Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Me I'm FABULOUS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I'm back bitches!

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

This outfit is absolutely hideous, eugh.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

So are you bitches done loving around with reality shows or what?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Bitch, I am a star of Unreality TV. I am so fabulous that it's Unreal.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

##vote foo

I'm actually very down with that.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Murmur Twin posted:

Wait until we post back-to-back and then use your power on us!

I think Foo is town - he's saying/doing too many things (voting me after one post, casing derp for lying about his role, responding with long defenses against every point when pressured) to make me think he's scum. I'm pretty new to Mafia still, and my gut reaction to derp lying was "That's scummy!" until I thought about it some more. I guess I just don't see how acting suspicious of Derp would be a good scum play?
Because turning jokeclaims into lynches can be effective, and people generally don't attribute blame when jokeclaimers are lynched. It's a very safe accusation.

quote:

I think Foo posting a lot this early makes him an easy scapegoat for scum to point to. If anything that argument makes me look harder at Ixtlilton, 50, and Poque. Ixtlilton questioning Foo feels genuine and I don't really get a scum vibe there.
Posting a lot has nothing to do with alignment. Townies that post a lot do it to "help" the rest of the town see their reasoning. Scum that post a lot do it to "help" townies see their reasoning. Total non sequitor

quote:

Why is derp making up a role and generating discussion good for town, but then foo questioning derp's intent and generating discussion scummy?
Jokeclaims encourage discussion where there is none without pushing an agenda, while foo questioning derp's intent on a joke encourages discussion while pushing an agenda. There is more likely to be scum motivation from foo than derp.

quote:

I don't know if that's just like "50 being 50" or what but that seems like a really low-effort bandwagon post on the easy target. Which is so far the scummiest-looking thing I've seen in this game. ##vote 50
Someone else found it, but I like the vote, it's a variation of the "you are too smart to say that, so you must be scum." which is my favorite early game case. I believe it applies here.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Power of Pecota posted:

I think this is kinda bullshit, scum priorities can be in plenty of different places D1 (keep a low profile, make early cases to look higher-content, get a specific town person lynched) and the umbrella "pushing an agenda" only accounts for the last one.

Totally true, but the possibility is there. You could also attribute pushing an agenda to discrediting a townie to make them an easier adversary, or attribute the case on a jokeclaimer to looking higher content.

This is by no means a slam-dunk case, but at this stage in the game, I like it.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I think what we should take away from yesterday is.

THAT I AM FABULOUS!!!

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I want to omgus mt or yuming tonight.

Hoping to get a chance to shop for makeovers!!!

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Murmur Twin posted:

Oh wait I was supposed to PM that image. I can't read rules. Should I take that down or...?

It would be a tragedy if you did that.

##vote yuming

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

That's an interesting thing!

Yuming could be a role cop!

I like the lynch.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I think I found the scum.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

bowmore posted:

just because yuming said you are town does not mean she is town

I wasn't talking about you.

Is your conscience clean?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Sounds like a scumscuse to me.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Poque posted:

Hi I'm here and will be here til deadline. 50, who are you fingering as a badguy?

The guy I am going to shoot tonight. Bang-bang!

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Poque posted:

that's interesting

Are you accusing me? Or do you want to know the cool thing I do?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Asiina isn't scum, derp was likely jailed by the town jailer.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I'm pretty sure we win. Kill kaschei, jail pecota, if there is a death, murmur or derp is lying. Small chance that bowmore is godfather, but unlikely.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

One of pecota, bowmore or kaschei is jailer btw.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

If none of those 3 claim jailer, then derp is scum.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

My guess right now is that bowmore is the jailer, (I copied the jailer role last night, which is how I know there is one.) and kaschei is the scum.

I just want to hear who the jailer is before voting.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Poque posted:

Kaschei lying about the jail would make him the last scum but then he would've had to jail and kill in the same turn. must process. can asiina be scum? hrm

I cannot confirm this as I do not have an xshot ability.

I can though. I copied this ability night 1 and targeted myself, then jailed Asiina last night.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Poque posted:

also how did you copy a jailer but not know who the jailer was?

I am the copycat, it's random each night what I get.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Provided 1 scum remaining. Asiina, kaschei, derp and I are cleared as of last night.

Bowmore is a potential godfather.
Murmur is a potential rodeo gambit scum.
Pecota is potential scum, and unless ixt cleared poque he is too.

Pecota is probably the best lynch, bowmore seems like the best jail target, which leaves an obvious lynch for tomorrow.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Poque was not cleared, but seems the least likely at this time.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I jailed Asiina and therefore didn't kill anyone.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I'm pretty sure Pecota is the lynch here, but I would like to hear bowmores role first.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I was worried about that. I might be wrong about the jailer being town. Process of elimination still suggests Pecota is the most likely, but it seems entirely possible that scum can action and kill, which would include kaschei as a possible scum. Derp cleared me n1 by targeting yuming.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Power of Pecota posted:

Can I get some protection targets and rationales from bowmore and some rationales behind the jailings from kaschei?

From a balance perspective it's really dumb to believe that town could easily have three nightly protections in a 12-person game (bowmore's doctor copied by 50 N1, bowmore's doc, kaschei's jail), how is nobody noticing how broken that would be? I smell a rat there.

Well I have limited shots and the role I get is random. I got n1 drag mom, which I used to refresh the shot I used, and n2 was a jail.

I am worried that bowmore is actually a godfather, but I think it's manageable with night actions.

I think the correct line of play right now is to have kaschei jail bowmore, while derp and murmur both check poque. That way if poque is scum, he gets caught period. If bowmore is scum, there will be no kill.

If murmur is scum and makes a kill, she has to claim poque is scum, if she abstains, bowmore is the lynch, poque is cleared, and kaschei jails murmur.

If kaschei is scum, and kills, poque becomes clear, bowmore becomes clear, and murmur is the lynch, leaving kaschei as the lynch the next day. If he abstains, bowmore is the lynch, poque is cleared, leaving him to be forced to jail murmur, in which case he has to abstain again leaving murmur as the lynch, and kaschei goes down the next day.

That line of action leaves no chance for a scum win. Everyone should go over my logic to see if I missed anything, but I'm pretty sure lynching you wins us the game right now.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

kaschei posted:

We've been tricked into a massclaim after all

I think the mass claim solved the game.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Power of Pecota posted:

I can also give you guys a pretty good reason why 50's plan's not going to work, btw

I'd like to see it! It feels a little like you are scrambling, but you could be right!

Poque, my plan takes into consideration the possibility that scum can kill and use abilities on the same night, and yes I get to chose my action after using copycat. I learn the ability I copy upon lynch.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

The points you bring up are okay, but it is difficult to lose if we lynch you. I think your point about kaschei is very good, but the strategy involving lynching you is better.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Bad lynch don't finish it until I talk.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Actually gently caress it, let's lynch him. If he is town then either poque, murmur or Pecota are a roleblocker. (Or shady ape is a reverse framer, and bowmore is the roleblocker.)

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

##vote kaschei

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Power of Pecota posted:

Also I wonder what would have happened if I just gave up, we did 50's plan, and kaschei was able to take out one of Murmur/derp and be verified as blocking bowmore :o

Wouldn't have mattered. Order would have been you->murmur-> kaschei dies in lylo to the remaining 2 confirmed towns.

My plan was basically fool proof, but I ended up going with kaschei because he was definitely the most likely option.

• Locked thread