Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Just in case I make something. I'm thinking Khorne aligned heretek,but I also want a small squad of battle servitors, and well, gently caress that fellowship requirement on normal and greater minions of chaos for any non-slaanesh.

<Werix> 10#2d10
<Hashutbot> Werix, 10#2d10: 16 [2d10=10,6], 13 [2d10=3,10], 12 [2d10=8,4], 12 [2d10=10,2], 9 [2d10=7,2], 10 [2d10=6,4], 8 [2d10=1,7], 11 [2d10=7,4], 6 [2d10=1,5], 14 [2d10=7,7]

<Werix> 1d5 wounds
<Hashutbot> Werix, wounds: 3 [1d5=3]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Dulsatae: Herald of Nurgle's Comforting Embrace

Dulsatae was among one of the first of the Death Guard recruited from Barbarus. Dulsatae was the son of a blacksmith, and was destined to be a blacksmith himself. When Mortarion visited his village, Dulsatae's father was recruited by the young primarch to aid in making environmentally sealed armor, and as such the elder blacksmith began to follow Mortarion, bringing the young Dulsatae along.

Sturdy in his own right, Dulsatae was often used as a guinea pig by his father when constructing this primitive sealed armor, both helping his father improve the the armor, and produce it in quantaties large enough for the older Death Guard fighting along side Mortarion. Dulsatae was present when the Emperor arrived, and watched Mortarion take a knee to the man. From there the most elite of the Death Guard were taken with their hero to join the legion. Dulsatae would have to wait three more years for the first round of neophyte recruitment.

Already hardy, the young man's endurance was even further augmented by the process of gene seed implantation. The neophyte quickly integrated with the Legion, finding himself more drawn to the old Dusk Raiders from Terra than his own kin from Barnarus. The blacksmith's mind easily grasped the Tenants of the Imperial Truth and its focus on using reason. The neophyte also took quickly to maintaining power armor, and First Captain Typhon personally chose Dulsatae to accompany him to maintain his Terminator armor.

It was during this time with Typhon that Dulsatae was put on the Path to Glory. Fighting along side the Word Bearers in many campaigns, as Chaplain Erebus corrupted Typhon, so too was the young Dulsatae. The first time he witnessed the power of Chaos his faith in the Emperor was shattered. The Emperor preached the power of reason, that the supernatural does not exist; well Dulsatae witnessed the supernatural first hand, so either the Emperor was wrong about its existence, or even worse he lied. When Typhon came back to the Legion, Dulsatae came with, and carried a hate and malice for the dwindling Dusk Raiders he once looked up to.

After Istvaan, Dulsatae was personally involved in Typhon's plan to expose the Death Guard to the forces of Nurgle, executing the Navigators on the ship he was on. With his Duty done, he sat down and waited to die. However, Nurgle took a shining to the Marine. He infected him with Nurgle's Rot. The disease ravaged the marine, consuming his mass and leaving him a gaunt shadow of his former self. Right before he was to die, and his soul converted into a Plaguebearer, Nurgle spared him.

Nurgle then provided Dulsatae with a gift; his flamer was infested with a plaguebearer. At the battle of Terra, this weapon, spewing disease tainted fire, was such an inspiring sight, that word spread through the Legion, and by the time the Legion had retreated to the Eye of Terror after their defeat, the first prototype Bile thrower had been developed based this daemon weapon.

The intervening time between the Battle of Terra and Abbadon's crusade was spent on the Plague Planet trying his best to get his fellow Plague Marines to maintain care of their armor, or on Terminus Est with Typhon, now Thypus, with whom Dulsatae is still close. It was Thyphus who put in his lot with Abbadon, and so to has Dulsatae, waiting to bring the Warmth of Nurgle to Cadia and the Imperium at large.

pre:
Archtype: Chosen
Pride: Fortitude
Disgrace: Dread 
Motivation: Vengeance
Alignment: Manmode nurgle

WS:51=30+11+10
BS:59=30+14+15
S:40=30+10
T:71=30+16+5+20
Ag:44=30+12-3+5
Int:40=30+8-3+5
Per:43=30+13+5-5
Wp:37=30+12-5
Fel:39=30+9

Wounds:23+7=30
Corruption:30
Infamy:50

Skills:
Athletics
Awareness
Common Lore (War)
Dodge 
Intimidate
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Astartes,The Horus Heresy and the Long War)
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Navigate (Surface)
Operate (Surface)
Parry +20
Stealth
Tech use
Trade (armorer)

Talents:
Ancient warrior
Ambidextrous
Bulging  Biceps 
Legion Weapon Training
Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight)
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
Resistance (Cold,Heat,Poisons)
Unarmed Warrior
Lightning Reflexes
Rapid Reload 
Double Team
Deadeye Shot
Fearless
Sound Constitution (7)
Armor Monger
Jaded
Mighty shot
Hip shooting

Traits:
Amphibious
Unnatural  Strength (+4)
Unnatural Toughness (+5)
Stuff of Nightmares

Special abilities:
Cold Killer

Gifts and Rewards:
Mark of Nurgle(manmode)
Nurgle's Rot(gift 1)
Daemon weapon(gift 2)

Starting Gear:
Legionnaire  Power  Armour
-Careful maintenance
-sustainable power source
-Enhanced ceramite plating
-recoil suppression gloves
-auto senses
-Mag soles 
Legionnaire Bolter traded for combi-bolter
Legion Combi-bolter
-extended mag
-red dot sight
-four magazines for starting weapon.
Legionnaire Combat Knife
Legion bolt Pistol
-2clps
Chainswordtraded in toward plague sword
Plague sword
Missile Launcher 
-telescopic sight

Deliverer of Warmth, proto-bile-sprayer
Legion Flamer
range 20m dam: 1d10+12 Pen:7 Specl: flame, spray, toxic (3), 
-Plague carrier:gains toxic 3, deals 2d10 toughness if fail, contagious next 7 rounds
-Voidchill: weapon does 1d10 toughness damage if it scores a wound.

Starting acquisitions: 
1-combi-bolter
2-upgrades for combi-bolter
3-Legion Missile Launcher w/telescopic sight
4-plague sword 
5- Legion plasma gun

Advances: (8450/8500)
Fearless-400
Sharpshooter-500
Toughness 
-simple 100
-Intermediate 250 
-Trained 500
-Expert 750
Sound Constitution (7) 700
Ballistics skill
-simple 250
-intermediate 500
-trained 750
Weapon Skill
-simple 250
-intermediate 500
Agility
-simple 250
Intelligence
-simple 250
Tech Use 200
Trade (armorer) 200
Armor Monger 500
jaded-200
Mighty Shot 400
Hip shooting 500
Parry +20 500
Rolls:
<Werix> 10#2d10
<Hashutbot> Werix, 10#2d10: 16 [2d10=10,6], 13 [2d10=3,10], 12 [2d10=8,4], 12 [2d10=10,2], 9 [2d10=7,2], 10 [2d10=6,4], 8 [2d10=1,7], 11 [2d10=7,4], 6 [2d10=1,5], 14 [2d10=7,7]

<Werix> 1d10 armor history
<Hashutbot> Werix, armor history: 4 [1d10=4]

Werix fucked around with this message at 00:39 on May 6, 2014

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Mark Brouhard posted:

Hi sup, I got my hands on tome of decay. Here's a bit of update on how I see the campaign progressing. You are gonna do this station bit, I'm intending to wrap it up by next month hopefully then we are fighting on Cadia. Eventually the 1st Black Crusade ends and the PCs should either be dead or alot more corrupted and infamous. At some point, we're going to run a player driven black crusade if there is interest in that sort of thing but you guys need to become badasses first, possibly even daemon princes! Also for Dyne and Werix's character, you may take Veteran of the Long War/Plague Marine respectively and apply it to your character sheet effect immedietely if you so choose.

I'll have to get my hands on the plague Marine info first; I should just get a copy now instead of waiting for Gen con next month.

Did they actually stat up bile throwers?

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Finally got my hands on the plague marine info, and will for sure be remaking Dulsatae as one. For ease sake can I just replace the weapon training plague knife with plague sword so I can just keep my current gear?

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

simsense cumshots posted:

I didn't realize plague sword required a proficiency. Assume plague knives/swords are covered under the same proficiency.

Yeah, they're exotic weapons. Remember I forgot to get the exotic training and you have it to me on an exp debt? Now I won't have too.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
I dig the drum magazine that bolter is rocking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

simsense cumshots posted:

Hi we are back. Need Dyne, IPVG, and LordKoth to post otherwise I'm purging them. Also reopening recruit for the reserves.

Lordkoth did indicate in the MIA thread that he'd be out of town until tomorrow, don't ruin his vacation by kicking him out just yet.

• Locked thread