Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

Victe had been training since before dawn, mostly against her homemade training dummy behind the house. Little more than a hay-padded scarecrow, it served its purpose in allowing her to whack at it with her wooden sword without breaking. As the sun begins to dawn, her training ends and she heads to Marco's without a word to her step-parents. Their relationship is strained, they disapproved of her religion and her focus on martial training rather than learning a useful trade. She had always fought, both for fun and with ill intent, and her relationship to "ilmater's blessings", as she called her bruises, only made her more focused on her single-minded purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

She takes the insult as just another welcomed bruise, and utters a silent "thank you", to Ilmater or Sariya, hard to tell which.

"Excuse me but how far does the seal reach? Two days travel seems it would cover a long distance."

Trier fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Apr 27, 2014

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

The young girl pauses for a moment, ponders for a few seconds, then nods. "Ilmater says it's ok." she utters, and grabs the barrel, then leans down and ruffles the dwarf's hair. "Thanks, Melvin!"

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

With a very rudimentary understanding of, well, anything that doesn't involve fighting or praying, Victe looks around and tries to spot something that could be of help. A tree to fell, a shallow to cross, anything that could help them with crossing the river.

Nature: 1d20+4 16
Perception: 1d20+4 14

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

Taken aback by the Schmidt boy's brashness, Victe lets out a little "ooh!" as she's lifted into the air and gets carried across the river, barely getting wet at all. As Sully puts her down on the other side, she gives him a light punch on the shoulder and tells him "Ilmater would be proud." before checking on whether the eggs in her pack made it across safely.

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

Victe strains to find the first trail marker, Failing that, she begins to pray for guidance from above.

Nature: 1d20+4 20
Perception: 1d20+4 5
Religion: 1d20+5 16

Trier fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Apr 29, 2014

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

Convinced that such a happy little sprite would have no need of a martyr-god, or the follower of one, Victe steps up to one of the panes of glass and tries to see through, preferably before she gets close enough for whatever might be on the other side to look back.

Perception: 1d20+4 20

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

She might not have Sully's bravado, she thinks as she follows him down the stairs, but she knows a good fight when she sees one.

Trier fucked around with this message at 14:14 on May 1, 2014

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

The girl decides she needs to get inside that atrium, but between her and the door lies one of those moving weird vine clusters. She ponders for a while, trying to figure out how to get around it. Eventually she approaches it, kneels down with the tip of her blade against the stone floor, and recites a quiet prayer. As she begins to silently chant, a bright light begins to shine from inside the network of vines, and before long the light explodes into brilliant, beautiful, bright golden flames.

Holy Strike vs AC: 1d20+10 22 1d8+5 6

Trier fucked around with this message at 15:09 on May 1, 2014

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

"Uh..." she hesitates. "So... I guess that could've gone worse."

The door now free, she beckons Sully and heads through.

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

Low on spideysense, Victe lets her guard down and responds with a cheery "Hello there!"

She approaches the little leaf-girl and places her hand against the crystal. "Why are you in there?"

Trier fucked around with this message at 15:43 on May 1, 2014

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

Hearing the scuffle in the other room prompts Victe to draw her sword. She politely asks the plant girl to pardon her, before rushing off into the other room. She runs past the group to see Sully well on his way across the room, and immediately weaves to the left and begins cutting her way through the vines, to get to one of the weird plant-eyes.

Move: D37
Minor: Divine Challenge on Northern Eye
Standard: Holy Strike vs AC on D38 Vine: 1d20+10 19 1d8+5 11

pre:
Victe							
HP: 45 (THP: )		AC:   22	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 10/10 (V: 11)	For:  17	Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +5		Ref:  15	Action Points: 1
Speed: 5		Will: 18			

At Will				Encounter			Daily
Divine Challenge		[ ] Divine Pursuit	        [ ] Paladin's Judgement
Ardent Strike     		[ ] Strength From Valor
Vengeance Strike   		[ ] Divine Strength
Holy Strike			[ ] Guardian's Counter
Lay On Hands

Utility: 
[ ] Virtue
[ ] Second wind

Conditionals:
Virtuous Recovery: Spend a healing surge, get +3 resistance to all damage USONT
Mighty Challenge: Whenever target of divine challenge takes damage from it, cause +4 extra radiant damage
Devout Protector Expertise: While I use a shield, allies get +1 shield bonus to AC

Trier fucked around with this message at 00:14 on May 3, 2014

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

The young paladin steps closer to the flailing eye-stalk, readies her sword, and at the opportune moment, leaps up and plants it firmly in the center of the weird eyeball thingie.

Move: D38
Standard: Vengeance Strike vs AC on Northern Eyestalk: 1d20+10 20 1d8+5+6 17
Take 2 damage from poison

pre:
Victe							
HP: 37/45 (THP: )		AC:   22	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 10/10 (V: 11)		For:  17	Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +5			Ref:  15	Action Points: 1
Speed: 5			Will: 18			

Lay On Hands

Utility: 
[ ] Virtue
[ ] Second wind

Conditionals:
Mighty Challenge: Whenever target of divine challenge takes damage from it, cause +4 extra radiant damage
Devout Protector Expertise: While I use a shield, allies get +1 shield bonus to AC

Trier fucked around with this message at 00:03 on May 4, 2014

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

Victe quickly weaves past the group and next to the Spewing-thing, where she flails her arms frantically, hoping to get its attention.

Move: E33
Standard: Charge to E31
Minor: Divine Challenge on Spewer
Melee Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+10 13 1d8+5 10

pre:
Victe							
HP: 37/45 (THP: )		AC:   22	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 10/10 (V: 11)		For:  17	Passive Perception: 14

Lay On Hands

Utility: 
[ ] Virtue
[ ] Second wind

Conditionals:

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

She ignores the bickering and kneels to say a short prayer to Ilmater. Soon after, she's on her feet and ready to continue with her quest. "Sully." she says and gives him a calm look. "Let's keep going, shall we?"

Spent one healing surge, bringing me to 41hp, 9 surges left

Trier fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 7, 2014

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

Amused by the mock battle, Victe steps forward and greets the two. "Hello! That looks like a fun game you have going on there. Who's winning?" she calmly approaches, weapon sheathed and shield on her back.

Diplomacy: 1d20+6 25

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

Seeing the zeal of little William makes Victe proud, proud enough to follow close behind him and join in on the attack.

Move: E59
Minor: Divine Challenge on Willard
Standard: Holy Strike vs AC: 1d20+10 27 1d8+5+3 14

pre:
Victe							
HP: 41/45 (THP: )		AC:   22	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 9/10 (V: 11)		For:  17	Passive Perception: 14

Lay On Hands

Utility: 
[ ] Virtue
[ ] Second wind

Conditionals:

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

The young paladin's blade lights up with golden thunder, and as she slashes into the air, a bolt arcs up towards the hulking beast and electrocutes it.

Move: D59
Minor: Divine Challenge on Willard
Standard: Holy Strike vs AC: 1d20+10 17 1d8+5+3 9

pre:
Victe							
HP: 41/45 (THP: )		AC:   22	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 9/10 (V: 11)		For:  17	Passive Perception: 14

Lay On Hands

Utility: 
[ ] Virtue
[ ] Second wind

Conditionals:

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

Victe eyes an opportunity to make her God proud, as she drags sully back with her shield-arm and steps in his place to take the brunt of the blast. The pain causes her eyes to water up, tears that transforms into bloody droplets running down her cheek, as a brilliant golden light shines in her eyes. Her blade burns in a bright fiery glow, and as she lifts it high into the air, it splinters apart, revealing a divine sword of pure blood-red light. She can feel muscles ache as she twists it around her body in a spin, and swings it at the ghastly beast. With every slash of the sword, a bloody gash tears across her skin, matching the one she makes on the monster. As she become more and more bloodied and wounded, Sully's injuries begin healing, and a macabre trinity of pain delivered, pain received, and pain healed becomes all too realized.

Free: Guardian's Counter to switch places with Sully
Free: MBA on Willard Melee Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+10 14 1d8+5 12 MISSING!
Standard: Paladin's Judgment vs AC on Willard: 1d20+10 14 3d8+5 22 MISSING! but Sully can still spend a healing surge

pre:
Victe							
HP: 34/45 (THP: )		AC:   22	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 8/10 (V: 11)		For:  17	Passive Perception: 14

Divine Challenge		[ ] Divine Pursuit	        [X] Paladin's Judgement
Holy Strike			[X] Guardian's Counter
Lay On Hands

Utility: 
[ ] Virtue
[ ] Second wind

Conditionals:

Trier fucked around with this message at 13:19 on May 14, 2014

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

After a few moments of lying on her back, trying to catch her breath and taking time to feel the sting of every wound, in glorious acclaim of Ilmater's ever-presence, she climbs back on her feet and begin searching around the room. She quickly discovers a small silver necklace.

Astounded, she grabs the necklace and holds it into the air to get a better look at it. "This... Guys!" she calls for the others. "Guys, look, I can prove I'm not crazy! Look!" she enthusiastically holds it out towards William. "This is Ilmater's symbol, like on my mother's locket! I told you I didn't make him up, this is a holy relic!"

She quickly attaches it around her neck and run over to the crystal pane to draw a little symbol in the dust, and begin praying fervently.

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

"Alcohol means hangover. I think Ilmater will approve!" she utters enthusiastically and begin drowning herself in ale.

Endurance: 1d20+3 18

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

"Oh yeah, the crystal girl!" Victe suddenly remembers she was completely fascinated with her before all the fighting began, and hurries after Sully.

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

"Your brother is sleeping in the other room." Victe looks uncomfortable having to explain they almost killed him. "Why are you inside this thing? Did you brother lock you in here, or his friend?"

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

"Safe? Safe from what?" Victe is determined to find herself a reason to release the girl, mostly hoping she was locked there against her will, but beginning to realize this isn't a Princess In The Crystal Tower type of deal.

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

Victe rushes into the previous room and returns with a crystal shard. "Listen, I dunno what your brother told you about heroes, but we're heroes, and we have no intention of hurting you. I'm gonna release you now, okay?" she says as she puts the crystal towards the encasement.

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

Victe is infatuated with the little plant girl at this point. "Of course you can go with us, but first you'll need a name! Do you have one? If not, you should choose one." she brushes some dirt off her breastplate and turns to the others. "Is everyone fit to start taking this thing back, or do we need a rest? I'm all for hoofing it under the cover of darkness - though I'm sad to leave this place so soon. Who knows when we'll get an opportunity like this?" she says as she walks over to the crystal panes and runs a finger across the dust.

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

Victe rushes ahead the moment the vines are cleared, yelling at the others to follow quickly, and remember to bring the plant. (Plant-girl now officially named Sister.)

Double Move (Run Mode): C28

Trier fucked around with this message at 21:02 on May 21, 2014

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

Bloodied, wounded, on the verge of dying, and with a euphoric bliss supernovaing through her mind from the acid burns rapid-firing prayers to Ilmater through the network of nerves lining her body, Victe stumbles towards the exit, clutching her side where one of the acid spheres connected.

Dungeoneering: 1d20+4+2 26
Nature: 1d20+4 13
Perception: 1d20+4 5
Surge: 1d6 5
Healed for 11+5=16 to 22/45 with 6 surges left

Trier fucked around with this message at 23:31 on May 21, 2014

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

Victe was excited to be alive, all thanks to her friends! "You guys saved my LIFE!" she half-shouts excitedly. "Guys, guys. This is kind of a big deal, buuuut... I'd like you all to join me in prayer for the wounds we received. I know, it's usually kind of just me who does it, but you all kept me alive to enjoy Ilmater's gifts another day, and I think you deserve it. Whaddya say?" she says, as the biggest, most generous smile is plastered across her face.

pre:
Victe							
HP: 58/58 (THP: )		AC:   23	Passive Insight: 22
Surges: 10/10 (V: 14)		For:  19	Passive Perception: 17
Initiative: +6			Ref:  17	Action Points: 3
Speed: 5			Will: 20			

Ardent Strike     		[ ] Strength From Valor	[ ] Arc of Vengeance
Lay On Hands

Utility: 
[ ] Virtue
[ ] Second wind

Conditionals:
Selfless Protector: When adjacent ally becomes bloodied or falls, I can slide him 1 square and shift 1 square into the vacant square (free action)

Trier fucked around with this message at 13:59 on May 22, 2014

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

Victe smiles encouragingly. "Yes, absolutely. Ilmater only smites the meek, not mighty warriors like you" she giggles. "You've definitely earned his favor today with the scars you've gotten!"

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

"Hm. Nobody's home. Sister, will you go find a nice spot for your pot? Something by the window, I'm guessing, so you can catch some sunlight. Plants like the sun, right?"

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

Victe nods and sits down to rest by the window, hoping her parents come home soon. A hug from her mother, she tells her god, this much she's earned.

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

"Well this is boring." Victe dumps her armor and gear in her room, then heads over to the Sandbar place to thank Melvin for the ale and tell him about the adventure.

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

Victe smiles. "Hello, Melvin. I wanted to come by and thank you for the gift you gave us. It came in more use than you can imagine, not just for its contents. Though, it sure was a kick to drink!" She laughs and continues to tell the tale of the monster, the pixie, and the dryad the rescued, as well as a thrilling account of their narrow escape.

As the tale ends, she sighs quietly. "I came back and my parents weren't even there to greet me, though. That was kind of a bummer."

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

Victe interrupts "I'd like a word, if you're finished swinging your privates at eachother?" She has a serious look on her face. "If this is true, and Marco has been granting the village this immeasurable sacrifice to keep us all safe, I think we should reward him for his selflessness by staying away and letting it happen. If not, if we choose to allow our home to endangered, along with the lives of everyone we love, we deserve our place in the circle of hell reserved for selfish cowards."

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

"Words did not persuade, Ilmater." She whispers into her locket and waits for response.

Religion: 1d20+6 9

As no guideance arrives, she determines her faith must not be strong enough on this matter to warrant his attention, and decides to do something to fix that.

Grab Attack vs Reflex to wrestle Sully to the ground, clearly failing as expected: 1d20+7 11

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

Victe stands up, befuddled as to why Ilmater would offer a way to end the sacrifice she was so sure he condoned. She holds the locket and the necklace up towards her mouth, kneels down, and begins to pray for confirmation on his desires.

Religion: 1d20+6 7

(WELP GUESS I'M ATHEIST NOW!)

Trier fucked around with this message at 00:44 on May 29, 2014

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

"Fine, Ilmater, you'll have your way." she quietly mumbles, pulls her sword out, and cuts her palm with the blade, smiling as her pain receptors start flaring up. She approaches the door, and runs the bloody palm across it. "Time to see what this is all really about."

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

"Sully, shut up." Victe demands promptly. "Marco, we have a theory here that you're going to offer an unwilling sacrifice for the good of the village. In the eyes of Ilmater, that amounts to murder. I'm here to offer myself as a willing one so both our souls will be untainted by what's necessary to protect our loved ones."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

"Sully, if no-one dies for this ward, everyone dies." Victe direct hsr attention to Marco. "Neither I nor Ilmater gives a drat about insulting your... 'master'. You'll take me, and whoever it is you're afraid of offending will have to suffice. This is the true nature of sacrifice; that it be willing."

• Locked thread