Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Kanaoka Kei

The offer is enticing, although Kei is more interested in the cash Maeda has at its disposal than a slice of their turf. She still needs to repay Emi for losing their tattoo parlour. Being clear of that debt has come to mean a lot to her.

She raises a hand. "I know this Solace. At least, I've heard talk. It's supposed to work on our kind--by itself, not just through blood. I don't know why."

She skips, for the moment, the drug's supposed effects.

"I don't know where it's coming from either--everyone treats it as some big secret. But if we get our hands on a user"--she grins, and the others at the table see her grin widen and widen until her cheeks split open, blood running down her jaw--"I'm sure I can persuade them to talk." She sits back, her face whole again. "Only the lowest of the low seek this stuff out. No one who can make trouble for us if we lean on them a little bit."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Midorikawa Reiko

Reiko snorts derisively at the mention of the younger generation and their love for English. What short memories mortals have.

"Well who else but the Hototogisu would produce such a thing? They do so love to make our existence even more difficult. But we need confirmation, of course. If the Yakuza are involved, I can find out without having to lean on anybody. At least, not in a way that would make them upset."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Mizuno Miyako

Miyako hmms, pondering what's been put forth. "Only the lowest of the low...?", she breathes with a little bit of skepticism. Or maybe it's just the lowest who get caught, she thinks, her eyes scanning the room for a split-second. Her attention returns largely to Murata and Sayuri, though.

"Your man. What do you think of this?", she says to Murata. "Do you think he would have been inclined towards..." She eyes move to look at the syrette, and then she holds her hands out open, looking to Marata. "I don't need to know anything private, but who was he? Do you think he may have been a user, or simply used?"

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Jou Tanaka

Jou thought about it. He didn't like how Murata compared feeding on blood to a dangerous drug addiction. Humans weren't addicted to water, but they would die of thirst in just a few days without it. Blood was the same to a vampire. Sure some people were addicted to eating or drinking, but most people just consumed what they needed, maybe a little treat now and then for enjoyment. It was normal. Natural.

The lies we tell ourselves to get through the night.

Burying that thought, he leaned forward in his seat. "If this drug can neutralize a Kindred's abilities, it makes them as vulnerable as any human. Your man died to a gunshot wound that he wouldn't have even noticed without the drug. That's an incredibly potent weakness for an enemy to be spreading. Add in that it's addictive..." He sighed. "It wouldn't surprise me if the Hototogisu were involved, but we shouldn't start an investigation with a bias."

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

The Womb

Murata turns to Miyako. "Kenji." He names him in slightly melancholy. "Well, he's always been pretty moody guy even when he was dead. Seen some poo poo, outlived a lot of people he cared about... he fought in the war, see. I can sorta see it myself, those moments where you think eternal life's ain't all it's cracked up to be. He missed his brothers. He missed eating, most of all. Hell, I do sometimes. But I trusted him to handle Minato Ward. He wasn't going to let his personal poo poo get in the way of the zaibatsu. Or I thought."

He sighs. "Probably a bit of both. It might be the Cuckoos. I don't care who it is, at this point. Find out who killed him. Find the drug."

Sayuri exhales, dispelling the Obfuscate. And it is as if someone adjust the volume in the background, bringing back the noise of the Womb back into play.

"I'm here to help. Takeda already gave me your phone numbers so we can keep contact." She says. "Call me if you have anything to report. Now, go ahead and enjoy your party. You'll have long nights ahead of you."

So! Go ahead and state what exactly you want to do next. Hit up a contact, spend a few nights looking for junkies, find out more about Yakuza, etc. We'll go ahead and move to those scenes and keep this moving. It's okay if you want to split up too, just don't overdo it.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Mizuno Miyako

Miyako isn't the kind to go beating the streets, searching for clues or trying to pay off informants. Instead, she's trying to put the word out that she's looking for something recreational that doesn't involve blood. Maybe she used to do a little bit of something as an idol she can't get anymore. She has needs.

Of course, the only issue is that she's not exactly versed in the drug trade. So instead, she goes through the local club scene and talks to people who are. The party scene isn't exactly the dregs, but it's full of people with needs. Still, it's a bit of a shot in the dark.

But then, everything she does is in the dark these days.

Rolling Manipulation + Socialize for 2 successes.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Kanaoka Kei

There are plenty of bottom-feeding neonates who prey on Tokyo's fetishist subculture, where it's easy to lure a human away from the pack with promises of new and outré experiences.

Guro--or so he calls himself--holds court in a dungeon-themed room in a love hotel. Obfuscating herself, Kei slips past the front desk. One shove on the suite's flimsy door is enough to break the lock.

Looming over Guro, her features appearing to melt and drip like wax, Kei grills the hapless neonate. "Solace. Do you use the stuff, or do you just have a big mouth? Who sells it, Guro?"

Manipulation(2) + Intimidate(2) + Striking Looks(2) + Contacts(2) + Dread Presence(1) + 1 point Willpower(3) = 12 dice: 2 successes, lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Midorikawa Reiko

It isn't every day that a gun-related homicide occurs in Shibuya, and if there was Yakuza involvement, no reason not to go right to the source. And as luck would have it, Yamamura's top lieutenant found his way to her club the very next night. She, of course, waits until he has finished his time and had his share of drinks before approaching him.

"Excuse me," her voice is silken with the slightest hint of sadness, "I wonder if I might ask a small favor of you. Two nights ago a man was shot to death in Shibuya. He happened to be the favorite customer of one of my girls, and the poor thing is quite broken up over his death. Some of the other girls told me he was a drug-user, and I told her he wasn't worthy of her tears, but you know how these things are. I'm sure if I could explain to her what sort of person killed him and why, it would help her forget about him. A shooting so close to your territory, surely you must know something. Anything at all would be quite helpful."

Calling in that favor.

• Locked thread