Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
The last game of yours was super fun. Hopefully I don't get murdered before I can say anything again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I watch too much Top Model, so definitely Runway Covergirl!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure I'm a good guy.

Also I'm a mermaid.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That's a cool role. I hope you are telling the truth.

Can you check like, once a day?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Is this just a ploy to get us to post more?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Only one way to find out.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I actually started watching this show, but I randomly decided to watch season 3. I'm not sure if this is a quality season or not. Also I don't know what season my character was in so I don't know if she's a jerk or not, but it's reality TV so answer is probably a jerk.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I actually kinda love reality TV.

I have a problem.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Season 10 of Big Brother and Survivor: Samoa are also pretty big seasons if we're going to just pick one season of a show as representative of great/awful reality TV.

Also literally any season of America's Next Top Model, but I think the All Stars season (season 17) or the season with Ann (season 15) are pretty up there.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Eight Dollars posted:

The correct answer to best reality show season is Season 1 and 2 of the Mole for very different reasons.

This is a correct opinion.

I'd also say Season 3 of Masterchef. Hell's Kitchen it's hard to choose. I'd probably says Season 8 for the highest concentration of both insane and good cooks (Raj, Boris, Sabrina, Trev, Russell, Nona).

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Captain Foo posted:

I'm pretty sure the biggest trainwreck of a show I've ever watched has been The Real World: Ex-Plosion because it isn't designed to be anything other than a trainwreck

I think the best reality show I've ever seen was The Joe Schmo Show which was a fake reality TV show that was a kind of crazy Truman Show thing.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Power of Pecota posted:

S3 of Masterchef is a great pick, Hell's Kitchen I'd go with 7 because like 4 of the top 5 were good enough to win. 4 and 6 as runners-up, I loving hated everyone you listed on S8 besides Boris, who I felt sorry for more than anything.

The only person that I listed that I actually liked was Nona, since she was good and tried to just keep her insane team together. Raj and Sabrina were batshit, Boris was so clueless and he stayed for so long. Trev and Russell really represent that arrogant type of reality show contestant where they know they're good and are total insufferable assholes about it. It was truly representative of reality TV.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

I like how that's barely actually more useful information.

Also I didn't realize how many people haven't actually really posted anything yet.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Burgundy

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Eight Dollars posted:

Asiina reaches into her box and pulls out...

Kelly Osborne!?! She makes a lot of polite chat and some chuckle-worthy jokes. All the queens agree that she was a fine guest judge for the episode and should probably replace Santino on the show.

If this box had any effect on you you'll be told in a PM!

Blasphemy!

So I'm only going to be able to phone post for the next few days. I'll be around but may not be overly active.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm here for the only time I can be this evening. I see that not much has happened.

Derp's shenanigans seem harmless. I'm cool with it. Does Foo not know derp because I will say I hated Mr. Anus the first game I played with him.

I don't really get the votes against MMT.

I may vote 50 just for appearing to hate reality shows in this game about a reality show. Not really though.

Did I miss anything?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm not really feeling 50 or Foo. I think Foo is wrong about derp's lie and it being bad, but I also think that would be a strange thing for scum to focus on.

50 I don't really have too much of an opinion on, but I'm not seeing anything very scummy about what he's said.

Honestly day 1 is a clusterfuck and I'm personally more likely to put my attention on lurkers than people having a fight.

Using that metric I'd say yuming or uradd based on feelings.

Once again sorry for lurking myself. If I don't get murdered today/tonight I will be home tomorrow and will be able to be much more active.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think I see it but I'm more willing to give it a pass.

From what I understand Foo seems to not be overly familiar with derp and the crazy things he sometimes does. He didn't like the fact that derp was fakeclaiming that two people were different alignments, cause even though derp almost immediately said it was a joke it could have lead to a bad turbo.

People against Foo seem to be overstating this as saying Foo is claiming that all lies are anti-town, which Foo said that's not what he means.

I think the argument against Foo is a stretch which is why I don't want to go along with it.

I have to go to my afternoon sessions now (woo conferences) but I'll try to be around near deadline. In case I'm not I'm going to chose to ##vote yuming based on the hunch from my last post.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Power of Pecota posted:

Why vote yuming (no other votes, loved for the day) over Uradd (one other vote, nobody's contesting my point about the Poque/50 votes)?

I didn't realize uradd had a vote on him, phone posting sux. Vote finder images are so small and hard to read.

I don't really see how her being loved is really a point in her favour since we don't know her role and she could very well be scum, but I don't mind switching since I'm feeling both are equally probable of being scum. Honestly though I don't know if anyone else is interested in voting for either of them.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So I'm around now and will be until deadline. Is anyone considering anybody but Foo or 50 cause I'm not comfortable with either of them.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I hate when everything comes down to deadline.

I will switch though if people are more willing to vote uradd than yuming.

Are people willing to actually vote either of these people?

BBcode on an iPad is a pain in the rear end so I don't want to switch my vote more than once.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
We'll both ixt and Kaschei said they'd consider yuming, which is why I asked.

Seriously you have to navigate so many menus to get to square brackets on this stupid thing.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I guess ##vote uradd to hopefully get any latecomers to switch.

I'll be mad if I have to switch again.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Goddamnit

##vote foo

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Welp, I'm terrible at this game. Glad we lynched Foo, sorry I didn't believe it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

:waycool:

Right now, the most suspicious player in my eyes is Asiina:

(a) While I admit it's entirely probable that she's stuck phoneposting, I could also see that being used as a way to avoid having to make in-depth cases that could later backfire.

Well I don't know if there were really strong cases to make since it was D1. I didn't believe Foo was acting scummy and I didn't really see the case against 50. Also I really was phone posting during the day between sessions at my conference and then ipad posting in the evening at my parent's house. Both of which do make quoting and formatting difficult if not impossible to do, so even if there was a case to make I wouldn't have been able to. I tried to participate the best I could with what I had though.

Also lying about phone posting because it makes scum D1 easier is a pretty low thing to do.

quote:

(b) She seemed pretty adamantly in favor of moving the vote off of Foo. (full disclosure: yes, I was too)

Yeah, I definitely was, not going to lie. I really thought he was just overreacting to a situation based on not knowing derp and his crazy ways. I was wrong, but that doesn't make me scum.

quote:

(c) The general attitude towards deadline of "I'll vote for whoever everyone else wants to, as long as it's not Foo or 50" gives the impression of making a town effort without actually taking a firm stance on someone.

It wasn't whoever else. It was two people who were semi-lurking which I didn't really have a good feeling about their contribution, but of those two I didn't really have a strong indication of who was more likely to be scum. I did think Foo was town, I was trying to save him no doubt, but it was to either Yuming or Uradd, not just anyone.

quote:

(d) I feel like the vote for Foo towards the end forced her hand, because people knew she was here at deadline and it would have been weird if she didn't help the lynch go through.

Also on my list (for when I have more time) are Pecota, Yuming, and kaschei - but those are all pending D2 discussion.

Man, I struggled so much to get my post in on time! It wasn't easy and I was being distracted by my parents. I could have very, very easily not made it.

And by the way I haven't changed my mind and I am still suspicious of Uradd and Yuming.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hey bowmore.

Are you a good lady or a bad lady?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

I believe you.

yuming posted:

I'm a good lady :sun:

I don't believe you.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I wanted to vote yuming while she was lurking and I want to vote her now that she is making a nonsense case.

##vote yuming

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

VivaNova posted:

That means Asiina, you are the winner of this episode's mini-challenge!

Your mix of blingees and paint with attention to detail in the background took you to the head of the class. I'm sure OdorousTabacco will be rocking this look for years to come.

As a reward, you may gag on someone's eleganza to make her loved today, yourself included.

Yay, all my effort!

##gag on asiina's Eleganza

Also whoops about yuming ##unvote

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

Hi guys! I went to sleep early last night.

(a) I'm the cop
(b) bowmore is town (I investigated Uradd N1, which is why I was originally suspicious of Pecota going from Foo to Uradd)
(c) pretty sure yuming is scum

:chillpill:

oh god I don't know what to believe.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Sorry about not being around for deadline last night. I thought I'd make it but got caught up at dinner with old friends I haven't seen in a while.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
No, it was Poque.

I also tried to give a thing to Poque and it failed.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
He's lying or something else happened.

I got blocked going to Poque.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

kaschei posted:

But poque that would require someone to be lying, or for SOMETHING ELSE to have happened!

Not the best sentence, you going to kill me over that?

I might as well claim because it's not particularly exciting. I'm a drag mom because I'm so nice to the other girls! I can go to someone and if they have a limited shot power I can give them an extra shot. I went to Poque both nights. It went through the first night and was blocked the second.

That's it, that's all I got.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

kaschei posted:

So you don't have an item, you're just a "Drag mom"? Because your role, it sounds possible, but obvious given Foo's flip.

My flavor item is the crown, but I don't think those do anything.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'll admit I haven't been giving this game my full attention. It's been a unexpectedly busy week, but I am happy following Poque since he's been right so far and 50s explanation makes sense to me.

Assuming the game doesn't end tonight, does someone need/want an extra shot?

##vote Pecota

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I had no idea what you meant at all and the second video didn't work in Canada.

• Locked thread