Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

"Walking Schwindel, smart move."

I shall be queen of the queens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

I must be Gorgeous Gourmet Realness!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

I think that gives the Couture Realness to 50, huzzah

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Confirming. Pecota get your act together girl

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

uranus posted:

confirming that im pretty rad and cool, dont know if im a goodguy yet or not though

use urban dictionary. i had to. at least that's the assumption I'm working under

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

That is a cool role and I submit myself up for its shenanigans

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Eight Dollars posted:

a season of The Amazing Race I haven't decided on (probably 2 or 3)

Season 5. Without question imo

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Power of Pecota posted:

I'd rate 1, 3, 4, 7, and 8 as better than 6 for Top Chef - Season 6 has a great top 4, but it's a loving slog to get down to them.

I'm amazed you'd put 7 over 6, I thought 7 was a horrible slog and didn't even have a satisfying final group as a reward. S3 and 4 will always be my favorite there.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Ernie. posted:

help it's not working

also $5 on spacebutt being 3p, calling it now

why?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

who is space butt

derp

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Ernie. posted:

i can feel him oozing the "hello i am so scummy" vibe, but as town he's usually more aggressive and trying to list who scum are on d1

ernie what is this? what are you doing and why

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

I totally missed the "same five minutes" thing and was wondering why you needed so much posting. what's the flavor of your power?

uranus posted:

ok since i am now a big fat dead loser drat you poque, i can play in this game

:getin:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

HvV over Micronesia? Insanity. And SCUMMY ##vote Murmur

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Rose please :blush:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Ixtlilton posted:

Also, am I the only person who thinks this is a pretty scummy post even for Murmur Twin? I'm sure it's mostly tongue-in-cheek, but still.

i couldn't tell if it was a joke or not but it was baffling.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

##eat stinky fish

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Eight Dollars posted:

Fake actions are okay and fun, unless they are designed to be thought of as real actions (no fake vigging or all that).

btw

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Ernie. posted:

##replace poque's nailpolish with sheep blood

##already uses that

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

I refuse to vote Ernie today outside of a scumclaim

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

yuming posted:

idk who is scum :(

The game just started

Eight Dollars posted:

A note drops out and you read it to the group. "All you girls work hard, but one of you werrrrq's hard. But which queen is it? Before today is over you've got to ##gag on [someone's] eleganza. That person can't be you or Ernie. and they will receive a boon for the rest of the episode. No T, No Shade!"

mememe

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Is fabuloise when a Blastoise does drag?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

##vote foo

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

Thought process behind this...?

I don't believe that he actually thinks derp's fakeclaim was harmful to town or that lying (as the game starts) is specifically not town-friendly. basically Uradd has it right:

Uradd posted:

I think every game ive ever started with derp has had day 0/1 cop type shenanigans and its amusing to me that people are considering his 'claim' as truthfacts

This is the proper reaction to have, not trying to push it into scummy territory.

basically the second chunk of stuff Ixt posted above

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

Why is derp making up a role and generating discussion good for town, but then foo questioning derp's intent and generating discussion scummy?

You asked and answered your own question... "generating discussion good for town". The more reactions to things we have to go off of, whether real or made up, the better. You can judge how people would act in a situation if they think the situation is actually happening.

I don't read Foo as questioning derp's intent at all, actually. I voted him specifically for trying to pin derp's lie as not town friendly.

Captain Foo posted:

He's already admitted to lying, lying isn't exactly considered town friendly

Poque posted:

I don't believe that he actually thinks derp's fakeclaim was harmful to town or that lying (as the game starts) is specifically not town-friendly.

He doesn't try to put it against derp's intent whatsoever - he tries to blindly paint all lies as non-town, which is untrue. And quite possibly a lie.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

50 pretty unambiguously hashed out what was suspicious about Foo and why he considered it a good case, I don't know how you could call it "fluffy" if you read it

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Hi I'm here by phone. Can someone paste votefinder?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Don't really see a case on Uradd. Foo please.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Would gladly do yummy but no way that's happening

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Thanks phone. *yuming

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

##vote yuming keep the good times rolling

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

uranus posted:

hey everyone what about murmur twin. also maybe yuming who knows, shes probably really busy and tired

vote either of them, as they are the scums.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Power of Pecota posted:

I was trying to figure out Foo's rationale behind the vote, and he literally never responded to my follow-up. You're framing me trying to get him to justify his vote as me pulling pressure off of him, which is complete horseshit.

Did it feel made up yesterday? You didn't say anything about it then beyond agreeing with my premise that the logic behind the votes he was asking about was clearly visible. The case on Foo was pretty tepid, 50 was upfront about that himself.

This sounds really, really reverse-engineered.

I'm on your side for all of this but this is the second time that you've talked about the Foo case as though it didn't have any merit or as though the Uradd piece was better.

first time (it's two posts but they were right at the end of the day):

Power of Pecota posted:

Things are looking like a pretty clear apathy/process of elimination vote on Foo right now, is anyone else besides Ixt/Asiina here?

Power of Pecota posted:

##vote Foo bleh, show up for deadline tomorrow people

I disagree entirely that it was a case built out of apathy, not only was it a good case (not just from the perspective of being correct) but it was the best case we had, and it's just standing out to me that you have kinda snuck that in a couple times now.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Hi bowmore

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

oh my.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

please point out where I'm an informed pov in any of that? You just threw that out there, added on some meaningless quotes and presented it as a case.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

yuming posted:

derp and Ixi obv town. 50 eh I don't think he's scum after today.

Poque I like my ~theory~ on. Asiina's ideas seem sincere. bowmore is in this game?

I chose ##vote Poque

this is terrible. 50 has one post today:

50 pounds of bread posted:

I think what we should take away from yesterday is.

THAT I AM FABULOUS!!!

and bowmore just replaced in. You're not even trying.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Like this is really, really bad. What is the point of that last post? Is it to make it seem like it's a PoE vote on me by just mentioning people as total throwaways even when they don't even make sense? And why should you feel like you have to make the vote feel PoE when you presented a [terrible] case in the post before it?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

yuming posted:

I'm tired!!

I changed my mind about 50 because I don't think he's scum OMG why is that so hard to understand~

Informed POV: scum would suspect derp to be telling the truth about his role D1 because his result was accurate from their perspective. Knowing that, bussing foo would be a ~clever move~

That's my working theory. Those three quotes inspired me that is why I quoted them.

I didn't noticed bowmore was a replacement hi bowmore :sparkles:

You changed your mind but specifically said "after today". so what about that post changed your mind? What about any post changed your mind?

you say an informed POV scum would suspect derp to be telling the truth about his role but quoted me saying that not believing it was the right move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

It's also pretty terrible that your initial case on Foo was the "fluffy" piece, and I was the one to call you out on that initially. Now your mind is changed on 50 but you included that as one of your three quotes of why I'm a bad guy.

yuming posted:

I said I changed my mind that is all~

no, that is not all. Don't handwave that away. You very specifically said

yuming posted:

50 eh I don't think he's scum after today.

so you're either backpedaling away from this immediately after getting called out or admitting that this was just part of a fluffy piece on your own case to push it toward a PoE vote on me, and those are both very scummy.

• Locked thread