Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

frajaq posted:

Magos Korbathov
"++ROGUE TRADER OPHELIA QUINT. I AM MAGOS KORBATHOV. YOUR RIGHT HAND BRINGS SUBRIQUE-PATTERNS GRAPPLEHAWKS TO MIND. MAY I ANALYZE THE QUALITY OF ITS CRAFTSMANSHIP FOR THE SAKE OF PURE CURIOSITY?++"

"Ummm no. I need that hand for drinking. Don't you have, like, a lamp or something to fix?"

"Throne, yes!"
Quint grabs the Lho-stick from Jerry, and lights it with some mechanism within her cybernetic hand. It's a really awesome hand. Shame Korbathov will never get to study it.
"Shame about that colony. Damned thing hasn't earned me a single credit yet, thanks to the lingering ork infestation. Can never quite get rid of them..."
Looking past you she measures up the rest of the group, her eyes lingering on Butts and Folkar, and then Butts again. She sighs and takes a long drag on the Lho as she notices the priestly regalia adorning his body. Figures.
She unceremoniously kicks the poncy officer sitting to her left out of his chair, and invites Jerry to sit down.
"Grab some wine. You'll need it to deal with this lot."

Schizotek fucked around with this message at 05:45 on May 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Magos Korbathov

"++FIXING LAMPS IS A TASK BEST SUITED TO SERVITORS OR ELECTRO-PRIESTS IN TRAINING++" he says while staring at her for a good seconds. Eventually he realizes she won't change her mind right now and takes his leave. Maybe she would let him analyze it at a latter opportunity. Maybe she would accidentally die and Korbathov would loot her corpse and grab her cybernetic hand for himself. It was no big deal either way.

He takes a few steps back from the rogue trader and goes completely still, cyber-mastiffs sitting and waiting for further instructions. Maybe Folkar would need someone mangled in the table with all these fancy people in the near future. Korbathov stares unflinchingly at Inquisitor Magdella.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Jerry

"Undoubtedly." Jerry seats himself in the freshly vacated chair and grabs his own glass. "Sometimes, if it doesn't get out and about enough, all that blueblood just starts coagulating up in the brain." Jerry lights a lho of his own and considers if he should eventually upgrade from his old lighter for fancier occasions. "It'd ask if business was going well, but seeing as you're here with, ah" Jerry glances toward the governor "very special company, I'm going to guess there's been a hiccup or two."

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

NUKE DUKEMS
"Package in sight and under duress by a tiresome highborn boypussy. You thinking what I'm thinking?" Nuke says to folkar grinning under his rebreather.

pre:
WS     BS     S      T      Ag     Int    Per    WP     Fel
41     57     51     51     44     26     46     41     3   

Wounds: 23 / 23        Fate: 1 / 1     
Half Move: 4 Full Move: 8[12] Charge: 12 Run: 24 Sprint: 48

Athletic Mastery: Acrobatics[64]/Climb[71]/Contortionist[64]/Dodge[64]/Swim[71]
Awareness: 46
Concealment: 54[74]
Demolitions: 46
Fieldcraft Mastery: Navigation (Surface)[46]/Survival[46]/Tracking[46]/Wrangling[46]
Intimidate: 71
Silent Move: 54

Armour: Arms 6, Body 6, Head 6[0], Legs 6 [All locations 7 for the first hit in a round]
TB: Arms 5, Body 7, Head 7, Legs 7
Weapons: 
Heavy Bolter 150m –/–/6 1d10+8 X Pen: 5 Ammo Supply: 200/200 Rld: Full Special: Tearing
Sacristan Bolt Pistol 30m S/2/- 1d10+6 X Pen: 4 Clip: 6/6 Rld: Half Special: Red-Dot Laser Sight, Tearing
Frag Grenade  15m S/-/- 2d10 X   Pen:0 Ammo: 3/3 Special: Blast (4)
Krak Grenade  15m S/-/- 2d10+4 X Pen:6 Ammo: 3/3

Noteworthy Talents
Noteworthy Traits

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Folkar Azereon

The inquisitor is visibly taken aback when he sees the war meeting is some sort of impromptu gala. For a moment, Folkar looks furious, and almost seems like he's about to simply open fire on the ceiling to clear the room. There was too much risk in this many people in one room, and he takes a moment to force himself to smile, which doesn't sit quite right on his face. While Jerry and the Magos bolt off to embarrass him, he turns and grabs Solomon, leaning in to whisper to the psyker. "Stay by the door with Joyce. Keep your mind's eye open; tell me if you get anything weird from the crowd. If you do, point 'em out to Joyce and then get my attention; she'll know what to do."

Folkar nods to Joyce and looks around once more, trying to think. He wanted a perimeter in case things went south; he'd never had any luck at formal galas like this. Someone always started a duel or some dumb assed punks decided it was a good time to get rich. He glances to the others and realizes that he may as well keep the group together; putting Lanny and Dukem to mingle in the crowd was an idiotic idea with how they both looked, and was likely to stir the pot of poo poo even quicker.

When he hears Dukem's low rumble, he looks from Nukem to Mittenach and realizes the coming course of action. "At ease, Dukem. We're keeping this low key until we have to do otherwise. Keep the helmet on and visor down." With that, Folkar makes his way through the crowd, gently shoving people out of his way rather than contorting his body to fit through. Nobs.

Upon climbing the stage, Folkar's smile is visibly strained and forced; he had caught wind of a few nobles and their relations, with intent to 'keep the line pure,' and by the Throne the ex-soldier really hated loving nobles. He immediately turns to the Lord General, bowing gracefully. "Lord General Carnwath, Lady Magdella, Lady Quint, Lord.. Mitternach. A pleasure to make your acquaintances. I see Lady Quint has already met Mr. Daniels and the Lord Magos." There is a subtle twitch to Folkar's eyes as he makes pleasantries.

"I am Inquisitor Commandant Folkar Azereon. To what pleasure do we owe this little... shebang?"

Charm and Blather are at 50.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Joyce Scree

Joyce gives a silent nod to the inquisitor and remains at the door spectre at the ready. She turns to the shaman Solomon, "I would keep your distance from me, Too close to me and your magic will not work. "

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

NUKE DUKEMS
"Affirmative lead clearing the path." Nuke says as he makes his way with Folkar to Magdella. He'll do his own pushing and shoving to ensure Folkars unhindered passage. "Excuse moi monsieurs and mesdames but make a hole please. The Emperor protects." Nuke says to the people he pushes around. He'll try to outright avoid knocking people down though, hearts and minds. "By the grace of he who lives eternally on Terra do I wish. For 200 rounds of inferno heavy bolts and a reason to burn all this pompous poo poo to the ground. I like the pianist though shame that getting acquainted is not on the itinerary."

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 22:44 on May 6, 2014

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Solomon

Solomon hangs back by the door for a bit as everyone spreads out into the room, he watches the gala as it begins and grumbles slightly about being left by the door. After a bit he leans over to Joyce and says, "Enjoying your stay by the door, away from everything even remotely exciting?" He crosses his arms and would almost be pouting... if psykers his age pouted... After a bit he grumbles again, "Wish we could have some of that wine they're all drinking..." He trails off and then begins muttering his meditative litanys, obviously attempting to get his mind under control to follow his Inquisitor's Orders.

malikial fucked around with this message at 23:02 on May 6, 2014

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lanny

Lanny notices the psyker leave, but doesn't let himself focus on it. His job is to keep the inquisitor safe, alive, and sane. The psyker didn't fall into that. Instead, he put himself behind Folkar, letting Nuke be the front guard, and his eyes scanned back and forth over the guests on either side, watching for any hint of danger.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Joyce Scree

Joyce continues to scan the room for threats, Folkar is surrounded by enough muscle that if anyone near by were to make a move on the Inquisitor, hopefully the combination of Folkar, Nuke, Lanny, and Jerry could handle it, but that still leaves threats from afar.

Joyce addresses the Shaman without turning to face him, "Alcohol is an intoxicant that numbs the mind and dulls the senses, exactly what we should not be doing while keeping an eye out for enemies. Also, according to those that have measured my abilities, my Teferi effects extend out to about five meters; I do not know how you could be scanning the warp for other shamans or wyrdlings if you remain so close to me. You should probably move away if you want to show your effectiveness; Inquisitor Folkar dislikes all magic users, even Shamans, if you were to prove inept, he would likely have you killed. That would be a pitty."

Joyce then returns to scanning the room for anything suspicious.

My perception is 33 and I actually don't have it trained, so i am really the worst person to be scanning for threats. :suicide:

Werix fucked around with this message at 02:41 on May 7, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Nuke Dukems for comparison has 46 perception, with awareness trained.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

NUKE DUKEMS
As Inquisitor Commandant Folkar Azeron approaches the party and starts talking, Nuke unhooks his respirator and lets it hang off the side of his face, his visor still down so they won't see his eyes or the most damaged parts of his face. He takes the glass of wine right out of Mitternach's hand, sniffs it real quick while giving the glass a little swirl, then has a taste of the wine. After a moment of letting it absorb on his palette the giant stormtrooper speaks. "Tastes like." Nuke says in a faux Highborn accent. "More Pinot Noir than chardonnay but its missing that, you know that umph in the bubbly. I guess that explains WHY IT TASTES LIKE SOME PUSSY rear end poo poo!" Nuke starts to yell out like some drill abbot on parade. "Go get something that'll put some hair on your chest, BOYPUSSY! gently caress does this poo poo need bubbles for, its not even that good a champagne. Go tell the musicians to put on some Ave Imperium, not this pompous waltz poo poo written by some old fart that was a joke during the Great Crusade, when they had to have written this piece. Oh and step back 5 paces and let the grownups talk, thank you very much." On that note Nuke downs the rest of the glass in one gulp and throws the expensive crystalwear somewhere off to the side where it breaks loudly. He secures his rebreather and steps back to the right of folkar and lets the rest of the proceedings go forward. He knew Folkar wouldn't approve but man he can't resist snubbing a highborn like he was some lowly guardsman greenie. And get away with it for a time too.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lanny

Now that shocked Lanny. As soon as the former guardsman started moving, started speaking, he was doing something that Lanny had never expected. It was like watching a Naval ship opening fire on a merchant ship, with the knowledge of the impending doom of the merchanter coming far in advance of it's actual destruction. Nothing could save it, all you could do was watch as the shells and missiles followed their deadly path.

So watch he did, gaping mouth hidden by his mask, as the guardsman went out of his way, without visible orders, to antagonize the man in charge of the entire world. A man that an Inquisitor was doing her best to offend. "Sir... should we...", his voice comes out in a strangled whisper aimed at Inquisitor Folkar. Already his eyes were scanning the room, looking to see if any of the guards were preparing to gun down his companions.

Awareness trained and perception of 36

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 06:01 on May 7, 2014

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Magos Korbathov

Even a social retard like Korbathov could see that something terrible just happened. He holds his cyber mastiffs very close to him.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Folkar Azereon

Mid-sentence. Nuke had waited until Folkar was talking and then it all went down, mid-sentence. He wonders, for a moment, if even apologizing would do anything. Explaining Nuke's condition to the noble likely wouldn't do anything. The inquisitor knew his type; all that mattered was him him him.

Well, whatever. Folkar inhales slowly and looks back to Magdella, the trader, and the Lord General. "You'll have to excuse my soldier. He was a valuable enough asset that we rebuilt him from the charred husk he was, and cleansed his mind of the horrors he had seen. The man held a tower from an onslaught of Tau until he was so wounded that the only thing he could do was detonate his cache of inferno bolts. It about leveled the pagoda, but his sacrifice kept the rest of us on mission." He glances to Dukems.

"Dukems, relieve Joyce of sentry duty. I require her services with me. And keep it much lower key than that."

Folkar turns back to the three people he's actually concerned about, continuing the small talk. At no point does he address the noble or even offer apology to him. It was all he could to not snort laughter after the initial shock was over.

e: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4496261/ charm vs 50, 23 rolled

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 18:47 on May 9, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

NUKE DUKEMS
"My apologies sir, adjusting behavior to new parameters." Nuke says before doubletiming it back to Joyce. +Joyce, swap with me, Commandant wants you at his side. Be at your post in 10 seconds.+ Nuke says on the microbead.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Joyce Scree

Joyce saw what Nuke did all the way from the door, why Folkar let such an unstable hulk be part of his war party she did not know. She knew some of the man's history, that he sacrificed his life to save the other warriors in their band. On Dawn death in battle as a warrior was the most honorable of deaths, Nuke's passing would have been celebrated for a week and his family provided for. His behavior must be caused by his spirit not being at rest, having been denied it's proper honor by the Imperial butchers that brought him back to "life".

After Nuke brings her new orders Joyce's stomach drops out of her. The only thing she fears is her own nature ruining things worse than Nuke just did. Joyce keeps her distance but reluctantly joins the Inquisitor. Folkar's plan better not be too use Joyce as an "apology" to the noble; unless the plan also includes his removal of power.

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Solomon

Solomon lifts his eyebrows and pauses his litany in surprise when Nuke makes his statements. He gets a slightly dazed almost smile on his face as the man attempts to ruin decorum for a bit. As Folkar takes care of the situation as best he can Solomon sighs a bit and then begins to do as he's asked. He watches everything, though he does not actively use his Psyker powers yet, not quite wanting to until being given a direct order to use them on a specific person.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Gallia de Praetus

Gallia had be observing the social demeanor of the room, evaluating the balance of power and figuring out who exactly would get them what they needed with the least amount of effort. Her eyes had settled upon the sad fop who called himself a noble. She was just about to open her mouth to speak when the outburst happened. She can only stare in horror as decorum is breached. In this trying time decorum was probably all these so-called nobles had to keep them from facing the reality of their situation and going mad. She does her best to not bury her hands in her face.

When confronted with a social crisis the best plan of attack was to shift the center of attention away, to turn the charm up to maximum. She had been standing with Folkar and decided now was the time to put to use all of the grace and charm training the de Pratus house had given her. Giving a calculated bow to show respect yet establish her relative rank as a noble, she begins talking, desperate to take attention away from what happened.

"Lord General Carnwath, Lord Mitternach, Lady Quint, and Lady Magdella, it is a pleasure to meet all of you. You magnanimous hospitality in these most trying of times is forever appreciated. I am Lady Gallia de Praetus of Vincennes and I am at your device."

Charm 72 w/ +10 to Nobility, Government, Administratum, Academics. I am assuming at least a few of those apply to someone in the group

Zikan fucked around with this message at 01:24 on May 10, 2014

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

At this point just about everyone at the table has stopped doing whatever it is they're doing and is staring at Dukems. Magdella's face is locked in a plastic smile as she looks on in horror as the scarred freak sets out to ruin any goodwill the planetary government might have felt towards the Inquisition. Ashes from Quints forgotten lho break off into her wine. Obliviously she grabs her glass and drains it, she's pretty sure she won't have a chance to get a refill at this point. The old Lord General's mouth is agape, and his face begins to redden with rage at this massive breach of etiquette . In fact, the only person not completely in shock towards Nuke's tirade is Mitternach himself. But the efforts of Gallia and Folkar manage to pacify everyone. After all, it's not like anybody at this table hadn't seen a little insanity in the past decade or so, right? And he was a war hero! All around the table the tone of the muttering goes from shocked and appalled to sympathetic. That poor, poor metal man. So Brave.

Of the Big Four, Mitternach is the first one to speak again. "Well Akadia, when you told me your colleagues were slightly less refined than you, I suppose I didn't quite grasp what you meant. Although the incident on the landing pad might've made it a bit more clear. And no need to send him away, Inquisitor... Folkar, was it? He's honestly not any worse than any of the men that served below me in the PDF. Come, sit down Inquisitor, I suppose we have some things to discuss."

Magdella clears her throat, at this. "I think perhaps me and my colleague should talk in private for just a moment. Up to him, of course. And it's 'Inquisitor Magdella' now and always, Governor. You call me by my forename again, and I'll ensure you spend the last of your days in penal regiment."

As she speaks Folkar notices something strange about her face. The pained, plastic grin practically stapled to her visage isn't entirely the result of the social situation she was in. Her skin didn't seem to move right, seeming somewhat stiff and unresponsive. And while her makeup still seemed excessive, it was obviously covering the unnaturally uniform and unblemished synthskin below. She's obviously just had extensive cosmetic, and possibly reconstructive, surgeries, and is still recovering.

Schizotek fucked around with this message at 19:33 on May 9, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

NUKE DUKEMS
As Nuke is falling back to Joyce's position, he looks off to the side stairs and gets an idea. He does his best to get lost in the crowd and then make his way up to the balconies overlooking the ball room that seemed rather empty at the moment and a bit darker in some parts than the well lit ballroom. He immediately thinks to the theaters of the Imperium during the few times between missions he's been allowed consciousness and a chance to watch a performance. He always had to watch from the sidelines though, in the darkness. Which in this particular situation allowed for an excellent overwatch position and if need be, raking the entire table of people in the box where Inquisitor Commandant Folkar is without touching him in the slightest since he'd basically be perpendicular to him. He readies his Heavy Bolter but otherwise leans back on the wall, trying to stick to it even and just keeps his eye on folkar. He also scans to see if any hidden guards were across the way and doing the same thing he was, activating his helmet's photo visors momentarily to peer into the darkness.
+++Nuke here at OP. Awaiting orders.+++ Nuke says on his encrypted vox bead.

Concealment 74 cause of Special Ability+Chameleoline Cloak which I'm carrying. Awareness 46 to keep tabs on the situation in the ballroom/watch for other watchers. I am using the Combat Action: Overwatch . Assume periodic Awareness tests as things go on. If that breaks the Overwatch action so be it. I can maintain this for 4 hours straight before having to take a break.

pre:
WS     BS     S      T      Ag     Int    Per    WP     Fel
41     57     51     51     44     26     46     41     3   

Wounds: 23 / 23        Fate: 1 / 1     
Half Move: 4 Full Move: 8[12] Charge: 12 Run: 24 Sprint: 48

Athletic Mastery: Acrobatics[64]/Climb[71]/Contortionist[64]/Dodge[64]/Swim[71]
Awareness: 46
Concealment: 54[74]
Demolitions: 46
Fieldcraft Mastery: Navigation (Surface)[46]/Survival[46]/Tracking[46]/Wrangling[46]
Intimidate: 71
Silent Move: 54

Armour: Arms 6, Body 6, Head 6[0], Legs 6 [All locations 7 for the first hit in a round]
TB: Arms 5, Body 7, Head 7, Legs 7
Weapons: 
Heavy Bolter 150m –/–/6 1d10+8 X Pen: 5 Ammo Supply: 200/200 Rld: Full Special: Tearing
Sacristan Bolt Pistol 30m S/2/- 1d10+6 X Pen: 4 Clip: 6/6 Rld: Half Special: Red-Dot Laser Sight, Tearing
Frag Grenade  15m S/-/- 2d10 X   Pen:0 Ammo: 3/3 Special: Blast (4)
Krak Grenade  15m S/-/- 2d10+4 X Pen:6 Ammo: 3/3

Noteworthy Talents
Noteworthy Traits

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 00:31 on May 10, 2014

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Gallia de Praetus

With the social situation stable for now, Gallia wonders how to best serve their mission. Talking with the Lord General Carnwath would probably result in a bunch of military jargon that she was ill-equipped to translate. Inquisitor Magdella probably wanted to speak with Folkar about Things That Must Be Secret. And Jerry had been working his charm on the Rogue Trader. That left Governor Mitternach. Even though the Governor was clearly a lecherous idiot who probably would do something stupid and ill-advised upon finding out that Gallia was the unmarried heir to the hallowed Praetus family, he probably the only person who had some in-depth knowledge of what happened before the rebellion had hit. Swallowing her pride, she moves toward him and more formally introduces herself

"Lord Mitternach it is quite the pleasure to make your acquaintance. As I said before I am Lady Gallia de Praetus, Heir of House Praetus of Vincennes." She pauses to let the name sink in before continuing, attempting to lay on the charm thick. Fluttering her eyelashes, she attempts to soothe the man's ego, honeyed words coming from her lips.

"I just arrived recently with Sir Azereon. I saw the terrible devastation that had occurred. I am so glad to see that you are alright! You and your house must be strong indeed to take such a blow and still be standing strong. Tell me, how does the fighting go? How does the planet overall fare?"

Charm to get him to tell me what's up or at least slip some important information while being flattered. TN 92=72 + 10(Peer: nobility) +10(High Etiquette: Bonus to Charm, Decevive, and Scrutiny Tests when dealing with high authority and in formal situations

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Joyce Scree

Now up at the table by Folkar's side, Joyce remains standing next to Folkar, seated or not. A woman of Dawn is not to sit at a table unless either directly invited to by the host, (ostensibly Mitternach) or told to by either her oldest male relative present, or her clan leaders, which for lack of a better alternative would be Folkar or Magdella.

Instead Joyce scans the immediate area, and keeps her mouth shut; not only because it was the proper thing for a woman of Dawn to do, but also because being a Teferi, she's learned no good comes from her trying to socialize with anyone. She wouldn't be surprised if everyone at the table wasn't already feeling uncomfortable about her presence.

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Solomon

Solomon grins slightly before he settles back down, resuming his awkward chanting as Joyce walks away from him, the uncomfortable sensation of the Null next to him fades away and he seems more himself, more at ease. He still seems a bit at a loss for what to do, he's trained for combat, not social situations.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Folkar Azereon

When Magdella suggests heading off for a private chat, Folkar nods sternly at her. "I think that would be for the best, ma'am." Folkar turns his head to Lanny and Joyce. "Crusader, you and Joyce come with me and cordon us off. I don't want any ears but mine and Magdella's for this conversation. ." He glances to Magdella, adjusting his duster. "Ma'am? If you'll come with me."

Folkar steps off of the platform, glancing around to get his bearings before heading down a hallway that seems fairly off from the others. He looks down the hallway to make sure Lanny and Joyce aren't paying attention and turns to Magdella. He sighs, putting his hands on his hips and looking at his feet, trying to clear his head.

"Look, you know why I'm here, and I'm not going to sugar coat it. You've had a LOT of.. failures, to put it diplomatically, roll your way and it's getting attention from people with much more power than either of us. So level with me. What's going on here?" He looks up at Magdella, his eyebrows raised. "And this one is personal, from me to you. I've heard you're very competent in our designated field, so I gotta ask; how, in the face of all these colossal gently caress ups, do you find the time to have cosmetic surgery?!"

Inquisitor Azereon sets his jaw as he asks the question, his gaze turning steely. He's done this before, countless times; soldiers gently caress up, but with the threat of commissars, they never owned up to it. But he knew how to get answers. He knew what would turn the steel of the best heavy gunner's spine to jelly. He wants answers, and he hopes Magdella falls for the same routine.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4497493/ Interrogation vs 64, 15 (with +2 DoS for Unnatural WP)

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Xavier Logan Butts

Butts walks over to the cardinal and the servitor acting as the magos' remote-controlled body. He bows to the cardinal. "Your holiness". Praying in his mind to the Emperor that he got the strange gesture right, he makes the sign of the cog to the servitor acting as Nantor's proxy. "Magos Nantor." That was a guess. Mechanicus etiquette had never been something he was particularly familiar with, and even their rank structures were mostly alien to him beyond the ranks he'd encountered in the guard. Still, if Nantor was important enough to be present, he was probably high ranking, and Butts couldn't think of any mechanicus rank between magos and fabricator general, so magos was the closest he could guess. He pauses for a second to consider how to style himself with these people, disguising his uncertainty under conveniently timed inhalation. Lord Inquisitor Wilhelm had been right about the name. It was one thing to call yourself Butts in front of people whose respect you had already earned, but this crowd looked far too stuffy for that to go over well, no matter how long the family line of Butts had been proud servants of the Emperor. "I'm Hierophant Logan, here with Inquisitor-Commandant Azereon. I see you're not taking part in the... ah... festivities?" His tone of voice makes his confusion about the nature of this supposed war council clear enough that even the tech-priest had to understand the implied question.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Jerry

"Yup, as I'm sure you already knew, this line of work draws some, ah, intense personalities."
Jerry greatly enjoyed the sight of a hundred inbred wastes of flesh turning their heads in shock and horror but there was business to attend to. Hopefully the good Captain was used to heavily armed weirdos making random outbursts as part of her line of work.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

Some Butt posted:

Xavier Logan Butts
"I'm Hierophant Logan, here with Inquisitor-Commandant Azereon. I see you're not taking part in the... ah... festivities?"

The servitor turns its screen-face towards you. Depicted on it is a looping three second video of a man looking around moving his jaws, as though speaking. Magos Nantor apparently can't even be bothered to video conference the council. A tinny robot voice comes from somewhere on the cybernetic body.
"Your deference does you credit, Father Logan. I find it difficult to leave my shrine these days, especially for pointless 'councils' that will probably end with yet another dead Governor and Cardinal. I have no desire for my order to fall into the same chaos as the rest of this planet. Now, unless you have something important to ask me, I have important tasks to attend to." The servitor doesn't actually move, so Nantor must mean where he's at, wherever that is.
Aerius Mordecai, the cardinal, is behind the servitor talking to another priest, who seems rather scared. You can't really hear the conversation, but when Mordecai points one of gnarled clawlike fingers at the other man he starts visibly trembling. Should you go try talking to him? Or will you badger the Magos further?

Gallia had about a bazillion DoS on her charm roll. So Mitternach is effectively an open book, at this point.

Gallia posted:

Gallia de Praetus

"Lord Mitternach it is quite the pleasure to make your acquaintance. As I said before I am Lady Gallia de Praetus, Heir of House Praetus of Vincennes."

"I just arrived recently with Sir Azereon. I saw the terrible devastation that had occurred. I am so glad to see that you are alright! You and your house must be strong indeed to take such a blow and still be standing strong. Tell me, how does the fighting go? How does the planet overall fare?"

"Standing strong? I dearly thank you for your kind words, but how is a house with two remaining scions standing strong? My predecessors have lead my house to the precipace of extinction with their foolishness. And I assume you saw the burning spires on the way in? So you can guess the answers to your questions. But all that happened because my esteemed family saw fit to ignore the advice of their military leaders. Namely General Carnwath. You can thank him for the festivities, by the way. He suggested I ingratiate myself with the rest of the military high command. I was skeptical, but it seems to working out fantastically, don't you agree? Especially if I get to be in the company of such a... pleasant creature as yourself. How DID you end up in an Inquisitorial retinue anyhow? I'm afraid I'm not as up to date on inter-house politics as I should be. Was never any need until recently."

Thats not how interrogation works as a skill in 40k. Well it could, but you'd be 'interrogating' a senior inquisitor not within your power, with no leverage, physical or otherwise. "Very Hard" does not even come close to describing the level of difficulty that test would be. It's kinda irrelevant, just, in the future, interrogation is basically the torture/hardcore-grilling-while-strapped-to-a-table skill. I'll take your roll as an intimidate roll instead. Which you still pass, even with significant modifiers.

Inquisitor Folkar posted:

"Look, you know why I'm here, and I'm not going to sugar coat it. You've had a LOT of.. failures, to put it diplomatically, roll your way and it's getting attention from people with much more power than either of us. So level with me. What's going on here?" He looks up at Magdella, his eyebrows raised. "And this one is personal, from me to you. I've heard you're very competent in our designated field, so I gotta ask; how, in the face of all these colossal gently caress ups, do you find the time to have cosmetic surgery?!"

The Inquisitor is taken aback by Folkar's sheer aggression, and goes on the defensive."I'll answer to the Conclave, Inquisitor Azereon, but I won't answer to you. I can answer most of your inane questions with one of my own. Where exactly do you think I was when Unuturo went up in atomic flames? If you know about my work, then tell me how I'm supposed to work with the majority of my contacts, acolytes, and my Cadre incinerated. Infiltration takes time, and it's amazing how much damage a single atomic can do. Rebuilding those networks is difficult if your face looks like a raw groxburger. No point not getting that little detail fixed while rebuilding my shattered bones and charred flesh."

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Folkar Azereon

Folkar looks a mixture of amused and annoyed. "And what? You don't think I'm here BECAUSE of the Enclave? When I asked 'what's going on here' I didn't mean in the past couple of days. You've had a lot of resources roll in and you've lost a lot of people and a lot of valuable assets, even before this, and I was hoping you'd realize the depth of the poo poo you're in and give me something to work with. Because you and I? We're gonna have to work together on this." The inquisitor leans forward as he speaks, his brow creasing. "Because you took a relic from the Enclave, and I'm charged with taking it back to Williams, but not before some of this is hashed out. I brought you over here, away from prying ears and eyes to save you the embarrassment of this, but the exact words Williams used were 'answer for her incompetence' and 'recent string of disastrous failures.'"

The inquisitor steps back, adjusting his coat. "Cause one atomic does not answer for the governors, the cardinals, or why you've needed so many resources and are still relatively empty-handed, with a rebellion armed with ATOMICS. If you can't tell me what the gently caress is going on then I can't do anything to help you. Now, I'll say it again. I KNOW you're competent in your field. So what's throwing itself against you and knocking you off your game, Inquisitor?"

He pauses, letting that sink in a moment, before sighing and rubbing the bridge of his nose. "And realize, Lady Magdella, that I'm going to be giving a report on all of this to Williams. I've come on a little strong and I realize it, but I'm used to dealing with soldiers. You bucking at every turn isn't gonna look very good when the Enclave is reading my account of what happened down here. I'm willing to forgive the initial defiance cause it's in the face of duress, but I expect you to actually want to fix this and look good to the Enclave."

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 17:37 on May 14, 2014

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Magos Korbathov

By the Omnissiah this party was boring, with the exquisite cybernetic hand business blocked, Magos heads out of the party room into the hallway where Folkar and friends just stepped off to do something. Anything would be more interesting at this point. "++ARE WE MAKING ANY PROGRESS IN OUR MISSION?++" he says to Joyce and Lanny

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Joyce Scree

Joyce can only gIve the false man a look as his non speech escapes his non mouth. "The situation is Delicate, please do not interfere. "

Joyce then approaches the two inquisitors. If there was one thing that Joyce was good at, it was killing psykers; if there were two things the second would be interrogating.

"Pardon ma'am, interrogator Joyce Scree. My Lord is correct, the enclave is very angry. There are whispers of heresy even. Folkar was sent here as a neutral; if you give us something we can advocate on your behalf. Look if something happened that got you in over your head and you were ashamed to ask for help no one would blame you; But if you remain uncooperative we can't help you before the enclave and their future inquests. "

playing good cop to dyne and his interrogation. Dc on interrogate is 72 (WP 62+interrogate +10+ talented (interrogate).

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Gallia de Praetus

It was all too easy. The right tone of voice, namedropping the proper family name, soothing a much wounded ego. Gallia chewed up and spit out nobles like Governor Mitternach for breakfast.

"Indeed it is tragedy. But many noble families have rebuilt themselves from a strong individual laying a foundation that lasts generations. This mantle falls to you and I am quite sure that you are the one to take your family back to greatness. Your willingness to put yourself right in the middle of the strategy to crush this rebellion is most admirable. As for me, it was a sense of duty that called me to the Inquisition. They assisted me once and I felt it was my duty to assist them in turn. We of the House Praetus always remember that we are servants to Him on Earth."

Gallia promptly makes the sign of the Aquilia and then flashes a bright smile at Mitternach.

"But as much as I have enjoyed the pleasantries of this chat, I unfortunately must ask of you some information. What do you know of the rebellion? How was your predecessor so deficient, no offense to their memory or your family name of course. Please feel free to go into as much detail as you can, pre and post inception of the insurrection. It would be most helpful for my work."

She puts her hand near his.

"You can trust me. You words will be among your equals not the peasant rabble."

Makeing Mitternach spill his guts about all he knows about rebellion

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Solomon

Solomon crosses his arms and stands at ease as he waits for the others to do their business. He continues to scan the groups and watch the comings and goings of people. He moves far enough away from the door to snatch a glass of wine and a small bit to eat but returns immediately. Still looking around while he munches on his refreshments.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Butts

When the magos clearly vacates his telepresence servitor, Butts sidles around the servitor to get closer to the cardinal and the scared-looking priest. He wants to speak with the cardinal, or at least greet him to get some idea of what kind of man they're dealing with, but doesn't want to interrupt the man. Instead, he waits politely for him to finish whatever is going on with the younger priest, standing close enough that the target of his interest is clear but far enough away that he doesn't intrude on whatever is going on.

Waiting until I either hear what they're talking about or they finish and I can go introduce myself to the cardinal.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Since our GM is now addicted to Destiny and has been missing for almost three months, I'm trying to find a new one. :v: We had a good thing going and none of us want to see it dead.

We didn't get far but drat do we want to keep going, these were good characters.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
The saga of Butts cannot end here. Someone take over, please.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Waci posted:

The saga of Butts cannot end here. Someone take over, please.

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
I do like butts.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I am going to take over this thread unless someone tells me not to in the next... ~20 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

goatface posted:

I am going to take over this thread unless someone tells me not to in the next... ~20 hours.

I support this.

• Locked thread