roll vs a Wall? :confused:
Activating my Submission Executioner Axe to push it 5 squares.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa

She winced as healing magics closed the wound up, leaving her with yet another wicked scar.
"Ah, don't worry about it, Sari. What are friends for, y'know?"
Lerissa then gave Victe an awkward glance, "You sure it's okay? I'm uh...kinda the thing deities tend to smite. Not bless."
She would join in, if encouraged, but she was wary to say the least.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa

Lerissa was worried at the darkness. Her mothers response even moreso.
"Mom? Is everything okay?" She approached gently, stepping into the dark room. She had never known her mother to use a kettle. Least of all in the pitch black.
"I...found it." She reached a hand out slowly. "Mom, what's going on? Where is everyone?"
Fear hurt. The looks of terror when she so much as stubbed her toe. Looking for the "inevitable" loss of control. But it was something. An emotion. A response. This was...disturbing, to say the least.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa

She nodded slowly, heading up to her room. When she arrived, she closed the door gently, but did not remove her armor or axe. Something was wrong, and she planned to defend herself when it revealed itself.

Looking over her newly-added scar, she traced the gouge across her belly with a finger, wincing even though it had healed. The healing could take away the immediate threat, but not necessarily all of the pain.
All the same, she was happy to be home. Even if something was dreadfully wrong with her mother.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa

She did her best to drown out the sounds from the lower levels. Her name came up painfully often as she curled up in her bed, pillow over her ears. Curses? What were they...
Her blood ran cold as she heard the yelp. Something was wrong, as her mother screeched at her father. They had fought before, but this seemed more...urgent.

She debated leaving through the window, but knowing full well that would likely end in a broken ankle and the 'cursed' one being taken, more than likely.
Lerissa walked out the front door, fully clad with axe slung over shoulder.
"I'm going out," She snarled, not even pausing for the argument. Almost as soon as she stepped outside, she made a beeline to Marco's house. She needed to talk to someone who could answer questions about her 'curse'. Marco seemed the best place to go.

Or, he WOULD be, had Sully not carved a path right through to Sariya's backyard. She kicked some debris out of her path and quickly jerked her head forward, horns dislodging splintered wood for more clearance. She waved awkwardly to her friends.
"So uh...since I'm not here, I'm guessing this wall is Sully's hard work?" She walked over to William, nudging him (perhaps a bit too vigorously) "Unless little William here is hiding some serious biceps."
Her face drooped.
"Why...why is everyone staring at me like I've got horn, err...like I've got 2 heads?"

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa

The scream cut through Lerissa like a knife. Her blood ran cold. It wasn't...it COULDN'T be.
"Who did you sacrifice?" She asked, more terrified of the answer than angry. Her axe slipped out of her grip and fell to the ground. Lerissa had heard her parents argue about her sister, followed by a scream and then silence. And no sister to be found.
"Please, tell me, Marco. Who was it?" Tears began to form in her eyes. They weren't close but dammit, that was her sister!

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa Metzger
She clutched her head as the howl echoed through her bones. The howl of her sister being knocked unconscious. The howl of her being sacrificed. It grew louder, deafening even as she clutched her head.
"Stop it...Stop it!" She pleaded, clutching her head as the howl grew into a wicked cackle. One that seemed to be emanating from her own mouth as flesh stretched across expanding muscle and bones. Horns grew into a wicked curl, as her tail lashed out angrily. She stomped over to Marco, ignoring whatever attempts at slashing at her that he would make. Her heavy footfalls crumbled whatever debris was beneath her feet.
"You want a sacrifice?" She snarled, teeth bared, "Then start with yourself!"
Her wicked axe was brought down on Marco's head with immense power behind it. She winces as the power takes its' toll, but not before twisting around to nail Marco in the jaw with her heavy tail. The follow through is almost as punishing, as she swings her axe into his gut one last time in a burst of heroic(!?) effort to push through. She snarled down at Marco, clutching her axe as she dared him to retaliate as her wounds slowly begin to knit.

Minor: Diabolic Transformation!
Move: to K-8
Standard: Blood of the Mighty vs AC: 1d20+10 23 4d12+16 53
Free: Black Wrath of Hell: 1d10 6
No Action: Demonic Frenzy (Elena 1, Marco 2): 1d2 2Demonic Frenzy: 1d6 6
ACTION POINT: Vengeance Strike vs AC: 1d20+10 17 1d12+16 23
Forgot my CA, so that's a hit! (If he's bloodied, especially)
No Action: Dread Smite, 5 Cold/Nec, +5 Ongoing cold/nec.
98 total damage to Marco.
AND he takes a -3 to his attacks vs me.

pre:
Lerissa Metzger   						 
HP: 43/58 (THP: )        AC:   20    Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 10/10 (V: 11)    For:  18    Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +5   	 Ref:  14    Action Points: 0
Speed: 5     	         Will: 17    Vision: Low-Light

Vengeance Strike        [X] Demonic Frenzy                   [X] Diabolic Transformation
Ferocious Strike     [X][ ] Dread Smite                      [X] Black Wrath of Hell

Conditionals/Resists: 
Diabolic Transformation: Regen 2, Fire Resistance +5, +2 to damage, Bloodhunt is +2

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa

She decides to give Marco a bit of a rest from her assault.

Not because she missed or anything and would need +4 to hit.

Not at all

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa

Doing as Alena instructed despite the fog of rage in her mind, she charged through the corridors towards her sister, "Clara! Don't touch anything! I'm coming to save you!" She could feel her wounds closing up quickly, all the while pushing herself around the corners as quickly as she could.

Running twice to -A9

pre:
Lerissa Metzger   						 
HP: 44/58 (THP: )        AC:   20    Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 10/10 (V: 11)    For:  18    Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +5   	 Ref:  14    Action Points: 0
Speed: 5     	         Will: 17    Vision: Low-Light

Vengeance Strike        [X] Demonic Frenzy                   [X] Diabolic Transformation
Ferocious Strike     [X][ ] Dread Smite                      [X] Black Wrath of Hell

Conditionals/Resists: 
Diabolic Transformation: Regen 2, Fire Resistance +5, +2 to damage, Bloodhunt is +2

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa

She quickly snatched her sisters wrist, not letting it move.
"Please, Clara," She pleaded, the unnatural size and thick hide slowly fading as she calmed herself down. The screaming voice became a dull murmur once again.
"Please, let go of the plant," tears welled up in her eyes as she readied her axe. She wouldn't kill her sister, of course, but she knew what would need to be done if the girl wouldn't release the stem.
"You don't want to pull the plant out. Let go or I'll have to do something that will hurt you. A lot. I don't want to hurt anyone I love. I don't want to hurt my sister," She pleaded, doing her best to balance the axe over the girls wrist, "But otherwise, you'll die. My friends will die. I will die. It will hurt you but we'll be okay, I promise. Please, don't make me do it, Clara. Just let go."

If her friends didn't, Lerissa would kill Marco. Forcing her to decide between their own deaths or maiming her sister was a cruel choice to make. An easy one, but cruel all the same.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa

"We have to..." her arm burns, slightly at first, "We've gotta find. Ow! Dammit! What in the hell!?" She winces and yelps again in pain as she grabs at the metal column, hoping to pry it free from her wrist as it stabs into her. She tugs and yanks at it with all her might, hoping to at least pull it out. She can deal with it healing later, right now all she seemed to want was for this metal to be OUT of her damned wrist.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa

She winced, cradling Clara in her arms gingerly as the metal dug its' way deeper. She gently placed her sister down as Clara comes to.
"I'm so glad you're safe!" She did her best to nurse the wound, looking at the others, "So, William, any idea what the gently caress is up with my arm?"

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa

With a defeated sigh, she motioned to the door.
"Well, there you go, Clara. Dad's here to rescue you."
She smiled weakly as she stood in plain view of the door. Alena was right. For better or worse, they had all done this. But she knew how this would go down. Clara cries about how Lerissa threatened to maim her, tells everyone how she brutally attacked the man trying to save their city, and once again she'd be the monster.
"I bet you never expected to come BACK for your sacrificial lamb, dad."

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Did forum downtime kill it? :ohdear:

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa

She is careful when knocked aside, keeping her sister safe as best as she can. Putting an arm between her sister and their father.
"You tried to give my sister up as a sacrifice! That's what happened!"
She gritted her teeth, "You would have had plenty of WILLING sacrifices! And don't take that the wrong way! I'm not some sort of suicidal whiner. I have friends who care about me, but if it meant they'd be safe? If it meant they'd go on without suffering? You bet your rear end I'd die a hero for my village and my family! But none of you thought to ASK. None of you thought to give us a choice between fighting off the fey or doing the unthinkable!"

She then turned to her sister, concerned for her well-being after their father had knocked the larger girl off balance and into her, "Are you alright, Clara?"

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa

Opting for an alleyway, and not wanting to intrude on William's studies, Lerissa pulled herself out of the bedroll. It was warm, if nothing else, and the rations staved off hunger. She did her best to ignore the voices that echoed in her skull. Nothing could would come from flirting with temptation like that.

As the militia call went out, she sighed. Her father had not dared to part her from her axe, so she at least had a weapon. And, heirlooms or not, she had kept her armor and necklace. What else could she do BUT join up?

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa

With a terse thought back, she responds.
<Yes. I am trying QUITE HARD to ignore you. You will offer me power 'at a price'. It is always at a price. I do not wish to pay such a price because it will likely be something innocuous like 'Oh, give me something you hold dear' which turns into my family member or friends.>

She noticed her face scrunching up from the non-verbal argument, and softened it a bit as she went on.
<Do not think me stupid because I am not of William's clan.>

Lerissa steps to the front of the group, smiling at her sister and mother, and utterly ignoring her father.
"I suggest the fiery path. My friends and I have never been much good at hiding and subtlety. It might be nice for that to be in our favor, for once."

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa

The catty parasite seemed intent on talking anyway. So she would indulge it, for now.
<Fine,> She responded with a mental 'tone', <What are you offering and what would you have?>
(Edit) As for the heat? Lerissa seemed to care little for the fact it was so hot. In fact, she didn't seem at all impeded by it.

Classtoise fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jul 13, 2014

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa

"Not to be rude, Alena, but I'm not risking life and limb climbing through a hot maze of steaming pipes and liquid fire to beat up some goblins in the off-chance that Pepper isn't the racist one. If they're gonna come and attack us, they have to take the same route we do. Let THEM trek all the way around if it's so worth it. We did what we needed to do."

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa

She shot Sully a wicked grin, "I guess it would be rude of us to just turn up our noses at such a...if you'll pardon the pun, WARM welcome, wouldn't it?"
Looking over the group, she sizes them up, "So, who thinks we can just jump across the lava? Or have Sariya freeze us a path. I figure if it's hot enough to melt stone, whatever bridge we make will just melt through it too fast to be a problem, but last long enough to get us across. That is, if you can't just jump across. And Pepper?" She turned towards Alena and her fairy, "YOU stay hidden and QUIET. If we can get through this peacefully, all the better. And if we can't, let's not give them a reason to attack us FIRST. It's easier to plant an axe into someones skull when they don't expect it than when they're trying to wrestle a fairy out of someones hands."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa

"Correction, Fire burns YOU."
She smugly patted her arm, "I'm drat near fireproof."

• Locked thread