Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Poque posted:

Confirming. Pecota get your act together girl

YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD AND YOU NEVER WILL BE

(Resend it whenever)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
confirming that im pretty rad and cool, dont know if im a goodguy yet or not though

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

uranus posted:

confirming that im pretty rad and cool, dont know if im a goodguy yet or not though

use urban dictionary. i had to. at least that's the assumption I'm working under

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure I'm a good guy.

Also I'm a mermaid.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

This outfit is absolutely hideous, eugh.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

uranus posted:

If you're sickening (like the vanilla town flip 8bux did) then you're town :cmon:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Classy lassy, confirming :bigtran:

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
oh, yeah im good guy. i thought this was like where you get your role and then find out if you're good or bad later. OOPS

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
now that i know im a goodguy, i can claim my role. im a post cop, i can pick any two posts made in the same five minutes and find if they are the same alignment as each other. so everyone post quick!

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
come on now, if no one posts my power is useless >:[

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That's a cool role. I hope you are telling the truth.

Can you check like, once a day?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

uranus posted:

now that i know im a goodguy, i can claim my role. im a post cop, i can pick any two posts made in the same five minutes and find if they are the same alignment as each other. so everyone post quick!

In a class right now but I'd like you to do me and windshipper today if you're telling the truth.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Unless he has a sweet drag name that I don't know of I'm pretty sure windshipper isn't playing.

So do me and Pecota instead :)

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I'd be up for that, do it off of this.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Or the last two posts. I thought windshipper was in the game because I remembered seeing his avatar on realness selection last night~

Murmur are we finally going to be on the same side here?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Confirming that I'm owning

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Power of Pecota posted:

Or the last two posts. I thought windshipper was in the game because I remembered seeing his avatar on realness selection last night~

Murmur are we finally going to be on the same side here?

I'm pretty sure the universe implodes if we're on the same side in an online reality game!

That said, I'm on whatever side is more fabulous.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
more posts, i have a post threshold to reach

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Is this just a ploy to get us to post more?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Only one way to find out.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I actually started watching this show, but I randomly decided to watch season 3. I'm not sure if this is a quality season or not. Also I don't know what season my character was in so I don't know if she's a jerk or not, but it's reality TV so answer is probably a jerk.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

reality tv is full of drama and assholes so it's a natural choice for mafia flavor, really

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I actually kinda love reality TV.

I have a problem.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

my roommate loves it, and i've slowly become sucked in and it is an amazing world of :gonk: and shame

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Sometimes when I'm bored I'll watch Top Shot. Once they fired a friggin' cannon, it was pretty sweet.

Also, I wouldn't do the thing with MMT and what's his face if I were you. There's a good chance they're either gambiting or one is a godfather, I feel it in my bones.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
That is a cool role and I submit myself up for its shenanigans

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Ixtlilton posted:

Also, I wouldn't do the thing with MMT and what's his face if I were you. There's a good chance they're either gambiting or one is a godfather, I feel it in my bones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KevqJgNokU

Don't you DARE. :nyd:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

my roommate loves it, and i've slowly become sucked in and it is an amazing world of :gonk: and shame

My future roommate got me into it this season, and I've really loved the whole season. They really hosed up the elimination this week (and did a few weeks ago too when Trinity went when it really should have been Joslyn but who cares since they were both leaving soon enough) but other than that it + untucked have been great.

Ixtlilton posted:

Sometimes when I'm bored I'll watch Top Shot. Once they fired a friggin' cannon, it was pretty sweet.

You also have it in your bones to be a Top Shot watcher, so yeah. With a role like derp's (or mine in the CBB game if the town weren't morons) I can have a 100% lock on someone's alignment, and I'm going to volunteer for that 100% of the time as town.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Power of Pecota posted:

You also have it in your bones to be a Top Shot watcher, so yeah. With a role like derp's (or mine in the CBB game if the town weren't morons) I can have a 100% lock on someone's alignment, and I'm going to volunteer for that 100% of the time as town.

It's not really 100%, and you'd also volunteer if you were a godfather, wouldn't you? Personally, I wouldn't volunteer for it period, because I know my alignment and I'd rather have more information, and really I would much rather if derp hadn't claimed it all until tomorrow because seriously, who kills derp N1. He probably would've had more difficulty breadcrumbing it subtly than his last time in Go-fia, but I disagree with derp's decision here.

Also, occasionally I'll watch Pawn Stars or Storage Wars as well, just so you know. I haven't seen any of those since I was home like 4 months ago though.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Ixtlilton posted:

It's not really 100%, and you'd also volunteer if you were a godfather, wouldn't you? Personally, I wouldn't volunteer for it period, because I know my alignment and I'd rather have more information, and really I would much rather if derp hadn't claimed it all until tomorrow because seriously, who kills derp N1. He probably would've had more difficulty breadcrumbing it subtly than his last time in Go-fia, but I disagree with derp's decision here.

Also, occasionally I'll watch Pawn Stars or Storage Wars as well, just so you know. I haven't seen any of those since I was home like 4 months ago though.

I mean, it's a pretty high percentage even if it wouldn't go through a godfather (I'm still thinking like my CBB role, where interaction with a godfather wouldn't make sense). You knowing your alignment and the thread knowing your alignment are separate things and both priorities when you're playing town, I'd be equally fine doing two people like 50 and Uradd for the latter. I think derp claimed early too, but whatever, he already did it.

Re: Storage Wars, I'd be interested in seeing a spectrum of favorite to least favorite Storage Wars people from people. I feel like that says a lot about a person. Personally I'd go Barry > Brandi > Dave > Daryl > Jarrod > Daryl's fat son who shows up sometimes.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

Asiina posted:

I actually started watching this show, but I randomly decided to watch season 3. I'm not sure if this is a quality season or not.

3 and 4 are my favs. Enjoy!

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Power of Pecota posted:

I mean, it's a pretty high percentage even if it wouldn't go through a godfather (I'm still thinking like my CBB role, where interaction with a godfather wouldn't make sense). You knowing your alignment and the thread knowing your alignment are separate things and both priorities when you're playing town, I'd be equally fine doing two people like 50 and Uradd for the latter. I think derp claimed early too, but whatever, he already did it.

Re: Storage Wars, I'd be interested in seeing a spectrum of favorite to least favorite Storage Wars people from people. I feel like that says a lot about a person. Personally I'd go Barry > Brandi > Dave > Daryl > Jarrod > Daryl's fat son who shows up sometimes.

That makes some amount of sense, yeah, just two people being that eager to tie their alignments together that early seemed a bit off to me. And Barry is obviously the best, the only thing I would change about your list would be switching Dave and Daryl around.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Power of Pecota posted:

My future roommate got me into it this season, and I've really loved the whole season. They really hosed up the elimination this week (and did a few weeks ago too when Trinity went when it really should have been Joslyn but who cares since they were both leaving soon enough) but other than that it + untucked have been great.

Oh I meant reality TV in general

uranus posted:

more posts, i have a post threshold to reach

this doesn't really add up with what he originally claimed his role to be though

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Ixtlilton posted:

That makes some amount of sense, yeah, just two people being that eager to tie their alignments together that early seemed a bit off to me. And Barry is obviously the best, the only thing I would change about your list would be switching Dave and Daryl around.

It's more that Murmur and I always end up with conflicting goals, we've had to turn on each other twice in Awful Survivor and haven't been the same alignment in the 2(?) mafia games we've played together.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

Oh I meant reality TV in general

Personally I'd say Season 1 of the Genius Game and Season 2 of Project Runway are the peak of reality TV. S2 of Top Chef is a weird hell-world peak that isn't necessarily good, but ended up being the best season to talk about after the fact by a pretty big margin.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

S2 of Project Runway also has Santino Rice (with hair!!) and when I saw that he was a judge on the first episode of Drag Race this season I literally screamed

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Season 10 of Big Brother and Survivor: Samoa are also pretty big seasons if we're going to just pick one season of a show as representative of great/awful reality TV.

Also literally any season of America's Next Top Model, but I think the All Stars season (season 17) or the season with Ann (season 15) are pretty up there.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
The correct answer to best reality show season is Season 1 and 2 of the Mole for very different reasons.

I would also throw in Season 2 of Project Runway, Season 6 of Top Chef, Season 2 of Work of Art: Search for the Next Great Artist, the only season of Whodunnit (aka the best trainwreck of a show), the one season of Murder in a Small Town X, various Survivor seasons, a season of The Amazing Race I haven't decided on (probably 2 or 3) the all-star season of Face-Off, and the first season of VH1's Can't Get a Date.

I watch a lot of reality tv shows.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I'm pretty sure the biggest trainwreck of a show I've ever watched has been The Real World: Ex-Plosion because it isn't designed to be anything other than a trainwreck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Eight Dollars posted:

The correct answer to best reality show season is Season 1 and 2 of the Mole for very different reasons.

This is a correct opinion.

I'd also say Season 3 of Masterchef. Hell's Kitchen it's hard to choose. I'd probably says Season 8 for the highest concentration of both insane and good cooks (Raj, Boris, Sabrina, Trev, Russell, Nona).

• Locked thread