Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«18 »
  • Locked thread
ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011



Tankyuusha
Aiki: 1 | Kiai: 2 | Kongohki: Sealed Memory 4 | Goal: Find the Oni Girl 2 | Emotion: Criminals Are a Cowardly and Superstitious Lot: 3 | Misfortune: Who Have I Hurt? 3

"I am a weapon given form and little else. I have always been a villain. I simply try to ensure those who receive it are those who deserve it. If you have information you can share, then share it. I will condemn NONE to violence without it. Right now, the information I have states that you will be attacking this man's companions. Give me more. No games, no word tricks, no sly misunderstandings. My blade is sharp. I am not. Speak bluntly."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rather Watch Them
Mar 28, 2012

Don't worry loves! NEED A CAVALRY HERE!



Aiki: 5 | Kiai: 12 | Spent Kiai: 1 | Misfortune: Death of Your Most Precious Thing 3 | Goal: To Be Strongest in All Tenra 4 | Emotion: Stronger Than the Heart 3 | Goal: Guide the Gun to Enlightenment 3

"One of my major precepts is to refrain from taking that which is not given. I cannot accept this behavior.

"But then, I already broke my precept of refusing payment of gold and silver. Why do you wish to steal from the Lord? Is it because of your impoverished state, or is there something greater?"

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Gun Saliva

Tankyuusha and The Gun

The child lifts his chin to expose his throat.

Is the Gun going to stand by and let Tankyuusha straight-up murder a child? And will it attempt to keep Natsu silent about this whole thing?

Natsuyoda

The kid shakes its head. "No. We steal to provide for the people who come to us. We don't ask for their money. When no one provides of their own free will, we take from those who can afford it. You should be able to appreciate that, as a monk."

Is Asuka still openly brandishing her demon shotgun, by the by?

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh


Asuka is indeed still mad and with possessed shotgun in tow.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011



Whoh whoh whoh, I'm just threatening, I ain't murdering D:

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

The Gun

Aiki: 3 | Kiai: 14 | Emotion: Regret 4 | Destiny: Uphold the Spirit of Justice 3 | Goal: Atone for sins of past wielders 3 | Goal: Explore the Human World 3

The gun sighs, heavily. "Let us just agree that we do not see eye to eye on your brand of justice, or that murdering a monk to cover your crime is the proper course. I have heard many bandits use the justification that they were robbing from those with plenty to provide to poor. Almost all of them meant "Themselves" by the poor, and by the rich they often as not meant "Those without the means to defend what they have." Perhaps the lord is corrupt, but you have offered no proof of it. Instead, I have seen you threaten theft and murder to my very face. So yes, I am sure you have the moral high ground in this conflict." A pause, and he finally remembers to breathe at the end of the speech, taking in a hoarse, gasping breath to refill the lungs he just emptied. "But you seem to have told us your plans as well. So by your measure, we no doubt also deserve death. So have your guardian come here to deal with us first. We shall see if your justice is as lacking as it seems."

Oh, hey, look at that there gauntlet on the ground, oops.

unseenlibrarian fucked around with this message at Jun 10, 2014 around 20:37

Rather Watch Them
Mar 28, 2012

Don't worry loves! NEED A CAVALRY HERE!



Aiki: 5 | Kiai: 12 | Spent Kiai: 1 | Misfortune: Death of Your Most Precious Thing 3 | Goal: To Be Strongest in All Tenra 4 | Emotion: Stronger Than the Heart 3 | Goal: Guide the Gun to Enlightenment 3

Natsu huffs and pinches her brow. "So you steal from the luxurious."

She weighs her options, morally. Stealing is a more basic precept than living in luxury.

But then again, she's not the one partaking in it, right? She's merely obliged to stop the crime. She returns to her readied stance, then slumps back out of it again. "There are other methods than theft to better a community. Protest if you have such needs, or perhaps accept your status and find peace of mind with what you have. Either of these methods are more enlightening than stealing to find your means."

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011



Aiki to the Gun for THROWING DOWN

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!


Yurie
Aiki: 2 | Kiai: 9 | Emotion: Hatred of Armours 4 | Destiny: To Be Truly Free 3 | Marked: Known to the Priesthood 3 | Goal: Rescue the Love of Mako's Life 3

Yurie is pushed down to the ground, hair falling over her eyes. She's silent for a long moment, and then simply rises. "Whatever. Do what you want." It's touch-and-go for a moment there. There's the temptation of just looking up at him, to avoid him from ever harming anybody with his armour by trying to just fill him with the terror of her own death, but she remembers Genkū's lessons. He'd be so ashamed of her if she lost her temper like that.

Instead, she turns away, walking onward and doing her best to ignore anything that might follow. Why do those things have to be everywhere? Why do they have to keep reminding her?

Sorry for the wait! Hopefully I have my head on straight again.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Gun Saliva

Yurie

The little nobleman blinks a few times as Yurie stalks off. He looks to Mako, casting the universal "What's with her?" gesture.

Mako clicks his sword back into his sheath, shrugs, and follows the dead girl.

-

You hear the pattering of geta on the paving stones behind you as Mako trots to catch up with you. "I'm impressed," he says. "I was sure you were going to kill him. I-"

The samurai stops. "Did you hear that?" You didn't. "It sounded like it came from over there," he says, pointing to what is presumably something on the other side of this building, and perhaps town altogether.

"Let's go check it out. I've got a bad feeling about this..."

UNSUBTLE HINT you'll show up shortly

Have an aiki for walking away, just... walking away.


Tankyuusha and The Gun

The kid sighs. "It would be nice if you would listen instead of prattling.

"We," it says with a gesture to encircle itself. "Do not harm people."

The child heaves a sigh. "But we don't control people. She'll do what she likes."

There's a crash, a boom, and screaming from elsewhere in the hovel.

Gimme a roll to get over there, if you're interested. This place is a maze. And what do you do with your little buddy here?

Natsuyoda, Asuka and Jugemu

"We're not really worried about the spiritual side of things," the kid says. "We're more worried about the-"

The wall to your right erupts in splinters and flying plaster. Something fast in a cloak blows through the hole in the wall and slaps the gun out of Asuka's hands as it strays in the child's direction.

The gun, for its part, takes the time to engage in a little mischief and vomits fire. More splinters fly and the scent of burning building begins to fill the air. That's probably not good.

A whine builds from somewhere under the figure's cloak and a hail of bullets lashes at your feet and the walls around you, throwing more poo poo into the air. It's getting hard to see in here!

The thing in the cloak interposes itself between you and the wormtamer, one glowing white claw extended in your direction. What do you do?



Turns out it's really hard to do messy-but-precise like the TBZ featured artist.

grassy gnoll fucked around with this message at Jun 11, 2014 around 02:00

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011



Tankyuusha
Aiki: 1 | Kiai: 2 | Kongohki: Sealed Memory 4 | Goal: Find the Oni Girl 2 | Emotion: Criminals Are a Cowardly and Superstitious Lot: 3 | Misfortune: Who Have I Hurt? 3

Tankyuusha points a finger at the child.

"We will have questions. But now, we have someone to rescue."

He then dashes off into the maze, relying on his inhuman senses to guide him to the scream.

Hunt/Pursuit (Senses): 10d6u3 4

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I am now all animes


Jugemu
Aiki: 6 | Kiai: 10 | Goal: To be truly free 3 | Emotion: Hatred of Weaknesses 2 | Emotion: Samurai Calm 3

Jugemu pulls out his sword and brandishes it at the intruder. His stance and his voice remain level and calm.

"Now now now, who's this?"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!


Yurie
Aiki: 3 | Kiai: 9 | Emotion: Hatred of Armours 4 | Destiny: To Be Truly Free 3 | Marked: Known to the Priesthood 3 | Goal: Rescue the Love of Mako's Life 3

"I don't really..." ... Yurie didn't kill pilots at that age. Even in her rage, she terrified them, maddened them, and yes, hurt them. But it's mostly adults that would die, anyway. She didn't want them dead, she wanted to render them useless to those who would use them as weapons. Killing him... the thought had only entered her mind after being pushed like that.

Faking mortality is dangerous, sometimes, and not just for her.

"Huh?", Yurie says at Mako's prompting, coming out of her internal musings. As he moves off, she quickens her pace, but more languidly. She's interested, but she's not inclined to rush in after what just happened. She's trying to hold on to her control, and she's got the sinking feeling that the situation she's heading into is anything but controlled.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh


Asuka
Aiki: 4 | Kiai: 3 | Emotion: Greed 3 | Goal: Complete the Golden Child 4 | Marked: Cursed Weapons From A Cursed Gunsmith 3

Asuka yelps and dives down when the wall blasts open, fumbling for her pistol. Ignoring Jugemu's calm approach to the situation, Asuka simply opens fire on the cloaked figure in a panic. She was already feeling jumpy anyways, and someone busting through a wall with a gatling gun certainly wasn't helping.


Shootin': 7d6u3 4 successes

If I'm reading combat rules right I hopefully rolled the right thing. Asuka is flat out flipping her poo poo and shoots all three shots at the robo-dude, so that's +10 damage if I hit.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Gun Saliva

Alright then.

Yurie

You leave behind a confused and vaguely insulted aristocrat who drives several tons of anthropomorphized steel. This will surely have no consequences.

And it might not, depending on what happens in this fight scene here. "Everybody dies" leaves few options for storytelling.

Wormkeeper warren

Jugemu's calm approach to negotiation is somewhat bent when Asuka reaches out from behind him and lets loose with a pistol a few inches from his face. GUNS ARE LOUD

The figure holds up an arm to shield itself. There's the sound of metallic ringing as the bullets bounce off something under the person's cloak, something clearly not made of flesh.

As your opponent flinches, the wormhandler child behind it runs off deeper into the maze. If you want to follow it, you'll have to disengage with the cloaked buzzing person in front of you.

Enemy attempts to Defend against Asuka's attack: 6,5,6,1,6,1,5,2,3,6,6,2,5 5 successes. No damage, but no counterattack.

In the zone of combat are Asuka, Jugemu, Natsuyoda, and your miniboss opponent. Tankyuusha will arrive next turn, and thanks to plot contrivance, Yurie and her pet NPC will show up the turn after that. Is The Gun following Tankyuusha?

Initiative so far:

Natsu
Jugemu
Asuka
Miniboss

Aiki for Sentry for pushing things over the edge.

Rather Watch Them
Mar 28, 2012

Don't worry loves! NEED A CAVALRY HERE!



Aiki: 5 | Kiai: 12 | Spent Kiai: 1 | Misfortune: Death of Your Most Precious Thing 3 | Goal: To Be Strongest in All Tenra 4 | Emotion: Stronger Than the Heart 3 | Goal: Guide the Gun to Enlightenment 3

Natsu readies herself for a hand-to-hand attack. She exhales as her body begins waving in its fighting stance. Above her open hands, two eyes make dead eye contact. Her breathing is steady, minimal yet predictable.

Three quick strikes move right-left-right at the cloaked man, her arms like snakes lunging at their prey.

Half-Action: Readying herself for combat.
Action: Attacking the cloaked figure with her Art of War: Merciful Kannon the Thousand-Armed.

Empathy/AoW: Merciful Kannon Attack: 8d6u3 3 (x2 then +14 if it connects).

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I am now all animes


Jugemu
Aiki: 6 | Kiai: 10 | Goal: To be truly free 3 | Emotion: Hatred of Weaknesses 2 | Emotion: Samurai Calm 3

Jugemu sighs as Asuka and Natsu go ahead and attack. Another pointless battle.

Tensing up his arms, Jugemu runs in to get a few slashes in on the attacker.

Half action: Readying his sword
Action: Attacking with Body and unskilled Melee combat. I have no idea why a samurai archetype doesn't have a melee skill, but that's something I should fix in the next intermission.
Attack= 5d6u1: 3 [5d6u1=1, 1, 4, 6, 1]

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh


Asuka
Aiki: 5 | Kiai: 3 | Emotion: Greed 3 | Goal: Complete the Golden Child 4 | Marked: Cursed Weapons From A Cursed Gunsmith 3

Seeing her heavy, wall smashing rounds plink off this man's arm isn't doing much to make Asuka panic any less as she continues firing at him.


Shootin' More: 7d6u3 2 successes
Just shooting once this time since I can already foresee running out of ammo during this fight. +8 if that somehow isn't just me slamming bullets into the ceiling.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Gun Saliva

Round One

The person in the cloak fends off blow after blow, despite the forces piling on against it.

Natsuyoda feels steel beneath her fist - only years of training prevent her from being wounded by her own mighty blow. Something is getting in her way that's not just a metal fist.

Jugemu's sword slash reveals the reason as it cuts through the cloak. Underneath that tattered fabric is a body composed almost entirely of kimen components. Actually, none of you notice any flesh but on the face, and that could just be a convincing fake. Even Asuka's never seen someone so heavily modified. The line between human and kongohki is blurry at best in your opponent.

Metal fists and a shield that twitches on an arm are what keep you all from damaging your fellow combatant. Shields are generally not supposed to move, of course, but then this person moves like the world's best marionette artist is working... her? You think it's a her. Her controls.

The mechanical monster advances on Jugemu, evidently judging the samurai as the greatest threat here. She lashes out with the glowing white claws at the tips of her clacking fingers, trying to pull the soulgems from Jugemu's body.

That's silly enough to earn an Aiki, Waffle. Get that patched up next intermission.

Defend v. Natsu: 5 sux, blocked.
Defend v. Jugemu: 7 sux, blocked.
Defend v. Asuka: 9 sux, jesus christ blocked.

Miniboss attacks Jugemu. 3 sux. Dodge or counterattack.

Is Jugemu going to go into the Samurai transformation?

Tankyuusha (and the Gun, if it so desires) show up at their relevant places in this round, Koolaid'n it through the walls.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011



Tankyuusha
Aiki: 1 | Kiai: 2 | Kongohki: Sealed Memory 4 | Goal: Find the Oni Girl 2 | Emotion: Criminals Are a Cowardly and Superstitious Lot: 3 | Misfortune: Who Have I Hurt? 3

The robot man suddenly BLASTS through the wall, sword at the ready, and slides (I DO have cyber-wheels that pop out of my feet) between the lone cloaked stranger and the three fearsome attackers, facing the dread samurai, holding the sword horizontal across his body, staying wordless and not attacking, hoping the Gun will arrive to help disarm things.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

The Gun

Aiki: 4 | Kiai: 14 | Emotion: Regret 4 | Destiny: Uphold the Spirit of Justice 3 | Goal: Atone for sins of past wielders 3 | Goal: Explore the Human World 3

The Gun, being moderately poor at finding the source of the screams on his own, follows in Tankyuusha's wake as the Konghoki pounds through the complex. No walls are smashed in his wake, no dust is disturbed in his passing, and as the Konghoki arrives to intervene, the Tsukomo-gami steps up behind him and...taps him on the shoulder. "Ah. You'll want to face the other way, I think. That girl over there's the one the masked fellow said was about to be killed for knowing too much." He nods towards Natsu. "Hello again!"

Next intermission I think I'm buying some actual useful non-murder-based skills

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Gun Saliva

I was sincerely hoping this would happen. Aiki for both of you.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh


Asuka
Aiki: 5 | Kiai: 3 | Emotion: Greed 3 | Goal: Complete the Golden Child 4 | Marked: Cursed Weapons From A Cursed Gunsmith 3

With yet another wall destroyed and more of her bullets rendered painfully ineffectual, Asuka resides herself to flattening onto the ground and trying to figure out how to play dead convincingly. This is totally not worth all that money that she's going to have to steal back from Jugemu later.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Gun Saliva

Asuka's shotgun is within reach, you'll just have to take a quick action to dive for it.

If that's what you want to do, of course.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I am now all animes


Jugemu
Aiki: 7 | Kiai: 10 | Goal: To be truly free 3 | Emotion: Hatred of Weaknesses 2 | Emotion: Samurai Calm 3

"Nngh! She's going after my soulgems! This is bad!" A look of worry comes across the samurai's usually stoic face as he leaps away from the attacker. "It looks like I have no choice! HAAAAH!"

Jugemu holds up his sword as he activates his shiki. His skin turns pale and chitinous. His red hair becomes an even deeper crimson. His face becomes that of a demon. This is the power of the man who was once known as the Devil's Smile.



"This is a fight I just can't back down from! Come at me!"

Full action: Samurai transformation.

Rather Watch Them
Mar 28, 2012

Don't worry loves! NEED A CAVALRY HERE!



Aiki: 5 > 4 | Kiai: 12 > 18 | Spent Kiai: 1 | Misfortune: Death of Your Most Precious Thing 3 | Goal: To Be Strongest in All Tenra 4 | Emotion: Stronger Than the Heart 3 | Goal: Guide the Gun to Enlightenment 3

Natsu recoils on feeling... whatever it is she just felt under that cloak. She silently begins charging her ki, at least until Jugemu starts shouting about soulgems. "Sir! I..."

She takes her first look at the Devil's Smile.

"I leave this matter at your discretion." She bows and steps off to the side. "Just don't kill her!"

Now slightly out of reach, Natsuyda reflects on her training. This creature, she is made of metal. A regular strike wouldn't damage her or her shield. No mere human could dent her. And I'm hardly even a human at that. Wait, no. I am definitely human, and I do have something more behind me. The heart of a mighty tree. My heart beats, but its shell is stronger than any human. My eyes can see, but behind my pupils are solid. I am wood. I am steel!

Natsu poses with both hands out toward the marionette, palms toward herself. Her foot stepping out causes a small updraft to form in a circle around her.

"I AM MORE THAN HUMAN! And I will teach you your wrongdoings!"

Half-action: Step to the side.
Full-action: Fate Roll, based on Goal: To Be Strongest In All Tenra. Fate Roll: 8d6u4 6

Jugemu, that image looks terrifyingly awesome. Have an Aiki.

Rather Watch Them fucked around with this message at Jun 16, 2014 around 18:02

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Gun Saliva

Okay, enough waiting around.

RWT and Waffle, I assume you are both intent on continuing combat. Are the rest of you done for this round?

By the by, Sentry, if you want to flee outside instead of cowering on the floor, adventure awaits you elsewhere in this scene.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

I am good for the now, may get fighty in a bit, depending on how the new arrivals make the 'protector' react.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Gun Saliva

Right, good enough.

Fight, end of round 2

A clacking, grating noise comes from behind Tankyuusha and the Gun. There's a whirring and then a noise like someone tearing the sky in half. Bullets lash out at Jugemu, the biggest, meanest-looking target.

The sound of tinkling shell casings is strangely soothing to the Gun, considering the amount of carnage going off a few inches from its "ears."

Tankyuusha notices...

Yurie

You follow Mako across town. Literally, across the whole place. Guy's got some good hearing on him, apparently. You arrive at a particularly wretched run of huts and houses, all jammed together. The samurai jaunts right into the thing, and there's a few times you have to go incorporeal to keep up with him.

He leads you toward the sound of gunfire. Someone in a cloak is unloading on another samurai and a monk, there's a (dead?) body on the floor, and that kongohki you met on the road is standing on the side of the shooter.

Mako tenses beside you, caught in a moment of indecision. What do you do?

Okay, miniboss fires. 1,3,2,3 - (4 sux) + 8 damage against Jugemu.

Rejiggered initiative order is

Tankyuusha
Jugemu
Natsu
The Gun
Yurie
Asuka
Miniboss

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011



Tankyuusha
Aiki: 2 | Kiai: 2 | Kongohki: Sealed Memory 4 | Goal: Find the Oni Girl 2 | Emotion: Criminals Are a Cowardly and Superstitious Lot: 3 | Misfortune: Who Have I Hurt? 3

Tankyuusha turns with inhuman speed. There is a whirring noise. The sword for a brief moment is aimed at the offending Kijin.

"Cease hostilities, by choice or force."

Snicker-snack!

Attack!: 12d6u3 6
O-OVERDRI-DRIVE: 6d6u3 4
Total of 10. An additional +5 damage on a hit due to sword.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Gun Saliva

Round 3

Tankyuusha's blade flashes in and out of the cloak, drawing with it something not quite oil. The kongohki feels the blade bite into its target - it'd be enough to kill an ordinary human, but there's not really anyone in this room that matches that description.

Miniboss defends: 1,6,6,4,2,6,1,5,3,2,1 7 sux, miniboss eats 8 damage. Ouch! Still runnin' fine, though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I am now all animes


Jugemu
Aiki: 8 | Kiai: 10 | Goal: To be truly free 3 | Emotion: Hatred of Weaknesses 2 | Emotion: Samurai Calm 3
Vitality: 5


With my shiki, I regen one point of vitality a round.

Jugemu snarls as the Kijin attacks him, stepping back then rushing forward.

"Cease this at once!"

Slash!

My transformation gives a +3 to body, so I'm still going with the standby attack.
1 sux
Help!

Rather Watch Them
Mar 28, 2012

Don't worry loves! NEED A CAVALRY HERE!



Aiki: 4 | Kiai: 18 > 12 | Spent Kiai: 7 | Misfortune: Death of Your Most Precious Thing 3 | Goal: To Be Strongest in All Tenra 4 | Emotion: Stronger Than the Heart 3 | Goal: Guide the Gun to Enlightenment 3

Certainly.

Natsu glances at the Gun after having channeled her ki for some time. She looks back at the stranger and flashes a thumbs-up at her travelling partner.

She slowly sweeps her right foot back in a semicircle, knees bent slightly. Then she springs at the stranger with new-found speed, left palm forward. She stops about a foot away, but thrusts her right hand forward. A sound is heard, fast and repetitious almost like a creaking plank, as tiny welts appear and disappear on the stranger's cloak.

Half-action: Step to the miniboss' side.
Full-action: Attack!

Empathy/Art of War: 8d6u3 6

Let's buy two more successes, for 8 total.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

The Gun

Aiki: 4 | Kiai: 14 | Emotion: Regret 4 | Destiny: Uphold the Spirit of Justice 3 | Goal: Atone for sins of past wielders 3 | Goal: Explore the Human World 3


The Gun sighs. "Please cease these attacks. You are the protector of the people here, or so they claim- would you die fighting to defend a secret that too many already know?" That said, the gun draws itself from its hip, and a duplicate weapon just...appears in the other hand at the same time, blurring out of thin air. So -that's- not natural. There's another sigh, and a sound like cannons going off as the Gun fires both weapons simultaneously.


Half-action: Draw weapons (The Gun itself and his ayakashi ranged attack)
Action: Attack!

Senses/Marksmanship: 8d6u3 3

Superspeed!: 3d6u3 2

Total: 5

Using Falling Star Strike and firing 3 shots at one target, so +26 damage if that hits. If it misses I think I may have just blown up -another- wall...

unseenlibrarian fucked around with this message at Jun 19, 2014 around 20:55

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Gun Saliva

Fight Round 3, partial

Jugemu's samurai-state slash bounces off the kijin's shield, which rises faster than even his augmented reflexes can beat.

The monk's art relies on being able to read an opponent's mental and emotional state, but this one - machine merges with man and muddles the senses. The kijin's cloak flickers and flaps in the force of Natsuyoda's wrath, and the figure flinches, drawing its arms up to protect itself.

All of which becomes somewhat moot when The Gun fires. The sun dawns inside the darkened hut.

When you can all see again, a gaping hole has been opened to the outside world and actual sun shines through. In the center of the hole, in a crater, is a charred array of metal arranged like a person, containing what's left of a young girl. She uncrosses her arms and resumes her combat stance.

Defend v. Jugemu: 5 sux, no damage.
Defend v. Natsu: 9 sux, no damage.
Defend v. The Gun: 9 sux, no damage.

It should be noted that unlike most TBZ rolls, this person's counterattack is not functioning.

Despite the flavor text, you don't have to make any moves to reenter combat with the miniboss.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!


Yurie
Aiki: 3 | Kiai: 9 | Emotion: Hatred of Armours 4 | Destiny: To Be Truly Free 3 | Marked: Known to the Priesthood 3 | Goal: Rescue the Love of Mako's Life 3

Yurie blinks, watching the conflict rage on for a moment. Even with Tankyuusha moving on the attack, it's not clear what side she needs to step in on. Or even if she needs to step in at all. The sounds of mechanical warfare sparks memories, but they're not endangering anyone.

But then The Gun goes off, and the kijin is revealed for what she is. Moving too swiftly given the slow, seemingly ponderous movements of her steps, she simply calls out:

"Stop."

And as she looks to the girl, her red, baleful eye can be seen behind her falling bangs. It flares with light, as she tries to draw all of the kijin's attention to its crimson, heartless light.

It's a Spirit/Willpower contest to try and lock down the miniboss with the Fear power! Yurie has 4 successes on her check.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Gun Saliva

Round 3, continued

The kijin is fixed in place by Yurie's baleful glare. She shudders, but...

Yurie's done this a time or two. Fear is a very visceral reaction in drat near anything that lives, and some things that don't. It's always very personal, very raw.

The kijin slows and comes to a halt, but it's like watching an actor on a stage emoting fear, rather than the genuine article.

I had not built this character for magic defenses. SP: Will: 1,6,2 - 2 sux, two "damage." Kijin is pinned in place, but can still act. Inbetween rounds she can try and shake off the fear effect.

Sentry: you're up. Is Asuka going to do something this round?

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh


Asuka
Aiki: 5 | Kiai: 3 | Emotion: Greed 3 | Goal: Complete the Golden Child 4 | Marked: Cursed Weapons From A Cursed Gunsmith 3

Asuka curls up more as the sound of cannons rips through the hut, but the change in position lets her watch the... Uh, okay, so maybe she did miss something, but some girl seems to be staring at the kijin sans-cloak, and it seems to be frozen in place. Weird, she didn't notice any shock rounds go off. Eh, doesn't matter much, does it?

She slowly gets up and grabs her shotgun before facing the kijin, but with more curiosity than anything. This model seems kind of familiar, but- huh, that usually isn't- is that an older repeating model? Losing any and all sense of worry or fear, Asuka unclips a disc from her belt and holds it up to look into the reflective surface. Occasionally tapping on it and looking between it and the kijin, she attempts to identify it in some way.


Suddenly remembering I have the literal internet at my disposal, I'm gonna go ahead and Shinto Google robots and robot parts to try to figure out what's the deal with this thing because I need something to do besides shoot guns. I'm assuming this is an Interface skill since it directly involves the mirror, but my Interface and Information skills are the same anyways so hey.

Googling Robots: Knowledge+Interface: 7d6u3 3 successes

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Gun Saliva

Round 3, final

Strictly speaking, you have to plug into the internet at one of the many shinto shrines littered across Tenra for that very purpose. That said, "nurr nurr you didn't read the background well enough" is kind of lovely, and if your Kno:Info is the exact same, we'll handwave it and say Asuka's just a woman of many gadgets.

Asuka peers at the kijin as it shudders under that weird girl's gaze.

Secret Shinto Spoilers: The priesthood, either by direct interference or originating workshop, is responsible for every bit of interface, cybernetic and robotic technology on the planet. This is because of Reasons Above Your Pay Grade, but you are assured it's all very important and mysterious. Or you would be, had you not taken an abrupt leave of absence.

Anyway.

The thing is, the level of sophistication of any given piece of technology stems from how similar it is to the Priesthood original. A meikyo mirror is a hell of a lot more complex than the mechanical kimenkyo, for instance. The further you go from the original pattern made in Priesthood shops, the cruder and uglier it gets.

Most of the time. It's definitely not Priesthood original manufacture in this case, and yet... This isn't quite up to scratch with the good stuff you get if you're a high-ranking monk, but it's easily some of the best amateur workmanship you've seen. Especially since someone seems to actually understand what they're doing when it comes to the manufacture and fitment of parts here. There are some cranial mods that, if you're not mistaken, have to interface with the subject's brain, which is always a tricky procedure; there're a lot of transforming components, which is tricky even if you know what you're doing. Good workmanship, though, good use of space and material. The conditioned kleptomaniac in you would like to take some of her components home for further examination.

Which of course is all secondary (of course!) to the fact you're looking at what is maybe the tattered remains of a human being grafted to a metal shell. There might be a fifth of her original body left, if they kept most of her internal organs - you're going to guess they didn't, since they had to make room for the heart engine and the kimenkyo and the flame thrower.

Wait. Flame thrower?


The kijin girl shudders. Her arms drop to her sides, and her chest plate opens. Inside the whirling maze of machinery, things shift with a worryingly biological squelch. There's a snap, a pop, and a WOOSH, and a sheet of flame comes billowing out towards you all.

Yurie only: Mako drops to his knees beside you as you glare at the kijin. His shoulders slump. "Mino," he whispers. "What did they do to you..."

Asuka is prone. Everybody standing gets hit by the flamethrower. 1,1,6,6; (2 sux) +10 fire damage.

Kijin attempts to shake Fear: 2,3,4; 3 sux, breaks free.

New round!

Tankyuusha
Jugemu
Natsu
The Gun
Yurie
Asuka
Miniboss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011



Tankyuusha
Aiki: 2 | Kiai: 2 | Kongohki: Sealed Memory 4 | Goal: Find the Oni Girl 2 | Emotion: Criminals Are a Cowardly and Superstitious Lot: 3 | Misfortune: Who Have I Hurt? 3

"You poor girl. Was this by force or choice? And if by choice, what damned fate brought you to that door?"

Is there any way I can move to cover Yurie? If not, I AUTODODGE.

  • Locked thread
«18 »