Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Sign me up, preferably as BenDeLaCreme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

You know I'm bringing that Guest Starring on NCIS: Los Angeles Realness.

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

Also who besides me has been watching this season?

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

Poque posted:

Confirming. Pecota get your act together girl

YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD AND YOU NEVER WILL BE

(Resend it whenever)

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

uranus posted:

confirming that im pretty rad and cool, dont know if im a goodguy yet or not though

If you're sickening (like the vanilla town flip 8bux did) then you're town :cmon:

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

uranus posted:

now that i know im a goodguy, i can claim my role. im a post cop, i can pick any two posts made in the same five minutes and find if they are the same alignment as each other. so everyone post quick!

In a class right now but I'd like you to do me and windshipper today if you're telling the truth.

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

I'd be up for that, do it off of this.

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

Or the last two posts. I thought windshipper was in the game because I remembered seeing his avatar on realness selection last night~

Murmur are we finally going to be on the same side here?

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

my roommate loves it, and i've slowly become sucked in and it is an amazing world of :gonk: and shame

My future roommate got me into it this season, and I've really loved the whole season. They really hosed up the elimination this week (and did a few weeks ago too when Trinity went when it really should have been Joslyn but who cares since they were both leaving soon enough) but other than that it + untucked have been great.

Ixtlilton posted:

Sometimes when I'm bored I'll watch Top Shot. Once they fired a friggin' cannon, it was pretty sweet.

Also, I wouldn't do the thing with MMT and what's his face if I were you. There's a good chance they're either gambiting or one is a godfather, I feel it in my bones.

You also have it in your bones to be a Top Shot watcher, so yeah. With a role like derp's (or mine in the CBB game if the town weren't morons) I can have a 100% lock on someone's alignment, and I'm going to volunteer for that 100% of the time as town.

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

Ixtlilton posted:

It's not really 100%, and you'd also volunteer if you were a godfather, wouldn't you? Personally, I wouldn't volunteer for it period, because I know my alignment and I'd rather have more information, and really I would much rather if derp hadn't claimed it all until tomorrow because seriously, who kills derp N1. He probably would've had more difficulty breadcrumbing it subtly than his last time in Go-fia, but I disagree with derp's decision here.

Also, occasionally I'll watch Pawn Stars or Storage Wars as well, just so you know. I haven't seen any of those since I was home like 4 months ago though.

I mean, it's a pretty high percentage even if it wouldn't go through a godfather (I'm still thinking like my CBB role, where interaction with a godfather wouldn't make sense). You knowing your alignment and the thread knowing your alignment are separate things and both priorities when you're playing town, I'd be equally fine doing two people like 50 and Uradd for the latter. I think derp claimed early too, but whatever, he already did it.

Re: Storage Wars, I'd be interested in seeing a spectrum of favorite to least favorite Storage Wars people from people. I feel like that says a lot about a person. Personally I'd go Barry > Brandi > Dave > Daryl > Jarrod > Daryl's fat son who shows up sometimes.

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

Ixtlilton posted:

That makes some amount of sense, yeah, just two people being that eager to tie their alignments together that early seemed a bit off to me. And Barry is obviously the best, the only thing I would change about your list would be switching Dave and Daryl around.

It's more that Murmur and I always end up with conflicting goals, we've had to turn on each other twice in Awful Survivor and haven't been the same alignment in the 2(?) mafia games we've played together.

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

Oh I meant reality TV in general

Personally I'd say Season 1 of the Genius Game and Season 2 of Project Runway are the peak of reality TV. S2 of Top Chef is a weird hell-world peak that isn't necessarily good, but ended up being the best season to talk about after the fact by a pretty big margin.

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

S2 of Project Runway also has Santino Rice (with hair!!) and when I saw that he was a judge on the first episode of Drag Race this season I literally screamed

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

Eight Dollars posted:

The correct answer to best reality show season is Season 1 and 2 of the Mole for very different reasons.

I would also throw in Season 2 of Project Runway, Season 6 of Top Chef, Season 2 of Work of Art: Search for the Next Great Artist, the only season of Whodunnit (aka the best trainwreck of a show), the one season of Murder in a Small Town X, various Survivor seasons, a season of The Amazing Race I haven't decided on (probably 2 or 3) the all-star season of Face-Off, and the first season of VH1's Can't Get a Date.

I watch a lot of reality tv shows.

I'd rate 1, 3, 4, 7, and 8 as better than 6 for Top Chef - Season 6 has a great top 4, but it's a loving slog to get down to them. I hated Work of Art, Season 1 of Shear Genius was pretty fun, and dipping into VH1 reality I Love Money Season 1 is a loving hilarious trainwreck.

Asiina posted:

This is a correct opinion.

I'd also say Season 3 of Masterchef. Hell's Kitchen it's hard to choose. I'd probably says Season 8 for the highest concentration of both insane and good cooks (Raj, Boris, Sabrina, Trev, Russell, Nona).

S3 of Masterchef is a great pick, Hell's Kitchen I'd go with 7 because like 4 of the top 5 were good enough to win. 4 and 6 as runners-up, I loving hated everyone you listed on S8 besides Boris, who I felt sorry for more than anything.

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

Poque posted:

I'm amazed you'd put 7 over 6, I thought 7 was a horrible slog and didn't even have a satisfying final group as a reward. S3 and 4 will always be my favorite there.

I was going by a list of winners, I meant All-Stars and not 7. 7 sucked and had probably my second least favorite winner behind Hosea

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

I'm watching ink master right now :stare:

Ink Master loving rules, the legit best guy this season last I saw went by "Sausage" and everyone says "human canvas" and "human canvas jury" all the time.

I'm out for tonight, off of a high from stomping bar trivia~

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

Crimson box me.

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

yuming posted:

idk who is scum :(

Well, have a boon about it. ##gag on yuming's Eleganza

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

Foo can you give one (1) reason why derp's claim would be harmful to the town/beneficial for scum to make?

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

POP - the obvious advantage for scum is to set up two town as appearing to be on opposite sides - with obvious town-on-town slapfighting afterwards, leaving the scum to be able to fly under the radar more easily

Think long-term though - would sticking with the claim be a kamikaze mission where at the end scum derp's like "Haha you chain lynched two town off my dumb claim, laters"? I don't buy him going for that out of the gate D1. Would he give an actual town + scum pair and try to ride the claim out, which would put a 50/50 target on the back of a scum in a 12-person game? I don't see a viable long-term scum strategy off of faking that. Do you?

Uradd posted:

Why? Because he doesn't like derps... derpiness?

##vote Uradd on reread, this post bugs me, it looks like asking a question for the sake of asking a question. Even if they don't agree with it, did anyone besides Uradd not infer what the logic behind the Poque/50 votes on Foo was?

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

50 pounds of bread posted:

Jokeclaims encourage discussion where there is none without pushing an agenda, while foo questioning derp's intent on a joke encourages discussion while pushing an agenda. There is more likely to be scum motivation from foo than derp.

I think this is kinda bullshit, scum priorities can be in plenty of different places D1 (keep a low profile, make early cases to look higher-content, get a specific town person lynched) and the umbrella "pushing an agenda" only accounts for the last one.

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

Even if they don't agree with it, did anyone besides Uradd not infer what the logic behind the Poque/50 votes on Foo was?

This wasn't rhetorical btw. Asiina, did you see it?

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

Asiina posted:

Using that metric I'd say yuming or uradd based on feelings.

Why vote yuming (no other votes, loved for the day) over Uradd (one other vote, nobody's contesting my point about the Poque/50 votes)?

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

Asiina posted:

I didn't realize uradd had a vote on him, phone posting sux. Vote finder images are so small and hard to read.

I don't really see how her being loved is really a point in her favour since we don't know her role and she could very well be scum, but I don't mind switching since I'm feeling both are equally probable of being scum. Honestly though I don't know if anyone else is interested in voting for either of them.

yuming being loved for today has nothing to do with her alignment, but needing 7 more votes with how the day's gone so far is a pretty tall order for a general feelings vote.

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

Ixt/Asiina, we've got 23 minutes until deadline and you can put Uradd into a tie for the vote lead with Foo if you switch. Why not do it?

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

Asiina posted:

We'll both ixt and Kaschei said they'd consider yuming, which is why I asked.

Seriously you have to navigate so many menus to get to square brackets on this stupid thing.

yuming's not going to get 7 more votes besides you in 18 minutes.

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

Things are looking like a pretty clear apathy/process of elimination vote on Foo right now, is anyone else besides Ixt/Asiina here?

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

##vote Foo bleh, show up for deadline tomorrow people

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

I'd still ##vote Uradd, letting 3 votes on scum slow roll to being the only viable option when Ixt/Asiina/I were around and preferred his lynch makes me think the scumteam either didn't want that to happen either or was being lazy as poo poo, and him as scum fits both criteria + I still think his question yesterday about the Foo vote seemed tacked on. I'm offput by yuming missing the deadline with the blah 50 vote down, and kinda weirded out by how long it took Asiina to switch to Uradd when it was clear she liked it better than a Foo vote, although I wouldn't want to vote behind that.

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

Ixtlilton posted:

People not posting their most and least likely scum teams ITT.

Most likely: Uradd/yuming, least likely 50/Pecota :backtowork:

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

Knowing now that Foo was scum, I look back at this discussion between Pecota and Foo and it looks to me like Pecota, realizing that people think Foo is scum based on what he said about Derp, is trying to help his scumbuddy justify it in-thread to move suspicion elsewhere.

I was trying to figure out Foo's rationale behind the vote, and he literally never responded to my follow-up. You're framing me trying to get him to justify his vote as me pulling pressure off of him, which is complete horseshit.

Murmur Twin posted:

This feels like a made-up reason to vote for someone other than Foo.

Did it feel made up yesterday? You didn't say anything about it then beyond agreeing with my premise that the logic behind the votes he was asking about was clearly visible. The case on Foo was pretty tepid, 50 was upfront about that himself.

Murmur Twin posted:

Going on what I see above, this feels more like it's about saving Foo than thinking Uradd is scum.

This sounds really, really reverse-engineered.

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

All of this is really reverse-engineered. At least, in terms of the fact that yesterday I thought Foo was town and so I agreed with what you were saying. Today, I know he wasn't, so I'm specifically trying to re-examine how people were acting towards him and basing what I think on what I've seen. It's not like I'm 100% sure you're scum or anything, but for me right now that's what I see as the strongest case. If we don't hear from yuming or Uradd (or get thought processes behind who 50/Kaschei/Asiina/uranus think is scum) we're still really early on in D2.

And yes, I know that sounds hypocritical given that I was vocal about thinking Foo was town. If people want to push back on my logic so be it.

I mean, your points seem like you're trying to fit me into a narrative that's not there, specifically me getting Foo to explain his vote. I don't see how that looks like me giving him an out, a ton of people hold to "lynch all liars" stuff as town and can back it up. I wanted to see if he could and never got a response.

Poque posted:

I disagree entirely that it was a case built out of apathy, not only was it a good case (not just from the perspective of being correct) but it was the best case we had, and it's just standing out to me that you have kinda snuck that in a couple times now.

That's fair, it was fine for a D1 case (and realizing that he never came back to explain his logic for like over a day makes him look worse now that I notice it). I will say the last quote there was more general boredom with how the deadline went, I felt like it was just me and Ixt and Asiina dinking around and waiting for people to check in to get enough votes to lynch anyone.

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

So pointing out why Foo's logic re: why he thought derp was scum was off is leading people away from voting him? I'm having a really hard time seeing how this is working from your perspective.

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

You seem to think I'm presenting a proof when I am in fact presenting a hypothesis.

Feel free to give me a better case on anyone else?

I'm asking you to defend how you're getting to that hypothesis and it's not checking out at all. ##vote Murmur

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

OK, so you're questioning Foo, and then you make your point, and he doesn't reply to you. Then:

Cool framing again with that Foo (no response) quote between my question to him and Uradd vote making it look like there was time between them when it was all in one post.

See, the point of asking someone questions is to figure out their mindset. I didn't get a chance to hear anything from Foo beyond

Captain Foo posted:

POP - the obvious advantage for scum is to set up two town as appearing to be on opposite sides - with obvious town-on-town slapfighting afterwards, leaving the scum to be able to fly under the radar more easily
Which just read lazy to me, that's why I wanted to hear follow-up. Clinging onto a vote like that when someone can't adequately explain it would have made me suspicious, all I got was a really shortsighted thought.

I was unhappy because nobody was talking about anything (plus Ixt and Asiina were being really slow to vote my top scumpick Uradd when they clearly preferred lynching him to Foo) and usually when someone with three votes at the end of D1 becomes the only viable lynch because of inactivity (Poque, this isn't about the merit of the case. Literally only enough people were around to lynch Foo and even that was down to the wire) they aren't scum. I stand by the Uradd vote, his entire day was sidling around the derp thing and asking a facetious question.

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

:o:

Of course I realize how important it is that drag queens be highly literate! I'll try harder in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnVSklVO-t4

I've got to go to a class in 5 minutes, I haven't reread D1 re: yuming's theory on Poque to see if it fits yet.

Bonus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNdgYBCnW-8

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

yuming, I'm not seeing it - Poque was a first vote and followed through hard on a slow D1 - why not try and swing to the wrong side of the 50/50 shot at scum first if Ixt is town? Also I don't see scum thinking derp's claim was real after he added the minimum posts threshold thing after making the claim and then admitted to faking it. Also are you just calling Ixt town off of the idea of scum presuming derp's role was real/do you believe derp's role was actually real?

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

Ixtlilton posted:

That's not her case, her case is that Poque is scum because his posting sounded like it came from an informed point of view as far as I can tell. I disagree with that, but that's what she thinks :shrug:

Uhh can you elaborate on what you mean here, because I'm not getting your objection. Poque would have still been going through those thought processes as scum, and the informed point of view would be knowing that you and Foo were of different alignments if he was scum with Foo and not you?

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

I've been out-blingeed, madre de dios. And I got owned at this week's bar trivia :eng99:

##vote bowmore, this last page is not a town reaction to yuming's claim at all and the Ixt vote is mondo dodgy. Really interested what he and Murmur have to say about each other~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

Poque posted:

##vote yuming

I don't think scum would counter and basically stick themselves in a 1-for-1 position, especially down a player from day 1

I was buying yuming's claim yesterday because if it was fake, it was basically guaranteeing that someone would counter and set up that kind of a 1-for-1. It at least kinda makes sense for yuming since she was pinned into a corner and could go for the longshot no cop in the game idea or something, it makes zero sense for Murmur to lie about here. ##vote yuming

• Locked thread