Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

PROTOSTORM!!! posted:

Went down to the local game store after the move down to arizona, they announced getting in a box of starters so I was there next day and picked up a set. Pretty cool game and although I'm disappointed by the lack of characters, it is so cheap that buying a handful of starters and shifting around spare/unwanted dice seems easy enough. Also you can seemingly grab an easy 15~ dollar lot off eBay that has a complete set of the current commons and complementing dice if you really want to bus through that kinda thing.

If boxes are still rare even after the may reprint finally made it, someone drop a line and I'll see if I can snag anything else at the shop, anyone that wanted a copy pre-ordered it so there are a few starter boxes still sitting around last I saw. Only saw a single booster brick on display though, unsure if they have more ready to go or not.

Do they still have these? I don't have PMs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

My friend and I both got put on the wait-list for starters and still no word whatsoever. Wish I had never bought my boosters... I haven't even played the drat game and I'm already bored of it.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
They really need to get product out for this game. We just got notice of some major events planned by WizKids and i'm worried that there won't be enough product to support what they are doing. They have major tournaments planned but I can't even find people to play with. Not saying that there aren't people that want to play it, only that they can't find starters to build upon.

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

ShowTime posted:

They really need to get product out for this game. We just got notice of some major events planned by WizKids and i'm worried that there won't be enough product to support what they are doing. They have major tournaments planned but I can't even find people to play with. Not saying that there aren't people that want to play it, only that they can't find starters to build upon.

Pretty much. I'd love to give this a try, but I've never actually seen any product in person. Maybe the whole world is playing a practical joke on me :tinfoil:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

OrangeKing posted:

Pretty much. I'd love to give this a try, but I've never actually seen any product in person. Maybe the whole world is playing a practical joke on me :tinfoil:

Same here. This game might as well not exist.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
There's no product to be found because I have it all.

My bad, gang.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
^^^ haha.

Managed to find a starter pack at UK Game Expo the other week but decided against any boosters in case I didn't like the game. I'm now face palming hard over that decision as nowhere seems to have any in stock.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

In Birmingham there are boosters galore but no starters. I asked the guy at my LGS and he said there'd be none until September, they only received one starter from the supplier but got twice as many boosters as they ordered.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Fumaofthelake posted:

My friend and I both got put on the wait-list for starters and still no word whatsoever. Wish I had never bought my boosters... I haven't even played the drat game and I'm already bored of it.

Yeah this is where I'm at. A friend and I were stoked to play but it's impossible to find stuff and even the local stores have no clue when the restock will happen. One local store got in six of their ordered playmats but never got a starter set. I got a few boosters but they have just sat in my desk for a month. It's really an impressively bad launch and I've already lost most of the interest to play or keep up with any news.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Phoon posted:

In Birmingham there are boosters galore but no starters. I asked the guy at my LGS and he said there'd be none until September, they only received one starter from the supplier but got twice as many boosters as they ordered.

They got a web store?

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Afraid not, their web presence has always been super 90s.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

We finally got a call the other day that our starters came in. So I'm one of the lucky few who has a bunch of boosters, a starter, and a friend with the same.

I reckon I'm back in for now.

Bad news for everyone else... The guy at the shop told us in April that they were expecting to get starters around the end of May. When I picked up my starter today he told me that they just got really lucky getting one spare box they didn't even know was gonna be in their order. They couldn't even fill the whole wait list and now their main supplier is saying August.

This launch is so hosed... I honestly don't understand how it's possible to do such a poor job launching a game like this. Like did someone at the company leave a 0 off the manufacturing order? Did they forget that Marvel properties have basically never been hotter? I dunno, just weird to me.

Oh and now that starters are in, boosters have been sold out for weeks. I take back what I said about buying them haha... Anyway, good luck to the rest of you.

PROTOSTORM!!!
Oct 24, 2010

EdsTeioh posted:

Do they still have these? I don't have PMs.

Sorry, you posted this on boardgame day, I was down at the shop getting gnarly with splendor and poo poo instead of posting on SA.

I will check in, I saw a few boxes but they were taken off the display, but they had some behind the desk so I will check next time I am out there.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

No worries, man. We've got a shop in town with boosters, but no starters so I've been picking a few up at a time.

Iron_Chef
Sep 19, 2003
Chef of Iron
Finally got to have a game or two with just the starter and it all seemed to go smoothly. One question though, if Storm causes an engaged character to re-roll and they roll up another character face are they and Storm still engaged in combat and deal damage to each other?

Also do I need to buy another starter to get more dice for the starter characters, or a those included in the boosters (should they ever become available)? Because that seems rough buying boosters and getting characters that are already in the starter set.

Has anyone found a web store in Australia (or that will ship to Australia) with boosters? I found one store on Amazon that would ship to Australia but the boosters were like $4.00 and ridiculous shipping.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Iron_Chef posted:

Finally got to have a game or two with just the starter and it all seemed to go smoothly. One question though, if Storm causes an engaged character to re-roll and they roll up another character face are they and Storm still engaged in combat and deal damage to each other?

Also do I need to buy another starter to get more dice for the starter characters, or a those included in the boosters (should they ever become available)? Because that seems rough buying boosters and getting characters that are already in the starter set.

I opened over two dozen boosters and haven't gotten any dice for the starter set characters. It looks like the trade-off for the cheap price point is that you'll need to buy two starters to get more than two dice for each starter character.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Iron_Chef posted:

I assume so, cant see any reason why not.

EonBlueApoc
Oct 13, 2006
I play straight up.

Iron_Chef posted:

BJPaskoff posted:

I opened over two dozen boosters and haven't gotten any dice for the starter set characters. It looks like the trade-off for the cheap price point is that you'll need to buy two starters to get more than two dice for each starter character.

There is one more uncommon version of each of the starter characters. You can see them on the checklist you get with the starter. The fact that there is only one version of each of those characters peppered in the boosters with all of the 3-ofs makes them a little more 'rare', but you can get more dice for those characters this way.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

EonBlueApoc posted:

There is one more uncommon version of each of the starter characters. You can see them on the checklist you get with the starter. The fact that there is only one version of each of those characters peppered in the boosters with all of the 3-ofs makes them a little more 'rare', but you can get more dice for those characters this way.

Oh yeah, I'm dumb - I got a Thor in a booster pack and forgot about it. Also a super rare Mr. Fantastic which apparently sells for $30 on eBay, holy poo poo.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
My store finally got a couple boxes. I reserved 10 packs and pulled the UR Wolverine. How many URs are in a box, 1?

Also, are everyone's cards bent to poo poo? How can I fix this?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

The American Dream posted:

My store finally got a couple boxes. I reserved 10 packs and pulled the UR Wolverine. How many URs are in a box, 1?

Also, are everyone's cards bent to poo poo? How can I fix this?

It seems like one a box is average.

And yes, they really are warped when you pull them out of the pack. Thankfully this isn't a game where you need to shuffle them. I've found that the un-warp themselves mostly after a while, but put them in a protective sleeve and they'll be much better.

The official playmats are nice, but the game requires so little space outside of having an area to roll dice in that I took a bunch of the white protector card thing that comes in packs and wrote the names of the three big zones on them: Used, Field, and Prep.

Gropey C
Feb 26, 2004

Groping one generation at a time
I had two boxes and got ZERO UR! yeah maybe my odds suck...but that's super rough. It was so many commons and uncommons

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!
I was just browsing my local game store, and shockingly, they had three starters sitting on the counter! I picked up one -- I considered two, but considering all the trouble I've had finding this at list price, I figured it was probably better not to hoard and let someone else make the same discovery. They didn't have any boosters, unfortunately, but apparently there's a group that plays every Tuesday at the store, so I'll at least get to try the game.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
I was at the store when the owner opened a box of 14 starters. Of course, I didn't have enough to get one at the time but I take it as a good sign that he got so many. Perhaps the drought is over! Then again maybe he just got lucky. Either way, they're starting a weekly league now.

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!
I managed to order 20 boosters online (GoHastings.com) at list price, though shipping made them a bit more costly. It looks like, slowly, the product shortage is clearing up a little...though obviously there's still a long way to go.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

OrangeKing posted:

I managed to order 20 boosters online (GoHastings.com) at list price, though shipping made them a bit more costly. It looks like, slowly, the product shortage is clearing up a little...though obviously there's still a long way to go.

Trying to figure if paying $1.50 a pack is worth it. The local store that doesn't have a gravity feed is supposedly going to be running stuff in the near future but otherwise I don't know anyone playing yet...

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
This will steadily start becoming more available now. They scheduled print runs for June, July and August, so we are just now getting Junes.

Also, it hasn't been brought up yet but they announced 7 major Dice Master tournaments through the WKO. http://www.wizkidseventsystem.com/open.php
National Championship Qualifiers. They will also have side event Rainbow Drafts at all WKO's. They also have a bunch of product allocated to these things, so if you can't seem to find product anywhere else, you will be able to find it at WKO's.

nyxnyxnyx
Jun 24, 2013
I'm looking for SR Tsarina and Gobby. If any of you have spares you'd like to sell to a goon, I'm your man!

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Anyone at GenCon want to trade rares or some poo poo?

MisterPhoton
Sep 5, 2007
We have a pretty active Dice Masters community going in the greater Portland, OR area - there are 3-5 events a week, if you're willing to drive all over the place.

I've been able to get in on tournaments at my FLGS every Saturday. When they don't have product to give as prizes, they give store credit, and with my consistent winning I've built up enough credit to buy a shitload of Uncanny once it comes out.

Also, the WKO events will all be using Uncanny X-Men instead of AvX for prizes AND the rainbow drafts, so if you want a chance to pick up UXM before it hits stores, register for an event.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

I picked up a starter set of this in a small gaming shop I was in for a magic tournament and I snagged their last copy. I've been having fun learning about it and playing some basic games, and I'm looking forward to getting some booster packs later this week.

Has anyone seen the official playmat in the UK? I think it looks sweet, but I just can't find it anywhere.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

A friend of mine introduced this to me last night and I had a lot of fun with it. Trying to get hold of my own starter now which is proving impossible (probably extra impossible as I am in the UK).

One thing we didn't really get, was that attacking seemed to punish the attacker more than the defender. If the defender chump blocks he gets his chump into the prep area to re-roll next turn, and if he lets you through then all your guys go and sit in time-out till you empty your bag.

Our games sort of ended up with both players staring at each other over a wall of blockers until someone had enough dudes to overwhelm and kill the opponent in a hit. I am wondering if were maybe missing something?

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Tempo is hard for me to learn as well. I try to attack early and often, keeping my bag small by fielding sidekicks for the chump block, so my unblocked attackers get back into my hand quickly.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Tradesies:

Rare Wants: Mystique, Nova, Green Goblin.

OP Wants: Teamwork, all characters.

Rare Haves: Distraction (3), Gambit (2), Silver Surfer (2), Magneto (3), War Machine, Wolverine, Angel, Doctor Doom, Doctor Octopus, Nightcrawler, Hawkeye.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

I had a bunch of questions on deck building but the OP sorted me out. Wish the manual in the box and a teeny bit more detail. I picked up two starters because I wanted 4 of each dice.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Anyone is Los Angeles want to carpool down to San Diego for the WizKids Open?

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Also looking for rare Nova if anyone has one for trade.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Buddies and I went down to my LGS to check out this Marvel Dice Masters after talking to a random guy there a few days earlier. We show up and got to try out the game and.....

2 Booster sets, so with the 60 boosters each, so I would say it was a hit with us. We got 5 guys to come try it out and 2 other buddies interested. We've already preordered 2 more of the gravity feed booster sets, so I think another 60 per, for uncanny X-Men and 2 of those starters as well because of reasons. Sucks it won't most likely be out till October 22nd but we got some many things to mess with I think we'll live
We LUCKILY found one more store, that is also surprisingly local and new with great deals, that had ONE starter left.
Side note it was a funny conversation "Yeah we got 8 of them in luckily and we still have...no. Wait. I have one left"
He was kind enough to set it aside so we managed to get one starter as well.

The guy who introduced was a little miffed with the sheer amount of rares we pulled out of the first booster set. Tons of Novas and Venoms. Only 1 Wolverine, Spiderman, Ironman and 2 or 3 other people I think. But we got 60 more boosters to work our way through tomorrow.

initial combos we loved:
Green Goblin +1A/D sidekicks + Punisher uncommon recycling Punisher.

Other thoughts? Rare Nova is a monster!!! I think we currently have 3 of him.
Storm is fantastic for early game defense.

Really enjoyed the game and look forward to finding out what else we got. Local scene should be starting the tournament stuff in the next month or so yeah. Pretty happy overall

Now to decide if we want to dabble in Heroclix or not

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

i got gobby today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Other thoughts? Rare Nova is a monster!!! I think we currently have 3 of him.

Well if y'all are interested in trading one of them to me, send me a PM. ;)

• Locked thread